Start by marking “Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)

Tunnel of Bones

(Cassidy Blake #2)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  24,563 ratings  ·  4,281 reviews
Trouble is haunting Cassidy Blake . . . even more than usual.

She (plus her ghost best friend, Jacob, of course) are in Paris, where Cass's parents are filming their TV show about the world's most haunted cities. Sure, it's fun eating croissants and seeing the Eiffel Tower, but there's true ghostly danger lurking beneath Paris, in the creepy underground Catacombs.

When Cass
Published September 3rd 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Tunnel of Bones, please sign up.
Cathy Halasz ive never wanted a ghost so much to be a girls boyfriend LOL, i totally get this.
Madelaine I don't think it's been announced? -- But, as they're filming a TV series, I expect that it'll be the same number of books as episodes ... maybe 7?…moreI don't think it's been announced? -- But, as they're filming a TV series, I expect that it'll be the same number of books as episodes ... maybe 7?(less)

·  24,563 ratings  ·  4,281 reviews

Start your review of Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
Victoria Schwab
Dec 10, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Darker, stranger, and far more French ;)
Kai Spellmeier
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned
“What you can't see is always scarier than what you can. Your eyes play tricks on you, filling in the shadows, making shapes.”

Does this woman ever stop writing to, like, breathe? Eat? Go to the loo? Victoria creates story after story, releases book after book and I'M HERE FOR IT. She is a one-woman power house and the fact that we will get to experience her worlds on screen sooner or later fills my Schwablin heart.

With Tunnel of Bones Victoria once again proves that she is one of the most talent
Hamad
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

City of Ghosts ★★★ 1/2
Tunnel of bones ★★★

“It’s hard to believe in ghosts, until you see one, and then it’s hard not to.”

★ I thought that this is a duology and apparently it is not! I am not the target audience and so I will try not to be so critical but I know that MG does not mean it have to be bad or simple.

★ The writing is very very easy and straight forward, I respect Schwab’s ability to change the writing voice according to the intend
Ashley Nuckles
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this one! Better than the first for me!
Charlotte May
Addictive little tale with a side of ghosts and creepiness! Just great!
👻 🦴

“C’est la vie,” he says. “Things happen.” “Unless you’re Cassidy Blake,” says Jacob as the car pulls away. “And then you make them happen.”

Another quick and exciting instalment in the Cassidy Blake series.
Cassidy once again finds herself in a haunted city while her parents film their ghost themed tv show.
While exploring, Cass and her ghost best friend Jacob accidentally awaken a poltergeist and suddenly the whole of
Xandra (StarrySkyBooks)
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
😭 I didn't know all of the spooky books I read today would make me this emotional.

I have a lot of things to say about this book! Mostly, if you loved the first one because of Cassidy and Jacob's friendship, then I don't think you'll be dissappointed here! (I think I cried at the end of City of Ghosts for whatever reason, and without spoiling anything, I cried in this one as well 😂 Or maybe I'm just a crier, who knows?) Such pure, ghostly friends 😌👻

very spooky, lots of bones

4 stars
Lucy Tonks
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I forgot so many things that happened in this book. I originally read it in 2019, so of oucrse I was bound to forget some of the things that happened in here, but actually forget the overall the plot of the book. I didn't think my memory could be that bad, but, oh well, it is.

In Tunnel of Bones, we follow Cassidy and her parents as they go to their second filming locati
Sylvie
3.85

I literally finished this book in three hours, I just love a fast paced books. I can't say it was better than 'City of Bones' but this was just as fun and delightful.
I love Cassidy and Jacob together and individually, I simply cannot get enough of them. It's always fun reading about them and their adventures.
Sally
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even better than book one.
jade
Sep 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
“he seems happier, lighter, after sharing his story. i feel a little heavier after hearing it, but that's okay. that's how friendship works. you learn to share the weight.”

after saving the souls of edinburgh from the raven in red, cassidy & jacob find themselves in paris for the next episode of the inspecters. cassidy’s parents are all too eager to explore the catacombs beneath the city and discuss its horrors on camera, while cassidy is trying to find her footing as a ghost hunter.

a
¸¸.•*¨*•♫ Mrs. Buttercup •*¨*•♫♪
“It's hard to believe in ghosts, until you see one, and then it's hard not to.”

This book is an example of a series which doesn't suffer from the "second book syndrome"! I enjoyed book two just as much as book one. Actually, thinking about it I guess I liked this one even better, because of the depth of the story, and the way it was much more emotionally charged than the first one. I am pretty sure I would have been a fan of this series in my middle grade years!

sarah
“First comes mischief, then comes menace, then mayhem.
The more trouble poltergeists cause, the more powerful they get.”

#1) City of Ghosts ★★★
#2) Tunnel of Bones ★★★★

Tunnel of Bones is the latest instalment in Victoria Schwab's middle grade paranormal series. After finding the first book slightly underwhelming, I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this one! The characters felt more developed, the ghosts more chilling and the plot more engaging. I won't go into any spoilers fo
Rachel Kathryn Wright
Aug 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to City of Ghosts in the Cassidy Blake series by Victoria Schwab. One of the things that I love most about Schwab is that even with this book being middle grade is that she is still able to keep her style of writing. It is a similar theme to her other books but written in a way that kids can easily read this. This book has left me so excited to see what will happen next in Bridge if Souls. With most books that get a new villain, they get stronger, and I absolutely loved this v ...more
Rae
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what it is about these books but just like last year, I devoured this book in almost one sitting. I love the eerie vibe and the sweet but unlikely friendship, these books are impossible to put down and once over, all I can think is that I must have MORE!!!!

Schwab has become one of my favorite authors over the last couple years and these books just go to show that she can master any genre and age group she sets her mind to writing. I love the writing and the pace of following Cassidy
Sara
3.5 stars.

Tunnel of Bones continues the story of Cassidy Blake, reluctant ghost hunter. This time Cassidy finds herself in Paris, home of the catacombs and a rather pesky poltergeist.

I liked the atmospheric feel of this. Schwab always has a way with writing her characters into rather magical, or in this case, spooky worlds and her children's books are no different. There were certain moments, when Cass and Jake were down amongst the bodies of the long dead, surrounded by ghosts and a creepy ch
Callie (BeverageandBook)
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Jacob’s my favorite.
☠Kayla☠
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
First off let me just say I'm absolutely loving these books so far and I really hope they become a series. I also LOVE the supernatural with ghost and spirits being at the top of my list so this book is absolutely perfect for me.
This is the second book to City of Ghost and honestly I liked this one more. I feel like there was more to this story then the first one and more interesting places that they had to explore.
In this book we follow Cassidy and Jacob on they're adventures reaping ghost and
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

Tunnel of Bones follows our favorite middle grade ghost hunter Cassidy Blake to a new city and country, Paris, France. While her parents are filming their ghost show in the catacombs, Cassidy and her ghost friend Jacob accidentally awaken a poltergeist and find themselves way out of their league.

I read the first book of this series, City of Ghosts, in March 2020 when the covid19 pandemic hit the US and everyone was given the stay at home orders. I was so stressed out about the world in
Deborah Obida
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is so much better and deeper than the first book. The ghost in this is an unusual one, he is not hell bent on revenge nor on power but something else that will shock you. Its actually very sad.

I really enjoyed reading more about Cassidy and Jacob, we finally found out how Jacob died and it was sadder than I thought.

The writing though not my best I still liked it, I know its because of the target audience. The depiction of The City of Dead was awesome.

Drew's ambitious reading
1) City of ghosts 5/5 stars
2) Tunnel of bones 5/5 stars
3) Bridge of souls /5 stars??

What a great series so far. This sequel was even more creeper than the first one!(:
Thanks kate for the amazing buddy read!(:
Ashley Daviau
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I swear, I fall more and more in love with Schwab’s writing with each book I read by her. At this point I’d gladly read even her grocery list, suffice to say that I’m slightly obsessed. I didn’t think it possible but this book was even better than City of Ghosts! It’s my second time reading it and I sped through it entirely too fast and I’m diving into book three immediately, I want more adventures with Cass and Jacob. Speaking of Jacob, I was absolutely thrilled that we got more back story on h ...more
Alice-Elizabeth (Prolific Reader Alice)
4.5 stars!

Having read and adored the first book (City Of Ghosts) last year, Tunnel of Bones takes us back to Cass and her family who are now exploring the sights and catacombs of Paris. Cass and her ghost friend Jacob end up being targeted by the ghostly spirits of a young boy, who was crushed to his death whilst playing hide and seek with his older brother many years ago. The spookiness and the thrills were definitely there again but the pacing was a little too fast for me. However, there's twi
Montzalee Wittmann
Tunnel of Bones
(Cassidy Blake #2)
by Victoria Schwab
This time Cassidy's parents are going to Paris to shoot their ghost hunting show. Little do they know that their daughter sees and talks to ghosts and that Jacob is around them a lot and he is definitely a ghost. While in Paris, Cass and Jacob find ghostly trouble on their own or it finds them! A poltergeist decides to follow them and cause trouble. But it doesn't want to stop at trouble, it wants to harm or worse! Definitely a good and suspens
gabrielle
What’s worse than an ancient ghost trying to steal your life force? A poltergeist trying to murder you, and possibly others you care about. Cassidy Blake doesn’t have the best luck in the haunting department. While exploring Paris, her and Jacob – along with the help of some friends, both old and new – must unravel a mystery before it’s too late to save herself and the misguided spirit.

Even though I gave it the same rating, Tunnel of Bones is a step-up from its predecessor. While still being a q
Gemma ♕ Bookish Gems
Sep 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queen-vic
Really enjoyed this! Definitely darker than the first outing and I loved the setting so much.

The introduction of stronger ghosts and more information about Jacob, as well as Cassidy becoming more and more comfortable with her abilities and her role,was wonderful!

Can't wait for book three!
Melanie (TBR and Beyond)
.....But I want it now please *whines at an unfair world*
Adah Udechukwu
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tunnel of Bones is an exciting, straightforward and fast read.
rachel ☾
#1) City of Ghosts ★★★★☆
#3) Bridge of Souls ★★★★☆

Trigger warnings for (view spoiler).

Representation: Lara (sc) Scottish-Indian.

BlogTrigger Warning DatabaseTwitterInstagram
Sabrina
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Ready for this next adventure!
Lara
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
My review

Is there ever going to be a book written by Victoria Schwab that I’m just not going to love? I seriously don’t think that’s possible anymore. I got so used to her flawless and natural, yet immersing and intriguing writing that flows through the story making it seem so real and believable. I read City of Ghosts couple of months back and forgot some major details about it, but it didn’t matter at all - with Schwab’s detailed, but not too overwhelming narrative it was like I read it yeste

• Gallant
  • Szczwane sztuczki (Franek i Finka #2)
  • Szkoła duchów (Spookademia, #1)
  • Cuda wianki. Nowe przygody rodziny Koźlaków (Klan Koźlaków, #2)
  • Cały ten czas
  • A kiedy zniknie pustynia
  • Find Me (Shatter Me, #4.5-5.5)
  • Vengeful (Villains, #2)
  • Grimoire Noir
  • A Treason of Thorns
  • Nocturna (A Forgery of Magic, #1)
  • The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • We Hunt the Flame (Sands of Arawiya, #1)
  • The Beast (The Darkdeep, #2)
  • His Hideous Heart
  • The Turn of the Key
  • Heart of the Moors: An Original Maleficent: Mistress of Evil Novel
  • Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
See top shelves…
Victoria is the product of a British mother, a Beverly Hills father, and a southern upbringing. Because of this, she has been known to say "tom-ah-toes," "like," and "y'all."

She also tells stories.

She loves fairy tales, and folklore, and stories that make her wonder if the world is really as it seems.

Cassidy Blake (3 books)
  • City of Ghosts (Cassidy Blake, #1)
  • Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake, #3)