Start by marking “When Darkness Follows (Beyond the Grave series #4)” as Want to Read:
When Darkness Follows (Beyond the Grave series #4)

When Darkness Follows

(Beyond the Grave #4)

Multi-Award Winning and Bestselling Paranormal Suspense Series.

A Sexy Supernatural Suspense - WHEN DARKNESS FOLLOWS can be read as a standalone.

***
The only eyewitness to a murder can’t remember a thing.

Rachel Sommers and her two best friends don’t believe anything will happen when they sneak onto a haunted shipwreck in the middle of the night. Why would they? Ghosts do
Kindle Edition
Published May 29th 2018 by Sunset Coast Publishing

To ask other readers questions about When Darkness Follows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Darkness Follows

Claire
This series has to be one of my favourites, I have no idea how I originally stumbled upon book 3, but I've now read all of the books and every one was fabulous. This new book in the series had plenty of supernatural happenings, romance and hot steamy scenes, plenty of action and hold your breath moments. I like the way we get to know a different member of the TSI in each book which bodes well for there being another book or two to come in this series. I highly recommend this book and the previou ...more
Dawn Yacovetta
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is quickly becoming one of my favorite paranormal reads of all time. Each segment is full of mystery and frightening paranormal activity that makes you think twice about what you know. I appreciate when a story makes me question my reality.

I loved Rachel's badass attitude and her strength when faced with her circumstances. My heart broke for her as she continued to go through the difficult and terrifying situation with which she was faced. However, I couldn't help but admire how she
K.J. Simmill
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel was part of a successful small band, Trinity Beat, until one night a cancelled gig left them at a loose end and they wound up exploring a haunted ghost ship. Rachel had always been drawn to the paranormal, but this place felt different. No sooner had they stepped foot aboard she wanted to leave. She should have listened to her instincts. She remembers the Ouija board, the strange behaviour of her friend Rob, but what she doesn't remember was Trey's murder, how she received the strange sla ...more
Kim O'Daniel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow that was amazing! This is the 4th book in this
phenomenal series. They are all so well-written and thought
through. As well as just plan hard to put down.

This story is Rachel and Daniel's story. Rachel is the singer
in the band Trinity beat, or she was till she woke up to find
one band member dead and the other missing. And she has
no idea what happened. So she hires debunking reality to
help her find out what went down on that shipwrecked ship.
But she is in for a surprise when Daniel shows
Leah
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, book 4 does NOT disappoint. Rachel Sommers takes the lead in this book; strong, wilful and loyal as I would expect of Athena's lead characters, especially in this series. This book delves into to the paranormal and just when I thought I knew what was coming next.......I was wrong. In addition to Rachel, Daniel Smith is back who is equally as strong, wilful and loyal. It is great to see some of the characters appear from the previous books which interweaves perfectly. I've always been a fan ...more
Dina
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I loved that Rachel and her friends went to a supposedly haunted shipwreck and of course in the middle of the night. So, what could go wrong? ALOT! hehe. And she does not even have any memory of what occurred.

This was one for the most fun with paranormal romance stories that I have read in a long time. I enjoyed the characters and ghostly things immensely.

Denise Van plew
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lovin' getting into this one series again with this intense addition. Jumping in both feet running I was quickly swept away by the character Rachel and her dilemma. Daniel will also capture my complete attention when he swoops in. The return of some favorite characters complete with all the drama and mystery that will blow your way while reading. This one even gets deeper into the paranormal with it getting thick at times. A second chance for the two also comes along with all the bumps tha ...more
Kris Saluga
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Oh my Lord!!!! This book is Athena Daniel's best yet. I will not post any spoilers but Rachel and Daniel......this adventure with the two of them had me in a lot of suspense and definitely has me waiting for another installment. Rachel is strong and courageous and Daniel.....there is so much to say about him but I will let y'all read all about it. This book is AMAZING!!!!!
S.K. Gregory
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rachel returns to the ship where her friend died and the other went missing. She faces an otherworldly foe. It was an interesting story and I would recommend it.

Karen Taylor
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Best paranormal story around

This is the best paranormal series by far. Every book in this series is excellent but this story is bu far the best. It had me in the edge of my seat and the love they have for one another is amazing. If you love paranormal stories this is a must read. Wow another five star story. You will not be disappointed. Love love love her books. Thanks again for another hot book.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Darkness Follows is the fourth book in the Beyond The Grave series, and we reunited with both TSI and Debunking Reality. Rachel has called Debunking Reality because of a murder-mystery that involves her. Unfortunately she can't remember what happened, and wants to find out what happened to her friend, whilst clearing her other friend's name. Once Daniel hears she is involved, nothing will keep him away.

As is typical with Athena Daniels' books, nothing is quite as it seems. There is enough t
Justin Lambe
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me say, this is another one of Author Athena Daniel’s masterpieces. She is a talented writer and I love her Beyond the Grave series. Each book gets better, in my opinion, and you’ll instantly fall in love with her characters. I especially like Rachael. Athena gives thought into each of her characters and makes them unique. If you haven’t yet read this author’s books, I recommend starting with this. You won’t regret it!
Lori Hammons
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another outstanding story in the Beyond The Grave series. The suspense in Rachel and Daniel's story made it near to impossible to put this book down. I highly recommend the entire series.
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Haunting! An emotionally thrilling paranormal suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat! I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It’s a great addition to the series!
The characters were enjoyable to read and so raw and real!
I can’t wait to read more from this thrilling paranormal romance series!
Bianca78
Sep 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rock band Trinity Beat are a tight trio of friends seeking fun and adventure. When their interest in the macabre takes them to a fabled ghost ship abandoned on the Australian coast, their lives are forever altered by a demonic force tied to the ship. Following their ill-fated adventure lead singer Rachel Sommers is thrust in the middle of a murder investigation when one of her bandmates is found dead and the other is o
Please Pass the Books
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Darkness Follows by Athena Daniels is the fourth and final book in the critically acclaimed, award winning Beyond the Grave series, preceded by The Seer's Daughter, The Alchemist's Son, and Girl Unseen. Set in Western Australia, the book begins with Rachel getting ready to go back onto the Anna-Marie, a shipwreck that may still hold the answers to a night she can't remember...one that involved a Ouija Board, a dead friend, and another friend on the run. She's enlisted the help of a paranorm ...more
Laura Reading
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do not read this book alone in the dark. Everyone always believes it is the Ouija Board that allows the evil to flow. Poor little board that gets such a bad rap.
Best friends for years, eventually forming a popular band, Rachel Sommers and friends Robbie and Trey also formed a habit of checking out reportedly haunted spaces. The night they snuck onto a haunted ship, did their luck run out? Or had they just tempted fate one time too many?

When one friend is dead, the other missing and suspected of
Evelyn Dotson
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rachel and her friends visit a haunted shipwreck one night…What occurred? Rachel cannot remember! What is hunting her…a demon! Daniel works with a group known as TSI and sets out to protect Rachel from the demon. This is their second chance at love, but can he help her discover what happened to her friend Rob, and why she woke up next to her friend Trey, who was dead?! Through the journey, Daniel and Rachel discover a once in a lifetime love and will do anything to prove it! This is the third bo ...more
Che Flaviano
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Engrossing paranormal read

I wished I had read the first 3 books in the series. Though I think it is not required, I would've delved in because I like how the story flowed with this one. The horror, mystery and suspense had kept me on the edge of my seat. The story's pacing is good - fast at that. Has some graphically described steamy scenes. All characters are important in the whole development of the story - nobody was some kind of wallflower in it. I hate spoilers, so I won't be telling more,
Janet
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story will grab you and not let go. Crazy but it puts you in the room of a demonic spirit that wants you to be scared. It put me on the edge of my seat and my blood pressure went up. WOW! intense.
Rachel is very hard headed and stubborn. She has a hard time of letting something into her head that she does not want to be there. That can be very hard to overcome. She needs help and to have someone at her back that can be there for her. I hope she is not stubborn enough to get herself killed.
Lori
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received a free copy of this book via Hidden Gems and am voluntarily leaving a review.

Wow, this book was awesome. Usually a story reaches it climax just over three quarters of the way through, but not this book. It has multiple climaxes with a very dramatic finish.

After reading the first three, I was not sure how this author could possibly pull off another one, but, this in my opinion is the best of the four. Characters from the previous stories are brought into this one, and together they fac
Georgia Mathers
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr
When Darkness Follows is a nail-biting mystery romance involving a demon of jealousy, three generations of the Sommers family, the Taipan Security and Investigations company (TSI), and the paranormal reality television show Debunking Reality.
The heroine Rachel Sommers and hero Daniel Smith find out they should not have wasted time on hurt feelings and fear, because unequivocally they would readily die for each other. More …
Stephanie
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-copy, paranormal
A group of childhood friends/band members decide to go aboard a "haunted" boat turns sour when one ends up dead, one is missing, and the third has no memory of the murder. This book pulled me in and I felt like I was part of the story. The characters were easy to love and the storyline was filled with a crazy demon plot, friends and family, and LOVE! This is my first story by Athena Daniels and I am so glad I decided to read it!! I am excited to go back and read books 1 - 3.

I was gifted an ARC i
Cassie Brooker
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Haunted? Yes Please!

Haunted shipwreck, friends go looking for the ultimate adventure and in return can’t remember. I won’t spoil the rest but this was fun and I love adventure.

With adventure, mystery and trying to remember is a great combo. I would recommend this book to everyone and it’s the last book in the graveyard series.
Mary
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great storyline
Michele
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The story had so many twists and turns I was never bored. I would highly recommend it. I look forward to reading more by the author.
Melissa Cheresnick
Dec 10, 2018
Shannon Mckenzie
Jun 21, 2018
Karen Landon
Jan 10, 2019
BRENDA RAINE
Nov 25, 2018
Athena Daniels is the #1 international bestselling author of the award-winning Beyond the Grave paranormal romance series and the romantic thriller Desperate.

Website - www.athenadaniels.com

Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/AthenaDaniels11
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AthenaDaniels11
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/athena.daniels
Amazon Author - http://www.amazon.com/Athena-Daniels/...
Newsle

Beyond the Grave (5 books)
  • The Seer's Daughter (Beyond the Grave, #1)
  • The Alchemist's Son (Beyond the Grave, #2)
  • Girl Unseen (Beyond The Grave, #3)
  • Beyond The Grave (Beyond the Grave #1, #2)