Start by marking “Reckless Honor (Hornet, #5)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Honor (Hornet, #5)

Reckless Honor

(HORNET #5)

Jean-Luc Cavalier has only ever cared about three things: sex, booze, and the dangerous missions he undertakes with HORNET. Laissez les bons temps rouler is more than a Mardi Gras motto—it’s the way he lives his life. But all that changes the night he rescues Dr. Claire Oliver from deadly mercenaries.

Now he can’t get the gorgeous blond virologist out of his head.

Claire is
Published April 23rd 2018 by Entangled: Amara (first published April 9th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Honor

Fanny
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle

Asi que ... Estoy enamorada. De Jean - Luc. De Claire. De la historia. De todos los personajes de esta saga, no hay ni una sola cosa de estas novelas que no me tenga completamente encantada.

Quizas extrañe que tuviera un par mas de escenas romanticas entre Claire y Jean - Luc pero eso puede ser debido a que mi cursileria alcanza cotas altisimas cuando pienso en esta pareja y tambien porque esta historia ha sido una de las que mas queria leer este año.

Reckless Honor es una novela adictiva, muy ent
Jonetta
When the training mission in Martinique went south in the last book, Jean-Luc Cavalier risked his life for Dr. Claire Oliver and told her to run. She was the target of a deadly group determined to steal her ground-breaking research and samples of Akeso, an anti-virus panacea. Trouble is that Claire has done an excellent job of running and hiding, so much so that Jean-Luc has difficulty finding her. That is until an outbreak is reported in Nigeria and he knows she’s most probably in the thick of ...more
Grecia Robles
4.5 STARS

PopSugar 2019: 34. Un libro con un título de dos palabras

Este es mi libro favorito y obvio tenía que ser de mi personaje favorito Jean Luc.
Desde el principio me conquistó es que es bien PERFECTITO!!! Te derrite con su acento cajún . Es un womanizer, funny alivianado es la parte alegre del equipo a parte que es inteligente y muy sexy.
Necesito un Jean Luc en mi vida RIGHT NOW!!

Claire también me gustó mucho, tenía miedo que no me agradara tanto y no estuviera a la altura de mi Jea
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
My latest obsession seems to be the brainiac/nerdy heroine and the sexy/dangerous Hero trope. So when I saw this cover and read the blurp I was hooked. A virologist being targeted for her ground breaking research and the hot for her former CIA turned private hostage and rescue linguist that follows her across the world to keep her safe? Sign me up!

I loved Claire, she was a strong heroine who wasn’t a damsel in distress, needing to be rescued. She found herself in tight spots but she always mana
Viri
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Soy tan facilota con este tipo de protagonistas... uffff a las tres estoy babeando.

Me gustó mucho MUCHO, pero no superó al de Jesse. En algunas partes de me hizo aburridillo pero nomas poquito.

Jean Luc mi amor lo amo. Fin.

4.5
Tonya Burrows
Apr 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
It's finally time for Jean-Luc! Who's excited?

I adored writing this book, but if you've been following this series from the beginning, you know that Jean-Luc has always been my favorite. He surprised me, though. Under that irreverent playboy shell is a good man with a big heart. I loved seeing him reveal more of it with each chapter!

You really don't want to miss the Ragin' Cajun!
Anita
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, romantic-supense

It all started in Code of Honor in a hotel bar on Martinique with an off key rendition of "If you like Pina Coladas...". Jean-Luc Cavalier, self proclaimed man-whore, has finally met his soul mate, Dr. Clare Oliver. She shot him down like a ballistic missile hitting a target and he was beyond intrigued. Then the night went south with an armed takeover solely to capture Clare an
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

Jean-Luc chases Dr. Claire to Africa and then they fall in love in the middle of an outbreak of a very, very deadly virus and bad guys trying to take her research and kill everyone. Jean-Luc is all kinds of sexy and perfect for Claire.

Now what stupid thing is he (can't tell you who that'd be a spoiler) about to do now? What bug has crawled up Harvard's arse and died? Will Ian and her hook up? Which one will get the next book?
Floripiquita
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Amo a Jean Luc con la fuerza de los mares, me vuelven loca los tipos como él. Su libro y la continuación de su historia con Claire me han gustado mucho, está lleno de escenarios diferentes, escenas de acción trepidantes y giros inesperados marca de la casa, pero me ha faltado más romance, más escenas juntos... En definitiva, MÁS AMOR. Estoy deseando leer el resto de historias de una serie que recomiendo encarecidamente y que no entiendo que aún nadie se haya planteado llevar a la pequeña pantall ...more
I've been a fan of Jean-Luc since the beginning of this series, he's that kind of fun-loving, irresistible ladies man who you just know would break your heart but you can't help falling for anyway. He's charming, funny and would be great company but he's never been one for sticking around in the past. We saw his first meeting with Claire in the previous book, she is the doctor he helped escape from the hostage situation and she is one of the rare women who turned him down flat which of course ma ...more
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FIVE-STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
This cover continues with the darker, edgier, cold and broody feel. While the covers fit the often darker subjects that Ms. Burrows delves into, they are dramatic but flat visually. Unfortunately, if not for the author, I'm not certain I'd stop to read the synopsis. I think I preferred the bolder but dramatic second edition covers better for their eye-catching abilities.
The synopsis for this fifth book promises
Between My BookEndz
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books-read
No one, and I mean no one, can write better adrenaline-fueled bad-assery than Tonya Burrows! Her heroes are flawed, hot, alpha and, well, badass. In this story, the hard-drinking, women-loving, brilliant linguist and “Ragin Cajun” Jean Luc Cavalier gets his front and center to flex his hero muscles and obtain the redemption he feels he needs but doesn’t deserve…

This book picks up from the end of Code of Honor (HORNET #4); although you do not need to read that book before this one, but you will w
Dísir
Jean-Luc Cavalier, like his last name suggests, has been difficult to take seriously in all of Tonya Burrows’s HORNET books I’ve gone through. The voodoo spell on his man bits that had cursed him into celibacy? Jean-Luc the manwhore had always looked like a joke to me and that’s putting it quite kindly. The womanising bastard of a language-expert hasn’t made his mark on me like some other characters in this series have, and I’ll readily admit my own scepticism when the time rolled around for his ...more
Teresa
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of Reckless Honor from Net Galley in exchange for an voluntary and honest review**

Reckless Honor is the fifth book in the Hornet series by Tonya Burrows. I've read three books in her series and even though it was as a stand alone book you can read them in order. But I've been waiting for Jean Luc's story and I wasn't disappointed at all. However, if you read only one book I'd recommend reading Code of Honor as this book picks up where it ends.

Dr. Claire Oliver loves working f
Kari Hansen
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
We first met Claire in Code of Honor when playboy Jean-Luc took one look at Claire and knew that she was it for him. Unfortunately, that evening her partner was killed, Jean-Luc was injured while rescuing Claire and Claire is on the run from the people who want her research.

Two months later Jean-Luc is healed and is on a mission to find Claire even if it has not been cleared by Hornet. He ends up in Nigeria where he ends up imprisoned and everyone around him is dying from a deadly virus and he i
Denise Van plew
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read a couple of this authors books I am always on the look out for them with success once in awhile like this one. Having one of those books been in this series makes this one sweet for sure. When reading about Jean-Luc you can hear the Cajun coming off the pages of this one. Of course it gets even louder when Claire comes into the picture. The heat and the danger combined in this one will curl your toes and have ya pulling your hair out with scrumptious and thrills. The danger is real w ...more
Pat
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Romantic suspense with a roller coaster ride of action, and a deadly virus spreading like wildfire. Jean Luc Cavalier is going against his boss and his HORNET teammates and heading out to protect Dr. Claire Oliver on his own. She’s turned his life and heart upside down. He’ll do anything to save and protect her.......even die. Full review to follow on http://www.tbqsbookpalace.com on May 7th.
Marianchu
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jean Luc es un personaje que siempre me ha gustado. Su carácter alegre y risueño da ese toque divertido a una serie con grandes dosis de violencia. ¿Me ha gustado su historia? Sí, me ha gustado; sobre todo la primera mitad de la novela me ha encantado por lo bien que la autora ha logrado dar continuidad al libro anterior y porque, aun siendo una trama enrevesada y un poco peliculera, Tonya ha conseguido ponerme los pies en la tierra transmitiendo la sensación agobiante y peligrosa en un hospital ...more
Meghan Lloyd
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I took a risk with this book, as I hadn't read the previous books in the series, but I'm really glad I did! It was a fast-paced medical mystery with lots of action, adventure, and steamy romance. I loved the main characters, and even the bad guys had a lot of drama going on behind the scenes. The story had many layers, which really added depth and excitement to the overall story. The author did a great job of bouncing between POVs, so even though I hadn't read the previous books, I was able to g ...more
Monique
Review written: April 9, 2018
Star Rating: ★★★★
Heat Rating: ☀☀☼☼☼

An Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book was received free via Netgalley for an honest review.

Ho-ly cow! Burrows just breaks the HORNET world wide open in Reckless Honor. This book is a huge turning point in the series and I suspect will either make this series much longer or spawn a spin-off series in short order. Reckless Honor takes the storyline from personal and intimate against a larger backdrop (all the books before th
Ayekah
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm delirious. I just finished this book and I'll be lucky if I can form complete sentences. I loved this book! I'm a little in lust with Jean-Luc anyway, that crazy Cajun and this just sent me right over the edge. It's white knuckle kindle gripping ride as Jean-Luc goes after the woman that has captured his heart, Claire Oliver.
This book brings Claire to Nigeria were she's called by a friend she went to school with because of an unknown outbreak of some new strain that is killing people, wiping
Linda Quick
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book!!! Finally, Jean-Luc and Claire get their book! I love the Hornet series and this book is a great addition. Jean-Luc is the ultimate playboy who has been smitten with Claire since they first met in a prior book. When she disappeared in Nigeria, he immediately rushed to try to find her. Unfortunately, he was captured for ransom before he located her. Then, while there, he was infected with a dangerous virus.

Claire, as a talented physician and researcher, was in the region treatin
Charlie
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received Reckless Horner by Tonya Burrows through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is part of the Hornet Series, the fifth in the series. The description says they are stand alone, but I found (after reading it as a stand alone and not reading the first four stories) that I missed half the plot. The action had already started, the relationship had already started and you are just dropped in the middle.
With that aside the book was very good. Claire is a virologist who is working
Bette Hansen
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy your books fast paced, action packed, with a fun steamy romance look no further. That's exactly what this book is. Whether you have read previous HORNET books or not, you'll enjoy Jean-Luc's story. Always the joking playboy, Jean-Luc finds himself inexplicably drawn to Dr. Claire Oliver. He's finally tracked her down in Nigeria and realizes she's in real danger. Well actually she found him and he needs her to save him. Now that he has her he plans on keeping her and keeping her safe ...more
Yomi M.
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was such a fantastic romantic suspense read. There were moments when I did not know how Tonya was going to make things work for Claire and Jean-Luc. I also loved seeing all the past characters and how they all worked together like the family that they are.

I can't wait to see what else Tonya has in store for us!

Urvashi
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Claire is running for her life, when a friend asks her for help. On her friends behest, she ends up trying to save the people of a village near the Niger Delta who are slowly dying because of a deadly virus.
When Jean-Luc helped Claire escape Martinique, he promised her to would find her and keep her safe. And to keep that promise he disobeyed orders and landed up on Nigeria. And now he has been kidnapped by militants and is infected by the deadly virus that has zero mortality rate.
Reckless Hon
Heather andrews
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jean-Luc I found to be adorable, I mean you're not supposed to describe a manly-man as adorable but Jean-Luc just was, “right. Alors pas. I’ve been frustrated …to say the least…and the cork popped when I touched you.” There were times Jean-Luc didn't like have to have patience, “uh-uh.” She held up a hand as he prowled toward her. “Bath first.” He scowled at the tub like it had just insulted his mother, then sighed dramatically." I liked this book, I fellin love with Jean-Luc.
Tami
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5

Kind of "Outbreak"meets Jason Bourne. Excellent romantic suspense, however it was obviously part of a series. This book can function on it's own, but there is a lot of mention of other book's characters and their plots. If you haven't read the other books, then that eventually gets very annoying.
Deanna Campbell
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book Jean- Luc is my new book boyfriend. Can't wait for the rest of the series Tonya Burrows is my favorite author.
A
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was action packed from the beginning until the end. I loved it. Reckless Honor had lots of suspense and swoon worthy romance. I could not put the book down. I can’t wait for the next book!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Warrior (Crossfire, #5)
  • Embattled Ever After (Lost and Found #5)
  • The Transporter (Hudson Kings #1)
  • No Way Out (TREX #2.5)
  • Dirty Little Christmas (Marisela Morales/Dirty, #3)
  • Deadly Target (The IAD Agency Series Book 3)
  • SEALed With A Kiss: Heroes With Heart
  • Max and Hope: A Red Team Wedding Novella (Red Team #9.5)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • A Spy for Christmas
  • Bond of Love (Letters From Home, #3)
  • Love is in the Air
  • Escape Out of Darkness (Maggie Bennett, 1)
  • Gone to Dust (Gravediggers #2)
  • Deliberate Deceptions (Hauberk Protection, #3)
  • Steal My Heart (Washington Memorial Hospital, #2)
  • Initiation (Master Class, #1)
  • Dangerous Dozen Romantic Suspense Boxed Set
Tonya Burrows wrote her first romance at age 13 and hasn't put down her pen since. Originally from a small town in Western New York, she suffers from a bad case of wanderlust and usually ends up moving someplace new every few years. As of now, she lives in the Pacific Northwest with The Boyfriend, a diva schnoodle, a plucky pug-mix, and #writercat.

When she's not writing about hunky military heroe

HORNET (5 books)
  • SEAL of Honor (HORNET, #1)
  • Honor Reclaimed (HORNET, #2)
  • Broken Honor (HORNET, #3)
  • Code of Honor (HORNET, #4)