Start by marking “Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)” as Want to Read:
Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)

Hold On

(Play On #2.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Samantha Young…

Autumn O’Dea has always tried to see the best in people while her big brother, Killian, has always tried to protect her from the worst. While their lonely upbringing made Killian a cynic, it isn’t in Autumn’s nature to be anything but warm and open. However, after a series of relationship disasters and th
Kindle Edition
Published March 12th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Hold On, please sign up.
Jeraca This book is longer than 4 pages! :) I'm not sure the exact amount, though, because my kindle doesn't give page numbers.

MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Autumn O'Dea is a 25 yr. old woman from Scotland who is now independently wealthy, but growing up had to fight for all the things that truly mattered. She has an overprotective big brother named Killian who would do anything for her, but lately she feels restless. She's been through a tough time lately, and could use some space from her life in Glasgow, so when her friends invite her to tag along on their annual holiday to the snowy hills of Montana, she jumps at
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 Stars

“I didn’t know,” I whispered. “I didn’t know it could be like this.”

This novella ticked all the right romantic and passionate boxes for us. We love Samantha Young and Hold On gave us all the emotions she’s known for, in this beautiful, sweet and sexy read. Despite the length and the insta love aspect, we enjoyed every minute and it felt like a complete standalone story.

“I think after everything you’ve been through, the fact that you still have the biggest, most open heart of anyone I
Shayna
“𝗜 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜’𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲. 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲."

𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧 by Samantha Young put me in a state of absolute BLISS! Autumn and Grayson’s journey to a happily ever might have been short, sexy, and sweet, but it packed one hell of an emotional and beautiful punch! There were butterflies, people…butterflies roaming around my stomach the whole way through. I loved it! I loved the drama-free,
AJ
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“We stumbled onto something special ... We would be fools to turn our backs on it when other folks aren’t so lucky.”

4 super romantic, swoony stars!

I loved this book!! It’s a quick read, but it’s a beautifully romantic, swoony love story that swept me off my feet with its sweetness and intensity. Grayson King is one helluva romantic hero, and I was lost in a world of swoon throughout this gorgeous little story – and with his sweeping declarations, I was highlighting madly, hence my quote-filled r
BlebeTanja
Aug 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Killian and his sister = Braden and his sister. Am I the only one here, or are their relationships very similarly portrayed?
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Stars

“I didn’t know,” I whispered. “I didn’t know it could be like this.”

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤❤

Lynsey A
This was a cute story but not my fave short story of Samantha's. Still a cute read. I always enjoy her books and look forward to the next one. The hero reminded me a bit of Braden, minus the Scottish accent.

My Rambling Things I Thought:

❋ The way they meet is hilarious

❋ You know a guy really likes you when he still wants to date you after you knee him in the balls (on accident)
Those blue eyes held me utterly captive as he replied, “Woman, you’re the most beautiful fucking thing I’ve ever seen
Isha Coleman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6) by Samantha Young

Hold On puts emotions to the test. From a bond between siblings to a romance in the works, Young takes on love at it's most challenging and ends up Inspiring. Autumn is learning about herself. An optimist in a world of cynicism, she needs a bit of distance to follow her heart. That distance leads her into the arms of Grayson. Her heart tells her, he could be the man of her dreams, her mind has a different opinion. Can she get out of her
Rebecca
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though, I’ll admit, I’m not usually a romance reader who enjoys love at first sight story lines, the way that Samantha Young develops Autumn O’Dea and Grayson King’s instant attraction into a kismet-like connection, exploring what it is about each other that they can’t seem to and don’t want to let slip away, I was completely sold on their desire and need for one another, and let me tell you, the more time these two spend together, the easier it is to understand that even though they’ve onl ...more
Maree Repa
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Falling In Love

I was absolutely thrilled to receive book 2.5, Ply On. Written by the amazing and wonderful author, Samantha Young. Such another breathtaking tale with the most exciting characters that I have ever read. It was certainly one of my complete favourite series I have ever enjoyed!

I was also thrilled to now read 4.6, Big Sky by the exciting and magnificent, Kristen Proby’s. I have so enjoyed all of her most beautiful and amazing series.

Autumn O’Dea is is now vacation
Sapir Englard
Mar 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
"Men like him never bother women"

"I will never touch another man's woman"

"You are my woman"

I can't. I used to love you, Samantha Young, but I can't do this anymore.

Chauvinistic? Check.
Insta-love? Check.
Romanticizing creepiness? Check.
Mary Sue? Check.

Enough is enough.
arissa
I know this is a novella, but the romance was way to insta-love for my like. I don't usually mind this type of romance, but even I have limits. One single night of getting to know each other and the next night she already loves him?! The next day they're already saying 'I love you'. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! This sucks 'cause I liked Autumn in As Dust Dances, and I really wanted to like this novella.

Ugh! Now I want to reread As Dust Dances! As if I didn't have 1234567 books in my currently r
Teora Leauanae
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too insta Insta-Love

Waaaay too quick to be believable or romantic. I believe in love at first sight but this was more like two drop dead gorgeous people falling in deep lust without really testing their relationship skills.
Jasmine Reynolds
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
So disappointed. Way too much repetition, the book seemed thrown together. It had so much potential. I love Autumn but I don’t think this book did her justice. She deserved a longer more in depth story.
PP's Bookshelf
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
In "Hold On", Samantha Young crossed off almost everything in my "what makes a romance great" checklist. A sweet, beautiful, compassionate and real heroine. An arrogant, confident , protective, sexy and rugged alpha mountain man. The fairy tale like snowy setting of Cunningham Falls with all the small town charm of big hearted friends. A beautiful and heartwarming tale of taking chances and never letting go. And I was all in!

Autumn is visiting the mountains of Cunningham Falls from Scotland wit
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
After reading Play On by Samantha Young, I was thrilled to learn that Autumn O’Dea would be getting her own story. The fact that it would be a crossover with Kristen Proby’s Big Sky Series and the hero would be Grayson King? *Insert fangirling here* These are two of my all-time favorite authors so getting a Samantha Young book set in a world I already know and love, featuring characters created by Kristen Proby, is definitely cause for excitement. I previously thought that Kristen Proby would be ...more
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"You believe in 'the one'?"
Gray swallowed, almost as if he was nervous.
"I do now."

I am a HUGE fan of Sam's Play On series. The books are heart wrenchingly beautiful and I can't get enough, so I was so excited to see that Autumn was going to get her own little tale.

I'm usually not a big fan of stand alone novellas, because I never feel completely satisfied. I always end up feeling short changed because I didn't get the full story. Well that is definitely NOT the case with Autumn and Gray's story
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

Kristen Proby's Crossver collection has been just a joy to read! Obviously I'm constantly begging for more with these novellas, but Samantha did a wonderful job with this cozy and sexy read.

Once Autumn pommels into Grayson King on the slopes, it was darn right near impossible to love this swoony and ever romantic hero that Samantha has written. Autumn needed a break from everyone and figure herself out. And off to Montana she went to find all of that, but I'm sure she didn't expect to run into (
Aaly
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars!

Review to come

review-blog

** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. **
This novella was a condensed of sweetness and hotness.

Autumn was far from imagined that she would find anything coming to another country. She just wanted to find herself, after a few disastrous relationship that would have ended badly, all she needed was a place in the mountains when she would find some quiet and peace. Until she met Gray on the slopes but let just say that they didn’t get along firsthand.

T
Nancy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel bad for the low review, but there is really no point to this book. There are some authors who can adjust their writing and get a whole story in a novella and that is not what happened here. Most of the book was either in Autumn's head over dramatizing things or insta love between the two leads. Nothing much really happens at all, there is no plot, no ups and downs. Just not enough story for my liking. The only part I did enjoy was seeing Killian and Skylar again.

Definitely not worth the $
Moon Love
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!
Billy
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy
Perfect beginning!

What a refreshing romantic quick read! Can’t wait for more! Loved the juxtaposition between the two protagonists and their families!
Amanda
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh

Ok so I RARELY give 2 stars but I’m struggling here not to give 1. I feel like because this was a crossover novel is why it felt so NOT like Young’s other books. And I have read most of them. Basically I don’t get why these people were together. His ridiculous way he spoke, there was NOTHING interesting about these two. Ugh. And I really like her other books. I know I know it’s romance. But you can still have a killer story with romance thrown in. There was none of that here. I was actually s
Lisa Mandina
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars. This was a very sweet, very short story. I loved Autumn and Gray. It was harder for Autumn to give in to love having been through what we know she dealt with from her part in As Dust Dances. Gray was all about getting her to give him a chance though. And he went after her full speed. Which makes sense, Autumn was only in the area on a holiday. I liked how Gray was able to help her figure out what she really wanted to do now that she'd gotten away from Scotland and her brother. B ...more
Manoela
3.8 Stars

Hold On is a short, sweet, non-drama book that provided a light and romantic reading on this cross-over between authors Samantha Young and Kristen Proby. And though book is a cliché and an instant love (which I confess I'm not much fan of) it was a sweet, sexy and light reading.

I Received an unreleased copy of this book .
Beth
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read 4 books for this collection ...my faves in this order (i must say that none of these stories are similar, unless u say they are all romance reads??! so u can not really judge them this or that, just that i enjoyed one more than other, maybe that i connected more with one, 'cause of the characters, emotions i felt, memories it made me think of or whatnot? tunes, visuals, whatever, if that makes any sense? i've read all authors before, expect Samantha Young, she is a newbie author to me, lo ...more
Jessica Alcazar
I’m really glad I was part of the blog tour not only for this title but for two others as well because now I just want to devour Kristen’s Big Sky series and I haven’t read a Samantha Young story in quite some time, which of course now I have an excuse to #BingeRead her Play On series! GAH, I love author collaborations such as these! It’s such a great way to reconnect with authors you already love and to find new ones as well!

LOVED every word of this insta-connection! This is the kind of story y
Laetitia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Autumn O'Dea meets Grayson King when she runs him over on the slopes in Cunningham Falls. Later on that night, they see each other again at the bar of the lodge and Gray cannot keep his eyes off of Autumn. Gray feels something deep for Autumn but she's a bit skittish because of past relationships. But the way that Gray makes her feel, makes her give in to him, me makes her feel like the only woman in the world. For Autumn and Gray it was pretty much love at first sight and they made things work ...more
Sarah Dale
I love Samantha Young's writing so when I heard she was joining the Kristen Proby Crossover Collection I was super excited. A collaboration of two series I love <3<3

Once I started this I was hooked. This was one short, steamy and sweet romance.

This book is Samantha Young's #2.5 Play On Series and it is set in Kristen Proby's Big Sky Series. If you haven't read either series its a fantastic introduction to them both.

The connection between Autumn and Grayson is instant and could certainly
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.2)
  • Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Untitled (Getting Some, #2)
  • Off the Air (Running on Air, #1)
  • Justified (Loveless, Texas, #1)
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Never Have I Ever
  • The Promise (Neighbor from Hell, #10)
  • Space (Laws of Physics, #2; Hypothesis, #2.2)
  • Mad About Moon (The Whiskeys, #5)
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn #2)
  • Heart of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #3)
  • Boss
  • Piece of My Heart (Fostering Love, #4)
Samantha Young is the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of adult contemporary romances, including the On Dublin Street series, Hero and Fight or Flight. Samantha's YA contemporary novels The Impossible Vastness of Us and The Fragile Ordinary are published by Harlequin Teen.

Samantha is from a small town in Central Scotland and is known for her romantic stories se

Play On (3 books)
  • Play On (Play On, #1)
  • As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)
“What’s your name, angel?”
I didn’t know why I gave it to him. I shouldn’t have. “Autumn.”
His lips parted as he studied my face and hair. Voice hoarse, he said, “Fuck, that’s perfect.”
0 likes
“Woman, you’re the most beautiful fucking thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Take the drink of leave the drink, I’m not going anywhere until you say you’ll have dinner with me.” 0 likes