Start by marking “The Midwife and The Lindworm” as Want to Read:
The Midwife and The Lindworm

The Midwife and The Lindworm

The Midwife has worked on her share of unusual births over the years—from foxes to royalty to the Gods themselves. One of the stranger births she assisted was a queen who delivered twins: one a boy, the future king, and one a serpent, known as The Lindworm.

Now, almost twenty years later, the queen has called upon The Midwife again—this time, to rid the castle of The Lindwo
Published May 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Midwife and The Lindworm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Midwife and The Lindworm

Start your review of The Midwife and The Lindworm
Leontiy Cristea
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A queer, inclusive take on the standard fairy-tale formula, this short story is utterly charming, witty, and far, far too short: it's impossible to meet the Midwife and not want to join her on more of her adventures.

This story has heart and humour and is, simply put, a lovely little tale, the likes of which we need far, far more of in the genre.
Jennie Ivins
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites, reviews
Excellent short story staring one of my new favorite characters The Midwife! She's a no nonsense old woman with more common sense than tack and a talent for getting herself and others out of unusual situations. This is actually the second of The Midwife stories I've read. The first is part of a yet to be published book series also by A. A. Freeman.

The Midwife and The Lindworm is short and sweet, with great characters, snappy dialog, and a interesting new take on a classic fairy tale. Can't wait
Jenna
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it when characters in a fantasy setting still have a real voice and their interactions feel natural. Lots of subtle nuance hidden in the dialogue, blink and you might miss it. I want to know more about The Midwife, can't wait to hear more about her past and where she's headed next. Excellent short story, left me craving more from this author.
Clare Freeman
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining story with clever characters and a fun plot. A witty fairy tale for all.
Adam Pannell
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great fairytale with just the right amount of twistedness.
ANN T
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great new series!

Loved the writing and storyline. The characters came immediately to life as did the stage for the story. Filled my head with great visuals, which for me is the key to storytelling. Looking forward to The Midwife’s next adventure and other writings by this author. Highly recommend!
Tatiana Valada
After knowing this story is a norwegian fairy tale I was really curious about it. Although it's a good story, with some weird characters and creepy descriptions, I was hopping for a different Lindworm and a "darker ending".
Joni Biniaz
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE this story!

AA Freeman is a born storyteller. The Midwife and The Lindworm is funny, unique, and unforgettable. Peoples (and wormed!) with sharp, witty characters that I hope to meet again very soon. This is brilliant fantasy, a perfect feast of a tale! ❤️❤️❤️
iam
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great short story with an amazing sense of humor. I never thought I'd call a character called "The Midwife" badass, but here I am - she is badass.
Emily
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a cool premise!
Allison
The Midwife is a great character. She's completely without fear and incredibly witty. A great take on this lesser-known fairy tale.
Lyndsey
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

A very nice short read to pass the time. I’ll definitely be coming back to this whenever I need something to read.
N
May 01, 2018
Bríd
May 04, 2018

• Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • The Cybernetic Tea Shop
  • Doctor Strange by Mark Waid, Vol. 3: Herald
  • Doctor Strange by Mark Waid, Vol. 4: The Choice
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 1
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 3
  • Jim Henson's The Dark Crystal: Creation Myths, Volume 2
  • The Unwinding of the Miracle: A Memoir of Life, Death, and Everything That Comes After
  • Above the Clouds
  • Mare Internum
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • The Truffle Underground: A Tale of Mystery, Mayhem, and Manipulation in the Shadowy Market of the World's Most Expensive Fungus
  • The Sound of Stars
  • Can't Escape Love (Reluctant Royals, #2.6)
  • A Match Made in Mehendi