Start by marking “Survivors' Club” as Want to Read:
Survivors' Club

Survivors' Club

People have always wanted to be stronger, faster, smarter, better. The scientists at Chrysalis Biopharmaceuticals believe they've found a virus that will allow them to unlock humanity's hidden potential. The cost is small. A few lives here and there, but it's all for the greater good ... and the corporate bottom line.

Brilliant and idealistic geneticist, Marius Tenartier, h
Kindle Edition
Published April 17th 2018 by Not a Pipe Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Survivors' Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survivors' Club

Mikko Azul
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A gripping tale of intrigue and espionage with gritty characters struggling to survive a horrific situation that is terrifyingly plausible. This is not for the faint of heart.

Survivor's Club is a terrifying account of how corporate greed, science and technology can go devastatingly awry. Follow the survivors from one terrifying situation into something worse, all the while gripping the edge of your seat. The survivors, a core group made up of former military, scientists, corporate flunkies and a
Eric Witchey
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is a fun ride. If Andromeda Strain had mutant, undead Cthulhu babies, this would be the offspring. M. K. Martin’s debut novel, Survivor’s Club, gave me a good ride. As a writer, I have a lot of trouble turning off my internal editor. After a couple of short interrupted starts, I suddenly found myself on page 110. I don’t know how it happened. I was on page 10, then I was on 110 and pissed off about having to go to bed because of a big work day the next day. So, I read for another 20 pages, ...more
Benjamin Gorman
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book moves so fast, you’ll be surprised when you reflect on how much fun you had, how impressive the descriptions of the science are, how accurate the dialogue feels, how much you care about the characters, and how frightened you were. You’ll have to reflect on all those things after the fact because while you are reading Survivors’ Club you will be completely enthralled.

Full disclosure: I’m one of the co-publishers of the company publishing this novel. We enjoyed Survivors’ Club so much w
Heather Ransom
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Terrifyingly addictive, Survivors’ Club thrusts us into the complex lives of characters ranging from the dangerously cavalier to the dauntingly brilliant. Masterfully manipulating the view point from which the story is told, Martin leads us through unexpected confrontations and chillingly tense encounters that leave the characters, and the reader, breathless. Eager to begin his career with one of the leading biopharmaceutical corporations, geneticist Marius Tenartier quickly finds himself forced ...more
Andrew Thomson
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the intelligent science fiction virology throughout Survivors' Club. It adds a realistic and believable flare to this compelling narrative.

Part science fiction horror, part corporate farce, Survivors' Club follows a cast of complex, dynamic characters as they battle the early stages of a budding pandemic. Some of these characters include: Marius, a brilliant geneticist at the center of the outbreak; John Courage, the surly ex-military head of security at the biopharmaceutical facility w
Sydney Culpepper
I’m not usually a sci-fi reader, but I loooooved this book. It’s gripping from the very start, filled with corporate secrets, terrifying creatures, and awful consequences.

Martin is a master of suspense. The story as a whole had me firmly in its grip, but there were a few chapters that had me so sucked into the tension and fear that I was jumping out of my skin at noises in the real world.

The large cast of characters was highly enjoyable. They were all nuanced and complicated, each with strong
Olga Miret
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I write this review as a member of Rosie’s Book Review Team and thank Rosie Amber (check here if you would like to have your book reviewed) and the author for providing me an ARC copy of this novel, which I freely chose to review.
Let me start by saying that this book is a pretty wild ride. I quote one of the Amazon reviewers (Eric Witchey) because he says it very well and more concisely than I can (as those who read my reviews know all too well): If Andromeda Strain had mutant, undead Cthulhu ba
Karen Eisenbrey
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Survivors' Club is a taut bio-thriller with an ensemble of protagonists so lovable you'll want to take them home, and a threat so dire you'll have nightmares. It reads as a prelude to an existential threat to humanity, of our own making. Out of control greed, corruption, and scientific hubris conspire to unleash a viral outbreak of monstrous proportions. The Infected become something else that want to infect and/or consume other creatures. This is the nightmare part.

Each chapter is narrated by a
N.A. Granger
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Survivor’s Club was exhilarating. Reading it felt like Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. After a gradual start with lots of ominous clues portending something nasty, you’re off. I read this book because it was listed as sci-fi, a favorite genre of mine, but I consider this also in the horror genre. I couldn’t sleep the night I first started reading it.
Geneticist Marius Tenartier, a wide-eyed viral geneticist who wants to save the world from its worst diseases, is hired by Chrysalis Biopharmaceuticals, osten
Evan
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing introduction to the apocalypse!

It seems most PA tales take place after the end of the world... not so with Survivors' Club.

Ms. Martin's story puts us right at ground zero of the apocalypse. It hits the ground running and doesn't let up.

A solid five-star beginning to a terrifying apocalypse. I can't wait to see where this goes!
Not a Pipe Publishing
is currently reading it
Oct 22, 2018
James Boles
Jan 14, 2019
M. K. Martin is a motorcycle-riding, linguistics nerd. A former Army interrogator with a degree in psychology, she uses her unique knowledge and skill set to create smart, gritty stories that give readers a glimpse into the darker corners of the human mind.