Start by marking “Beyond Beauport” as Want to Read:
Beyond Beauport

Beyond Beauport

Shannon Clarke raised a family and worked waterfront jobs in America's oldest seaport, but her childhood dream to become a sea captain is revived when her long-lost seafaring uncle Patrick visits. When Patrick shares recovered family letters and artifacts from the Golden Age of Piracy, they uncover a salty tale of their maritime family ancestry of pirates and privateers. S ...more
Published July 24th 2018 by Koehler Books

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Beauport, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Beauport

Myreadbooks
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I want to thank Koehler Books and Netgalley for this partnership.

I was immediately attracted by the cover, we see the beautiful Shannon from back to the seaside.

There is Shannon who worked in the water sector in one of the oldest ports in America. Until the day his uncle Patrick resurfaced with letters and artifacts from their family ancestors. They go to sea to learn more about their family.

A well written, captivating story filled with suspense and twists.
Cindy Vallar
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shannon Clarke – forty-six, separated, and a mother with grown children – finds herself at loose ends after staging a mischievous and unauthorized boarding of a vessel with three friends during the 2012 Labor Day Weekend Gloucester Schooner Festival. She and her family have lived and endured in this coastal Massachusetts town for three generations, and her life promises more of the same drudgery once the visitors return home for another fall and winter. Only a mysterious phone call from her belo ...more
Texas
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Beauport - This is my first book by this author and I enjoyed it immensely. As a kid, I loved, read and researched pirates and ships. Since I hadn't read a good sailing/pirate book in years, I was interested in this book and contacted the author.

It is well written and edited. The characters are interesting, believable and varied. Not all are developed but they serve their purposes. The story moves along at a steady pace and there is plenty of suspense, intrigue and action. Life doesn't h
Anthony
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this book relatable on so many levels. Not that I've ever been on a pirate adventure myself but I think we've all been in a stagnant place before at some point in our life. Much like Shannon, we've all felt stuck, with bigger dreams tugging at our wants and desires but confused how to follow them.

Without sounding too cliche, it truly is one of those books that puts you right alongside Shannon every step of the way. This is in large part due to James Masciarelli's strong ability to use th
Lee
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really fun modern day pirate story! Shannon finds out she's descended from real life pirates, so it's the beginning of an adventure. Her Uncle Paddy helps her research the history, and she learns the ropes of captaining his boat. They travel from Florida to lots of the islands and search for lost treasure. It's a very cool story and is a beautiful setting through the sailing ship and all the historical and tropical sites.

It gets scary when drug smugglers board their boat out on the open sea,
E
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shannon Clarke is middle aged and depressed. She did her best to be the mother her mother wasn't, but feels a disconnect from her children. Her marriage is over. She loves living in Gloucester and her friends, but would like something more. Her uncle Paddy unexpectedly provides her with an opportunity for an adventure. And what an adventure it is! She learns about her ancestors, searches for pirate treasure and works towards realizing her dream of becoming a sailing captain. Especially intriguin ...more
Christopher Bowron
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Beauport is a fantastic book, well written- offering great feedback to all of the senses. This novel is not a one dimensional read. Shannon Clark is a believable heroin, who you can't help but root for. I have always loved action adventure, especially Pirate themes.

Shannon's long lost uncle Paddy, returns to tell of her Pirate heritage. The two of them embark upon a voyage to find buried treasure. The adventure offers more than danger and a pot of gold, Shannon finds out who she is in th
Joanne Tailele
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Beyond Beauport. As a full-time resident of SW Florida, it made me want to hit the ten thousand islands and hunt for buried treasure. Who knows what I'll find? Shannon Clark is a feisty protagonist and clearly born with the adventure gene, like her great-grandmother, Anne Broddy. I'd set sail with Shannon and Paddy any day. If you like strong female characters, pirates, modern-day and historical, love adventure and the sea, then this book is for you.
Nikita
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beyond Beaufort is Shannon's journey of fulfilling her life's biggest dreams . Its a story of friendship, family intrigue and ones struggle of finding oneself filled with adventure, beautiful characters and a steady paced plot . Although it's the first book by this author that I have read , I would love to read any other stories written by him . I would recommend all adventure lovers , family and friendship believers to read this book .
Janice Petrie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the port of Gloucester, to the Florida coast, to the Caribbean and beyond, Masciarelli's female protagonist, Shannon Clarke, takes the adventure of a lifetime with her Uncle Patrick to hunt pirate treasure and fulfill her lifelong dream of learning to sail a brigantine ship. Loaded with intriguing pirate history, suspenseful brushes with peril, picturesque ports, and memorable characters, "Beyond Beauport" delivers an alluring tale that should appeal to most adventure story lovers.
Valerie
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! The two main reasons: 1: It is well written with a detailed storyline, characters you can instantly connect with and plenty of excitement to keep you hooked throughout the whole story. 2: The rich history that was so unique and interesting. I actually found myself researching history facts that popped up in the story! So I was throughly entertained and I was learning! Amazing!
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

This story highlights a nice relationship between uncle and niece.

Read full review in the 2018 Oct issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Margaret Schwab
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shannon is a strong, feisty woman who sets out on a seafaring and life-changing adventure. The story is very descriptive and well researched. The author is quite talented and the story holds your interest. A fabulous read. You will like it.
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ficton
What a great historical fiction book of the place I call home.
Clare O'Beara
Rich in setting and character, this lengthy and detailed novel has a central cast to love. Shannon lives in Gloucester, Maine, and is now alone in her middle years. Her uncle Paddy returns from sea with a wild tale of a pirate queen in the family. And he has her shortsword. That sword is the turning point of the plot and the object continues to inspire Shannon through her own sailing adventures, a quest for Caribbean treasure and a struggle against modern piracy.

Enjoy!
I downloaded an e-ARC from
Jo Marie
Dec 15, 2018
Jul 02, 2018
Destiny Brown
Jun 25, 2018
JoAnn
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Beyond Beaufort is a fast moving book. A tale of adventure on the high seas. Enjoyed the plot, characters and the setting. I highly recommend this book.
Robert Thomason
Feb 07, 2019
Carly Bohach
Cristie Underwood
Jul 26, 2018 marked it as kindle
Well written with characters that were easy to care about, a plot that moved at a steady pace, and there was plenty of intrigue.
RABT Book Tours and PR
 CCAM&GZM
Kerry
Nov 02, 2018
RABT Book Tours: Beyond Beauport by James Masciarelli 1 3 Jul 24, 2018 04:49AM
Call me James, Giacomo, or Jim. In French class it was Jacques. Boundless curiosity powers my writing. Stories of transformation are central to my work and may live beyond my expiration date.

Honing literary skills is demanding, bittersweet, and triumphant. A beginner’s mind is essential. Each day, I hope for elusive moments of timeless, selfless flow where emotion, sensation, and reason confabulat