Start by marking “Cookie's Case” as Want to Read:
Cookie's Case

Cookie's Case

(Tug Wyler Mysteries)

Cookie, an angel in stiletto heels, is by far the most popular performer at Jingles Dance Bonanza. To her devoted audience, she’s a friend, therapist, and shoulder to cry on, all rolled into one. While meeting an old pal at the club, Tug doesn’t expect to pick up a new client but quickly realizes the gallant Cookie—dancing in a neck brace, each leg kick potentially her las ...more
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2018 (first published July 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cookie's Case, please sign up.
Andy Henry B said the money would never be taken off the table, Tug "agreed" and when the offer was withdrawn ...

Julie
Cookie's Case- A Tug Wyler Mystery- by Andy Siegel is a 2015 Mysterious Press/ Open Road Media publication. I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher and Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This is one the oddest Legal mysteries I have ever read, I think. It is obvious this author is familiar with personal injury cases and if the book had taken on a more serious tone his expertise would have been very helpful. However, the tone was over the top quirky and the case was outlandish
Ray Palen
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The aptly named COOKIE'S CASE is the latest Tug Wyler mystery from New York based author Andy Siegel. It is a crime/legal mystery written with respect for the classic pulp fiction style of authors like Raymond Chandler and Ross MacDonald. The cover depicting the silhouette of a stiletto high-heeled woman only tells part of the story and proves that you should never judge a book by its' cover.

The novel opens with a prologue chapter entitled "The Unfortunate Event". It proceeds to describe a surgi
Cheryl
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cookie's Case is the second Tug Wyler novel. This book can be read as a stand alone novel. However I can assure you that you need to check out Suzy's Case. I first discovered this author with Suzy's Case. Instantly I became a fan of Mr. Siegel and Tug's.

Tug may not always do things the most orthodox way but he is the people's champ and has heart. This is why I am in his corner cheering him on. So Tug's next clinic may not be a little girl but Cookie still is very personable and has a heart of g
Debbie
Oct 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved, loved, loved this book. I have never read a book with so many quirky characters. And the sarcasm, right up my alley. I mean a wife named Tyler Wyler, stripper doing cartwheels while wearing a neck halo, a kid whose name is Robert Killroy; but he didn't kill Roy he didn't kill no one, a grandma who reminds me of Granny from Beverly Hillbillies and an investigator who thinks sex is the one and only answer. I mean that's just half the crew in this book.

I had times where I would just laugh
Autumn
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, netgalley
I received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I have found myself enjoying more and more of this genre of books. You have a witty main character who ends up finding himself in trouble just by the case he has ended up picking up.
Tug is a lawyer who takes on the cases of accidents and medical malpractices and when he gets a case that involves a stripper that is when he finds himself in trouble.
Tug also has normal family issues, but his family bothered me to no extend. I am not sure i
Rumeur
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley, ebook
Brilliant!! Had me stumped until last few chapters!

At first, I had no idea why some other cases were introduced into this story, but in the end, they all had meaning & it all came together quite nicely

Cookie's case is about a woman who is a "pole dancer" at a gentlemen's club, who slips on a banana during her act, & breaking cervical bones in her neck.

The book actually begins with her surgery and the surgeon & nurse doing the operation have an argument about how he nicked into her C
Wanda Maynard
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A skillfully written mystery within a mystery, with well-hidden clues. “Cookie’s Case” kept me in anticipation of wanting to know what was transpiring all through the story. It wasn’t just about a random case, it was also involved with mistrust. The excitement kept building and was so immense that I didn’t want to stop reading until the end. You know that little twist of mystery in the plot that’s so cleverly executed?
What just happened? The nurse saw something. What did she see? Will the peo
Donna
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery, fiction
"Cookie" (Claudette Krumke)has had surgery for a nerve compression in her neck. The operation performed was an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Surgeon was one Dr. James McElroy. Cookie now is a dancer at a club called "Jingles". She is loved by all there and has many friends. She loves to talk to her customers and listens intently to their problems. She's a friend, therapist and a shoulder to cry on when needed. She is number 1 in the eyes of her public.

She has sued for compensation and
Brandon
What I liked about Tug Wyler and Cookie's Case was the insight that an injury lawyer can bring to the story. It was definitely different that other mysteries (if you can really call this book a mystery). I enjoyed reading about the discussions between lawyers, judges, and even doctors on the matters of Cookie's case. Some may not enjoy technical jargon, but Siegal does a nice job of using just enough to make the point without going overboard.

The characters throughout the story felt very stereoty
May Fungi From Yuggoth
REVIEW: COOKIE' S CASE by Andy Siegel

A really odd--bizarre--medical case elicits the attention, at a chance meeting in an exotic club three years later, of two malpractice/personal injury attorneys, and an unjustly barred neurologist. The "victim," a dancer who really does possess the proverbial "heart of gold," has been triple damaged: incompetent surgeon, incompetent lawyer, deceptive boyfriend: a real trinity of narcissistic nastiness. Start the story and immediately find yourself engrossed.
Jay Williams
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining story with colorful characters and a decent plot. Tug Wyler is an unusual lawyer, with even more unusual clients and friends. He also has a precocious daughter and a wife, Tyler Wyler, from Hell. Everything works together well, and the net result is an amusing story that is fun to read and doesn't make any big demands on the reader.
Sheila Cohen
Great read! I raced through the book. Laugh out loud funny in parts.
Brenda Schneider
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light hearted story with entertaining characters. Not the mystery I was expecting but still enjoyed reading this book. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Jack Goodstein
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Well done sophomore effort as personal injury lawyer Tug Wyler takes over a medical malpractice case for a stripper. Filled with interesting odd ball characters.
Nazira
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the humor, detailed insights, drama, weird characters. Overall it was brilliant writing.
BonusMom
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good read

I liked Suzy's case better. I think its because I know Tug now and I like him and I think he needs to clean his house. I agree with his mom and, going one step further, I think that there are better, and more polite, legal assistants out there. I will check out the next book.
L.A.
Posted first to Blog Critics as Book Review: 'Cookie's Case,' A Tug Wyler Mystery by Andy Siegel.

Many things bring people together, common goals, interests and attraction. However sometimes it is basic need that is the culprit. Need is not the greatest of ties for when need dissipates so does the attachment in many cases.

Tug Wyler returns in Andy Siegel’s, Cookie’s Case. With Tug’s background in getting his clients insurance settlements he is intrigued when he meets Cookie, a young dancer that
Patti
Apr 18, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book for three reasons: it was a dollar, we need books to use for our wedding centerpieces, and my family name is this guy's last name so HOLLA.

By page 30, I wanted to bash the shit out of the main character, the author, and the author's ancestors even if it turns out that they are MY ancestors, too. There is such a thing as trying too hard to show how cool and how not-an-asshole you are. And that thing is this book.

I will admit that I had reservations when I saw that the opening sc
Judy Lesley
Nov 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, law
Tug Wyler is a personal injury attorney specializing in medical malpractice, located in New York City. Cookie is a dancer at Jingles Dance Bonanza club and her regulars love her. When Tug first meets Cookie she’s making her first appearance at the club in a long time since hurting herself when she slipped on a banana peel during her act. Don’t ask, just read the book if you want to know. Now Cookie’s back dancing but wearing a medical halo…..surely that combination can’t be good for her. She’s a ...more
E
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cookie's Case- A Tug Wyler Mystery, by Andy Siegel, is a witty and fun to read novel. Tug Wyler is a personal injury lawyer with a good heart. He is committed to his clients whether they can or cannot pay for his services. Unexpectedly, he meets Cookie who is an exotic dancer with a complex medical condition. Her medical condition is not the only thing complicating her life. She agrees to hire Tug to represent her in a law suit which eventually takes a bizarre twist. Tug also takes a pro bono ca ...more
Tracyk
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: legal-mystery
I like my fiction relatively realistic, or at least with characters I can identify with.This book is filled with quirky characters, and my immediate reaction was not good. The farther I got into this book, the more I had to revise my prejudices.

Tug Wyler is a personal injury and medical malpractice attorney, who has a weird family, and more than one bizarre set of clients. Tug Wyler's personality is what makes this book so enjoyable. My favorite case in this book is the pro bono case he takes o
Tom Donaghey
Nov 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
COOKIE’S CASE is the second book out by Andy Siegel featuring Tug Wyler and published by Mysterious Press. It is supposed to be a mystery story but it isn’t that so much as a legal “thriller” but without many thrills.
The Cookie of the title is an exotic dancer who was injured at work and is saved from making a grievous mistake in settling her lawsuit too early for a pittance of what it is worth. Enter Tug Wyler, feisty trial lawyer to the rescue.
The legal portions of the story ring true and h
Tricia
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Thoughts:
When I first started reading Cookie's Case, I thought, "oh boy, typical cheesy mystery novel." It had all the elements of cheesy: lawyers, stripper, old man/young girl dating, and rhyming names. Siegel hooked me right away though. Even with the cheesy elements, this is a damn good novel. I would read a light and breazy page then wham get hit with medical terminology and descriptions that made me gasp at the intelligence. I know next to nothing about medical anything so I had to rerea
Paula Ratcliffe
Celia
Dec 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
The book is readable and it has both strength's and weaknesses. The primary mystery(a malpractice case involving Cookie the exotic dancer) I liked. Furthermore, the legal and malpractice aspects of the novel came across as being somewhat realistic given that the author is an attorney.

However, I did not like the second case about a retarded boy who get hit by a driver. I did not fully understand the case.

The author tries to put a lot of humor in the book which seemed to me to be forced and contri
Beverly Metcalf
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the book, Cookie's Case, by Andy Siegel was really good. It certainly has some very interesting characters in it. For example, there's Cookie, the exotic dancer, that slipped on a banana peel while performing her act and injured her spine. She has to have an operation and her surgeon screws up her surgery. There's Robert and his granny. Robert is injured when riding his bike and he has a job to help out his granny. He certainly takes his debt collection job very seriously. And Tug Wyle ...more
R.Z.
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tug Wyler is a lawyer that you probably wouldn't retain if you had a choice. Nevertheless he ends up as the on-again off-again lawyer for Cookie, a beautiful stripper wearing a neck and head brace due to a medical "mistake" and tussles with helping Robert, a mentally challenged young man who pursues Tug for not paying a bill that Tug owes. Interesting off-beat characters populate this book.

Dee
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Andy does it again! I read this when it first came out, but never got to write my comments. Tug is a character that leaves you wanting to know more. Thoroughly enjoyed the quirky characters that Andy peppers his books with and loved the plot too! I recommend his first book, Suzy's Case and this one to everyone! Now...the only comment left...when is the next one!! Keep them coming Andy!
Krys
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my normal type of book but i enjoyed it more when it picked up speed halfway through the book. Great characters and story line. I would read more of this series. I won this book from a GoodReads First Reads giveaway.
Jamie
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-read
* I received this book free from GoodReads *
I really enjoyed this book. You can't help but like Tug Wyler and the rest of the characters in this book kept me laughing as well. I'm hoping this is the first in a series of Tug Wyler books.
« previous 1 3 next »

• New Orleans Requiem
  • Contract: Sicko (Sei Assassin Thriller Book 2)
  • Black Throne Conspiracy
  • King of Paine
  • Not From Around Here
  • The Rainy Day Killer (Donaghue and Stainer Crime Novel #4)
  • Ghostly Summons
  • Dark Mind (Emily Stone, #3)
  • Stealing the Moon & Stars
  • The 5 Moons of Tiiana (The Chronicles of Rez Cantor, #1)
  • Three Days to Forever (Mac Faraday Mystery, #9)
  • Danse Macabre (The Neve & Egan cases, #3)
  • Shaman, Friend, Enemy (Olivia Lawson, Techno-Shaman, #2)
  • Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny
  • Black Machetes
  • Chasing Vegas
  • Chill Run
  • Highway to Vengeance: A Thomas Highway Novel
Andy Siegel maintains a special commitment to representing survivors of traumatic brain injury in his practice of law. He is on the Board of Directors of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and of the Brain Injury Association of New York State. His many trial successes have regularly placed those outcomes among the “Top 100 Verdicts” reported in the state annually. A graduate of Tulane Un ...more

Tug Wyler Mysteries (5 books)
  • Suzy's Case