Start by marking “Caught in the Act (Unexpected, #1)” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Act (Unexpected, #1)

Caught in the Act (Unexpected, #1)

Two callers a day.
Ten callers a week.
Over four-hundred in a year.
…and one has the power to change his life.

Liam Hardt, radio personality for an award-winning hits station in San Diego, is known for his sexy voice and pretty face. But also, for the increasingly popular segment, Caught In The Act—where he helps people corner their cheating significant others.

It’s all fun and
Expected publication: March 23rd 2108

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Act, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Act

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
4.5 LIAM stars.

This was a sweet read and an amazing surprise.. My first book from this author but it won't be my last.

If you’re looking for an alpha controlling ass hero then this book may not be for you because this hero was amazingly sweet. Not a manwhore even though he had a bit of fame.
Heroine was a good mother.
Hero fell for the heroine fast and it didn't bother me his pursue for her.
Heroine was reluctant to start something and rightfully so, I agree with her, I understood where she was com
Kiki
Alex ♈
Apr 03, 2018 rated it liked it

Please read Leonor's review

I enjoyed the story, the hero was amazing!
But... I couldn't understand why the heroine got pregnant for the 3rd time, when she already suspected her bf of cheating? Why? It bugged me a lot, maybe because her ex/their relationship weren't explained/shown better?..

Otherwise it was a sweet fairy-tale.
Cyndi
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this! It is such a sweet love story! I loved the kids and the dog! Liam is the sweetest hero! Such an enjoyable read😍
Lady M.
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! I pretty much put my life on hold while I finished reading it. It was that good! I'm a little disappointed in reading the description that there's no Crossover with this book and the next book. Because I want more of Liam and Kinsley! This book was so sweet, and real and just adorable, I think I had a permanent grin on my face the whole way through . For it not being as long as I had wanted (because I always want more!), there was a lot going on. Not just between ...more
Christine
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Caught In The Act by Michelle Minikin is a sweet romance about love when you least expect it. I loved this story idea of a radio host who reveals cheaters live on air. In this day of social media and online dating cheating seems almost to easy to happen so this plot seemed not only realistic but something a radio station would do in this day and age. Kensley finds herself in a pretty horrible situation - pregnant with two small girls already and with a cheating long-term boyfriend. I love that K ...more
Amanda
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve gotta be honest, I went into this book blind, hoping for a bit of a fluff read between intense books... but this book surprised me, sure it’s instalove, sure it’s super sweet but it isn’t over the top, or cheesy or so overdone that you end up rolling your eyes every few minutes.

I loved Liam, it’s nice to read a story with a nice, wholesome hero for once, I loved Kensley and the strength she had for her girls and lord do I wish that my mother in law was even a bit like Sharon!

Super excited
Anna
Mar 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Such a doormat h. I just dont know, is she for real?
1) We are in 21 cent. Why did she get her pregnant 2 more times, if she knew her exbf was a cheater, and just held his first babygirl 4 times in 2 or 4 years??? He wasnt a good bf, a good father... Why did she get pregnant 2 more times? HUH...

2) She let some strange man babysit her 2 children after 2 weeks of *relationship*??? Huh, i dont know, this just didnt go well with me.

The H was alright, a bit stalkerish... but whatever. He was sweet and
Treena
Looks like I'm going to be the first 1-star read. Sigh. Sorry. But it is what it is. We all don't like the same books.

I admit that I got sucked in by the hot guy on the cover. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself? I also got sucked in by all the positive reviews about this. But here's why I didn't like this book...

The story (chapter 1) starts off good but as I moved further into the book, I just couldn't buy into the story.

(view spoiler)
Just Lily
I just loved this sweet story. Especially after I read something dark – it goes so smoothly after that, like slowly eating a chocolate cake after a cup of strong coffee. The hero is one of the best I’ve ever read. Kids are beyond cute. Couldn’t get enough of them. Great side characters – loved H’s parents and h’s mother-in-law. If some details about former relationships or other characters were off or something – I didn’t feel them at all. Oh God, I enjoyed this one A GREAT DEAL.

Safety: no chea
Cait's Creatures
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

HOLY CRAPOLA GUYS. This was SO good! Liam and Kensley were so real I was so in love from the first page!

Liam is a radio personality that has a segment called "Caught in the Act" that exposes cheating spouses/boyfriends/girlfriends/partners. One morning, he gets a call from a woman, Kensley, who suspects her boyfriend of eight years and father to her two children and one unborn child, is cheating on her. Spoiler: He's cheating. Liam is hooked from the first sound of her voice. That first phone c
Michal Inbar
Dnf 40%

Basically the H fell in love and became an instant father and a husband to a two cuit girls and their boring twenty four years old going seventee mom. All this over a course of two hours.
Very believable.

I didn't dig their chemistry and I didn't see it goes anywhere from here.
Zero angst between them. Like an old couple. After 30%, when I understood that there will be no Chase from his side because she gave up wayyy too soon, I got bored and started skimming.

Nonetheless, I liked this auth
Karen
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this is truly a fantasy that I know isn't real but it doesn't piss me off for being stupid. Liam is the fantasy. You kind of wonder why Kensey would allow herself to get pregnant three times by Mark but she only knew him as they met young. He's managed to string her along but she's getting her sense of things as his absences are getting longer and more obvious of his lack of care. Kensey calls the radio station that "catches" cheaters" by telling them they won a honeymoon trip and would they ...more
Tynna
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-boyfriend
Sweet romance. H's didn't just fall for h; he fell for her kids too, in the sweetest way. Love him. Heroine had a lot of growth. She deserved an HEA and got it. Safe.
*Recommend*
Jamie
This book was so cute!! If you love single parent romances, I highly recommend this one to you. It was so cute and Liam was the best!!
MsKingsPens
DNF... I didn't even make it through her call. Of course she was with her douche ex who didn't believe in marriage for 7 years. Of course she has never been with anyone else. Gag me.
Candace Tidwell
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Add this to your summer reading. This book is refreshing and full of sweetness. Kinsley and Liam are too cute for words. Buy it, read it and enjoy!
Charlene
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liam is a morning radio show host with a very popular segment called “Caught in the Act” where he outs suspected cheating spouses or significant others. After having Kensley call into the show and finding out that her douchebag boyfriend was indeed cheating, he can’t stop thinking about her. And it would seem that Kensley is rather interested in Liam as well. To say that Kensley’s life is complicated would be an understatement, but when it feels so right, the complications take a backseat.

An in
Kacie
Mar 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I was intrigued by the blurb but right from the very beginning I was sucked into the lives of Liam and Kensley.

Liam is a hot shot morning radio host and I do mean HOT! But he’s more than his looks, he is a sweet, gentle, and kind man. He spends all his time outside of work with his dog and his sister and nephew. Kensley is a stay at home Mom with two beautiful girls and a baby on the way. Her babies are her life and she goes “mama bear” to protect them.

I love Liam and Kensley and their entire
Lourdes
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Kensley Cole calls a morning radio show looking for confirmation the man she’s been with since high school is actually cheating on her, she doesn’t expect to hear the things he says to justify his unfaithful ways. But she’s had enough of him and his indifference toward her daughters and is more than ready to walk out.
Liam Hardt, the host of the popular show, has never been hung up after a particular call and after an average of 400 calls per year, he doesn’t expect to. But Kensley’s voice d
Cali Gals
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you say book hangover?!! I need to stop having preconceived ideas when reading books from this author. She ALWAYS impresses and takes me on different journeys. What an amazing book about finding true love even when to the outside world it would look impulsive and crazy. Liam our hero is pass swoon worthy. Holy hotness with an extra helping of daddy material. Kensley is a beautiful combination of maternal and spicy. Love the message about trust and following your heart. Expect your ovaries to ...more
Nicole
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Caught In The Act by Michelle Minikin is book 1 in the Unexpected Series.
This is the first I've read of Michelle's work and her writing is so good.
I loved so much about this book, from the characters personalities, backgrounds and uniqueness to the story arc, from the supporting characters to the writing style.
It's told from both Kensleys and Liam's POVs and is told with such transparency and honesty. So much emotion is conveyed in this sweet contemporary romance. With little conflict and a HEA
Jillian Martinez
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was great!!! It was so sweet and I just fell in love with Liam from the beginning and my heart hurt for Kensley. He ex just put her through so much and she was hurt and trying to put her life back together. I loved her determination and the fact that even though she was hurt she picked herself back up and pushed on for her babies. Liam and his love for her and his own determination to be there for his girls was amazing. I loved the epilogues and also the bonus scenes on the authors fb ...more
Jamie
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great debut book

Overall I enjoy the book. I thought the characters were well written . I like the idea of caught in the act as a radio show kind of like how candid camera was a t.v. show . I linked the authors writing style. I gave it 4 stars as there were some errors in the book. Will four sure read more by this author.
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
Leading towards a 2.75 stars.

Cute most of all, but it had some bugs about the storyline for me. Meeting someone so soon after her relationship ended, pregnant with her exes kid even though she knew he was a douche, she was still sleeping with him? That's just bad contraception management, lady.

Hero was the standout for this one. He never wavered and knew what he wanted.
Christy Daeger
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very sweet romance between a single mom and radio DJ. I loved Liam and Kensley and their entire relationship. It’s comes on fast but real and there is no denying it's love. Liam proves that it takes more than shared DNA to be a daddy. His love for Kensley and the girls blew me away.
Susan
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book very much. I love the subgenre where there is a single parent involved. I also loved just how much Liam took to Kensley's two girls and accepted them as his own so easily! I will be reading other books in the Unexpected series soon!
Rose helg
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good Book

This was the first time I read her book. This book was Good. I got to amitt I did pass this book up twice. What a fool I was. The book was Good. The ending was Good also. You got to read this book.
Rebecca Bistel
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love Liam

I really liked this book. Liam was the perfect leading male. He was so sweet with the girls. This would have been a 5 star for me except for some editing issues I just couldn't over look
Andrea
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!!!! Highly recommend! Look forward to reading her next one in June!