Start by marking “Only the Beginning” as Want to Read:
Only the Beginning

Only the Beginning

After a heartbreaking betrayal, Melissa Legacy shuns romance. So when her best friend joins the Lovers Oasis website and fears her fiancé will find out, Melissa agrees to meet the anonymous Romeo, prepared to explain her friend’s change of heart—then she sees him.

Failing restaurant entrepreneur, Craig Wheaton hasn’t been home since his mother’s tragic death. Now he’s back
Published April 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Only the Beginning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only the Beginning

Start your review of Only the Beginning
Jo
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the face of it, you might be expecting a light, summer read, with the expected twists and turns and inevitable crisis.  And, for the most part, you would be right.  The story is delivered in an accomplished style, with a light touch and good pacing.

The surprise is to be found with the characters.  They are more complex than I was expecting; both of them with deep, unresolved issues. And for me, that added an extra layer to the narrative.

Overall, an enjoyable read.

I voluntarily reviewed an adv
Miriam
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Old demons and an omission of truth are black marks in any relationship, fictional or not. While one can be faced and overcome, the other is harder to move past because trust and honesty are part of any healthy relationship.

Craig and Melissa's relationship is conventionally unconventional. Online dating is a modern marvel. The anonymity allows for freedom that even mutual friend set ups did back in the day. There's security in hiding behind an avatar, but there's also room for so many errors. Li
Dani Winland
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
ONLY THE BEGINNING is a a cute romance that has just about every known romantic plot in it, including an Oh-sorry-to-have-run-into-you-knocking-you-to-the-ground / Love-at-first-sight-but-we-won’t-realize-it-until-the-end meet-cute. But don’t let these common romance novels antics dissuade you from picking Daphne Dubois book up!

While ONLY THE BEGINNING may have all of those romance plots in it, Dubois did a wonderful job at making them all new and fresh rather than seeming old and dry. The const
Ibukun
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
In Only the Beginning, an engaged Brook has been having an online fling with Craig Wheaton. Scared of her fiancé finding out, she gets her best friend- Melissa- to meet Craig in her stead. From there, we follow Melissa and Craig as they try to build a relationship on somewhat shaky foundations.
This is my first Daphne Dubois book, and it’s certainly way better than I anticipated. The connection between Melissa and Craig was sweet to
Jackie Turner
This is the second book that I've read by Daphne Dubois and I have to admit that I think I loved it even more than the first book I read by her (and I LOVED that one to pieces!) This book is about a woman who fills in for her best friend when a visit with an unplanned virtual affair comes into their town for a wedding.
If you know anything about me, you know that I'm a sucker for those fated romances that cause the term soulmates to come to mind so naturally I quickly took to this couple! It's a
Aisling Cooper
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blogs

This is the first book I’ve read by Daphne Dubois and I loved it.

The book is about an online affair between Brook & Craig. Because she is scared of her fiancé finding out Melissa her best friend meets Craig instead. Because of this Melissa and Craig connect and start trying to make a relationship.

The connection between Melissa and Craig is so sweet and their relationship was realistic and you can really understand their struggles. I also rea
Ashaki
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book about romance and self worth

This book is wonderfully written.

I read this book a while ago and decided to reread because I adore this authors work and it did not disappoint.

Although it may be a romance this is not the only theme prevalent. Multiple times in this book I was actually laughing out loud.

It's a light read that is certainly worth the buy
Cariadne
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This surprised me. I wasn’t expecting much but it was a simple story written ok. I like that the story wasn’t your typical Canadian city and feel we need more diverse locations.
Christina Ho
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A unique plot, and even though the ending was expected, it was a delightful quick read!
Kelly-Jo Sweeney
Jun 14, 2019
Angélica
Jun 01, 2017
Daphne Dubois
Feb 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Niamh
Oct 18, 2017

• My Not So One Night Stand
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • Wife by Wednesday (The Weekday Brides, #1)
  • Perfect for You (Laurel Heights, #1)
  • Kickin' It (Red Card, #2)
  • Single by Saturday (The Weekday Brides, #4)
  • Taken by Tuesday (The Weekday Brides, #5)
  • Treasured by Thursday (The Weekday Brides, #7)
  • Seduced by Sunday (The Weekday Brides, #6)
  • Married by Monday (The Weekday Brides #2)
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
  • Best Friend's Li'l Sis (Brother's Best Friend, #1)
  • Passion Unscripted
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • Hitched (Imperfect Love, #1-3)
  • The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
Daphne Dubois writes contemporary romance and believes the right book at the right time can make all the difference.

When she's not putting her characters in compromising positions (ahem), she works as a registered nurse. She lives in Eastern Canada, the most romantic place in the world.

You can also find her writing for teens as B.R. Myers