Start by marking “Saved by the Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Saved by the Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #1.5)

Saved by the Cowboy

(Crossroads Ranch #1.5)

Cowboy to the rescue

Once upon a time, Sheriff Cash Hawkins left his simple life for something bigger—and came home with a broken heart. Now he has everything he needs right here in Oak Bluff, California—his job, his dog, and a quiet ranching town best explored on the back of a horse.

Olivia Belle believes in fairy tales—just not for herself. So when her boyfriend drops to
Published August 7th 2018 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Saved by the Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saved by the Cowboy

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was just a whole lot of fun. I really went into this story with no expectations since I have never read any of A.J. Pine's work but I ended up really enjoying myself. This was a novella so it can easily be read in a single sitting and works really well as stand alone. This is one of those stories that just left me with a big old grin on my face because it was just such a feel good romance.

Cash is the sheriff in the small town of
Aly
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5

Have you ever heard of a runaway bridesmaid ?

Meet Olivia Belle, an event coordinator who just fled her fiancé sister's wedding after he proposed. She run away to Oak Bluff, her grandmother's hometown, because she heard romantic stories about it.

Sheriff Cash Hawkins is about to eat his lunch, peaceful in his car with his dog, Dixie, when he spot a Yellow Bug speeding, driven by a pretty brunette in a ball gown.

Not the welcome committee Olivia expected. Certainly didn't think she would spen
A.J. Pine
Apr 18, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote it, so I guess I read it! SAVED BY THE COWBOY is a novella that comes in between books 1 and 2 of the Crossroads Ranch series (SECOND CHANCE COWBOY and TOUGH LUCK COWBOY). It can be read as a stand alone (as can all books in the series). I can't wait for you to meet Sheriff Cash Hawkins and runaway bridesmaid Olivia Belle!
Irene

Saved by the Cowboy by A.J. Pine is a quick, sweet, romantic and highly entertaining read.
The storyline is well paced, well written and a perfect Sunday afternoon's read.

From the first meeting Cash and Olivia captured my interest, I loved watching them getting to know each other, rub each other the wrong way and to trust their hearts and not run away from their feelings.
These two might not have been looking for love but once they came into each other's lives there was no denying they w
Under the Covers Book Blog

This is my first A.J. Pine read, although she's been on my radar for a little while now.  I've been actively seeking more cowboy romances this year and that means trying new to me authors.  The only thing I wish is that I had started with book 1.  Not because this can't be read as a standalone novella, because it can be.  But because I probably s
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

I've been a big fan of A.J. Pine's Crossroads Ranch series since I picked up Second Chance Cowboy earlier this year. I devoured Tough Luck Cowboy and anxiously awaited the third book. What I forgot was that I had a novella just sitting there waiting to be read. Oops.

Saved by the Cowboy was a great, quick read. It fed my need for more in the Crossroads Ranch series and it didn't matter a bit that I read it out of order. Cash and Olivia's story wa
Bette Hansen
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fun & Quick

This is a fun quick read in the Crossroads Ranch series. Olivia Belle blows into town and this hot mess of a woman shakes Sheriff Cash Hawkin's world right off it's steady hiring axis. Don't miss their story. I definitely recommend it.
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I forget to breathe around you, sometimes.”
“I guess that makes two of us. Because you take my damned breath away.”

Much like the book itself, I’m going to keep this one short and sweet—A.J. Pine’s Saved by the Cowboy is a wonderful, easily read and easy-to-enjoy novella. It was the perfect read for a busy weekend; a well-written book that had feels and heart, that called to me when I had to put it down and walk away, and that left me with a tall, dark and handsome reason to smile.

Not to mention
Leigh Anne
Tropes/themes: hero cop, small town

"Ms. Belle?"
"Sheriff?"
"I'm gonna kiss you again."
She bit her bottom lip, and he wondered if there was anything sexier. "I'm gonna let you."
"Good." He dipped his head.

Saved by the Cowboy starts off with a bang and some cute humor and banter. Olivia is running away from an unwanted marriage proposal to the old town where her Grandfather and Grandfather fall in love. There she hopes to find the secret to their true love. She runs into Cash, the sheriff of
Claudia Pinillos
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute, sweet story about a grumpy sheriff and a hot mess runaway. I absolutely loved them together, and their banter with each other was perfect. It's such a perfect read to get lost in for a couple of hours. Cash and Olivia were so cute and I just want to spend more time with them and Dixie.

I can't wait to head back to Oak Bluff for book 2!!
P.e. lolo
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-cowboys
Cash Hawkins is the sheriff in Oak Bluff, a small town that really does not have much going on. That is until Olivia Belle comes flying in with her little yellow bug and interrupts his dinner, little would he know she would continue to interrupt him during her stay. After having to arrest her for not having her license, and the whole scene at the car is really funny she is later let go only to be caught later that night in the local antique store which so happens to be his mothers. In less than ...more
Vicki
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
This novella in the crossroads ranch series brings together the small town country sheriff and the executive city girl in an explosive courtship that takes them both completely by surprise.

Olivia is in town on the hunt for old love letters between her grandparents, and somehow manages to keep running afoul of the law in her search...speeding down a dark country road somewhere just shy of light speed, wearing a bridesmaids dress and carrying no possessions, including her wallet.

After her initial
Robin Loves Reading
My Rating: 4.5 Stars

Olivia Belle has just gone to a wedding and was actually proposed to. However, it was more like a business proposition. Very little romance was involved. Olivia decides to head to her grandparents' hometown to look for their love letters of fifty years ago. She thinks finding them and reading them will teach her how to actually find a love of her own.

Sheriff Cash Hawkins quickly pulls over a woman speeding through town. Business indeed, but Cash wouldn't mind getting to know
Amber Hughes
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Saved by the Cowboy is book 1.5 in A.J. Pine’s Crossroads Ranch series and it’s such a fun novella! This can be read a standalone.

Sheriff Cash Hawkins and Olivia Bell had sparks right from the beginning. Even though this is a quick read, you’ll find yourself rooting for these two! Cash has been hurt by love in the past and Olivia has her own issues when it comes to relationships. She’s a runner when it comes to commitment. Will she run again or take a chance on love?

Saved by the Cowboy was a v
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) Ok I normally like this author, this book not so much will not continue to read this series. I don't mind insta-loves but this story was just too rushed. In this day and age for these two to have sex with no protection, what?, yeah can not condone and cheating hate it.
Jess (ireadergosum) Reviews
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love this damn series! Honestly, I'm reading it backwards and still enjoying every second of it. I'm always skeptical of short stories, but this one was well-developed and so much fun. It's a fast love, but adorable nonetheless. I enjoyed seeing Cash open up, and seeing Olivia find herself. This is a great edition to the sexy Everett brothers series!
Tracie R
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgally
Saved by the Cowboy was a really good read, although I had not read book 1 I didn’t feel I was missed anything. Great characters and an enjoyable storyline I look forward to reading all of this series and would recommend it to other readers
Nikki
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit cheesy but still cute
Brenda Brown
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Fun story and I loved Olivia.
OpenBookSociety.com

ASIN: B07868VNZD
Author Website: ajpine(.)com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Caro

Review:

“Falling in love is easy. Staying in love is work, hard work. When you find the man who makes you fall, then makes you want to do everything in your power to keep on falling, that’s how you’ll know.”

Sheriff Cash Hawkins is enjoying an amazing beef brisket sandwich when a canary yellow Volkswagen Bug speeds through
Sandy S
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date August 7, 2018

Cowboy to the rescue

Once upon a time, Sheriff Cash Hawkins left his simple life for something bigger---and came home with a broken heart. Now he has everything he needs right here in Oak Bluff, California---his job, his dog, and a quiet ranching town best explored on the back of a horse.

Olivia Belle believes in fairy tales---just not for herself. So when her boyfriend drops to one knee at his sister's wedding with a proposal that is more b
Didi
I started “Tough Luck Cowboy” then backtracked to read this book when I got to a scene where Cash showed up on pages. Now I don’t know if I should feel glad or sorry for doing so. You see, I love brooding and hunky law enforcement slash cowboy. I’m all for insta-love or love at first sight even. But “Saved by the Cowboy” just fell short of my expectation. I don’t want to blame it on the length of the story as there were novellas that left quite some impact and great as a standalone. But I really ...more
Madison  Monroe
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow!! This is the second book that I have read by A.J Pine and I have found my favorite author. Her stories are so grounded and riveting that it makes me tingle all over. The first book that I read by this author was Second Chance Cowboy and I gave that story 5 stars and was well deserved. I read this book in one sitting after having to work for 8 hours and not even exhaustion stopped me from reading this book. It was impossible for me to put down. I guess I should give you the summary of the st ...more
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I had such fun with Saved by the Cowboy, and if you love cowboys, small towns, sass, bantering and a love to warm up any heart… then you would, too. As a novella, this story is a rather quick read, and it gives you a taste of the Crossroads Ranch series if you haven’t read the introductory first story, Second Chance Cowboy.

I liked Cash and Olivia individually and as a couple. They both have had relationship troubles in their pasts, they aren’t as trusting as they onc
Chelsea Usher
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sheriff Cash Hawkins is expecting the same dull Saturday evening he has every week in his little town, but after he spots a speeding VW bug blazing through town, things start to take on a more exciting look, especially after his eyes land on the driver!

Olivia Belle believes in happily ever-afters, but for some reason she feels like she is jinxed when it comes to them, she wants what her grandparents had, many years of happy, wedded bliss. But every time she thinks she might of found it, her inst
Lady Elizabeth
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sucker for a sweet romance and this couldn't have been sweeter if the author tried. It was so good that I even teared up and needed some kleenex by the end.

Sherrif Cash is enjoying his night on patrol when a car goes over the speed limit when he was about to bite into his dinner. He went after the offender and found something that he wouldn't believe possible, something that with time will take his heart away.

Olivia was running from her life and she did not even know it. She thought she wa
Heather
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book has on page sex and mild cursing (no f-bombs). If one sex scene will cause you to leave a bad review, you should skip this story.

This was my first A.J. Pine book, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Some novellas are frustrating because the story is rushed or half of a story, but I thought the pacing in this one was really great. I found myself intrigued by the love letters story line and really invested in weather Cash and Olivia got their happily ever after. The humor in thi
Sandra
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
So this is my first book from this author and it was pretty good. Its funny I seem to gravitate towards books set in a small town with a hot sheriff, and I think that was what caught my eye. Added bonus was Dixie the German Shepherd! I love books with a cute furbaby.

Maybe its because this was a novella that I felt like Cash and Olivia fell for each other too fast. Olivia did have baggage where she thought she was broken and was unable to love, but even if she didn't say she loved him, she felt s
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

3.5 Stars

Cash and Olivia are characters who appear in book one of the series, and there was clearly an interesting story going on with them, so I was glad to see that they were getting their own story within the Crossroads Ranch stories...although I wish it had been a longer one.

I usually feel this was about novellas, especially if they are about a new character, or one you have been introduced to and the novella is being used to tie up a story or
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please add cover 3 22 Jun 08, 2018 08:29PM
  • '80s Mix Tape (Romance Rewind, #2)
  • Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #3)
  • The Firefighter's Pretend Fiancée (Shadow Creek, Montana, #5)
  • A Love So Sweet (Sweet with Heat: Weston Bradens Book #1)
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Merrily Ever After (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly, #2.5)
  • Wrong Bed, Right Roommate
  • Penguins Love Colors
  • Virgin Territory (Hellions Angels, #3)
  • Daring Wes (Cade Brothers, #2)
  • Eyes on Me
  • Tallulah's Temptation (Sea Shenanigans #1)
  • Playing Dirty (Sydney Smoke Rugby, #6)
  • Katana at Super Hero High
  • Bound by Time
  • A True Cowboy Christmas (Cold River Ranch, #1)
  • Tempting Fate (Nugget #10)
A teen librarian by day and a romance writer by night, A.J. Pine can’t seem to escape the world of fiction, and she wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s the author of the If Only series (Entangled Embrace), the Only You series (Berkley/Intermix), the Kingston Ale House series (Entangled Select), and the Crossroads Ranch series (Forever Romance). When she finds that 25th hour in the day, she might ...more

Crossroads Ranch (3 books)
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #1)
  • Tough Luck Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #2)
  • Hard Loving Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #3)