Start by marking “Burning Violet (Lick of Fire Series)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176

Kallysten

(Lick of Fire #10)

~ No love burns hotter than a pyromancer’s… ~

For five months, Idris has languished in a government detention center for paras—people with paranormal abilities. No more. He’d rather die trying to escape than spend one more day in this hell. Today, he’s getting out, and he doesn’t care what or whom he needs to set on fire.

It was just another mission for Violet: help her squa
ebook
Published June 5th 2018 by Kallysten

To ask other readers questions about Burning Violet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Burning Violet

Start your review of Burning Violet (Lick of Fire Series)
Dahrose
Aug 08, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
TSTL Hero - now that's a first for me. He was blinded by revenge, ignorant, ungrateful and pretty much all round a jerk. He doesn't want a fated mate, but then gets all snooty when he leaves her and she doesn't follow him??? Say what now?
Sure, he was stuck in prison, horrific conditions for five months. But instead of playing things smart. Instead of gaining his strength back. He goes off half cocked, stealing a motorbike, making a spectacle of himself so the police know he's out there. This gu
Mandy Parmenter
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pyromancer Idris has been in a government detention centre for paranormal abilities for the last 5 months. But he decides no more - he will try once again to escape or die trying. Anyone who gets in his way he will set on fire! For phoenix shifter Violet, it was just another mission to help her squad free paras who have been unjustly imprisoned and get them to Sanctuary and safety. But she draws her leaders ire when she realises that one of the prisoners might be her mate where she has to choose ...more
Patricia Hoffstaetter
This is a intriguing, action-packed paranormal romance and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. This book is about: a man (Idris) who has been held captive for approximately 5mths in a government detention center, while he is trying to escape, he is rescued by a young woman (Violet). When these two meet during the escape/rescue operation, she realizes that Idris is her mate but he does not want a mate, now the trials & tribulations begin. What you will find in this book is: a phoenix, werewolves, py ...more
Skyler
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love these kinds of books

This world has some different rules than I’ve read previously, which is always a plus! I think I liked reading about Violet and Idris’s different abilities in action more than anything (well plus the romance. I LOVE sappy romance) and it was just in general a nice read. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who prefers/enjoys books where the main characters realize what they are to each other almost right away. (Now that doesn’t mean one or both don’t fight
Vj Parker
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Most of us would be aware of mutans, changlings and other shifter type stories, so if you enjoy that type of genre then you will enjoy this story.

It does have some interesting twists regarding fated mates and the story between plain human and shifters is the usual one of authorities or those seemingly less powerful do not like someone different to them and doctors want to experiment on why they are different and supposedly friends betrayal.

Everything you want in a book coming in one easy package
JodyL
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great introduction to a new series by Kallysten!

I had read another lick of fire book by a different author and didn't care for it that much. But I like Kallysten's other books so I gave this one a try. I am glad I did!
In this book Violet is a phoenix and is part of a team that rescues paranormals who have been imprisoned and experimented on by the government. Idris is one of the paras that her team rescued.
Violet has searched for her mate all of her life, while Idris wants nothing to do with a
Kathi
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gritty story where paranormals are hunted!!

Idris has been held captive for about 5 months. His power is fire, so he is surrounded by metal and flame proof items. He has a plan to escape. Violet is part of a squad who is on a rescue mission. As these two meet during the escape/rescue Violet is given a piece of information; Idris is her mate – and he does not want a mate.

Action-packed, fast-paced super read of struggle, romance with a touch of humor. Highly enjoyable!!

*** I am voluntarily leaving
Aurora
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Violet's story. It's a hot (in more ways than one) new story of an elite paramilitary group dedicated to rescuing paranormals being held in secret facilities around the country. If you're a fan of paranormals, you can take your pick. This one offers psychics, ice dragons, pyromancers, werewolves and a phoenix among others. If you're a romantic, you will love the hot, hot, hot love interest that sets our not so shy Violet off on an adventure that will keep you glued to the pages and looki ...more
Annette Aguilar
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An extremely hot, sexy, awesome, and entertaining story! With lots of surprises, unexpected twists and turns, and unpredictable characters! Disobeying orders, but rescuing all the paras was all she could do! Being kicked off the team was worth it, to make sure everyone was rescued! Lots of action surrounds them as they to survive! Will her mate stop running long enough for him to realize they were made for each other?
Jamoz23
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable and kept me reading till the end. Want to know more about this world and what is happening.
Liked the main characters.
Hate that Paranormals are treated so abominably but not surprised that humans are reacting like brainless, mean Neanderthals. They have all through history to something different.
Though I was angry at Don I was also sad about his reasoning. Hope something is done to help people in need and I think that may be going to happen.
Elizabeth Connor
This is a quick, intense story about a pyromancer and a phoenix shifter. I really enjoyed the plot, which was action-packed, the characters, who were well-developed but not terribly complex, and the writing style. I always enjoy Kallysten’s books and was fortunate to receive an ARC of this book. I highly recommend it!
LaGina
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I never knew that so much action could be packed into so few pages but Kally has shown that she can give me the full story without all the filler and fluff. Dont get me wrong, fluff is nice...lol But sometimes it can take away from a good story. There was just enough of everything to keep my attention and give me the satisfaction of having read a good story.
April
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This was a very short book but with that being said the action never stopped. I am very interested in seeing what the next in the series holds and checking out other works from this author.
Charlotte Leslie
Burning Violet

This book was great. I loved finding out that Violet was a phoenix. She was the perfect match for Idris. Violet went against her orders to rescue more paras on the lower floor but I'm glad she did.
Amanda Collier
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

This book series isn’t unique but it’s well written with excellent character built up. I did enjoy the use of so many different kinds of shifters and humans with all kinds of abilities.
Differently worth reading!!!
Barbara Strickland
Fast read

This had a nice steady pace, good story, good main characters and I loved the features both Violet and her fireman displayed when they gave in to the supernatural powers. It had that little bit of difference.
Melanie R
Decent para romance

This is a short book (106 pages) so you don’t get a lot of world building or depth of character. I did like Violet and Idris as the two main characters but you really don’t have much of anyone else included due to the length of the story.
Carol
I did enjoy this book, but I felt it could have been more. It was all over a bit too quickly, and I would have preferred it had taken more time and been more detailed.

It was a good story, just not a brilliant one. Just a bit longer, detailed, and polished, and I'd have given it another star.
Shasha
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot

The hero runs hot with anger and flames, the heroine blooms in the heat, and the plot is fast yet a piece of the big picture.
Leslie Pleake
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not bad

A short, quick, and engaging read. I gobbled it up in a few hours. Worth reading at least once, maybe more.
Angel Graham
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this. A quick read with a satisfying ending.
angela gunstone
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Burning violet

Couldn't put it down until finished loved the storyline and the characters so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Carla
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Great paranormal story, read all the way through in one sitting, had to see what was going to happen next
Ornella (Nyx)
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5

Short, full of action, some smut and romance thrown and great characters.
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Wow this series may have great potential to be at off the chain kind of read. the characters in the beginning or a little flat but they improved as I continue the book.

James Watson has been imprisoned for 5 months and he refuses to cooperate with his captors or should I say jailors.

In walks ladybird a freedom fighter is the best way to recognize her by. she is something special only he doesn't know it.

I like the fact that this is a shifters / paranormal type of story with a Twist. it mixes like
Toni ~married to a hunk~
I am sad that their story isn't going to be continuing. I had hoped to see more of them when they got to the facility at the end.
Keoki Ki`Ili
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too hot to handle

There's lots of action in this book, from a daring rescue to a planned revenge. Through it all our couple has to overcome incredible challenges and learn to trust each other.
Jennifer Kidd
Aug 06, 2019
Susan Rudy
Dec 30, 2018
victoria power
May 12, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Wickedest Witch (Hell's Son, #0.5)
  • Chasing His Bunny (Big Bad Bunnies #1)
  • Dead of Night (Thorne Hill, #1)
  • Vrehx (Conquered World, #1)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Tattered Loyalties (Talon Pack, #1)
  • Ice (Dragon Clan, #1)
  • Fated For The Bear (Banford and Beauty Bears, #1)
  • Bear-ly Pregnant (Bear-ly, #4)
  • The Merman's Kiss (Mates for Monsters, #1)
  • His to Defend (Bears of Grizzly Ridge, #5)
  • Vengeful Prince (Territorial Mates, #1)
  • Knight's Redemption (Knights of Hell, #1)
  • Chase Me (Dragons Love Curves #2)
  • Kissed by Fire (Dragonkeepers, #1)
  • BloodGifted (The Dantonville Legacy, #1)
  • Won by the Three Satyrs (The Children of Lilith, #1)
  • Manny for Hire (Hot & Heavy in Paradise, #1)
Kallysten is a writer of romance novels and short stories, most of them with paranormal elements.

Her first eBooks were published by Linden Bay Romance in 2005. The defunct Venus Press subsequently published a few of her short stories. Because so many of her stories are linked as series and part of the same universe, she decided it would make sense to have them all in the same place, which is why s

Lick of Fire (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Hell is a Harem: Book 1
  • Turn On The Night (Penrose University of Magic #3)
  • Fire & Fury (Phoenix Burned #1)
  • Shadows & Secrets (Lick of Fire #4)
  • Wicked Heat: Part 1 (Wicked Heat #1)
  • Scorched Earth (Lick of Fire #6)
  • Rising Darkness (Lick of Fire #7)
  • Phoenix Rising (Tales of the Were: Lick of Fire #1)
  • Immortal Bride (Lick of Fire #9)
  • Betrothed to the Dragon (Lick of Fire: Dragon Lovers, #1)