Start by marking “TwoSpells” as Want to Read:
TwoSpells

TwoSpells

Sarah and her twin brother Jon are heirs to an ancient magical realm and its most valuable treasure, an enchanted library. The library endows readers with the supernatural means of crossing into the uncharted inner-sanctum of the second dimension, inhabited with peculiar and sometimes perilous creatures.

The children are emboldened with a wondrous mystical gift that no ot
Published February 23rd 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about TwoSpells, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TwoSpells

Start your review of TwoSpells
Dianne
Going to Grandma and Grandpa’s house is always an adventure and for twins Sarah and Jon, that adventure would take them to a magical realm where its greatest treasure is an enchanted library! We all know that books can be magical journeys into mystical realms, but for Sarah and Jon, the journey they undertake will be more than they could ever have imagined.

TWOSPELLS by Mark Morrison hits the ground running and the rapid-fire action never quits, sure to hold the attention of young readers from st
Heena Rathore P.
TwoSpells by Mark Morrison was a delightful read with a very engaging plot and decent story-telling. I enjoyed reading this book from start to finish and even though the characterization wasn't perfect, it was good enough to take the story further. It wasn't an overly loaded read and proved to be a light and breezy read.

I liked the tension in the book and the build-up was also pretty good as was the ending. It suited the plot and I'm looking forward to exploring more titles by the author. The wo
Happy Booker
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Twospells is a fantasy novel written for the young adult genre. The story begins with twins, Sarah and her brother. They access a library which gives them supernatural powers and lets them into a world filled with fantastic creatures.

Traveling through the universes due to a war disrupting time and space, the two go through an adventure trying to save the world.

I found the pace to be fast and the relationship between the brother and sister written beautifully. The characters were drawn with pers
Mary Bearden
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
If you have middle to teens, then they will absolutely love this book! It has everything in it that will keep them interested and hopefully waiting for the sequel that will be coming. No way there won't be another book once you read the ending.

Now, as an adult, I will have to admit that the first 2 chapters were hard to get through. Too much conversation and distraction that really didn't need to be there to tell the story. But, once I got to the 3rd chapter, the action ramped up and it was a ve
Catherine Townsend-Lyon
Fabulous YA Unique and Mystical Playground!

I'm normally not a YA fantasy - Harry Potter type reader. However, I got an email from the Author, Mark Morrison to read and review is very first published work. How can I refuse a First Time Author? I was pleasantly surprised! He has done a fantastic job with his first works out of the gate. Opens the mind up as your whisked away to fun imaginary lands ...I do love reads that make you disappear from real life and into a fun book.

If you love mystical en
Christopher Schmitz
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mark Morrison’s Two Spells is an exciting mashup of everything great within the younger-YA spectrum. It feels like a cross between an upper Middle Grade and a younger YA book. It felt like it would be a smash hit with 5th grade-8th grade me.
Two Spells is well written and evokes much imagery and many tropes that really blend well together. At its core it is a fantastic adventure undertaken by siblings Sarah and Jon and their summer stay at Two Spells. It’s got shades of Narnia, painted with tone
A. Cook
This authors entry was able to hold this reader's interest and could not complete. ...more
JK
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I received Mark Morrison’s email asking me to review TwoSpells, I felt as though he had been living inside my head. Magic, strange creatures, an enchanted library? The premise is strong; it felt a bit like Harry Potter meets The Pagemaster (which is, by the way, a completely underrated Macaulay Culkin classic). I had to say yes.

Morrison eases us in gently to his world, peppering strange yet small happenings throughout the initial pages accompanied by a reassuring tone implying we’ll soon ge
Michelle
Aug 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disclaimer: I was sent a copy of this book by the author (thank you!) in exchange for an honest review

I really wanted to like this one, as it has a really cool premise: a magical library and you can actually go inside the books? Like, enter their worlds? Yes please! Unfortunately it took forever until we actually got to the library: until about halfway into the book. And the main plot still didn't start then. I felt like the plot didn't really start until there were like 100 pages left. There wa
Hilary (SongsWroteMyStory)

Any time that the words 'enchanted library' shows up in any description, I have a hard time turning away from that book. Isn't that the dream, when you like to read? A library where magic rules and there are things hidden within the stacks and within the books? It sounds amazing. So when a request for this book popped up in my email, I couldn't resist giving it a go.

TwoSpells is a fun little adventure, and something
Today We Did
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Today We Did
This book is Awesome! TwoSpells had me hooked from the first chapter; that’s where the action started, and it just kept coming. It was a rollercoaster ride of magical creatures, book characters and a villain intent on controlling not just the world, but all worlds and realities. I could hardly put it down, I just had to read the next chapter, and then the next!

The battle at the library was wonderfully told. It was detailed and energetic; the highlight of the story. The diversity of c
Rayleigh
A fantasy adventure that unites the creatures from all of your favorite stories!

Wow. You better buckle your seat belts and hold on tight if you decide to open this book! TwoSpells is one of the fastest paced books I believe I've ever read, it didn't stop for a breath once. From the very first chapter, we're attacked by things from other worlds and the action never stops.

I can't deny it in the least, the story world is fantastic. Extremely well thought-out and complex, TwoSpells brings to life so
Gmr
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As fantastical as the cover looks, the story is TWICE as good!

Have you ever imagined being able to step INSIDE the stories you read? Ever imagined experiencing the story FIRST HAND with your own eyes? Feeling the breeze in your hair, the grass beneath your feet...the wolf with sharp teeth and palpable hunger breathing down your neck? *gulp* Okay, so maybe not that last part, but still...EVERY reader has thought about it at some point, but have you ever considered what the consequences would actu
Sheila
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
{Make sure to follow my blog for more reviews, giveaways, etc.}

TwoSpells is a book full of action, magic, suspense, and a pure, new imaginative world. It takes a few chapters to get into the fun stuff, but once you get past the first 2-3 chapters you are pulled into this mystical world.

There is a lot of world building that is presented chapter by chapter as certain things happen. The main characters realize that not only are their grandparents magical beings, but so are they, twins Sarah and J
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Rating is 3.5 stars.

My husband laughs at me whenever I tell him I am reading a book about magic and kids and fighting evil, apparently I have a 'type'. This book is in that genre, a nice magical fantasy with good versus evil.

In this young adult fantasy, we follow Sarah and Jon who learn that they are part of a magical race and one of the wonders of their new world is TwoSpells. TwoSpells is a massive library full or every book available and because it is a magical library the kids can get into
Ashley Gillan
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I think of what makes a good fantasy novel, the things that come to mind are: a great setting, a backstory/lore that isn't too overwhelming or hard to understand, and some quirky, but lovable, characters.

TwoSpells has all of that, making it a book that not only will young adults enjoy, but adult fans of books like the Narnia series, "A Wrinkle In Time," or Lemony Snickett, will also enjoy.

The book revolves around twins Sarah and Jon, who think they are taking a quiet vacation in the Welsh c
Becki
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First reviewed at www.SweetlyBSquared.com

Sarah and Jon (twins, with Jon just a couple minutes older) were expecting a boring summer visiting their grandparents in Wales. But after hitting a large creature with the car, and passing the same TwoSpells sign multiple times while feeling like they’re lost, everything starts to seem a bit out of the ordinary.

Upon arrival at their grandparents’ home, their mother disappears on a mysterious errand, and the twins are left to do their grandparents biddin
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
People that enjoy fantasy novels just might like this one as it has all sorts of magical beings and a mystery to boot.

The story starts off and we follow Sarah and Jon and a visit to the grandparents. They are intrigued with the farm and everyone that lives there and learn that the dog likes pickles! They are quickly exposed to magical beings and some magic. It is implied that they hold a lot of magical powers themselves but were not raised in that world, so their learning curve is quite steep. I
Cary Morton
Dec 01, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book directly from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.

I've read some really great Middle-Grade fiction this year, but sadly, TwoSpells by Mark Morrison wasn't on that list. I just could not get into this book.

The beginning was slow. What should have been a fast-paced terrifying wrench off the side of the road as the family's car drifted across lanes, well, wasn't. The omniscient voice of the narration gave the book a sort of "backseat" feel - like th
Aunt Meanie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What catches my attention first? The book cover. I love the book cover art! It jumps out at you and draws you in. It promises fantasy, adventure, mystery, suspense and a whole lot of spooky. [ Promise kept!]
Book cover by: Artist Reshetnikov Ihor, better known in the art world as Azot.

The author does an excellent job building this fantasy world filled with characters, creatures, and “beings” who possess all sorts of “powers” and extraordinary “abilities”, both good and evil.
Things are SO much MOR
Storywraps
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! If you are into enthralling mystical fantasy, with extraordinary characters that pop off the pages into your brain then you are in for a real treat when you read this book. Debut author Mark Morrison will have you staying up late at night to finish this imaginative and spell-binding book.

The protagonists are twins. Sarah and Jon are shipped off to their grandparents in Wales for the summer and never in their wildest dreams could they ever imagine what supernatural adventures await them ther
Vivien
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a Middle-Grade book/a book in a long time, so I am out of the loop. I remember enjoying A Series of the Unfortunate Events, The Magic Treehouse, and Geronimo Stilton. I enjoyed those books because they were short, exciting, and imaginative; that's the criteria I have for this book. Unfortunately, this book was difficult to adjust to, slow, and boring; the story-telling failed to lure me, I was caught up in awkward writing, slow pacing, and inconsistencies.

The story did not begin t
Jill Elizabeth
This was an interesting enough tale about precocious (to say the least) twins who are suddenly thrust into a world-within-the-world when they learn that they and their family are The Special Kind. There were some surprisingly dark and creepy bits for a middle-grade book; then again, maybe I shouldn't have been surprised - Harry Potter had that too, although not until the later books. Still, it was an unusual mix of child activity (learning about magic, twin-fights, lawn gnomes that wink) and gru ...more
Ericka Katwal
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review)

This book had everything that I love in a book! Creatures, magic, and a library that is enchanted????? Hello?....I work in a library. What would I give to work in a library that is enchanted. Everything! This fast gripping tale has action and comedy.

Sarah and Jon are twins that are traveling to their grandparents home in Wales. There have it set in their minds that it is going to be quiet and not that exciting until they f
Tracey
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story of twins Sarah and Jon who are heirs to an ancient magical realm and the enchanted library which is its most valuable treasure.
This library is not just for reading it has the supernatural means of crossing over into another dimension. Having magical abilities Sarah and Jon are given the task to save their world from the dark wizard, Jeremy Sermack and his hybrid race of aliens.
This takes them on a jou
Pam
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn’t sure what to expect when starting TwoSpells by Mark Morrison, but I was pleasantly surprised. It did take me a little bit to get into the book, but once I did I looked forward to reading more each night.

I did think it was more an upper middle grade book though, it seemed like it could be a bit scary, heck, I was scared! But every kid is different. And then I thought about how Harry Potter is also scary, so maybe it’s just fine listed as middle grade.

Mr. Morrison has quite the imaginatio
Katy
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I had only intended to read a few chapters but before I knew it I was at the end!

This book was really well written and well thought out. The ideas behind this were superb. I was quickly drawn into the story and couldn’t wait to read more. The characters were well developed and interesting and the pace of the book was good.

All in all, a really enjoyable story. I’m hoping the author is writing a second book because I’d love to see where the story goes!

Origin
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
A library just for magical people? Sign me up!
TwoSpells by Mark Morrison is an excellent book. This book follows the two main characters Sarah and Jon on this amazing adventure. They are in Wales to visit their grandparents and learn a lot about themselves. It has a great plot but I was also confused about some things. Which I will explain further in the review. This book is really good despite what I am going to say about it.

What I liked about the book:
• The plot like I already said is somethi
Pages For Thoughts
The imagery was amazing and I truly felt that I was in there with the characters! I also loved the mysterious and creepy setting that kept me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the action scenes and how the chaos was actually reined in and somewhat controlled at the same time. It was interesting to discover the complex family relationship and the mystery of figuring out their ancestry and discovering their enemies' motivations. Read more of my review at http://pagesforthoughts.blogspot.com/... ...more
Amy Shannon
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magical

This was a very magical book, filled with imagination. Morrison pens a great story that keeps the reader engaged, and welcomes the reader to enter his imagination. The story takes the reader on an adventure with Sarah and Jon as they enter the enchanted library. It's a well-written story that any young adult who loves fantasy will enjoy, and this, much older adult enjoyed the story as well.

• Between the Shade and the Shadow
  • Hush, Now Forget (Sisters of Bloodcreek, #1)
  • Breaking the Rules (Breaking #1)
  • The Dane Law (The Atheling Chronicles, #2)
  • Immersed (Configured, #2)
  • Dust and Shadow (Forgotten Lands, #1)
  • Cynetic Wolf (Wolfish, #1)
  • The Darkest Winter (Savage North Chronicles #1)
  • A Bargain in Silver (Solis Invicti, #1)
  • Token Huntress (Token Huntress, #1)
  • Across the Fourwinds (The Maidstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Hers, Unleashed (Hers, #3)
  • The Crimson Throne
  • Crow's Rest (Faerie Crossed Book 1)
  • Finding Your Voice: A Path to Recovery for Survivors of Abuse
  • Borne of Sand and Scorn (Forgotten Lands #0.5)
  • Calvacade: The Unlikely Heroes (The Calvacade Chronicles Book 1)
  • The Lost Knight (Lost Knight, #1)