Start by marking “Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 1)

Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe:

( The Little Duck Pond Cafe #1)

Fleeing from a romance gone wrong, Ellie Farmer arrives in the pretty little village of Sunnybrook, hoping for a brand new start that most definitely does not include love! Following an unscheduled soak in the village duck pond, she meets Sylvia, who runs the nearby Duck Pond Café. Renting the little flat above the café seems like the answer to Ellie's prayers. It's only ...more
Published March 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe

Start your review of Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 1)
Dash fan
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 A Charming, feel good read, that I fell in love with!

First of all I want to start by saying this is one of my favourite spring covers so far.
It's gorgeous and makes me smile!

Spring at The Little Duck Pond Café is the first book in a fabulous new series. I am very excited about!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this delightful short story. It made me laugh out loud so many times, it warmed my heart, bought back memories of my Aunt and her Alzheimer's, I loved all the wonderful quirky characters and
Whispering Stories
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

Ellie Farmer is in Sunnybrook, Surrey, taking photos for her mum who has Alzheimer’s, as her mum grew up in the area and Ellie is hoping to jog her memory with pictures of some of the local places. The little village is lovely, and the residents are even nicer. Something that Ellie quickly realises when she falls into the duck pond.

Sylvia runs the ‘Duck Pond Café’ and helps Ellie in her hour of need with a change of clothes, a warm drink and a
DJ Sakata
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

… all the bravado drains out of me, leaving me feeling like a balloon three days after the party.

After all, they do say the joy of being a grandparent is that you can hand the little terror back at the end of the day . . .

My Review:

While reading, I vacillated in how to rate this slowly developing and somewhat bittersweet tale about a small British village, where each of the main characters appears to be in a transitional stage in their lives. The premise was relevant and the
Rachel (Rae)
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was a real delight I really enjoyed getting to know Ellie and the lovely people who live in Sunnybrook. It's only a short story but in that time you meet Ellie who is having a terrible time of it what with family and romantic issues. That's where The Little Duck Café comes in and provides a break that is just what Ellie needs. The length of the story meant I read this book over one evening even though it is a shorter length I didn't feel like the story was rushed which was perfect.

Bena Roberts
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
My Review Spring at The Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green

A sweet romance story. Extremely digestible and not too long-winded.

The Good
A sweet family story, love the mum dementia angle and cozy cafe and cakes. The characters were delightful and Zac the dreamer type of man you could fall in love with.

The Bad
No sex for sex sake!

The Ugly
Dementia is ugly. I did like the way that the author referred to The Thing. I think all woman do that I remember calling someone monster toad for a long time!

An
Karen Mace
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this to be such fun to read! The characters were adorable, as was the setting, and the book managed to pack so much in considering it is only really a novella! I'm desperate for more installments!!

We first meet Ellie as she's plucking up the courage to climb a tree!! What a way to start a book! But you soon find out there's a good reason for her mission and the lengths she goes to help her mum who has early onset Alzheimers, is admirable and just makes you love her even more! Ellie is
Xerxia
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
The good stuff first - this is a charming little book, a quick read and reasonably well edited.

The less good stuff - the book attempts to be too many things and doesn’t quite accomplish any of them.

The protagonist is Ellie (I finished this story 20 minutes ago and had to look up her name, that says a lot right there) who ends up in a cute little English village when her city life goes down the toilet in the most overused cliched way possible (sidebar - that she refers to the OW as ‘Thing’ is
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2020
OMG, what a delight to finally see where it all began! To see Ellie in the aftermath of her break up with Richard. How she first meet Zak and Maisie! Oh and off course, Sylvia and meeting Rose! I am going to sound so sloshy but my heart just sang. I will admit cried too!

I absolutely adore this series, and I will admit it’s so nice to be back with one of the original girls. Don’t get me wrong I do love Madison, Katja and Primose but there is something so special about Ellie, Fen and Jaz. This
BreeAnn (She Just Loves Books)
What I Loved: The charming conversations in this cozy story made this book so lovable. I loved the way Ellie thinks with funny things like “Oh nightmare!”

How I Felt: I loved the characters in this book. Sylvia is probably my favorite character actually and I would love to see more of her in another book (and maybe I will get to since this is a series). Ellie is a bit of a hot mess with all the things going wrong in her life and I appreciated her character flaws that came with these issues. The
Andrea Guy
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Spring At The Little Duck Pond Cafe was a simple sweet romance/small town story. It's the first book in a series and its a pleasant bit of escapism for anyone that likes clean romances. OK, its not 100 % a romance, though there is something brewing with Ellie and Zack.

Ellie ends up in Sunnybrook in hopes of helping her mother, but has also found a new life there, almost by accident when she meets Sylvia after falling into the duck pond.

She's dealing with a failing relationship and the failing
Kayla
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Two thumbs up! Ellie was easy to relate to, especially with her nicknaming certain pieces or people in her life - Thing. Haha The story had so much to offer and I was amazed of everything tucked in between the pages for a novella. I want to go to Sunnybrook and visit the Little Duck Pond Cafe! A quick and delightful read over my holiday break!
Pat Langhelt
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read look forward to next one
Misfits farm
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ellen needs a break. Her so called boyfriend has had a one night stand and she kicked him out. On deciding to forgive him, he said he didn’t want to come back. They had bought a house together and were planning a family so this has brought Ellen’s world to come crashing down. Her mother has early onset Alzheimer's and so to cheer herself and her mother up, Ellen decides to visit her Mum’s old stamping ground and take some pictures for her memory book. What transpires from this visit changes ...more
Donna Maguire

I loved the blurb for this one and as soon as I saw the cover I fell in love!

It is a fairly light hearted read that really warmed me and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing style flowed so well and the pace was spot on, it is a great plot and I read it in a few hours. The characters are great and I really loved the interaction between them, it really brought the story to life. The Duck Pond Café and the little village is most definitely a place that I
Christie72
~4.5 Stars~

Spring at the Little Duck Pond Café by Rosie Green is one of those charming reads that pulls you in and doesn’t let you escape until the last page is finished.

Poor Ellie Farmer has had a bad time of it lately. She discovers her long-time boyfriend whom she thought she would be living a great life with has committed the ultimate betrayal. Even worse, her mother has been recently diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s. She has traveled to the village of Sunnybrook to take a picture that
Yvonne
If you are after a quick read for a lovely warm afternoon in the garden, then look no further than Spring at The Little Duck Pond Cafe. I don’t know about you but, if I see a book with a cafe mentioned, the impression of a welcoming community and a mysterious stranger… then yep I am more than likely to give it a read! This book had all that and then, some fabulous characters, a good amount of humour and a great way to the start of a wonderful sounding series.

The Little Duck Pond Cafe would be a
Julie Morris
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew I was going to enjoy this cute little novella as soon as the author started talking about knickers when we had only got no further than the beginning of Chapter Two. I can easily get onboard with a writer who isn’t afraid to shoehorn wet undies into a book early on for the sake of laughs!

Humour was one of the strongest thread running through this story, along with romance and friendship, so it was an easy book to take to quickly. You are going to get exactly what you expect from the cover
Andrea
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I fell for Ellie right out of the gate because she manages to get herself into all kinds of embarrassing scrapes in the first few minutes of the story. I felt like we were kindred spirits. And then her life really starts to fall apart when she realizes she has to break things off with her cheating boyfriend. Plus her mother is suffering from early onset Alzheimer's and Ellie is understandably struggling with that. I don't have the misfortune of a recently cheating boyfriend, but I did recently ...more
B.R. Maycock
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the story of the Ellie Farmer who is visiting the village of Sunnybrook for personal reasons and realises that she has fallen in love with the place. And I have to say, I fell in love with it too!

From the quirky cafe (renovation alert-you know I love big renovation projects!), to the ‘artisan’ bakery, to the gorgeous little duck pond itself, to the great cast of characters, I was so taken with this book and thrilled to a) be part of the blog tour that promotes it and b) see it was part
Suze Lavender
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ellie needs a change of scenery. After a bad breakup she's ready for something new. That's how she ends up in Sunnybrook, a wonderful small town. There she meets Sylvia, the owner of the Duck Pond Cafe. Sylvia offers her friendship and a place to stay, which is exactly what Ellie needs. Ellie can rent the small flat above the café, but there's one condition, she has to share it with Sylvia's family members occasionally when they visit. When Ellie says yes she has no idea that Sylvia has one ...more
Kathy
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
What a delight. This is just fun and clean. It will make you smile, and make you hope now and then that things are going to work out as you wish. All of that’s wrapped up in a very quick read. This is a cozy with sweet characters and funny moments.

My description sounds as if this is fluff but the truth is, this cute, sweet book also touches on some deep problems many of us face with family and friends. It isn’t sad except it has its touching moments. Some “swallow hard” moments.

This is Book 1 of
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a perfect weekend relaxation read. It is a beautiful, gentle story about loss and healing and learning to open one's heart to new possibilities.
The characters are endearing, the setting charming. I wish I had a feisty Sylvia in my life.

Spring at the Little Duck Pond Cafe is a book about changes - in life, in circumstances, in hearts.
Ellie had dreams for her own future but her mother's early onset Alzheimer's dementia and Ellie's boyfriend's betrayal play a role in derailing those
Alix Kelso
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The gorgeous cover of this book had me hooked and I couldn't resist reading - and I was so pleased when the story turned out to be lovely. Ellie finds herself moving to a new village following a romantic break-up and contemplating beginning a new life. I love these types of stories but this one was extra enjoyable because it was well-written and the main character, Ellie, was just lovely. The budding romance storyline was a good one and the secondary characters added a lot of fun, and I only ...more
Christine Woinich
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet story, introducing a lot of characters around town. Ellie was trying to find the strength to move beyond her broken heart. I loved her devotion to her mother as well as how quickly she grew to love Sunnybrook and its residents. Zak was a troubled soul, trying to find his way forward. His love for his family and neighbors was wonderful, even though he tried to control his heart. I look forward to reading more in this series.

I received a copy of this story through Goddess Fish
Sharon
Thank you to Netgalley and the author for this review copy, given in exchange for an honest review. Also thank you to Rachel from Rachel’s Random Resources for organising the Blog Tour and giving me the opportunity to be part of it.

Ellie Farmer is running away from her cheating boyfriend, Richard. She’s also looking after her mum, who has just been diagnosed with early onset dementia. When she visits the little village of Sunnybrook to take some photos for her mum’s memory book, she falls in
Carol Thomas
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This lovely novella provided a wonderfully entertaining read that made me smile a lot. I’ve read some novellas that feel too short or light on plot but this certainly wasn’t one of them. I loved it and it had me hooked throughout (no duck pun intended).

The characters were likeable, believable and warm, and the setting was gorgeous. I fancy a trip to the Little Duck Pond Café myself! I am looking forward to the next in the series.
Baby girl
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and heart warming story. I personally know first hand what it's like to have a parent suffer from dementia. The heartache Ellie felt every time her mom, Rose forgot a memory or her past, was exactly what I went through with my dad. Dad went to heaven going on a year this December, but he is always remembered. Thank you for including this part of the story in your book. I am so glad that Ellie, Zac, Maisie, Rose, Mick and Sylivia had a happy ending.
Jeanne Johnston
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Harmless, but Ellie is as bland a heroine as you could imagine (I pictured her as Chummy from Call the Midwife from the start, all awkward and with zero self esteem). Zak is hardly around enough to fall for him, and I couldn't help but think the tertiary characters needed to be fleshed out more as well.

Lacked the editing misses that always drive me nuts, which was a plus, though.
Colin Bell
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that I've read, a lovely escape into a dream world in a small community albeit with a touch of reality with Ellie's mother's condition.
The only downside is that it's only a short book so I just had to order the next two in the series (plus pre-order the fourth)
mois reads
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ellie

What a lovely read this is allied story and how she came to be at Sunnybrook and the little duck pond cafe after a disastrous love affair gone wrong and a mother who has early signs of dementia Ellie finds it hard to trust again but she finds Zac who gives her the chance to trust again and her mam rose finds herself with the help of Sylvia .5 STARS.

• Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Two: Sparks Fly
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part One: A Reunion
  • A Wedding on Lily Pond Lane
  • Return to Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #6)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Trick or Treat: Part Four (Lily Pond Lane, #4)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Four: Starry Skies
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - New Beginnings: Part One (Lily Pond Lane, #1)
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Autumn Leaves: Part Three (Lily Pond Lane, #3)
  • Secret Wishes and Summer Kisses on Lily Pond Lane
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - Summer Secrets: Part Two (Lily Pond Lane, #2)
  • Coming Home to Merriment Bay: Part Three: Christmas
  • Christmas on Lily Pond Lane (Lily Pond Lane, #5)
  • Christmas at Wynter House (Wyntersleap series Book 1)
  • Ninety Days of Summer (Goldebury Bay Book 1)
  • Christmas at the Little Cornish Gift Shop
  • Ninety Days to Christmas (Goldebury Bay Book 3)
  • Ninety Steps to Summerhill (Goldebury Bay Book 2)
  • The Birthday on Lovelace Lane: More fun and frolics with the street's residents (Lovelace Lane, Book 6)

The Little Duck Pond Cafe (9 books)
  • Summer at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • Christmas at The Little Duck Pond Cafe
  • Snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 4)
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 5)
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 6)
  • Bonfires & Hot Chocolate at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 7)
  • A Winter Wedding at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 8): A heart-warming tale of love, family and friendship
  • The Little Duck Pond Cafe (4 Book Series)