Start by marking “Memories of Us (Rebel Desire, #4)” as Want to Read:
Memories of Us (Rebel Desire, #4)

Memories of Us (Rebel Desire, #4)

A new second chance romance from Fabiola Francisco

The life I’m living was supposed to be ours, not just mine, and without her it means nothing.

I couldn’t climb on stage and sing to a crowd, knowing the one person my songs were meant for was miles away from me. Writing songs about her is the best I can do until she comes back because I know we’re not over. We’re just on p
Published July 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Memories of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memories of Us

Start your review of Memories of Us (Rebel Desire, #4)
Fabiola Francisco
May 03, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Memories of Us is LIVE! A second chance standalone mixing the best of both of my worlds—country music and small-towns. Angsty, romantic, and sweet.

“I hope you understand that. I’ll never stop. It’s you or no one. I fucked up. I’m not perfect, even if you thought I was. I’ve been going crazy not knowing where you are. I tried finding you every where, but no one knew or would spill your location. If you think I’ve moved on, you’re wrong. Because this,” he grips his chest, “left with you.”

*Copyrig
Christy Pastore
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Fabiola Francisico has penned yet another beautifully heartfelt, fiesty and sexy read. Memories of Us is an epic second-chance romance with all the feels!!!

The dynamic between Hunter and MacKenzie is brutally angsty. This book is utterly addictive and has some painfully heartbreaking moments for both characters that make you want to reach through the pages and hug them.

I have enjoyed my time with the Rebel Desire crew and getting Hunter's story was a total gift.

Memories of Us is that one countr
Steph's Romance Book Talk
Here is another heartfelt, sweet, caring, angsty second chance love story from the fabulous Fabiola Francisco. Hunter is a songwriter that has a past which haunts him. Mackenzie is that lost love and this is their journey to fixing miscommunications, fixing hearts, and learning to forgive. I did think that there were moments that moved slowly but overall I was completely drawn into this story and their journey.

This specific video review will be included in the July 2018 wrap-up.

For other video
Ally.Always.Reads
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are some books that you start reading and you think “yeah, I want to know what happens next.’ And then there are books that you start and think ‘I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.’
This is that book. I was invested in this book on page one.

Y’all. I kid you not when I say that I didn’t go to sleep until 7 AM because I was reading Memories of Us...
Between the hours of midnight and 7AM, I only did three things: read, listen to Drunk Me by Mitchell Tenpenny on repeat, and stare at the ceiling wh
Richelle Robinson
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-reads-2018

I’ve been looking forward to Hunter’s book for awhile now and it was good. It’s a second chance romance which is one of my favorites. Hunter and Mackenzie were high school sweet hearts who had everything planned for their happily ever after. But things don’t always work out as planned. This story was sad to read at times because you could tell Hunter was hurting so bad with his actions.

Mackenzie can come off as standoffish but when you find out the reasoning it makes perfect sense. I just wante
Stephanie
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With every book by Francisco I fall more and more in love with her stories. With each book I read my favorite couple changes. She has this unique way of writing that makes you feel exactly what each character is feeling. Memories of Us was amazing. This story had the right amount of angst, heartbreak, hope and love to make you root for Hunter and Kenzie.

Hunter--three years ago he messed up and it cost him the love of his life. Now, he's living his dream life but it means nothing without her.

Ken
Joy Novel Thoughts
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Memories of Us is officially my top favorite from Fabiola Francisco! I was quite skeptic going into this because the hero's name is Hunter and that's my sons name, and who wants to read a book where the character has the same their child? I worried needlessly because I was transported to a whole new world where my son didn't exist in my mind while I was between the pages.

Hunter and Kenzie's story was driven by emotional highs and lows, one minute this couple had me in tears and in the next I wa
Naroba
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got an ARC in exchange for a review. Which honestly was a mistake on the author’s part because I SUCK at reviewing.
Nevertheless, here I am. I just finished and I can say I’m pleased.
I loved Hunter. Loved his drive and determination to get what he loved. Loved his willingness to forgive himself.
Mackenzie and I could be friends. Although I’d get physical with the woman. But I loved how stubborn and strong she was.
The pacing of this was perfect. It didn’t go too fast or too slow. I reveled in t
Brittany from Can’t Quit Books
Such a sweet hometown love. These two characters overcame so much heartache and grief from past actions.

Mackenzie seemed to harbor so much anger. She didn't want to forgive and had shut everyone out for the past 3 years.

Hunter had his own set of guilt and anger, but he knew one thing...he loved Mackenzie with all his heart. The only things to make it better was to find Mackenzie and get her back in his arms.

This story was a great read about forgiveness and following your dreams. Their journey
Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is something so great about reading a story in set in a small, county town. It makes me want to pack my bags and move! Memories of Us is definitely one of those stories. Added bonus, it’s a second chance romance! Checking off my favorite troupe!

This is a spin off of the Rebel Desire series, which I’ve been fortune enough to read the last one. It follows Hunter, an aspiring song writer. 3 years ago, after having a fight and evidently break up with Mackenzie, he moves to Nashville. He’s fin
Karen Mc
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

There is no greater love story—nothing as a nostalgic nor as sweet—than a second-chance love story. Memories of Us by Fabiola Francisco calls to the heart, beckoning it, and flooding it with hope and happiness as former friends and lovers are reunited. A sweet and stirring second-chance romance, Memories of Usmade me melt into a puddle of goo as it smooshed my heart. I was SWEPT AWAY!

My heart is anchored to the first person I gave my soul to.

This story is well-written and honest told
Energy
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Swoon*
Highschool sweethearts in small hometown America in a second chance romance.

Three years ago Hunter made a huge mistake when it came to Mackenzie and it's not a mistake she could easily get over. In fact, it tore them apart. But that doesn't mean that Hunter has given up hope because Kenzie is all he's ever wanted in life. So while he's moved to Nashville to live the dream he shared with her, it's not the same because she's not there with him. He doesn't even know where she's been living
Amanda
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I shared this thought on my FB as soon as I finished it, and I feel that it perfectly describes my feelings on this books... "Normally I’m a “Beast” type, but every once in a while I want a “White Knight”... and Hunter is the perfect country white knight in shinning amour. Twang and all. ❤️ Y’all, this girl can write a country love story to make anyone swoon!"

I stick by this completely! Second chance stories always make me anxious, cause I go in wondering "Will they overcome it?" "Can their love
Gwen Pendley
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first book by Fabiola but definitely not my last!!

Right now, one of my favorite tropes is a second chance with the first love and Fabiola knocked this one right out of the park!!

High school sweethearts that had their whole future planned out, until one night. Words that can't be unsaid or unheard. Mackenzie fled and swore her family to secret about her location and has never returned home. Hunter packed up and left to live the life they dreamed of....a life that is empty and void of love. Hu
Alicia
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely could not put this book down. I started it this morning at my sons’ swimming lessons and just finished now while they’re getting ready for bed.

I am a sucker for Kenzie and Hunter. Second-chance romances are my Achilles heel and Memories of Us is now top spot on that list. Reading about their past and how much Hunter fought to get their future back on track was addicting. I honestly could not get enough. Learning about their heartbreak and what ultimately broke them up was gut-wrenc
Leila
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5* A Second chance romance, and another lovely read by Fabiola Francisco.

This is a story about two people who lost their way, but time and distance never diminished their feelings toward one another, whether they wanted to admit it or not. Hunter never truly gave up on Kenzie, and no matter how far away Kenzie was, or how hard she tried, she could never forget about her feelings toward Hunter completely.

It’s not an instant reunion, there’s build up and tension about lost love, mistakes and les
Meagan
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one one of my absolute favorites recently!!! Fabiola did an amazing job on this one!!! I loved how this book was written it had you constantly waiting and wanting more. Hunter and Kenzie’s love is one many dream for! They had years of trials and tribulations but hunter knew he was hers and was going to be with her forever. I was definitely sad when this one was over but loved how it ended!! ❤️💋
Lori Amey
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the sweetest love story I've read in a long time. Hunter and Mackenzie have known each other since they were kids, but circumstances separated them. Their love for each other ran deep and I found myself routing for them. I loved Hunter's heart and how he wasn't afraid to show his emotions. This is a must read, pre-order now.
Mary Dean
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Country music romance fans, this is the book for you! This is the story of high school sweethearts Hunter & Mackenzie. They had plans to follow their dreams together. But one night of bad decisions tears them apart and they go their seperate ways. 3 years later Hunter comes home to see his family and to fix some relationships. The one relationship he can't seem to fix is with the love of his life that got away. He finally catches his break and finds her. And he saves her from a life that she did ...more
Jaime Seal
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabiola has done it again! This book was simple amazing! Hunter has made plenty of mistakes....losing Kenzie is by far his biggest one. Yes his life is going great writing songs for Rebel Hearts, but one thing is missing...Kenzie. He doesn’t know where she’s living, but he’s determined to find her. He is still in love with her. He will do anything to prove to her they’re meant to be together. Hunter and Kenzie’s story is full of angst and feels. It’s a roller coaster of emotions. This is second ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Memories of Us was another emotionally charged, second chance at love story from the amazingly talented Fabiola Francisco that I couldn't put down to save my life. See Hunter made some big mistakes when he was younger that lost him the love of his life, Mackenzie, and he's never recovered from it. Even though he's writing songs, and getting more recognition, he still suffers a great deal alone. Finally, when he's his closest at accepting losing her, he's given an opportunity to face her, and see ...more
Alice
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Memories of Us is another wonderful book by Fabiola Francisco! I finished it and...
Oooh my goodness I just can't stop swooning about it!
The story of Mackenzie and Hunter has it all!
IT'S THE PERFECT SECOND CHANCE LOVE STORY YOU NEED THIS SUMMER! TRUST ME!
Awwwwwww!
Well yeah Mackenzie & Hunter have a common  past and probably a future together?
Hmmm... I won't tell you too much about their whole story because it's on you to find it out!
I don't wanna spoil you! ;)
All I can tell you is that I LOVED T
Rachel
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Only Fabiola Francisco can make a city girl like me fall for a country boy.
This time around, I fell hard for Hunter and his angst-filled passion for MacKenzie.
Despite country-rock-band success, Hunter's life if empty without Kenzie and he sets upon winning her back.
She's shut him out and he needs to find out why or he will be even further broken.
What ensues is a beautifully written love story that pulls on every emotion, full of poetic lyrics.
At the heart of it, I love the premise of this book:
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I recieved this for an honest reveiw...

OMG I just cant even begin to say how much I loved this book... I couldnt have come up with a better second chance romance than this one... There are so many emotions i have about this book..

LOVED LOVED!!!
This author continues to blow me away piece by piece and I just wouldnt have it any other way...

I loved these characters so much... Perfection!!!!
Lindsey Kramer
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I love Fabiola and her writing style. Her characters are beloved by her readers and new fans alike. I’m always excited when a new project comes out. I’m very proud to be one of her beta readers.
Alison
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart Wrenching, Cowboy Stars!!!

I was given this book in turn for an honest review.

Are Memories of the love, Hunter and Mackenzie once shared, all that will remain? Or will they find it in their hearts to forgive and press play once more on their beautiful love story?

Memories of Us is a heart wrenching, beautiful story. Fabiola Francisco has written another wonderfully fascinating, romance story. She has taken two pleasures of life and put them together to create a master piece; writing and m
Pawnie Santana
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When you've already experienced the love of your life but let her slip through your fingers, what do you do? Do you fight for a second chance at love or do you throw the towel because she's moved on?

This was a beautiful, heartbreaking story of two people who fell hard and young but through pain and perseverance, fought their way back to each other. Hunter and Mackenzie's relationship fell apart when Hunter decided to chase his dream without including her in it. It was a mistake that broke Macke
Tara Bryant
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Memories of Us
By Fabiola Francisco

“I drink too much beer and call out her name in my dark apartment, sitting on the floor with my guitar lying next to me after writing a song about what could have been, what was, or what is.”

Love can brighten your life. But losing that love can make your world dark, and lonely.

“It’s hard to swallow that truth. It’s difficult to believe it when it felt so real, so consuming.  It was the only way I could ever move forward—convince myself that what we had in our y
Erin
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
We've all been waiting for Hunter's story and Fabiola didn't disappoint!

Hunter and Kenzie share a romantic history of happiness and dreams that was torn apart by heart breaking circumstance. Both trying to move on but somehow still stuck in that one moment in time.
Hunter is a songwriter struggling to find his balance after he lost her. It isn't until Hunter returns home to face the damage that he decides to take action.

"Im stuck on rewind, staring at memories of us and the life we lost, wonderin
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I don’t know how she does it. Fabiola Francisco just keeps getting better and better. I loved this second chance romance. Hunter is definitely not the giving up type and he finally got his girl. I was so glad when Mackenzie came to her senses. Wonderfully written!

I look forward to Fabiola’s next book!" Natasha

I was captivated throughout. Hunter and Kenzie and standout characters and are given a second chance to get their love right. Hunter has never given up hope, now he needs to convince Kenzi
« previous 1 3 next »
Romance Retreat: MEMORIES OF US Excerpt 1 7 Oct 24, 2018 02:42AM

• The First Lights
  • Wicked Gentleman
  • Gorgeous (Commander in Briefs #2)
  • Commander (Commander in Briefs, #1)
  • Their Runaway Bride (Bridgewater Ménage, #0.5)
  • FarmBoy
  • Pitcher (Commander in Briefs #0.5)
  • Take Me Fast (Bridgewater County, #3)
  • T-Bone (Grade-A Beefcakes #2)
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
  • Rebel Heart (Rebel Love #1)
  • Make Me Yours (Bridgewater County #5)
  • Claim Me Hard (Bridgewater County, #2)
  • Everything I Never Wanted
  • Engagement and Espionage (Solving for Pie: Cletus and Jenn Mysteries Series, #1)
  • No Fox to Give (Swan Lake Mates, #1)
  • Ridorkulous (Dorky Duet #1)
  • Big Bad Fireman's Baby (Firemen of Manhattan #1)
I am an indie author who writes contemporary romance and women's fiction. You'll often find southern gentleman in my books and a love for country music. Coffee fiend and star gazer.

Website | Facebook | Instagram| Reader Group

News & Interviews

“I'm stuck on rewind, staring at memories of us and the life we lost, wondering how I got this wrong.” 4 likes