Start by marking “Her Hollywood Boyfriend” as Want to Read:

Her Hollywood Boyfriend

(The Awkward Duckling #2)

Macey Greere was the girl who fell in love with her book boyfriend. Now she is the girl who was dumped on national television. Ever the perpetual list maker, she decides to create and follow a 10-step program inspired by her favorite romance movies on how to get over heartbreak.

Of course, nothing ever goes as she plans.

He is Mr. Hollywood with the paparazzi stalkers to p
Published May 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Her Hollywood Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Hollywood Boyfriend

Paula White
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
I was gifted a copy for an honest review.

This book started strong and grabbed my interest straight away, it then dipped a bit in the middle and then plateaued.
I liked all the characters (with the exception of Cam but we don't get to really know him, only what he did). It was a sweet story but could have done with an epilogue as the whole book took place over a couple of months - it would have been nice to see what happens after camp.
Robin Bonne
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
I did not enjoy this one. The characters lacked development so they were hard to differentiate, the dialogue was boring, and I could not muster much empathy for the protagonist, Macey. The only character I sort of enjoyed was Collin, another camp counselor.

The premise was solid, as I love a good getting over a breakup plot, but in the end it is missing key elements and forgettable. It is a quick, light read.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for a free copy of this ebook in exchange for an u
Carolina Godinho
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-netgalley
This book was different of what I was expecting.

First, I didnt know it was the second installment in a series. If I knew, I would not ask for it, specially after knowing that the first book was about Macey as well, but with Cam, the guy who cheated on her after two weeks of they started dating, and in this short time he developed a drug addiction. WHAT THE #2$*?

I must say, that if this book was only one, it was a sweet book, it had a great premise, but it was lacking is characters development.
She Always Reads  (Cia Black)
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Macey Greere, you have once again captured my heart in your efforts of finding love. I cannot get over the absolute feel good vibes that cascaded out of Her Hollywood Boyfriend. Following Macey journey through Her Book Boyfriend, I anticipated the continues of the love she had sought for but was deceived when Cam had failed Macey in the more disappointing of ways.

Grace developed a loveable well thought out cast. While keeping us updated on our previous members she introduced many lively new char
Erin Lewis
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Star Review of Her Hollywood Boyfriend by K.R.Grace

K.R. Grace is a new author to me. Her Hollywood Boyfriend was not a particularly long read but was enjoyable.

Macey Greere has jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. Recently dumped on national television by her boyfriend, she decides to continues with her commitment to be a senior councillor at a summer camp. Here she hopes to get away from the paparazzi and help mend her broken heart. Macey sets too and creates 10 step program to get
Showie Ford
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was exactly what I expected. A sweet, uncomplicated, young adult feeling romance. It brought me back to my camp counselor days, which was fun. I love summer camp romances. 🙂 This book was a bit more juvenile than I usually go for, but I would highly recommend this series for a budding romance reader. (13-15ish)

I have not read the first book in this series, and to be honest, I probably won’t. But I do want to read the next one! I really enjoyed watching Macey grow, and would love to see
Tami Winbush
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute book. I enjoyed how the character had to choose to let go before she was willing to move on. It took more than she thought she was really ready to give. When reading though you have to realize that it's a new adult book and not a book for more mature readers. I think this book could have been even better had they chosen to make this character just a tad bit older. All in all a good book.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
2 stars

** I received a copy through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.**

Her Hollywood Boyfriend is about an 18 year old girl Macey whose story begins with the unfortunate discovery that her boyfriend not only cheated on her, but somehow didn't know that he was having sex on stage at a concert from all the drugs he was on... Two days later, Macey is off to be a counselor at a camp for children with a variety of disabilities. Macey makes it her summer goal to get over he ex-boyfriend, wi
McKenzie Allyshia
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
The cover, which I absolutely adore, is what initially drew my attention to Her Hollywood Boyfriend. Then, after reading the synopsis, I knew that this would be a fun and quick read. With that in mind, I found this book to be quite different than what I had anticipated. Also, while I was unaware that this was the second book, I did not feel lost. This could have been alright as a standalone book.

Now, the nitty gritty. The characters, both Macey as the main character as well as the supporting ch
Kelly Martin- Loudermilk
The story follows Macey Greere. After Cam, her best friend and boyfriend, embarks on a world tour with his rock band, Macey learns that Cam has done the unthinkable. He's not only cheated on her, but it was cast on the Jumbotron for the world to see. To make matters worse, the paparrazi track Macey down and literally ask her questions about the incident in question literally while her dog is doing his business.

What I enjoyed about the story is the summer camp. It was a camp for kids with disabil
Jordan Fleming
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: recent-reads
Thank you NetGalley for this book.

This book had a cute premise about moving on and healing from a terrible breakup. I really enjoyed the chapter titles. I have been in the main character's shoes more often than I'd like to admit., however, I did feel as though Macey was one dimensional and harder to relate to in personality.

The main character returns to her camp as a counselor in order to take her mind off a public break up with a celebrity....to then fall for another celebrity who happens to
Brianne
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
KR Grace's book Her Hollywood Boyfriend is a sweet contemporary romance novel that will sure to please any romantics at heart. I quite enjoyed the style that Grace used writing the book, especially the title of each chapter. I loved how it was a step-by-step to get over an ex (Cam) and how it tied into the theme of the chapter. It was a unique technique that I thought really worked for the book.

When it came to Macey, I felt sorry for her and how her break-up ensued. I mean who wants the whole wo
Keri
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
I received this book from the publisher thru Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

For the most part I did really enjoy this book. I do wish that it was listed on Netgalley as the second book in the series so that way I could have bought and read the first book. I liked Macey as a main character and I also really liked Jace! Even Kyle, Collin and Mia were all really great characters. It was a little on the shorter side and I think I would have liked it if there had been more. The ending see
Amy  Crull
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book. It kinda makes you want to go back to camp again. Macey is a great character. She thinks life is perfect but has no clue its about to be shambles.. Her world rocked and now she just wants to forget for a couple months. She didn't to expect to fall for Jace, it just happened. It was good to see how this camp worked and how they made things assesible for the handicapped kids/counselors. Macey has to realize that she needs to confront the issue before she can move on... this i ...more
Lori
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a free copy of this book via Buoni Amici Press and I am voluntarily leaving a review.

Her Hollywood Boyfriend is a wonderful story. This young woman comes from a loving family with strong ties. Unfortunately, her boyfriend/best friend betrays her in the most humiliating and unforgiving way.

Leaving that drama behind, she goes to camp where she will be working for the summer. A camp for children with special needs. With summer friends that are like a second family for support, her broken
Jackie Wright
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by K.R. Grace and I really don’t know why she hasn’t crossed my radar before now, Her Hollywood Boyfriend was a quick enjoyable read. Set in a Summer Camp this book is about young love but this author just didn’t write about love she included teens with social issues and special needs and that was was made this a truly beautiful story. Summer Camp was going to get hotter this year when Hollywood actor Jace and his brother turn up as camp councillors. Macey Greere was recent ...more
Paula Pugh
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Hollywood Boyfriend is a super cute young adult book that blends paparazzi trouble, a budding romance, sweet revenge and a warm message about being a friend to kids with disabilities or home troubles. The setting is a kid’s camp set up for kids with health or family problems with emphasis on the daily ongoing events with the counselors.
Macey Greere has been publically humiliated and embarrassed by the errant behavior of her boyfriend and long time friend, Cam. Luckily, she is slated to retu
D
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great coming of age book. The premise of summer camp and camp counsellors was a perfect backdrop for new love. Young love. I enjoyed how KR Grace added different social issues that kids and teens experience.
Overall, the story kept me interested with a few minor incidences I felt were a bit "preachy" or like the author was standing on her soap box. However, nothing too much that I didn't want to read. This is a YA on the cusp of NA novel of course.
Loved the character development. Jace
Marsi Darcy
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it

I wasn't a big fan of this book. The premise is solid but I never connected to the main character or any of the characters actually. It's a quick read without any angst.

I felt like I was missing something especially at the beginning. Maybe if I'd read the first book it would have helped.

There were some errors that were distracting. A phone call from friend "Miranda" changes to "Morgan" a few lines later. Also, roadies and groupies are not the same thing ("The roadies! They're so disgus
Katelyn
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I was given an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I don't know if I missed something because I didn't read the first book, but this was a slow developing book. Honestly, the development was lack as a whole more than it was slow. The characters felt one-surfaced. I don't feel like there was any depth to them. It was cute, I love books that show Hollywood-esque life styles. I was really hoping for a "When It's Real" vibe. But I definitely didn't get that.

This is a quick, easy, lig
Suzanne
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story filled with teenage angst, success and chemistry.
Macey finds out her boyfriend cheated on her by paprazzi.
Thank goodness she is starting her job as camp counsellor soon.
She makes a list to get over her boyfriend, ideas from hollywood movies like Bridesmaids. LOL
Funny events takes place. Added to this, is chemistry with a hollywood star there as a camp counsellor and there for his brother.
Macey and Jace are great together despite events to get them in trouble.
Will she get over her boy
Ann
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it

By KR Grace
Main Characters: Macey, Cam & Jace
I voluntarily and honestly reviewed this book without bias or persuasion from the author.
4 1/2 out of 5 stars
Cam is Macey's boyfriend/best friend since they were children. When Cam goes on a tour with his band and cheats on Macey, she of course is devastated. This was a short read, approx. 175 pages or so. It is more on the YA side without all the graphic sex but still romance. Jace is the cute guy she meets at a camp for yo
Vanessa Lawford
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a laugh out loud book with seriousness mixed in.
I love the characters and I loved how they blended and form friendships and relationships.
This book was a surprise for me. I was expecting something completely different to what it is and I am so happy that I was able to read this book.
I cannot wait to read more from K.R. Grace.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review by Sweet Treats Book Blog 💖
Michelle
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet coming of age romance but at times I didn't like the heroine. I also would have liked a definitive answer as to who the real villain was. Quite a few grammatical errors that took away from the story.
Sofiraindrop
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
These books are so sweet❤
Lindsey Collins
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. Despite it being obviously stated, I wasn't aware this was a sequel at first. Luckily I read the first book and found Macey's continuing story to be interesting and unique. I did hate that the love story from the first book deteriorated so quickly, but that's probably how Macey felt as well. I loved that Macey was a teenager who was considerate and kind even after she was hurt. It made her relatable, and someone easy to root for!
Rhi
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Her Hollywood Boyfriend is a coming of age story that initially intrigued by it's description. Macey finds out that her boyfriend, Cam, is cheating on her in a very public manner. Fortunately, she can escape to her summer job. A camp counselor at a camp for kids with disabilities, she doesn't expect to meet and fall for Jace - a Hollywood teen heartthrob. The last thing she wants is another public relationship but it's not easy to ignore what her heart tells her she wants.

I had very mixed feeli
Ree
May 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hours before leaving for summer camp, Macey is hit with the news that her best-friend-turned-boyfriend has been unfaithful - by the merciless paparazzi. For the rest of the summer, she's determined to freeze out thinking about love and romance, and focus on getting herself over hr x-boyfriend. Camp brings her teen heartthrob Jace Cooper and confusing feelings whenever he's near. Will he be the balm for the pain, or will it be more than just a summer fling?

This is a fun, light YA novel dealing wi
Beatrice Hoang
Jun 17, 2018
Jessica
May 13, 2018

The Awkward Duckling (4 books)
  • Her Book Boyfriend (The Awkward Duckling #1)
  • Her Royal Boyfriend (Awkward Duckling, #3)
  • Her Royal Christmas (Awkward Duckling Books Book 4)