Start by marking “Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)” as Want to Read:
Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)

Hold On

(Play On #2.5)

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Samantha Young…

Autumn O’Dea has always tried to see the best in people while her big brother, Killian, has always tried to protect her from the worst. While their lonely upbringing made Killian a cynic, it isn’t in Autumn’s nature to be anything but warm and open. However, after a series of relationship disasters and t
Published March 12th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Hold On, please sign up.
Jeraca This book is longer than 4 pages! :) I'm not sure the exact amount, though, because my kindle doesn't give page numbers.…moreThis book is longer than 4 pages! :) I'm not sure the exact amount, though, because my kindle doesn't give page numbers.(less)

Start your review of Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Autumn O'Dea is a 25 yr. old woman from Scotland who is now independently wealthy, but growing up had to fight for all the things that truly mattered. She has an overprotective big brother named Killian who would do anything for her, but lately she feels restless. She's been through a tough time lately, and could use some space from her life in Glasgow, so when her friends invite her to tag along on their annual holiday to the snowy hills of Montana, she jumps
Jennifer Kyle
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars ✨
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

4.5 Stars

“I didn’t know,” I whispered. “I didn’t know it could be like this.”

This novella ticked all the right romantic and passionate boxes for us. We love Samantha Young and Hold On gave us all the emotions she’s known for, in this beautiful, sweet and sexy read. Despite the length and the insta love aspect, we enjoyed every minute and it felt like a complete standalone story.

“I think after everything you’ve been through, the fact that you still have the biggest, most open heart of anyo
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

“I’m going to hold you forever, Autumn O’Dea.”

Hold On is a really sweet, really short novella featuring Autumn, Killian's sister from As Dust Dances.

I was really happy to get her story and really sad that it was so short.

I loved how her and Grayson met and how insistent he was. It was amazing how they tried to figure things out. I only wished there was more! I would have loved more Killian and Skylar as well.

Overall, I was happy with the story and enjoyed how they made things work.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This book started off with so much promise but it demised into instalove in the space of two days. From love to forever in that time frame too. Just nope. Good narration.
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
I listened to the audio version of this novella which has a link to As Dust Dances by Samantha Young and the Big Sky series for Kristen Proby. Set at a ski resort, things soon warm up between Autumn and Gray :)
Shayna
“𝗜 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲’𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜’𝗺 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗜 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲. 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂’𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗺𝗲."

𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐎𝐧 by Samantha Young put me in a state of absolute BLISS! Autumn and Grayson’s journey to a happily ever might have been short, sexy, and sweet, but it packed one hell of an emotional and beautiful punch! There were butterflies, people…butterflies roaming around my stomach the whole way through. I loved it! I loved the drama-free,
arissa
I know this is a novella, but the romance was way to insta-love for my like. I don't usually mind this type of romance, but even I have limits. One single night of getting to know each other and the next night she already loves him?! The next day they're already saying 'I love you'. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! This sucks 'cause I liked Autumn in As Dust Dances, and I really wanted to like this novella.

Ugh! Now I want to reread As Dust Dances! As if I didn't have 1234567 books in my currently r
Rachel
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Hold On was a sweet novella and whilst it wasn’t my favourite Samantha Young story, it was a very pleasant, if not far too short, read.

If you’ve read As Dust Dances and, like me, you adored Autumn, this one is a must - I’m thrilled she got her own HEA and it was great to catch up with Killian and Skylar.

Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019

4.5 Stars

“I didn’t know,” I whispered. “I didn’t know it could be like this.”

AJ
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“We stumbled onto something special ... We would be fools to turn our backs on it when other folks aren’t so lucky.”

4 super romantic, swoony stars!

I loved this book!! It’s a quick read, but it’s a beautifully romantic, swoony love story that swept me off my feet with its sweetness and intensity. Grayson King is one helluva romantic hero, and I was lost in a world of swoon throughout this gorgeous little story – and with his sweeping declarations, I was highlighting madly, hence my quote-filled r
BlebeTanja
Aug 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Killian and his sister = Braden and his sister. Am I the only one here, or are their relationships very similarly portrayed?
Lynsey A
This was a cute story but not my fave short story of Samantha's. Still a cute read. I always enjoy her books and look forward to the next one. The hero reminded me a bit of Braden, minus the Scottish accent.

My Rambling Things I Thought:

❋ The way they meet is hilarious

❋ You know a guy really likes you when he still wants to date you after you knee him in the balls (on accident)
Those blue eyes held me utterly captive as he replied, “Woman, you’re the most beautiful fucking thing I’ve ever seen
Maree Repa
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

Falling In Love

I was absolutely thrilled to receive book 2.5, Ply On. Written by the amazing and wonderful author, Samantha Young. Such another breathtaking tale with the most exciting characters that I have ever read. It was certainly one of my complete favourite series I have ever enjoyed!

I was also thrilled to now read 4.6, Big Sky by the exciting and magnificent, Kristen Proby’s. I have so enjoyed all of her most beautiful and amazing series.

Autumn O’Dea is is now vacation
Isha Coleman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Hold On (Play On, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.6) by Samantha Young

Hold On puts emotions to the test. From a bond between siblings to a romance in the works, Young takes on love at it's most challenging and ends up Inspiring. Autumn is learning about herself. An optimist in a world of cynicism, she needs a bit of distance to follow her heart. That distance leads her into the arms of Grayson. Her heart tells her, he could be the man of her dreams, her mind has a different opinion. Can she get out of her
Sapir Englard
Mar 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
"Men like him never bother women"

"I will never touch another man's woman"

"You are my woman"

I can't. I used to love you, Samantha Young, but I can't do this anymore.

Chauvinistic? Check.
Insta-love? Check.
Romanticizing creepiness? Check.
Mary Sue? Check.

Enough is enough.
Teora Leauanae
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Too insta Insta-Love

Waaaay too quick to be believable or romantic. I believe in love at first sight but this was more like two drop dead gorgeous people falling in deep lust without really testing their relationship skills.
Rebecca
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though, I’ll admit, I’m not usually a romance reader who enjoys love at first sight story lines, the way that Samantha Young develops Autumn O’Dea and Grayson King’s instant attraction into a kismet-like connection, exploring what it is about each other that they can’t seem to and don’t want to let slip away, I was completely sold on their desire and need for one another, and let me tell you, the more time these two spend together, the easier it is to understand that even though they’ve onl ...more
Jasmine Reynolds
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
So disappointed. Way too much repetition, the book seemed thrown together. It had so much potential. I love Autumn but I don’t think this book did her justice. She deserved a longer more in depth story.
Nancy
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel bad for the low review, but there is really no point to this book. There are some authors who can adjust their writing and get a whole story in a novella and that is not what happened here. Most of the book was either in Autumn's head over dramatizing things or insta love between the two leads. Nothing much really happens at all, there is no plot, no ups and downs. Just not enough story for my liking. The only part I did enjoy was seeing Killian and Skylar again.

Definitely not worth the $
Yvette ~ Nose Stuck in a Book
After reading Play On by Samantha Young, I was thrilled to learn that Autumn O’Dea would be getting her own story. The fact that it would be a crossover with Kristen Proby’s Big Sky Series and the hero would be Grayson King? *Insert fangirling here* These are two of my all-time favorite authors so getting a Samantha Young book set in a world I already know and love, featuring characters created by Kristen Proby, is definitely cause for excitement. I previously thought that Kristen Proby would be ...more
Amanda
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Meh

Ok so I RARELY give 2 stars but I’m struggling here not to give 1. I feel like because this was a crossover novel is why it felt so NOT like Young’s other books. And I have read most of them. Basically I don’t get why these people were together. His ridiculous way he spoke, there was NOTHING interesting about these two. Ugh. And I really like her other books. I know I know it’s romance. But you can still have a killer story with romance thrown in. There was none of that here. I was actually s
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
"You believe in 'the one'?"
Gray swallowed, almost as if he was nervous.
"I do now."

I am a HUGE fan of Sam's Play On series. The books are heart wrenchingly beautiful and I can't get enough, so I was so excited to see that Autumn was going to get her own little tale.

I'm usually not a big fan of stand alone novellas, because I never feel completely satisfied. I always end up feeling short changed because I didn't get the full story. Well that is definitely NOT the case with Autumn and Gray's story
Lisa Mandina
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Maybe 3.5 stars. This was a very sweet, very short story. I loved Autumn and Gray. It was harder for Autumn to give in to love having been through what we know she dealt with from her part in As Dust Dances. Gray was all about getting her to give him a chance though. And he went after her full speed. Which makes sense, Autumn was only in the area on a holiday. I liked how Gray was able to help her figure out what she really wanted to do now that she'd gotten away from Scotland and her brother. B ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
In "Hold On", Samantha Young crossed off almost everything in my "what makes a romance great" checklist. A sweet, beautiful, compassionate and real heroine. An arrogant, confident , protective, sexy and rugged alpha mountain man. The fairy tale like snowy setting of Cunningham Falls with all the small town charm of big hearted friends. A beautiful and heartwarming tale of taking chances and never letting go. And I was all in!

Autumn is visiting the mountains of Cunningham Falls from Scotland wit
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it

Kristen Proby's Crossver collection has been just a joy to read! Obviously I'm constantly begging for more with these novellas, but Samantha did a wonderful job with this cozy and sexy read.

Once Autumn pommels into Grayson King on the slopes, it was darn right near impossible to love this swoony and ever romantic hero that Samantha has written. Autumn needed a break from everyone and figure herself out. And off to Montana she went to find all of that, but I'm sure she didn't expect to run into (
Aaly
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars!

Review to come

review-blog

** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. **
This novella was a condensed of sweetness and hotness.

Autumn was far from imagined that she would find anything coming to another country. She just wanted to find herself, after a few disastrous relationship that would have ended badly, all she needed was a place in the mountains when she would find some quiet and peace. Until she met Gray on the slopes but let just say
Jessica
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So damn good!! This Kristen Proby Crossover Series is just perfect! This is my first Samantha Young book and I’m now planning on reading the rest of the books in the Play On Series too!

If you love Samantha Young and her Play On series, read this! There are some sweet scenes with Killian and Skylar and it makes me so excited to read their book.

If you are, like me, a true Kristen Proby fan you’ve got to read this one!! We all love the King Men and all things Cunningham Falls, and you get all of
Moon Love
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!
Danielle S.
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexxyyy, insta-love
I know there’s pain...why do you lock yourself up in these chains? Oh, my bad. It’s not that “Hold On” haha but I love it just as much!!!!

Autumn is on vacation from life. She’s not had the best go of it and needs a beak. So she third wheels on her bestie’s romantic getaway not ever expecting to get knocked on her ass (literally) over a hot mountain man. But, alas...she did. By Grayson King. All perfect male specimen.

Y’all! This love story had me at page one! I adored their meet cute. I actuall
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Nothing Without You (Forever Yours, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.4)
  • Crazy Imperfect Love (Dirty Dicks #2.5; Big Sky #4.2)
  • All Stars Fall (Seaside Pictures, #3.5; Big Sky, #4.5)
  • Soaring with Fallon (Big Sky, #4)
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • Wicked Force (Wicked Horse Vegas, #4.5; Big Sky, #4.1)
  • Waiting for Willa (Big Sky, #3)
  • Dance With Me (With Me In Seattle, #12)
  • Tempting Brooke (Big Sky, #2.5)
  • Enchanting Sebastian (Big Sky Royal, #1)
  • Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals, #2)
  • Taunting Callum (Big Sky Royal #3)
  • All It Takes (Romancing Manhattan, #2)
  • Dream With Me (The O'Callaghans, #1; With Me In Seattle, #13)
  • Kissing Jenna (Big Sky, #2)
  • Wonder With Me (With Me In Seattle, #12.5)
  • You Belong With Me (With Me In Seattle, #14)
  • Imagine With Me (The O'Callaghans, #2; With Me In Seattle, #15)
Samantha Young is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She's been nominated for several Goodreads Choice Awards. Samantha writes adult contemporary and paranormal romance, YA urban fantasy and YA contemporary fiction and is currently published in 31 countries.
She resides in Scotland.

Play On (3 books)
  • Play On (Play On, #1)
  • As Dust Dances (Play On, #2)
  • Black Tangled Heart (Play On, #3)