Start by marking “Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)

Tunnel of Bones

(Cassidy Blake #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  12,933 ratings  ·  2,615 reviews
Trouble is haunting Cassidy Blake . . . even more than usual.

She (plus her ghost best friend, Jacob, of course) are in Paris, where Cass's parents are filming their TV show about the world's most haunted cities. Sure, it's fun eating croissants and seeing the Eiffel Tower, but there's true ghostly danger lurking beneath Paris, in the creepy underground Catacombs.

When Cass
Published September 3rd 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Tunnel of Bones, please sign up.
Cathy Halasz ive never wanted a ghost so much to be a girls boyfriend LOL, i totally get this.
Madelaine I don't think it's been announced? -- But, as they're filming a TV series, I expect that it'll be the same number of books as episodes ... maybe 7?

·  12,933 ratings  ·  2,615 reviews

Start your review of Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
Victoria Schwab
Dec 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Darker, stranger, and far more French ;)
Kai
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
“What you can't see is always scarier than what you can. Your eyes play tricks on you, filling in the shadows, making shapes.”

Does this woman ever stop writing to, like, breathe? Eat? Go to the loo? Victoria creates story after story, releases book after book and I'M HERE FOR IT. She is a one-woman power house and the fact that we will get to experience her worlds on screen sooner or later fills my Schwablin heart.

With Tunnel of Bones Victoria once again proves that she is one of the most talent
chai ♡
I said this once and I’ll say it again: ghosts from the 1880s ARE OUT. That’s it, they’ve had their time. Give me millennial ghosts in Coldplay t-shirts who deal primarily in vintage memes, watch Buzzfeed Unsolved and Brooklyn Nine-Nine religiously and sing “it’s Britney, bitch” at 3 am just to aggravate you

Victoria Schwab, I’m begging you
Hamad
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

City of Ghosts ★★★ 1/2
Tunnel of bones ★★★

“It’s hard to believe in ghosts, until you see one, and then it’s hard not to.”

★ I thought that this is a duology and apparently it is not! I am not the target audience and so I will try not to be so critical but I know that MG does not mean it have to be bad or simple.

★ The writing is very very easy and straight forward, I respect Schwab’s ability to change the writing voice according to the intend
Ashley Nuckles
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this one! Better than the first for me!
Charlotte May
Addictive little tale with a side of ghosts and creepiness! Just great!
👻 🦴

“C’est la vie,” he says. “Things happen.” “Unless you’re Cassidy Blake,” says Jacob as the car pulls away. “And then you make them happen.”

Another quick and exciting instalment in the Cassidy Blake series.
Cassidy once again finds herself in a haunted city while her parents film their ghost themed tv show.
While exploring, Cass and her ghost best friend Jacob accidentally awaken a poltergeist and suddenly the whole of
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
😭 I didn't know all of the spooky books I read today would make me this emotional.

I have a lot of things to say about this book! Mostly, if you loved the first one because of Cassidy and Jacob's friendship, then I don't think you'll be dissappointed here! (I think I cried at the end of City of Ghosts for whatever reason, and without spoiling anything, I cried in this one as well 😂 Or maybe I'm just a crier, who knows?) Such pure, ghostly friends 😌👻

very spooky, lots of bones

4 stars
Merphy Napier
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one just as much as the first one. Its a cute, spooky story that's a fast and fun read

(view spoiler)
Sylvie {on semi-hiatus}
3.85

I literally finished this book in three hours, I just love a fast paced books. I can't say it was better than 'City of Bones' but this was just as fun and delightful.
I love Cassidy and Jacob together and individually, I simply cannot get enough of them. It's always fun reading about them and their adventures.
sarah xoxo
“First comes mischief, then comes menace, then mayhem.
The more trouble poltergeists cause, the more powerful they get.”

#1) City of Ghosts ★★★
#2) Tunnel of Bones ★★★★

Tunnel of Bones is the latest instalment in Victoria Schwab's middle grade paranormal series. After finding the first book slightly underwhelming, I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one! The characters felt more developed, the ghosts more chilling and the plot more engaging. I won't go into any spoilers fo
OwlCrate Jr
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than book one.
jade
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: readers interested in a dead boy + weird girl hunting ghosts in their spare time
Recommended to jade by: Shannon
Shelves: spooky-scary, kids
“he seems happier, lighter, after sharing his story. i feel a little heavier after hearing it, but that's okay. that's how friendship works. you learn to share the weight.”

after saving the souls of edinburgh from the raven in red, cassidy & jacob find themselves in paris for the next episode of the inspecters. cassidy’s parents are all too eager to explore the catacombs beneath the city and discuss its horrors on camera, while cassidy is trying to find her footing as a ghost hunter.

a
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪SomeBunny Reads (Phoenix)•*¨*•♫♪
“It's hard to believe in ghosts, until you see one, and then it's hard not to.”

This book is an example of a series which doesn't suffer from the "second book syndrome"! I enjoyed book two just as much as book one. Actually, thinking about it I guess I liked this one even better, because of the depth of the story, and the way it was much more emotionally charged than the first one. I am pretty sure I would have been a fan of this series in my middle grade years!

Rachel Kathryn Wright
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to City of Ghosts in the Cassidy Blake series by Victoria Schwab. One of the things that I love most about Schwab is that even with this book being middle grade is that she is still able to keep her style of writing. It is a similar theme to her other books but written in a way that kids can easily read this. This book has left me so excited to see what will happen next in Bridge if Souls. With most books that get a new villain, they get stronger, and I absolutely loved this v ...more
☠Kayla☠
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off let me just say I'm absolutely loving these books so far and I really hope they become a series. I also LOVE the supernatural with ghost and spirits being at the top of my list so this book is absolutely perfect for me.
This is the second book to City of Ghost and honestly I liked this one more. I feel like there was more to this story then the first one and more interesting places that they had to explore.
In this book we follow Cassidy and Jacob on they're adventures reaping ghost and
Deborah Obida
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is so much better and deeper than the first book. The ghost in this is an unusual one, he is not hell bent on revenge nor on power but something else that will shock you. Its actually very sad.

I really enjoyed reading more about Cassidy and Jacob, we finally found out how Jacob died and it was sadder than I thought.

The writing though not my best I still liked it, I know its because of the target audience. The depiction of The City of Dead was awesome.

Sara
3.5 stars.

Tunnel of Bones continues the story of Cassidy Blake, reluctant ghost hunter. This time Cassidy finds herself in Paris, home of the catacombs and a rather pesky poltergeist.

I liked the atmospheric feel of this. Schwab always has a way with writing her characters into rather magical, or in this case, spooky worlds and her children's books are no different. There were certain moments, when Cass and Jake were down amongst the bodies of the long dead, surrounded by ghosts and a creepy ch
Gemma ♕ antari.and.the.books
Really enjoyed this! Definitely darker than the first outing and I loved the setting so much.

The introduction of stronger ghosts and more information about Jacob, as well as Cassidy becoming more and more comfortable with her abilities and her role,was wonderful!

Can't wait for book three!
Rae
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what it is about these books but just like last year, I devoured this book in almost one sitting. I love the eerie vibe and the sweet but unlikely friendship, these books are impossible to put down and once over, all I can think is that I must have MORE!!!!

Schwab has become one of my favorite authors over the last couple years and these books just go to show that she can master any genre and age group she sets her mind to writing. I love the writing and the pace of following Cassidy
Callie (BeverageandBook)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Jacob’s my favorite. 3.75-4/5 stars
Adah Udechukwu
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tunnel of Bones is an exciting, straightforward and fast read.
Alice (Married To Books)
4.5 stars!

Having read and adored the first book (City Of Ghosts) last year, Tunnel of Bones takes us back to Cass and her family who are now exploring the sights and catacombs of Paris. Cass and her ghost friend Jacob end up being targeted by the ghostly spirits of a young boy, who was crushed to his death whilst playing hide and seek with his older brother many years ago. The spookiness and the thrills were definitely there again but the pacing was a little too fast for me. However, there's twi
Drewthereader20
1) City of ghosts 5/5 stars
2) Tunnel of bones 5/5 stars
3) Bridge of souls /5 stars??

What a great series so far. This sequel was even more creeper than the first one!(:
Thanks kate for the amazing buddy read!(:
Ari
Nov 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Just as entertaining as the first book, and a little bit darker with the Catacombs setting as the catalyst in the plot. The ending left me with so many questions; I cannot wait to read the next installment.
Lara
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review

Is there ever going to be a book written by Victoria Schwab that I’m just not going to love? I seriously don’t think that’s possible anymore. I got so used to her flawless and natural, yet immersing and intriguing writing that flows through the story making it seem so real and believable. I read City of Ghosts couple of months back and forgot some major details about it, but it didn’t matter at all - with Schwab’s detailed, but not too overwhelming narrative it was like I read it yeste
bookellenic
This was exactly what I expected it to be: swift, entertaining and fun.

In this sequel to City of Ghosts, Cassidy finds herself in another adventure involving ghosts, this time in charming yet very haunted Paris. We didn’t explore this city as much Edinburgh in the first book, which shows how particularly fond of Scotland Schwab is, yet there are nice snippets and descriptions of the protagonist’s short visit to Paris.

If there’s one element in this series that makes it stand out, it’s definitely
Julie Zantopoulos
Another super cute middle-grade thriller from Schwab. The story keeps getting richer, the characters more real, and the stakes rising. It's a quick read but a fun one and a spooky one, too. I'll for sure be continuing.
Sabrina
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Ready for this next adventure!
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

I LOVE following Cassy's adventures, I would honestly read thousands of books of her traveling the world, discovering spooky places & meeting ghost characters, I really love it. This sequel is great, I enjoyed it as much as the first book and maybe even a little more, I think it has all the components that make it super dynamic to read, it flows very well and very fast, but nevertheless you manage to enjoy every detail and I loved the growth of characters in this one, as well as Paris.

description

4/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Yo
Hillary
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was ok

Never thought I would give this rating to a Schwab book but here we are. And I can pinpoint exactly where this installment did me wrong. Honestly, what the hell 2019, go away and stop my most anticipated releases from letting me down again and again.

The word I would use to describe this book would be ‘lukewarm’. Like when you’re given a soup and it’s that disgusting temperature so it doesn’t taste like anything at all.

I enjoyed City of Ghosts when it came out, it was perfect for that pe

• Dead Voices (Small Spaces, #2)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 2: Night of Knives
  • Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children, #5)
  • Pumpkinheads
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Ghost Squad
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Horrid
  • Cemetery Boys
  • Small Spaces (Small Spaces, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • You Should See Me in a Crown
  • Mooncakes
  • Shades of Magic Vol. 3: The Rebel Army
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.

Cassidy Blake (3 books)
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake, #3)