Start by marking “Son of Saigon” as Want to Read:
Son of Saigon

Son of Saigon

Hank and Norm were living the good life: two friends with plenty of money, homes in a lovely California retirement town, and no problems--except for the boredom that felt almost fatal. Then Mai came into the picture, the love of Hank's life during his CIA days in Saigon, desperately needing his help to save the son he'd never known he had. Boredom was over, as Hank and Nor ...more
Published August 1st 2018 by Terra Nova Books

To ask other readers questions about Son of Saigon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Son of Saigon

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This was an interesting read that I read pretty quickly.

Hank Reagan is a widower. At seventy years old he spends his days playing golf or gin with his friend Norm. When an old flame gets in touch with him he can’t believe it. She tells him they have a son and he’s missing. Hank and Norm go on a road trip to try and find him.

I thought this was a great read with some interesting characters. If you love your stories full of drama and action then this could be the one for you. I’m certainly lookin
Anthony
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. All opinions are my own.

A man who thought his days of adventure were far behind him gets an unexpected visitor that changes everything in author David Myles Robinson’s Son of Saigon. Here is the synopsis.

The Synopsis

Lesa
Don't be deceived by the cover of David Myles Robinson's novel, Son of Saigon. It does have its dark moments, but the humor more than makes up for it. It's a witty, delightful story, and I was happy to hand it off to a friend. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did.

Hank Reagan is a seventy-year-old, a wealthy man who spends his days playing golf or gin with another retiree, Norm Rothstein. Since Hank's wife died, he's just waiting at the retirement community he calls "the death farm" for his own
Bev
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 18-mystery
From the opening pages of David Myles Robinson’s novel “Son of Saigon”, through all the twists and turns throughout, we are drawn into this intriguing, suspenseful story.
When we meet Hank Reagan, a 70 year old widower, he is contemplating his death. But then his long-ago love Mai, returns and seeks his help to find the son he never knew about.
The interaction between Hank and his friend Norm are comic at times as they take this buddy search journey to find hank’s 40 year old son.
Robinson touches
Paul
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
First I should thank and note that I received an ARC of this novel from the author and Goodreads.
This was a very appealing story of Hank and Norm and their quest to find Hanks son. Part one became a very fun "road" story of this quest.
Just as things were rolling along quite well, part two came along and turned things on their head quite unexpectedly. Without spoilers I will just say it was not what I was thinking.
Then as everything came together there was drama and action. I can't say the story
Sreevarsha Sreejith
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The central story is rich with detail. The characters are generally likeable, with a few exceptions. I especially enjoyed the repartee between Hank and Norm. I found the novel very easy reading, I read it all in one go. The author has taken special effort in detailing the human condition, how different people react to and cope with situations that they are thrown into without warning.

A more detailed review can be found on my blog, https://sreevarshasreejith.blogspot.c....
Gary Tuttle
J. Harding
  • Make It Rain!: How to Use the Media to Revolutionize Your Business & Brand
  • Gray Matter and Other Stories from Night Shift
  • Out of Sync
  • With the Light: Raising an Autistic Child (With the Light, #3)
  • The Town of Jasper
  • Bugs! (Animal Planet Chapter Books #3)
  • Archery
  • Pretty Marys All in a Row
  • The Everything Healthy Slow Cooker Cookbook
  • The Parallels
  • Mermaids Are Real: The Mystiq Prong
  • Ebba, the first Easter Hare (SPRING) (FOUR SEASONS Book 2)
  • The Azrael Initiative (Kayla Falk Series, #1)
David Myles Robinson was born in Los Angeles, California in 1950. He went to Blair High in Pasadena and then attended San Francisco State College, Cal State Los Angeles, University of Hawaii, and San Francisco State University respectively. He obtained a J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law in 1975. It was there that Robinson met his wife, Marcia Waldorf.

The two moved to Hawaii