Start by marking “When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to TRULY Helping Anyone in Grief” as Want to Read:
When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to TRULY Helping Anyone in Grief

When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to TRULY Helping Anyone in Grief

Have a grieving friend and don't know what to say or do? No more fear, or walking on eggshells. Be equipped to: understand what they are experiencing and feeling say the right things and avoid saying the wrong things be supportive with appropriate actions and gifts encourage them during the holidays  write a lovely message in a sympathy card  and so ...more
Paperback, second, 96 pages
Published March 27th 2018 by Joseph Allen Press (first published April 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about When Their World Stops, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Their World Stops

Start your review of When Their World Stops: The Essential Guide to TRULY Helping Anyone in Grief
Karen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: death-and-dying
Lockmyer experienced the shock of receiving a phone call that her husband died from a brain aneurysm. But her grief extended well beyond the week of his death and burial. She draws on her experience of deep loss to advise people on how to offer comfort to the bereft.

Her book shows sensitivity to feelings, but the bulk of the content is practical. This is valuable for me because I tend to overanalyze situations or focus on my own feelings. Her guide book is filled with many concrete suggestions
Kimberly
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tremendously Helpful

I’m lucky enough to not yet have had to experience the loss of a loved one, or even had any close family or friends deal with the loss of a loved one but having read this book and having it to refer back to when the day comes is very comforting.

There is a lot of really great advice in this book paired with real life experiences that really help to open your eyes at what people go through who have dealt with tremendous personal loss.

This book is so well written, at times I f
Michelle
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reviews, therapy
This was a wonderful book on grief. I work in mental health so grief in various forms comes up from time to time. This is a great resource for myself, my clients and others. I greatly appreciate how open the author chose to be regarding her loss and navigating her grief. I have an academic understanding, but this made it so much more personal and understandable. Plus, it was a quick and easy read. I can see how even skimming her highlights (bold text) could be beneficial, especially as a refresh ...more
Tracy
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great, quick resource for anyone with a friend who is grieving. Examples of what to say and write. How to help in the first few days when you are at a loss of what to do and what your friend may need. A needed resource for any family.
Allison
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: won
This is a short, quick read that does offer some good tips. Grief is such a personal & individually unique experience that makes it impossible to have an all encompassing guide. This is a good start though for anyone, because at some point you will need to be there for someone who is hurting. ...more
Tena
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
This is a small pocket sized book that packs a lot of useful advice within it's smallness. A few moments of your time to help you give solace and be a better friend, caregiver, parent, child; person. ** I won this in a GOODREADS giveaway.
Tamara Dever
Wonderful resource for anyone who wants to help a grieving friend, colleague, or family member. Should be in every household!
Chelsea
Oct 14, 2019
Lynda Pires
Jul 23, 2018
Hernan
rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2019
Andrea
Kim
Lydia Wallace
Apr 09, 2018

• It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • I Dared to Call Him Father: The Miraculous Story of a Muslim Woman's Encounter with God
  • How to Help a Grieving Friend: A Candid Guide for Those Who Care
  • Shattered: Surviving the Loss of a Child (Good Grief Series Book 4)
  • Becoming Mrs. Lewis
  • The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham
  • Sonnets from the Portuguese
  • The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands
  • Ordinary Grace
  • Murder Must Advertise  (Lord Peter Wimsey, #10)
Anne-Marie Lockmyer is an award-winning author, speaker and Advanced Grief Recovery Specialist who lives in Anaheim, California. Her work has appeared notable media outlets such as Rolling Stone, LA Wave and Billboard. She has been a featured speaker at multiple venues.

As a widow who suffered a devastating loss herself, Anne-Marie is passionate to dispel the myths of grief and bring hope, encoura

News & Interviews

“Sometimes the best gift we can give to someone is the gift of our presence. Be quiet and just be there.” 0 likes
“Pain is real. So is Hope!!” 0 likes