Start by marking “Dangerous Passions” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Passions

Dangerous Passions

Isoline Beresford has beautiful yet haunting dreams. In them, a man she doesn't know is calling to her. She's inexplicably, inexorably drawn to him, until he's more real to her than her own fiancé.

When she calls off her engagement, her enraged father sends her to live with her ninety-year-old grand-aunt, the Dowager Countess Bellamira Granville. If she won't do her duty a
Published April 24th 2018 by Red Empress Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Passions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Passions

Start your review of Dangerous Passions
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This was such an interesting book. I love that it was a historical romance. I feel like having a dream "lover" is something I have read before but in modern times. So that made it different and interesting because I love historical romances so much. This book was dark and also funny at times and that made for such an enjoyable book!

#audiobookobsessionreviewer
Barb VanderWel
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Eliza
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
When the heroine sucks....the books sucks. Sorry, cant do it.
Kimmie
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God what a book! This was one Amazing Story. This book is so well-written and thought through. It had a wonderful flow to it and was absolutely impossible to put down.
This is Isoline and her dream lovers story. Since she was young Isoline has had very vivid dreams. So vivid it was as if they were real oh, she would wait in a field and walk and feel the presence of the man. She never saw his face. But she knew he was there. After a failed courtship she is sent to be her aunt's companion. I
Diana in SC
Jun 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars overall, 4 stars story, 3 stars narration
A romantic Gothic story that will keep you guessing

I enjoyed this dramatic story written in the true Gothic style, complete with a huge manor house, mysterious secrets, lots of dark and stormy nights, paranormal elements, and a darkly handsome man. For the atmosphere, think “Jane Eyre” or “Dracula”. I think that fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, and Charlotte Bronte would really enjoy this audiobook. The novel has periods of calm punctu
Lidia
Mar 15, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, audiobook
This is my review of the audio version as posted on Audible:

First things first, I'll try to avoid spoilers, so what follows may sound a bit vague or confusing...:) So, here it is:

The premise of the book sounded intriguing - haunting dreams, unwanted suitors, dark mysteries... It felt almost gothic. But, while the book has its moments, it is also a bit disappointing...
The beginning of the story is good, it engages you and makes you want to know what will happen to Isoline at her Aunt's place - a
Shayay
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
As soon as I read the premise about a man in the heroine's dreams, I was there! Love that premise! Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the book. There's a bit of a mysterious vibe to it, and you just know something is off. This is set in a time when women are expected to marry or be destitute, which isn't my favorite time period so I tend not to read historical, but I really enjoyed this one. I listened to the story on Audible, and the narrator did a good job. She expressed the emotion well, and di ...more
Kaye
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
🛡️🛡️ONE OUTSTANDING TREAT🛡️🛡️
Right turn Clyde! Leigh knocked the brakes off this bad boy, delivering this incredibly composed approach with intrigue aplenty, escalating suspense, unveiling secrets while keeping you riveted on a razors edge and frozen to your seat, wrapping this baby up sleek, shiny and tight. A raging tempest of vexing mishaps and perplexing events propels those churning emotions into play, noting the intimidating trials and arduous tribulations, alongside the dramatic twists an
Che Flaviano
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Torn in two

I would very much want to love this, but I am torn in two with liking it and a bit hating it. I really like the plot, the suspense, the adventure of the h here - though I wish this has a dual POV so I could understand the H more and some characters involved (sorry no spoilers here). What has kept me from wholly loving the romance was the H himself. I did a double take when I discovered his romantic involvements. That draw the line for me - to be torn in half. I can't help disliking hi
Avid Reader
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this excellent book. Isoline has been dreaming of a man for years and her dreams feel more and more real. When she is about to become engaged to a man who truly loves her she realises she cannot go through with a marriage while she is so engaged with the man in her dreams. Creating scandal and outrage she is sent away to her elderly aunts house. There she meets a number of characters but not all are as they seem. Lots of twists and turns, secrets, lies, paranormal, love and romance. An ama ...more
Natalie
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-obssesion
This is PRN romance. It had me just from the blurb. Isoline keeps having dreams about a man she doesn't know/. The suspense of finding out who he is, where he is, why is he coming to her in her dreams, etc. It kept me on my toes and I couldn't stop till the end. The book was very well written with great visualization.

The narration by Amber Bray was excellent. She has an alluring voice, combined with the great visualization of the writer, brings each character to life.

#AudiobookObsession
🎧Audio
Tanya
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
she is engaged but she dreams of a different man and he pulls her closer and closer until she knows she cant marry her fiancé. her fathers temper is huge and so he sends her away. there are mystery there and other men. the dreams get more urgent. will she solve the mystery? who will she marry? who is the man in her dreams? see by reading

Brittany
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
I don't normally read these types of books im more into modern vampire books but this blurb intrigued me. I got the book for free and decided to give it a try. The book wasn't bad, I just wish it would have been duel POV. I think that would have helped me like the book better to know what Auberon was thinking and feeling. Again its not normally what I read but it was pretty good.

I received this ARC in exchanged for an honest review.
Mandy
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free at my request but the opinion is of my own. Isolines is currently engaged to a man she doesn’t really love but would be a good match that would help her family. Suddenly she has such strong dreams that makes her question her choices in life, but when she changes her plans her father is furious and she gets sent to try to win a fortune. But not all is what it seems at her new home.
Amanda Urbinato
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me at my request and I am providing a voluntary review:

Wow. I am sooo happy I didn't jump the gun and write my review before I got all the way to the end. I do that every once and awhile and was going to do that here. I had something else completely planned out to write. And NONE of what I was going to say hold true any more. The ending completely surprised me! And it was soo good! I def plan on reading more from Leigh Anderson. Also, the narration was done really well! SU
Scarolet Ellis
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read other books by Leigh Anderson. This book is no different another wonderful well written book. This was one of those books I didn't want to put down. I loved reading it from start to finish. I can't wait till read her next book that comes out.

I received an ARC and am giving an unbias opinion.
Becky
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I have just recently started to read some of the new gothic novels. I am really starting to love this genre. It had an interesting story line that I fell right into and couldn't put down until the end. So many villains to choose from, but only 1 great heroine and hero. Thanks so much. Hopefully there will be a follow-up to this one. ...more
Daisy
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. I really enjoyed this introduction into this world and I just couldn’t get enough of it. I just so thoroughly enjoyed meeting these new characters and getting to go on their journey. I will most definitely be reading more wonderful books from this author.
S. Nomakeo
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Romance With A Bite
Isoline Beresford is haunted by a dream that forestalls any reality her father has planned for her. Exiled to the home of her dowager aunt her dream escalates and she meets the dark and elusive stranger. Interesting story and believable characters even with the paranormal twist.
Jackie
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable, romantic, a bit of suspense to combine in an amazing read. Isoline
dreams of a man who calls to her. She then breaks her engagement and is sent to live with a maiden aunt who is up to parr not at all old. A story that keeps you reading.
Alisha
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read. It kept me interested and once I got a few chapters in, it was hard to put down. If you are into gothic romance, this is for you!

Kim F
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An awesome book. Extremely entertaining, captivating and interesting sexy read. I could not put it down. Wonderfully written with strong, intriguing characters. I want to read more from this author. I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
LaGina
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of my first reads from this author and it was pretty good. The story and plot had me hooked and the characters made me want to know more about them and how things were going to work our for them in the end.
Barbara
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author that I have read and I found it to be a well-written story once I was able to get into the story, but that did take awhile.I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kitt
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by Leigh Anderson. It is a gothic romance complete with mysterious settings and characters, a strong-willed heroine and a dashing hero. It was an intriguing and engaging story.

Carol
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a good storyline. It sure has a dramatic conclusion but it just wasn’t quite what I thought it would be. Something just seemed to be missing.
It is a pretty good read so I would recommend the book.
London Clarke
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this well-written gothic novel with an interesting twist that doesn't come until near the end. The author's pacing, storytelling, and characterization are all spot on. Atmospheric, reminiscent of classic gothic novels, Dangerous Passions is subtle enough to avoid being over the top but also sexy enough to make the reader swoon. If you like gothic romances, you will love this. I recommend Dangerous Passions to those who have more than once dreamt of a lover that seems too real to ...more
Brooke
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
This is a love story that will have you on your toes all the way until the end. Their are some twists that you may or may not see coming but they are so interesting and fun to hear. This is a great book and the narration was done beautifully as well.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a wonderful love story. I enjoyed it very much. The storyline was spot on and was well executed. I recommend it
Nadea Croix
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It thought it was exciting and enchanting read, the storyline was well thought out along with some steamy scenarios and hiden secrets as it unfolds, I liked reading it.

• Earl of my Heart (The Lambourne Legacy Book 1)
  • Mr. Darcy's Decision: A Sequel to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
  • Captured Heart (Sweethearts of Jubilee Springs, #14)
  • King in Waiting (Lord Edward's Archer, #2)
  • Conner's Contrary Bride: (Matchmaker's Mix-Up #1)
  • The Chronicles of Aveline: Awakening (The Lady Crusader #1)
  • Her Mad Baron
  • LONGSWORD'S LADY: COUNTESS ELA OF SALISBURY
  • Wayward Angel
  • Wild Swan: A Story of Florence Nightingale
  • Romancing the Dog: The Struggle to Make a Pound Dog Happy in Beverly Hills
  • Passage of Shadows (The Victorian Gothic Collection Book 3)
  • Finding the Forgotten (Rogue Dragons #2)
  • Restoring the Broken (Rogue Dragons #3)
  • Trusting the Betrayed (Rogue Dragons #1)
  • A Heart's Tale
  • Curvy Temptation (An Instalove Curvy Romance, #7).
  • Crumpled Love Notes
Leigh Anderson loves all things Gothic and paranormal. She wrote her master’s thesis on vampire imagery in Gothic novels and met her husband while assuming the role of a vampire online. She currently teaches writing at several universities and has a rather impressive collection of tiny hats. She lives in a small town in the mountains where she raises bearded dragons and gives them wings for Hallow ...more