Start by marking “Rogues Rush In” as Want to Read:
Rogues Rush In

Rogues Rush In

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling authors Tessa Dare and Christi Caldwell come together in this smart, sexy, not-to-be-missed Regency Duet!

Two scandalous brides...
Two rogues who won’t be denied...

His Bride for the Taking by New York Times Bestselling author Tessa Dare
It’s the first rule of friendship among gentlemen: Don’t even think about touching your best friend
Published May 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Rogues Rush In, please sign up.

Tessa Dare
May 22, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-this

Available now!

Two all-new Regency-romance romances in one book! Mine is a novella; Christi’s is a short novel.

It’s in ebook at major retailers and available to order in print from Amazon.

Hope it gives you heart-eyes 😍😍😍
Sammy Loves Books
His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare was a 4.5 star.
I love it when a female gets her man by any means necessary. These two were lovely!

His Duchess for a Day by Christi Caldwell was a 2.5 star

This one had too much angst for my taste. Especially when a simple conversation could have prevented years of torment.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
4 'Loved you forever' Stars!

Rating for the story written by Tessa Dare called His Bride for the Taking. Since I absolutely adored The Duchess Deal, I decided I wanted to read more by this author and this novella was the perfect quick romance treat. Loved the the theme of "I loved you for years" but "you are forbidden because you are my best friend's sister". It was sweet, sexy, we even got a surprise and it had such an adorable ending!
Robin (Bridge Four)
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Tessa Dare is one of my favorite Historical Romance writers.  Her stories are always fun and Marriage of Convenience to lovers is a favorite trope of mine, so I was excited to get my hands on the Rogues Rush In: A Regency Duet.  I’d never read Christi Caldwell before but see her books everywhere; this seemed like a good time to try a new to me author as well.

His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare – 4.5 Hearts
Mary has been left at the alter
Els
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I found the part from Tessa Dare was a bit better than the part from Christy Caldwell. Tessa Dare even made an reference to Ikea.
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I enjoyed this duet - it is Tessa Dare and Christi Caldwell, after all - petty is as petty does and I have to complain about the cover. Both heroines have reddish (described as auburn and crimson) hair. Yet I spy...a blonde?

Not sure if there is a lack of stock photos for red-headed historical heroines, but if cover artists need the inspiration, I have just the lady in mind...

*wipes drool from chin*

ANYWAY, one of my monthly challenge tasks is: "read a book that makes you feel warm and co
Tracy DeNeal
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Double Dose of Rogues

I anxiously awaited the release of this duet and it did not disappoint! What a joy to devour the works of two of my favorite authors in one sitting. Truly a scrumptious delight.

I recently attended an RWA local chapter meeting where Tessa Dare spoke on writing a sizzling first kiss scene. Let me tell you, the first kiss scene in this duet was smoking hot!

Sebastian is such a swoon-worthy hero. I loved the premise of an impetuous proposal and wedding. The cottage caretakers
Dina
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This anthology contains two novellas:

His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare (3 stars)

I've read almost every book that Ms. Dare has written so far and I know what to expect from her: fun, lighthearted stories featuring a historical setting but written in a contemporary style. Sometimes the story is so good that I let that idiosyncrasy slide, but sometimes I can't get past it. As a novella, His Bride for the Taking was too short to have enough of a story to make me forget the hero calling the hero
Hollis
Dare's contribution to the ROGUES RUSH IN duet is a three star bit of novella fun and silliness, which had two supporting characters that brought to mind a certain serving pair from Poldark that I loved, had a hilarious Ikea-inspired scene, but unfortunately I rather disliked the overall orchestrated/set-up element of an otherwise sweet story.

But the longer of the two, by unknown-to-me Caldwell, was a two star read. Nothing particularly wrong with the second chance romance between a Duke and th
Yesy (The Book Vagrant)
"His Bride for the Taking" by Tessa Dare
4.5 STARS

I wish this had been a little longer, but mostly just because I wanted to see more of these two. I also completely loved that twist!

"His Duchess for a Day" by Christi Caldwell
4 STARS

I'm starting to like this whole separated lovers thing ngl. Just wish they had communicated with each other. It could've prevented so much and stopped some things from getting a little bit repetitive, but I still very much enjoyed it!
Aly
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
His bride for the taking - Tessa Dare 4 star

Sebastian Ives, Lord Byrne, doesn't usually follow the rules, but he value friendship above all and the most important principle of it is don't touch your best friend's sister. For eleven years he kept his promise to himself but when Mary's reputation is at stake, the honorable Sebastian will do whatever it take, even if it means take the place of the no-show groom at the altar.

Tessa Dare is one of my favorite author so when I saw she wrote a new nove
G.
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5/5
I can't rate this one high overall. Though I did like Tessa Dare's novella. I'm disappointed it was the shorter of the two.
Laura the Highland Hussy
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review posted on Got Fiction?

You guys don’t think I’d ever pass up a Tessa Dare novella, do you?

This story begins with a wedding, sort of. Mary has been left at the altar and Sebastian is there to rescue her. He’s always been there to rescue her. He’s her younger brother’s best friend, and spent a lot of time with them when they were younger. When her brother was killed in the war, Sebastian couldn’t rescue Henry, so his protective instincts intensified.

Sebastian’s form of rescuing her is to mar
Supriya Saran
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I may be one the few who enjoy reading ‘Novellas’ and this one was no different. Short, sweet and a perfect filler / mood lifter / feel gooder that ever was.

Christi has been my favourite (read ‘obsessive’ favourite) for the longest I can recall. My love for historical romance doubled manifold with her stories. While Tessa Dare has been a recent recommendation, that I have also lapped up, because her books just make me laugh. It is her witty prose that took me by surprise and had me hooked. So no
Lynsey A
His Bride for the Taking Tessa Dare Review 5 I Could Die of Happiness Stars

Loved, loved, loved this short little story by Tessa Dare. It was a sweet romance with romantic gestures, beautiful setting (eventually ;) ), endearing couple, and lovers of a lifetime.

Sebastian had always sworn to keep his hands off of his best friends sister, Mary but circumstances arise where he has to save her from scandal and marries her after he fiance leaves her at the altar. What ensues is a romantic story betwee
Diane
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
What's better than a great story by one of my favorite authors? A book containing great stories by 2 of my favorite authors. Tessa Dare and Christi Caldwell write a winning combination of lost love found again. Both stories are delightful, delicious tidbits of romance.
In His Bride for the Taking, Tessa Dare tells the story of Sebastian. He knows there is only one rule - don't touch your best friends sister. So, even though he had loved Mary since they were children, he has kept his distance. Ms
Bookphenomena (Micky)
This rating is only for the Tessa Dare story -3.5 stars

This was a light and funny novella, a story that hadn’t the potential to be a full novel. I liked both the main characters and the story was fun. The highlight was an IKEA-ish scene (I know this won’t make sense being HR) but I know this is inspired from just such a real life incident.

I didn’t read the second novella, as I started and couldn’t get into it.
Kari Maass
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved both books in this duet. Tessa Dare’s Sebastian and Mary’s story was highly entertaining. Christi Caldwell’s Crispin and Elizabeth’s story was wonderful. Both roads to a HEA had a surprising twist that I enjoyed immensely. I was gifted with an arc but have pre ordered as well. I highly recommend it!
Aoi
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: hf-england
His Bride For The Taking - Tessa Dare

2 stars.
The story didn't grab me at all, and that (inane) plot twist right at the end added insult to injury.

His Duchess For A Day - Christi Caldwell

4 stars.
A pair of estranged friends and their wonderfully crafted journey towards seeking understanding and a lifetime of happiness
Dee Deacon Foster
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
His for the Taking by Tessa Dare
A code of honor – never, ever make a move on your best friend’s sister. Sebastian, Lord Byrne, has lived by that code from the moment he met Mary Clayton. Even with the death of her brother the most Sebastian has done is make sure she is protected. Now with Mary alone at the altar he offers marriage in name only to protect her from ruin and a life of spinsterhood.
Mary Clayton has now been left at the altar twice; though she cannot be sad about it. When her deceas
Blodeuedd Finland
His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare

I liked this one. It was very sweet. Sebastian has been in love with his best friend's sister forever and she who was older never noticed him. And then when she is left at the altar he marries her instead to save her reputation. I mean what a wonderful guy! Also what horrible times when it means being left at the altar ruins her rep cos people will think they did things before.

Most of the book takes place in a little cottage. Oh one part at the beginning mad
Melanie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rogues Rush In includes two wonderful stories with fantastic characters and love stories I couldn’t help but root for.

His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare — 4.5 Stars

Sebastian Ives has struggled to resist Mary Clayton for years but when Mary is abandoned at the altar, Sebastian sets out to save her reputation by marrying her himself. I love stories of unrequited love finally coming to pass and this novella perfectly fit that description as Sebastian and Mary have harbored secret attractions to
Maida
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two talented authors

Good balance between the two novellas - laughter elicited by one, tears by the other. Both tales of childhood friends turned married couple, they’re told differently, proving once again the myriad ways authors can tell the same storyline.

Tessa’s His Bride for the Taking was sweet and funny with a wily heroine in Mary and an adorably responsible hero in Sebastian. The bed assembly and the dinner scenes were memorably hilarious.

Christi’s His Duchess for a Day made me cry. Th
Showie Ford
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
His Bride For the Taking

When I sit down with a story by Tessa Dare, I already know two things. 1. I am going to laugh. There is no HisRom author that makes me laugh more than Tessa Dare, her sense of humor is perfection. 2. I am going to be surprised. I am always shocked by a twist.

Though short, this story was no different. It contained everything necessary for a fantastic story. The story took me about 20 minutes to read. The story was engaging and well executed. I loved everything about it. Ju
Tandie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 18-months
His Bride for the Taking by Tessa Dare
Almost 4 stars for the Dare novella. It was pure fluff; silly, but fun.

His Duchess for a Day by Christi Caldwell
This was a novella, but it dragged. It was a tale of big misunderstandings and not much else. 2 stars.
Saynab
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Got an ARC of this book

Two of my favorite authors wrote a book together,😁 and I loved every minute of this book. It was short and sweet and I was laughing most of the time.
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
3.5 stars for both stories
Avid Booker
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Like a bit of Frustrating Angst and Ridiculousness
I dont even know how to review anymore lol. Funny that this is the book I read fresh out of a slump. But anyway, These novellas were... I dont know what to say really?

Tessa's book: Fast, ridiculous, and the twists were like.... fetched. Far. lol She's my favorite but this wasn't it.

Christi's book: My first time reading her, plus she had the longer story.... This was a novella but the shit took FOREVER. I was like when is everything going to be revealed, I'm tired of waiting! But I did like the s
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
What you love about the book? 1 2 May 23, 2018 03:13PM
What do you love about this book? 1 2 May 23, 2018 03:07PM

• At the Christmas Wedding
  • Dancing in the Duke's Arms
  • Miss Goodhue Lives for a Night (Winner Takes All, #2.5)
  • The Pursuit Of... (The Worth Saga #2.5)
  • A Gentleman For All Seasons
  • Counting on a Countess (The London Underground, #2)
  • Governess Gone Rogue (Dear Lady Truelove, #3)
  • Lady Rogue (The Royal Rewards #3)
  • A Christmas Gone Perfectly Wrong (Blackshear Family, #0.5)
  • The Scoundrel and I (Falcon Club, #4.5; The Prince Catchers, #3.5)
  • Mad For Love (Highland Brides, #1)
  • How the Duke Was Won (The Disgraceful Dukes, #1)
  • At The Billionaire's Wedding
Sign up for Tessa's newsletter and be the first to hear about new books and hot deals! http://tessadare.com/newsletter-signup/

Tessa Dare is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of fourteen historical romance novels and five novellas. Her books have won numerous accolades, including Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® award (twice!) and the RT Book Reviews Seal of Excellen