Start by marking “Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition” as Want to Read:
Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition

Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition

(Batman (2016) (Single Issues) #24, 44, 50)

It's the marriage of Batman and Catwoman! The wedding of the century is commemorated here in Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album, a special collector's item hardcover in designed packaging!

The day has finally arrived: the nuptials of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. But their road to wedded bliss won't be easy. With visitors from this time and beyond, the Bat and the Cat will h
Published September 11th 2018 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Batman/Catwoman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Batman/Catwoman

Start your review of Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition
Anne
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is for collectors only.
Also, spoilers ahead for those of you who have managed to somehow not hear about this.

So, if you've been following Tom King's Batman, there is absolutely no need to grab this one. That's not to say that this wasn't a good collection, but if you're paying to see something extra, you can save your money.

Issue #24 has the Batproposal:

Issue #44 is the one where Selina steals the purrfect perfect wedding dress:

And then Issue #50 is the Dear John letter:

Bittersweet stuff th
Khurram
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great artwork and a great story thread, a great keepsake for any fan of Batman and Catwoman. The only reason I could not give this 5 stars is I hate the last twist. To some people it might be great but not to me. With the gift of hindsight I know what is being setup.

A great memorial all the main and varient covers. The story fits perrrrfectly. Sorry could not resist. No other members of the young Batfamily but I can forgive that as it is about Batman and Catwoman.
Chad
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley-2018, 2018
Captures the proposal, Catwoman finding her gown, and the wedding day. But honestly, Tom King's story is so good, you should read the whole thing. Everything is included in the trade paperbacks, you should go read those instead.

Received a review copy from DC and NetGalley. All thoughts are my own and in no way influenced by the aforementioned.
Scott
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition is sort of like the equivalent of an American TV series' compilation episode or 'clip show,' where past excerpts and moments are assembled in a loosely framed plot. I suppose some in a cynical state of mind will think of it only as a cash-grab by DC to make easy $$$, since the included stories ('The Engagement,' 'The Dress,' and 'The Big Day' - all good) were first published elsewhere. But, if nothing else, there is one reason to check it out . . .

The artwo
Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
You can find my review on my blog by clicking here.

There’s nothing like capitalizing on an opportunity, right? With the climax of the Batman and Catwoman wedding now reached in Tom King’s 50th issue of his Batman run, a collector’s item like a wedding album is the most logical and creative idea that DC Comics could have thought up for fans. In this deluxe edition with a textured cover, fans can rejoice the key moments that led us to the wedding. The volume collects issue #24 called “Every Epilog
Dave Schaafsma
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: batman
This a collector's item for Batman-Catwoman fans, and as I had just completed the King wedding volume, I thought I would see what a deluxe hardcover "wedding album" would look like. And if you have followed the Tom King run of Batman, you have read all of this. But if you really don't want to read all these comics and you just want to check in and see what all the fuss is about, get this out of your library and you will get everything that is in the King run about this story.

And it's beautiful,
Jen
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Paul
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I flipped through it once, and then went back for a more thorough read. I found myself saying, Is that all? But I slowed down and spent some time with the art. Each artist creates a unique interpretation of the relationship. For the casual fan, a commemorative piece and a glimpse into a day that many thought would never come. For the longtime fan, a collection of art that gives new prespective of these two iconic characters.

For my full review: https://paulspicks.blog/2018/09/11/ba...

For all my r
Etienne
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I rarely buy physical copy of comic book, I buy most of them on digital copy, but after reading this one, and seeing that marvelous deluxe edition online, I just had to buy it. I know some fan may see the wedding as something cheesy but DC did a really good job at not making it cheesy. It have a deep reflexion about Batman wanting to be happy personally finding something more to hold on then just being Batman! It is one of the best comic I have read this year and this edition have tons of additi ...more
Shawna Hunter
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
I so rarely give less than 3 stars but this story deserved it. This story would deserve even lower but there were a few moments and illustrations I enjoyed (Batman and Catwoman on a motor cycle looking like they're having sex).

This is filler, fan-service filler for a broader story. I'll give my general thoughts first then address the implications. Don't worry, there'll be a spoiler warning.

That's not a concern though. Fan service and filler can be fun but what this story does is entirely unforg
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Gah! Please tell me this isn't some big plan of Batman's enemies!

In all seriousness, I knew this probably wasn't going to happen, but it's still heart wrenching to see. Tom King is simply doing an outstanding job writing this series!
Todd Glaeser
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you to Netgalley for the free e-copy.

Story-wise, a little underwhelming in so much that the stories have all been collected elsewhere.The main attraction for this volume would be the NUMEROUS pin-ups and alternate covers. It seems that every artist has been waiting to draw Batman/Catwoman.
Eli Seibert
Even though this collection just has three comics (all of which I had already read, as it just rehashes the engagement/"wedding") I still enjoyed it well enough, along with the artwork and variant covers. I also like seeing where all the references from issue 44 came from. I wonder how long it took King to find the right issues to showcase the batcat relationship in the "Bride or Burglar" story. ...more
Gary Butler
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
80th book read in 2018.

Number 351 out of 740 on my all time book list.

The reason to get this book is the art...the story is just passible.

ekin
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
i'm going to give tom king credit or bringing selina kyle back into the batman canon. as applauded as his batman run is, snyder basically deleted catwoman off batman comics and it didn't help that her ongoing comic at the time was awful with a terrible personalization. now that she doesn't have (or, didn't have) an ongoing comic of her own, it's really great for me as a catwoman fan to see her as such a big part of the batman comics.

however, i hate his writing.

i absolutely hate his writing, i h
Jess
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2018
I don't closely follow Batman or Catwoman. I will admit I don't know much going into this; however, a dear friend of mine loves Catwoman so I was intrigued. After doing some research, I now understand it more. I really enjoyed this and was happy to read it thanks to NetGalley and the publishers. I loved the tribute to both characters and the art style of the piece itself. I loved the extra content of the art and considerations that were included in the ending as well. I am not sure how a diehard ...more
Athina (booknotes_athina)
I received this from Edelweiss + in exchange for an honest review.

I just loved all the artwork for this edition. All the artists have created amazing art to compliment the story. I couldn't stop looking at them.

On the other hand, I wish there was more to the story. There was just a build up to the wedding and no wedding...

Actually it is a 3,5 stars for me.
Torie
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OK GONNA START WITH THE FLAWS:

1) The writing was not very good. Lol! Super cheesy and I don’t think they quite nailed Bruce or Selina’s voice at all. Felt more like fanfiction. It was really hard not to just glaze over the words in this comic because how long can you really read them waxing poetic about each other’s EYES! Like pages and pages and pages about how Selina’s eyes are green (BUT HOLD SOMETHING MORE) and Bruce’s eyes are blue (BUT ALSO HOLD SOMETHING MORE!).

2) The decisions that Bruc
So that ending? Uhhh . . . Okay, I'm confused. ...more
barbara
Nov 01, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
I bought this because I love the concept of a wedding album for these two characters and the art is absolutely stunning.
The plot is not very throughly exposed in this collection though, so I’ll have to read the rest some other way.
The art at the end is some of the best I’ve seen. I love how they used moments from the older Batman comics and gave so many artist shout outs.
Diane Hernandez
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Yay, it's publication day so I can share my review!

If art is why you love comics, Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album is a must have!

Including only three stories, this comic is shorter than most compilations. It contains the Engagement, the Dress and the Big Day. It also adds a Wedding cover variant gallery, a sketchbook and a look at the script for the Dress, which includes the original comics that make up the flashback scenes from 1940 until 2003. Catwoman’s face and figure change dramatically
Craig
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Boo! Hiss! All the lead-up to this wedding has produced some of the best Batman stories in years. And there's yet another great moment here, as Alfred and Bruce hug each other just before the nuptials. Art by an all-star lineup doesn't mitigate the fact that DC apparently just couldn't give the greenlight to this relationship (The New York Times spoiled this weeks ago). And there really isn't much here, ultimately. I can't imagine blowing the money on a hardcover of this. Bleah. ...more
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

It’s finally here! The moment that DC has been building up to for almost a year. It’s actually kind of hard to believe it, truth be told. I sort of love that they decided to title this volume ‘the Wedding Album’ it seems sort of oddly fitting, doesn’t it? I know that the outcome of these events has been heavily spoiled (thanks internet), but I’m still going to put this all behind
Mark
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
This review will contain spoilers through Batman 50 and this book, unless you’ve read the other reviews or the New York Times.

It’s difficult to review this book without commenting on what Tom King has tried to do for the last year. During his run of Batman, he has tried to allow Batman and Catwoman to have a real relationship, one that allowed for real personal growth on both sides; a real relationship between a hero and a villain. This is something heretofore unheard of in superhero comics, at
Wayne McCoy
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
'Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition' by Tom King and a whole host of past and present contributors is basically a big collector's item for fans who want to revel in the day no one thought would ever come.

This volume collects Batman issues 24, 44 and 50. There are also things collected from across a lot of the history of these two characters. Issue 24 recalls the proposal, along with interposing a conversation between Batman and Gotham Girl. It includes my favorite recent quo
Reading Bifrost
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“I trained to be a detective, to turn details into stories. A person comes into a room. I see the dust under the nail, the black stain on the leg, the scratch under the eyebrow. I make a story. The dust: hastily digging, but cleaned up thoroughly; the stain; tar from the Gotham pits; the scratch: a woman’s nail, fighting. I see the man. I see the murder. By the time I’d captured you, I knew you. Where you’d been. What you’d done. Who you were. Like everyone else, you were a mystery solved. You
Kevin Wright
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first Tom King book and it was just OK. No new ground was broken and the characterizations felt a little off (I guess that's just King's interpretation of the character). But, while the plot and characters weren't that complex or nuanced, the script was structurally balanced and occasionally eloquent, particularly with the letters they write to each other.

Batman's my favorite character, still, but I haven't read the monthly books regularly since Morrison left. I've dipped into the Sny
Amanda
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to by Tom King, DC Entertainment, DC Comics, and NetGalley for allowing me the extreme pleasure of access to an advanced reader copy of “Batman/Catwoman: The Wedding Album - The Deluxe Edition” for an honest review.

I really, really wanted to like this, even more than “Burglar or Bride,” because I was so sold on the direction this storyline was going and how it was finally going to make Bruce Wayne more of dynamic character that the unbending mold he’s been in for decades.

As everyone
Art
If you are looking for a wham bam action packed Batman adventure, this is not the book for you. This book is much more a character study of both Batman and Catwoman. When Bruce Wayne removes the cowl and prposes to Selina Kyle, using the diamond he stopped her from stealing on their first meeting, it leads to deep dives into the psyches of each of them.

Through a mixed series of flashbacks, and separate focuses on each of the main characters, and numerous pages of guest artists portraying the c
« previous 1 3 next »

• Catwoman, Volume 1: The Game
  • Wonder Woman: Earth One, Vol. 2
  • Dark Nights: Metal - The Resistance
  • The Batman Who Laughs

Batman (2016) (Single Issues) (1 - 10 of 99 books)
  • Batman #1