Start by marking “Among the Glimmering Flowers” as Want to Read:
Among the Glimmering Flowers

Among the Glimmering Flowers

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  7 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Felicity feels stifled by her parents' protective nature. She's the crown princess, yet she's not even allowed to care for her own pony. Her life consists of nothing but rules and permissions. All she wants is a little more freedom.

Horse-friend is happy to have a roof over his head, a job that he likes and food in his stomach every day. He never expected to run into the cr
Published 2018 by Dovelet Books

To ask other readers questions about Among the Glimmering Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Among the Glimmering Flowers

Chasia Lloyd
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very slow, gentle, low drama fantasy. This book, featuring a m/f demisexual/allosexual romantic relationship, has an unusual narrative that takes some time to get used to, but once you're in, you wanna keep going.

***e-ARC provided by the author***
Nicole Field
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: demisexual
No book I have ever read has reminded me so much of Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice in all the best ways of a child being out of their depth in the middle of a royal court and needing to figure out their place in it, on their own terms as well as in accordance to what is being handed to them.

This novel actually had a duel PoV, between the princess Felicity, and the stable boy Horse-friend. Although, by the end of the novel, I understood why we had the dual PoV, I definitely preferred those
Claudie Arseneault
No star review because I want to reread and bask in the goodness once more, but I've read an early version and if you love low-stake fantasy that dwells on day-to-day life, focuses on characters and friendship... get this. <3
Sinead (Huntress of Diverse Books)
Check out my book blog for more book reviews and other bookish posts!

I received a copy of Among the Glimmering Flowers from the author. I adored Lynn’s verse novel Sea Foam and Silence and I had the opportunity to read some of her lovely, calm and quiet stories on her Patreon.

This book is #ownvoices for demisexual representation.

__

As always, Lynn’s writing is very calm and collected. It provides a lovely break from the more fast-paced novels that I usually read. I like how she focusses on the qu
T.
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I quite enjoyed this book! I definitely prefer stories that focus on characters and their emotions and relationships rather than anything too plotty or actiony, so this book was right up my alley, focusing as it did on two characters' everyday lives and interactions with the people around them. What makes their lives particularly interesting is that one is a princess and the other a stable boy who soon finds his life intertwined with hers. I enjoyed seeing young Felicity training for her role as ...more
Jessie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ace-spectrum
This is a friendship story, and really it's the very beginning of one. We know from the narration that the relationship between Felicity and Horse-friend will eventually be romantic, but it's nowhere near that here. We see both Felicity and Horse-friend early -- and see them together -- but their relationship goes from "the stable boy recognizes the princess as the princess" to "went exploring together and endured a very strange, terrifying thing together" over the course of the book.

Felicity an
iam
Oct 08, 2018 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-spec, arc
dnf @ 53% with no rating
I've been trying to read this for several months now and have finally come to terms with that I won't finish it. I want to, or wanted to, but I just.... somehow couldn't.

The story was slow, and I like slow stories, but this one didn't engage me at all. I couldn't read more than a chapter or two at a time before putting it aside again and then had trouble picking it back up.
The writing style itself was nice, but the way the story was told by the characters themselves looki
Isa Boog
Jun 12, 2018
Noel
Dec 29, 2018
Lynn O'Connacht
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as i-wrote-it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: asexual-spectrum
Diana
Jun 14, 2018
Maria
Jun 15, 2018
Most recently spotted in the wilds of continental Europe, Lynn E. O’Connacht lives on a steady diet of fiction. Her favourite treats are fantasy and soft science fiction. The lynnetbird is more commonly known as the lion-bird as cats have built up a positive symbiotic relationship with her. Sightings of Lynn E. O’Connacht are rare as she is a shy creature, most likely to be seen in the early morni ...more