Start by marking “Ice on Fire (Treble and the Lost Boys #1)” as Want to Read:
Ice on Fire (Treble and the Lost Boys #1)

Ice on Fire

(Treble and the Lost Boys #1)

Zac Cinder is on the verge of making his dream come true. His punk rock band, Inferno, might have a shot at an audition for a record deal. Fame and fortune would mean he could finally help his parents. They'd raised eight kids in a loving household while barely scraping by, so Zac is determined to give back in any way he can.

Keeping Inferno together, though, means keeping
Published April 27th 2018 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Ice on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice on Fire

Start your review of Ice on Fire (Treble and the Lost Boys #1)
DarienMoya
So I got this book to review a few months back and I’m finally getting to it.

First the writing isn’t bad but the execution is fucking horrible.

We have Adrian who suffers from severe anxiety and panic attacks and can barely function when he leaves his apartment. He comes from money so his dad is an asshole and overbearing and with that Adrian can’t afford to be gay. That’s until he meets Zac and the two hit it off.

He gives up everything for Zac and the two rush into a relationship that they both
Truuss Loveislovereview
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2018
Zac and Adrian

Adrian has it hard in life, his anxiety blows him of his feet every time again.
He knows how to find release and nobody else knows!
Especially his father not! That awful man!! His standard has to be his sons standard and worse! Forcing Adrian to do things he really don't want to.
There was a moment I couldn't handle the man anymore and wanted to throw my iPad through the window. But I'm a biter so I swallowed and read further.
Adrian admirers one man.. a musician.

Zac lives his life p
Jayne
Dec 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I usually stick to the “if you can’t say anything nice…” rule but very occasionally a book comes along that makes me feel deeply uneasy, and Ice On Fire is it. I don’t usually write such a long review but this one left a nasty taste and I want to explain why. (Potential spoilers.) It was nearly a DNF but I couldn't really write a review if I had. so here goes.

The one star is for the technical competence. It’s okay. Not great, but forgivable.

World-building.

I haven’t read anything else by this a
Line
Mar 15, 2019 marked it as probably-not-but-freebie  ·  review of another edition
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Treble-Lo... ...more
Becca
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the few other books in this series. I need to read the rest. This book was no different in that it was just as good as the others I've read. Heartfelt, emotional, brutal in some cases. It shows the harsh realities that some live in, and even though we've grown as a nation, to a point, it's still just as bigoted as ever. And the need to hide becomes worse. It's so sad people are like that.

Zac is working his butt off. Being in two different bands, working and going to school. But he refuse
Emily Seelye
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc, musicians
Zac and Adrian are aware of each other because one of Zac’s musical groups regularly plays at the club in Adrian’s apt complex. It’s not until they end up taking a class together and end up partners that they have any interaction.

They each have reasons to be closeted, so they spend a lot of free time together “working on their project”. Unfortunately Adrian’s dad walks in on them, and cuts him off, so they end up living together.

They have some ups and downs, including a short break up, but ult
Jay
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, kebb
Set in a fictional world, Ice on Fire by G.R. Lyons, begins the new series - Treble and the Lost Boys. Ice on Fire is an opposites attract, poor versus wealthy, and outgoing contrasts recluse story, where love triumphs over impossible odds, and depicts real life situations that engage and entrap as events unfold.

Zac Cinder is a college student who has dreams of becoming a rock star, along with his presumably best mates of Inferno. On the side, he also performs as a violinist for the elite as a
R
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Adrian is afraid of everything. He takes medication so he can go out in public. (view spoiler) The only time he leaves his apartment is to go to school and to watch his favorite band. His father totally rules his life. Making every decision for him. If his father knew he was gay, it would be a disaster.

Zac works full time and is in two bands. Inferno, a punk rock group on the verge of making it big and Treble, a fusion group w
Claudia
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Nephylim Nephylim
I am not one to give five star reviews to every book I like. In my mind anything above a 3.5 really has to be earned. To get a five star a book has to be truly exceptional and world changing for me and this book doesn’t quite hit that mark. It comes close, though, so it has definitely earned its 4.5
I loved this book, simple as. Given it’s set in another world, it doesn’t have a sci fi feel. Yes, there are touches, like the fact that the car drives itself, and the police and criminal justice syst
Anne Barwell
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
Although this story takes place in another world I wouldn’t class the story itself as fantasy as there were no fantasy elements in the story, apart from the suspicion that another character might be a mage—so I suspect others in the series might be more fantasy driven—and the setting of another world. I thought setting what would have worked well as a contemporary in another world was a brilliant idea as it meant the author was free to world build and use settings and a history that isn’t ours. ...more
Sarah Sutton
Jun 15, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, lgbt, lgbtq
Debbie Bookers
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author has amazed me again. He’s a definite must buy immediately for my book collections. I love how this author writes about real life issues that tug at my heartstrings. He really tells a story with real-life problems, consequences for their choices (good or bad) and has solutions with usually happy endings. Warning, this book does have self-harm and can be a trigger for some people. The way G.R. describes each character and the way they feel, I find myself holding my breath for them or c ...more
Amy Dufera
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by GR Lyons. I am so glad I gave it a chance. It was a wonderful story.

Zac is a college student who dreams of becoming a rock star. He fights hard for this dream because he needs money to help out his family. But, to stay in his band, he needs to hide the fact that he is gay. And is doing so, he is hurting himself mentally and physically. He is lucky to still be alive.

Adrian is an extremely shy college student who is basically a recluse. He is completely contro
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Ice on Fire is the first book in the new series, Treble and the Lost Boys. Set in the same world as the Shifting Isles series, it can nevertheless be read without any prior knowledge of that series.

Zac is leading a double life - he is the violinist in Treble, and the guitar player in Inferno. He can't tell his longtime friend in Inferno that he plays violing as they will see it as 'gay'. So he definitely can't tell them that he is, in fact, gay too. So he pretends, and hates every minute of it.
Kirk
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story takes place in a fictional world, and I rarely pick up anything other than stories with a contemporary setting. I was glad I did with this one as it was a veritable treat.

I was pulled into the story right from the start and the setting of the tale was so interesting and different, almost pulling you into this other world that was quite familiar at times, but then wasn’t and I loved the authors description of this place, because the more I read the more I wanted to know.

The two MC’s, Z
Faye K
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.. A Fantastic story that I loved, written brilliantly with scenes with emotion. I loved how both MCs finally meet. The chemistry between them was beautiful and I loved the super sexy scenes between them with them having an eliminate of Dom and Sub spankings.  I really Disliked Adrian's controlling father which is an understatement. Adrian really needed to say No to him. This book is never boring with storylines leading to their struggle. There time definitely wasn't easy and this book includ ...more
Carol Dawn
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
🕊️I loved this book. It had such a great story line. This is my first book by this author. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what else Lyons has out there for me to read.

There were a couple times I watched to reach in the book and strangle the life right out of Zac. 😤

💖 The chemistry between Zac and Adrian was intense. And when Adrian found himself in a bad spot Zac took care of him. We new long before they did that what they were feeling was love.

⚠️⚠️⚠️There are scenes of self harm. I
Violet  Marshall
Apr 27, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the first book in The Treble And The Lost Boys Series. The writing was okay but unfortunately this book didn’t work for me. It’s not that it was a bad book it’s that the some of the storyline I just didn’t care for. It was hard to get past my own preferences on certain events throughout the book to enjoy the story. This doesn’t include the self-harm portions. I have read this sort of event before and though I don’t care to read about such sad things. I do see the purpose of including suc ...more
Ann
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a well written story. Firstly we have Zac who is a student with only one semester to go until he gets his degree. He is self financing working a part time job plus he plays in a rock band then also plays in a trio called Treble which is where he finds he has an admirer. The man sits in the back of the room just watching and disappears at the end of the performance.
Adrian is a student who enjoys watching an amazing group called Treble. It is his only pleasure being totally under his
Texann
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely fell in love with Adrain and Zac’s story and them individually. Even though I’ve never faced anything like what they had to Lyons’s manages to get you to connect with them. And oh I love their bedroom dynamic I would say the only draw back is I would have loved to see that even after their ending :) . Without giving a spoiler I would have liked a little bit of an after or bonus scene after ending but otherwise loved the conclusion and am very much look forward to the next book. This ...more
Maggie Lane
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Emotional Beautifully Written Story
Yet again G.R. Lyons did not fail to produce another quality piece of literature. Such an emotional and poignant story about two guys whose paths cross, Adrian, who has so many issues from being mentally abused by his father all his life and Zac who thinks he is so far in the closet he will never find the door out. My heart ached for Adrian and the mental anguish he endured all alone and was hoping desperately that they could both overcome their demons and t
Lori
So I gave this book a begrudging 3 stars because even though it pissed me off I still got some enjoyment out of it. The main characters definitely shouldn't have been in the living arrangements they were in due to the fact that Zac, one of the MCs, was kind of a douche. Even though he helped Adrian, the other MC, he treated him like dogshit when his friends were around.

It was hard to read, but still well-written. The world building was odd, because the things that made it just the tiniest bit f
Kathy
Jan 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story, beautiful, realistic characters

I love it when I try a new to me author and they exceed my expectations astronomically. This was a wonderful story, set in what seems to be a world formed after some kind of apocalypse. There wasn’t too much world building in the book, it may be that the author has introduced this world before. Zac is my ideal character, a punk/goth/emo young man with a prodigious musical talent. He plays guitar in a punk group and violin in a classical fusion trio
Esther Alayeto
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
An emotional story of two total opposites who are attracted to one another. Zac/Blaze and Adrian are wonderful characters and sparks fly when they finally meet. There are a lot of roadblocks that they need to get through and conquer in order to get any kind of a shot at a relationship and an HEA. There are quite a few issues in this story that are difficult to read about but the author did a wonderful job.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Kenzi Bond
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Powerful read with deep emotions. There were times I found myself wanting to reach into the pages to hold Adrian and comfort him because his pain and anxiety were so real. At the same time, I wanted to shake Zac and slap some sense into him. This was a wonderful read and the was storyline engaging. The only thing I didn’t understand, was it is set in a fictional world yet it didn’t really impact on the storyline. I will be reading more novels by this author.
Valerie
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
The road for Zac and Adrian was a rough one and while I enjoyed the journey, it isn't without its rough patches. Both of the men aren't out, both are worried how their families will react to the news, but it's their relationship, the issues both are dealing with, along with the miscommunication at times that bog down the story. It's an emotional roller coaster and a reader should be prepared for that.
Pat
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

I loved this. Full of emotion, anxiety, angst, coming to terms with sexuality, homophobic friends. Love, loss, self harm. A brilliant story based in an alternate universe. The story of Zac and Adrian was compelling to read. This is my first book by this author and I'm looking forward to the next one in this series.
cupcakes and bookshelves
This is a new author me, and I love reading something by someone new to me especially books like this one. It was passionate, intense, painful.... I immediately fell in love with these two boys and this book. It was beautifully written, hard to read at times, but I loved it so much.
Bretton Coppedge
Very enjoyable

Their were some minor continuity issues and hints of TSTL but this book so enjoyable that I rushed through it without coming up for air. If writing a book this engrossing is not a sign of a great author, then I don't know what is.

• Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Slow Hand (Perfect Hands, #4)
  • Firm Hand (Perfect Hands, #1)
  • Just a Bit Dirty (Straight Guys, #10)
  • Obsessed (The Protectors #13)
  • Healing Hand (Perfect Hands, #5)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Mr. Frosty Pants (Home for the Holidays, #1)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Training Season (Training Season, #1)
  • Danger Zone (The Elite, #1)
  • Free Hand (Irons and Works, #1)
  • Finding Master Right
  • Joey (Joey, #1)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Mister Bridesmaid
  • Secret Admirer
  • Farris (Training Days #4)
While daylighting as office manager for the family auto repair business, G.R. Lyons can often be found working on one of multiple manuscripts or desperately trying to keep up with the TBR pile.

Anarcho-capitalist, quietly 'out' trans guy, former belly dancer, coffee guzzler, highly-sensitive introvert, CrossFit enthusiast, and lover of m/m romantic fiction.

Treble and the Lost Boys (3 books)
  • Heavens Aground (Treble and the Lost Boys #2)
  • Illumined Shadows (Treble and The Lost Boys #3)

News & Interviews