Start by marking “Finders Keepers (Syndicate, #1)” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers (Syndicate, #1)

Finders Keepers

(Syndicate #1)

**Please see trigger warnings!

Charlotte

I was a world-class thief.
I was tasked with stealing a valuable artifact in order to save my brother's life.
I must avoid detection, evade capture, and meet my deadline.
Unfortunately, my plans go awry when Jensen Holm, a dangerous and powerful criminal himself, finds me in his home.
And decides to keep me.

Jensen

I was a criminal kingpi
Kindle Edition
Published April 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Sheridan
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
How do I feel about swooning over the anti-hero roughly 15-20% into the book... well I’m still swooning so that says something! 😉
This story was a fantastic read!
The trigger warning at the front of the book is important as it goes into some touchy feels, but that really made the story and the characters come to life!
I couldn’t put this book down!
Charlotte was a beautiful character that had strength and sass in spades!
Jensen, the dark soul, at first you really want to hate him, but deep down your
Katrina
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This was a fantastic read. The author warns you this book has triggers, can get a little dark. It's an emotional read. I freaking loved it!
Cait's Creatures
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Ok, I'm so going to contradict myself here. I've talked about my feelings on abuse in books, and usually it's an automatic no from me. Well, I just read this book that contains non-consensual situations, and freely states what it is, but I still loved it. I think one of the things I liked was that the author didn't gloss over it, or say it was something else. Jensen is a bad guy, who thinks of Charlotte as a possession to do what he pleases. However, I was sucked into this book from the prologue
Dawn Marie Pennington

Ending: HEA
Main Characters:
Charlotte Benson aka Pixie
Jensen Holm

REVIEW: Charlotte was born into the life of crime, thieving to be exact. You could say it was the family business. Although, when a job turns bad it gets Charlotte and her younger brother in a very sticky situation. To save her brother’s
Renee
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a dark read so be aware that there are triggers including nonconsensual scenes. However, it is not as graphic as other dark reads.

This book will definitely keep you on your toes! There are so many twists that it feels impossible to keep up. I love the fact there is so much chemistry between the Charlotte and Jensen, even when it doesn’t seem possible. It definitely is a page-turner with everything going on.

I hope the author writes more in this world, which is the highest compliment I can
Marcia
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal! I loved Charlotte and Jensen. In the beginning I wanted to throat punch Jensen , but half way through, I fell in love with him. The building of their relationship was exciting to read. I wondered how Ms. Bentley was going to have Charlotte move past the initial start of their relationship, but being the creative writer she is, Ms. Bentley did it with grace and emotional panache. My heart cried for Charlotte and hurt for Jensen at one point.

Even though this story does have triggers, I
Nicola Chiappinelli
Wow.
This book starts off dark with scenes that may not appeal to some but the author warns of this before you even start the book. They aren't very traffic so please don't let that put you off.
This book is an amazing read I couldn't put it down, even though Jenson starts off as the bad (ish) guy, I loved him from the start.
Charlotte is strong and sassy all wrapped up in a tiny package.
Loved it and I can't wait to read more from this author as this was my first from BJ Bentley but it won't be my
Tiffany
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an AMAZING read! She does warn of triggers but really there is only 2-3 trigger spots where it’s dark. This is a great storyline from beginning to end! It also has a great epilogue with an extended epilogue.
Jessica71208
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wasn't what I expected in the best way possible

This was both my first book by this author and the first book in the series. I have read many of Syndicate books and I really like that this one was different than all the other ones. This books is on the darker side so I would remind you this book has a trigger warning. I was drawn right into this book because the main character being a female in a very non-traditional job was very interesting to read. Charlotte is our main female character in this
Zelda
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first read by Ms Bentley. Charlotte and Chace are a brother-sister thieving duo, the family business. Unfortunately, they end up getting caught by the men who actually run the city. Charlotte ends up with crime boss Jensen, while her brother is being held by the Bratva. Suddenly, their focus is not on the item they were sent to steal but on keeping each other alive. There are twists and betrayals, and lots of rescuing to be done. I enjoyed the storyline, full of action & intrigue, ...more
Sara F.
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author and I'm impressed. Charlotte and her brother are in the family business, safe cracking. She gets in over her head when she tries to steal from criminal king pin, Jensen. Char is likable and relatable. She's trying to save her brother and her actions are believable. Jensen is kinda horrifying in the beginning. I had a few moments where I thought I shouldn't be reading this, but I kept on going and I'm glad I did. He has his dark and very dark moments, but he t ...more
Micorazonkilleen
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book draws you in from the very beginning. You are instantly in a love/hate relationship with Jensen right alongside with Charlotte. There are a couple of triggers to be sure per the author's warning at the beginning but from then on out it is just Jensen in dominant/alpha mode. Too bad for him Charlotte's not submissive by nature. LOL! The emotions run deep in this dark romance as Jensen attempts to keep his found treasure (Charlotte) safe. You get an instant connection with the main chara ...more
Tania
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a dark book so be prepared for triggers. I am new to this author but wanted to give this book a try and the author advised at the beginning of the book about triggers. This book was great, it had me glued to my tablet from start to finish. The author does a great job at describing everything that goes on and the chemistry between Charlotte and Jensen. Charlotte is a badass and Jensen is dark but together they somehow complete each other. Can't wait for whatever this author comes out with ...more
Rebecca Sharp
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a keeper!!!

This story had me on the edge of my seat the whole time! I loved Charlotte’s spunk and the way Jensen warmed throughout the book. Yes, you should mind the trigger warning, but I felt like even the dark scenes were tastefully done. Definitely would recommend with a warning of my own - don’t start this unless you have the time to finish it because you won’t want to put it down!!
Lofty
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

Charlotte & her brother Chace have been caught by Dmetri trying to steal from his safe. Can they escape?
Jensen is surprised to discover a woman in his home. What is she looking for & who is this gorgeous little pixie?
I’m looking forward to reading more from this series.
This is my first book by BJ Bentley & won’t be my last.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Finders keepers
Leanne Bryson
Apr 05, 2018 rated it liked it
📚I am honestly and voluntarily reviewing an Advanced Reader’s Copy of this book 📚
I like dark romance....a lot! This book, however stepped over my line. Rape is not cool. That said, if you left out chapters 4 and 8, which didn’t really enhance the storyline, it was a solid 4 stars. Jensen and Charlotte were compelling character, the book moved quickly, and I’m curious about the side characters.....all good things.
Barbie Hamilton
Good Start

Charlotte seemed to grow more spirited as the book progressed. Jensen was very stern in the beginning but loosened up a little to quickly in my opinion. There are some dark scenes in this but it made the story more interesting for me.This is a first book in this genre from this author so I feel she did pretty well. I am hoping as the series continues we see a little more of Jensen and Charlotte!
Christina Astorga
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Wow. I really enjoyed this book. It slowly pulls you in and you're running along with Charlotte. It does have dark content (be prepared) but it totally works. We meet Charlotte and Jensen (loving his name) and go along for their crazy ride. The book reels you in before you know it and you're at the end smiling but still sad because you're no longer in their world.
Megan Knisell
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author, and she definitely has a new fan! Some scenes were a little tough to read, so I would suggest being mindful of the trigger warning at the beginning of the book. The story drew me in and flowed well, and the characters were easy to fall in love with. Jensen *swoon*. I would definitely recommend, and look forward to reading more of BJ's books in the future!
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Now I know the book had this warning at the beginning.

TRIGGER WARNING : This book contains possible triggers for graphic violence and non-consensual situations. Read at your own risk.

However the initial scenes between the H and h wasn’t what I expected and I think unnecessary for the books development however if you can get over that the rest of the story was quite good. I like Charlottes character and even Jensen grew on me.
Michelle Karpinski
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
B.J. Bentley outdid herself in the first in the series, Syndicate!! Could not put the book down and read in one night. It was a dark twisted kind of book but very riveting. The chemistry between Jensen and Charlotte is amazing and loved how the story evolved. Cannot wait for the second book in the series. Thank you B.J. Bentley.
Christi Adkins
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BJ Bentley is new to me but I would love the read more of their work. Finders Keepers was an exciting drama filled thrill ride I couldn't put down. I loved the chemistry and the sexy alpha in this book. Can't wait to read more of this author go one click now.
Stacie McGlaughlin
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Absolutely loved it! This book starts out pretty dark at times, but it hooks you right from the beginning. It has you invested in the characters from the first chapter! I love how Jensen captures your heart and has you falling in love with him right along with Charlotte! This was the first book of B.J. Bentley's that I have read, and I loved it! I cannot wait to read more! 5 stars!!
Shannon
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charolette and Jensons story isn't the typical romance, no this is dark and dirty... Very raw and unfiltered some parts will make you cringe and wanna stab somebody but hanf tight!! Wanted to hate Jenson but he made me fall for him same as Charlotte!!
Sarah Armstrong
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed it.

This was my first book by this author & it was really good tough to read some scenes but definitely a great story. Fast paced with great characters.
Christine
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Dark decadence.
I really enjoyed this story, as dark as it was, as hard as some parts were to read. It was raw, gritty, and beautiful. I'm voluntarily reviewing a free copy of this book.
Paula-Michelle Trotter
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Finders keepers is a well written dark romance. I loved it and can't wait to read more from this series.
Christy Warthen
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

Dark, angsty, dramatic and emotional. Not how you expect HEA to stress but it worked for them. I couldn’t put it down.

I voluntarily read an advanced copy.
Chanah Dickson (The Book Whisperer)
Wow!! When I got this book I read the warnings that BJ Bentley had provided at tue start but was adamant to carry on, when I began reading Charlottes character immediately had me warmed to her within a few pages she is a criminal ‘aquirer of artificacts’ or thief as we commonly know them but she doesn’t steal from every day people this girl has ball is steel and steals from high ranking crime lords. But at a time in her life when she doesn’t need more hassle she finds herself caught and in order ...more
Laundry
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m not gonna lie, when the author messages you prior to reading their book to give a couple disclaimers about triggers, it raises a flag or two. It also important to actually remember those tidbits when you go to read the book a week later. After the first trigger scene, I finally remembered what BJ Bentley had said to me. Insert major eye roll here. Oops.
Let me say this quickly – I don’t have any triggers that would turn me off from a book. Rape, incest, swingers, etc are not a hard limit for
Author, spiritualist, cat mom. An introvert who swears like a sailor and loves the outdoors.

I've been reading romance novels since I was a tween back in the early 90s, and my mom had a Harlequin subscription. Now I write them too.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorbjbent...

Twitter: @bj_books

Instagram: @authorbjbentley

Amazon Author Page: http://bit.ly/BJBentley

BookBub: http://bit.

Syndicate (3 books)
  • Sleight of Hand (Syndicate, #2)
  • The Long Game (Syndicate, #3)