Start by marking “Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)

Tunnel of Bones

(Cassidy Blake #2)

Trouble is haunting Cassidy Blake . . . even more than usual.

She (plus her ghost best friend, Jacob, of course) are in Paris, where Cass's parents are filming their TV show about the world's most haunted cities. Sure, it's fun eating croissants and seeing the Eiffel Tower, but there's true ghostly danger lurking beneath Paris, in the creepy underground Catacomb
304 pages
Published September 3rd 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Tunnel of Bones, please sign up.
Madelaine I don't think it's been announced? -- But, as they're filming a TV series, I expect that it'll be the same number of books as episodes ... maybe 7?

Victoria Schwab
Dec 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Darker, stranger, and far more French ;)
Kai
Mar 23, 2018 marked it as to-read
Does this woman ever stop writing to, like, breathe? Eat? Go to the loo?
Chaima ✨ شيماء
I said this once and I’ll say it again: ghosts from the 1880s ARE OUT. That’s it, they’ve had their time. Give me millennial ghosts in Coldplay t-shirts who deal primarily in vintage memes, watch Buzzfeed Unsolved and Brooklyn Nine-Nine religiously and sing “it’s Britney, bitch” at 3 am just to aggravate you

Victoria Schwab, I’m begging you
Hamad
Dec 10, 2018 marked it as to-read
Update: Cover reveal as if we needed further reasons to read this!!

*****************************************

I hope this one is as Humerus as book 1 (pun intended)

description
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
😭 I didn't know all of the spooky books I read today would make me this emotional.

I have a lot of things to say about this book! Mostly, if you loved the first one because of Cassidy and Jacob's friendship, then I don't think you'll be dissappointed here! (I think I cried at the end of City of Ghosts for whatever reason, and without spoiling anything, I cried in this one as well 😂 Or maybe I'm just a crier, who knows?) Such pure, ghostly friends 😌👻

very spooky, lots of bones

full
OwlCrate Jr
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than book one.
Gemma ♕ Books_McCoy
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this! Definitely darker than the first outing and I loved the setting so much.

The introduction of stronger ghosts and more information about Jacob, as well as Cassidy becoming more and more comfortable with her abilities and her role,was wonderful!

Can't wait for book three!
Adah Udechukwu
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tunnel of Bones is an exciting, straightforward and fast read.
Alice-Elizabeth (marriedtobooks)
4.5 stars!

Having read and adored the first book (City Of Ghosts) last year, Tunnel of Bones takes us back to Cass and her family who are now exploring the sights and catacombs of Paris. Cass and her ghost friend Jacob end up being targeted by the ghostly spirits of a young boy, who was crushed to his death whilst playing hide and seek with his older brother many years ago. The spookiness and the thrills were definitely there again but the pacing was a little too fast for me. However,
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HYPEEEEED
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
.....But I want it now please *whines at an unfair world*
Lara
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review

Is there ever going to be a book written by Victoria Schwab that I’m just not going to love? I seriously don’t think that’s possible anymore. I got so used to her flawless and natural, yet immersing and intriguing writing that flows through the story making it seem so real and believable. I read City of Ghosts couple of months back and forgot some major details about it, but it didn’t matter at all - with Schwab’s detailed, but not too overwhelming narrative it was like I read it yesterday a
Katie
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm pretty sure I enjoyed this book even more than the first! It was really well done and it was so hard for me to put down. I'm so excited for the next book to be released!
Lea (drumsofautumn)
Probably a 3.5 star cause I didn't like this as much as the first one but still I enjoyed this a lot. For me it was just missing a little bit of the charm (for example the love for the city pouring out of the pages) and the thrill (I LOVED the villain in City of Ghosts) of the first one.
I did really love the audiobook and Reba Buhr's narration is wonderful, so I can definitely recommend that format a lot!

Booktube ChannelTwitterInstagram
Sasha
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
I preferred the first book but this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion of me.
The first book takes place in Edinburgh, a city that has such a special place in my heart for me.
Paris, in this book, is quite the opposite. I don't like that city and have so many bad memories from that place. And it is crazy how it can influence your reading experience.
Because the book was as well written as in the first one. I loved the characters the same way. The plot was good too even i
Ian
Cassidy has just discovered that with her ability to cross the veil and see ghosts comes the responsibility to help ghosts move on.

Landing in Paris she just wants to keep a low profile, until she accidentally sets a poltergeist free. With her best friend, Jacob (who also happens to be a ghost) she must find out who the poltergeist is and somehow set him free before he destroys Paris.
Lauren
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Schwab has gone and done it again!

Tunnel of Bones was a delight to read and I preferred this (slightly) more than City of Ghosts. ToB sees Cassidy Blake and her ghost friend, Jacob, exploring the catacombs of Paris, while her parents film a new series of their TV show, The Inspecters.

The atmosphere was suitably eerie throughout and the actual ghost in this one, I found to be more creepy than the one in CoG. It may have something to do with the ghost not just tar
Ashley
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Star Rating: —> 3.5 Stars [rounded up]

Cassidy Blake, it’s not you, it’s me.

I love V.E. Schwab’s writing SO much. I think this book was written fantastically, had a wonderful storyline, characters, world building... and boy does Schwab know how to make a reader FEEL.
I just have a really hard time with middle grade these days, I feel like. The whole time it was like I was captivated, but only on a surface level... it wasn’t until the end when she pulled her usual Schwab ‘rip-your-heart-out-and/>CassidyRating:
Temi Panayotova
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enchanting, amazing, haunted, extraordinary!
Breanna
Watch and listen. See and know. This is what you are.

The city of Paris, the empire of the dead, where millions and millions of bones are buried five stories under your feet wherever you go. Cassidy Blake is in a new city with all new ghosts and sights to explore. And of course her ghost best friend Jacob is along for the ride.

Just like the first one, I loved this book. They're just so fun, but also atmospheric and suspenseful and a little bit creepy. I was going to wait until Oc
Taylor
What a great sequel this was!! I read it absurdly fast, and I can’t wait for more! RTC.
Jelena Milenković
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I can’t not wish that this was longer!

Sabrina
Jan 31, 2019 marked it as to-read
Ready for this next adventure!
Melissa
What a great sequel! There was fantastic world expansion and character growth. I do think there are too many Harry Potter references—has this kid read/watched anything else??? But nonetheless, I’m excited for this series to continue, and the hint at what’s to come for the next book was VERY intriguing.
Anniek
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is pretty creepy, considering it's a middlegrade, and I had to read it in one sitting. (Yes, I'm an adult, what about it?) It's such a fun, atmospheric read, and I loved spending more time with Cassidy and Jacob.
maya
Jul 03, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
why are the uk editions always so much better???
it’s so hard to be an american
*sigh*
TheYALibrarian
Karli
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars!

my uwus (but like i'm also sad ya know)

RTC
Robin
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
I love this series. RTC
Stacey (prettybooks)
Cassidy Blake and Jacob are back! Like last year, Victoria Schwab's evocative ghost-hunting adventure series is my Halloween pick. This time, in Tunnel of Bones (sequel to City of Ghosts ), Cass and her best friend (and ghost) Jacob travel to Paris with the parents. The Inspectres are filming their TV series about the world's most haunted cities. Only on their second city, this trip involves croissants, crepes, the Eiffel Tower – and, of course, Paris' creepy underground Catacombs.

Continue reading this

• Untitled Standalone
  • Untitled (Nikolai Duology, #2)
  • Bid My Soul Farewell (Give the Dark My Love, #2)
  • Defy the Fates (Constellation, #3)
  • #Murderfunding (MurderTrending, #2)
  • Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire, #1)
  • The Map from Here to There
  • The Harp of Kings (Warrior Bards, #1)
  • The Midnight Lie (The Midnight Lie, #1)
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Be Not Far From Me
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.

Cassidy Blake (3 books)
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake, #3)
“What you can't see is always scarier than what you can. Your eyes play tricks on you, filling in the shadows, making shapes.” 4 likes
“But it's easy not to care what other people think when none of them can see you.” 2 likes