Start by marking “Double Down (All In Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Down (All In Duet, #2)

Double Down (All In Duet #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  758 Ratings  ·  276 Reviews
The stunning conclusion to the All In Duet...
In Vegas, there was one man who was off limits. One man... and I fell for him.

I knew there were risks. Still, I played the game. When Dario Capece called, I answered. When he beckoned, I came. When he broke all my rules, I looked the other way.

I knew there were risks. I just never realized they included death.

Note: This book
ebook, 1st Edition, 259 pages
Published June 18th 2018

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI am always a little afraid of being disappointed when it comes to sequels, especially when I enjoyed the first book so much. I worry it isn't going to live up to its predecessor, or the author is going to take the characters in a direction I don't like. So I was a bit nervous going into this book. I needn't have been though because I enjoyed book two just as much as I enjoyed the first.

The writing remained outstanding. It was well paced (for the most part). There was a small bit around three-qu
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

What a ride, I didn't know what to expect from Double Down.When I finished Even Money I was wondering what will happen in this one, and omg I was surprised and impressed with Alessandra's
writing!Double Down is a story packed with suspense,twists and a hot romance.

description

Dario and Bell's has to deal with many things in order to have their happy ending.Their love for each other is strong and powerful.They were intense,passionate and steamy.I just wish I had more of their romance in this one, but
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Disappointing Stars
Olga therebelreader
This was a really good romantic suspense. It was superbly written with believable, well rounded characters, sex scenes that were off the charts hot, an exciting suspenseful and interesting storyline that kept me engrossed with moments of drama, conspiracy, betrayal and passion.
I really liked Dario and Bell a lot! Their sexual encounters were hot! Besides the sweet, hot romance between these two, this story has a lot of suspense, action, danger, steamy sex, and intrigue.
Definately a great read...
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
So this is going to be one of those reviews that are really hard to write, but let's try.

After finished reading Even Money, I kid you not, I was desperate to read Double Down, that ending left me breathless so the moment it hit my kindle I dived into it. Unfortunately for me, it was not what I was expecting.

The intensity from the first book got lost somewhere between Louisiana and Las Vegas, meaning that I didn't get that heart-pounding feeling I got while reading Even Money. This book felt ru
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
This is the fervently awaited conclusion to EVEN MONEY.

After the cliffhanger in Even Money I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. And the author didn't disappoint at all.

Double Down was by far more suspenseful than even I could have imagined. Even though the romance took a back seat in the first half to the book, the events that were unraveling in front of me kept me turning pages with anticipation and giddiness. I was witness to a story that had twists and turns on every corner.
Zoe
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sinister, suspenseful, and passionate!

Double Down is a twisty, smoldering tale that picks up right where Even Money left off, taking us back to Vegas where murder is still fresh, corruption is still rampant, girls are still missing, evil is still prevalent, and long-hidden secrets are about to be unearthed.

The prose is incisive and tight. The characters are resourceful, vulnerable, and tenacious. And the plot told from multiple POVs is a fast-paced, engaging mix of corruption, friendship, family
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
It's live! #romanticsuspence

Read Book 1 (Even Money): alessandratorre.com/all-in/

Purchase Double Down:

Amazon: alessandratorre.com/ddaz/

iBooks: alessandratorre.com/ddib/

Nook: alessandratorre.com/ddnk/

Kobo: alessandratorre.com/ddkb/

*Note, this book is the second and final book in the All In Duet. It should be read After Even Money.

Read Book 1 (Even Money): alessandratorre.com/all-in/

Preorder Double Down:
Amazon: alessandratorre.com/ddaz/
iBooks: alessandratorre.com/ddib/
Nook: alessandratorre.com/dd
Raine Miller
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Double Down was a masterful conclusion to the All In Duet...that I devoured in a single day. And now, my heart is ridiculously content with the ending to Dario and Bell's story. I loved every beautifully crafted word. This duet was a 10 star read for me!

Raine Miller
NYT Bestselling Author
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What a phenomenal story! It had just the right amount of everything to completely consume me for days. Alessandra Torre killed it with this duet!

I loved Dario. He was wealthy, powerful, dominant. When he turned his sights on Bell he became obsessed, protective and tender. When danger came Bell's way, Dario was fascinating to read about. These two have become one of my favorite couples.

I was worried at first how the ending of book one was going to effect this book but I think the author did a fan
Elle ✦ Pretty Little Books ✦
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: June 18, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Actual Rating: 4 stars

What a fantastic end to the duet! Alessandra writes captivating stories with characters who have undeniable chemistry, which is exactly what you get in this series. It also has the suspense and intrigue that will keep you glued to the pages until the very end. I loved how everything came together in this one, especially in how it ended in book one. Everything wrapped up almost perfectly! I will say though that I can p
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4”Don’t Give Up On Me” Stars

The sexy suspenseful ending in the All In Duet opens at full speed. The story picks up with the cliffy that emerged in Book 1. Grief and sadness along with anger and questions come full circle.

Dario and Bell and their relationship.......they have found each other in a sea of impossibilities. But what they feel can’t be denied and whatever the craziness of their lives throws at them, they remember that love. I loved that the author kept that reminder in the story becau
Review in progress.

The All In duet consists of the following installments as of June 2018:
#1-Even Money
#2-Double Down

Thank you to the following for permitting me access to an advance reader's copy (ARC) of Double Down. This generosity did not impact my honesty when rating/reviewing.
Source:
NetGalley
Author: Alessandra Torre
Publisher: Select Publishing
Genres: Erotica, Romance
Pub Date: June 18, 2018
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
WHOA!!!! What an utterly unique, shockingly suspenseful sequel this was! I was completely RIVETED by the dark and twisty course of events that transpired in Double Down. All In consumed me with its romanticism, Double Down gripped me with its unpredictability, with its edge of your seat suspense. It all culminates into an unputdownable package, a MUST READ duet, and I enjoyed every moment.

Double Down has a decidedly different vibe than All In. All In, for me, was very much the build, the chase,
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 “Love me through the cracks.” Stars

I enjoyed this duet. I enjoyed book one, Even Money. I really enjoyed the suspense and side characters in Double Down that much more. I feel like Dario and Bell’s relationship was able to shine a bit more in this book. It was less sexy forbidden and more passionate and emotional. It was suspenseful, and wrapped up this tumultuous love story with a nice little bow. However, the bow may have been a little too bright pink for my taste, and some of the ends a l
Sheyla ✎

The best part of Alessandra Torre's new duet is that I didn't have to wait long to read the conclusion.

Double Down starts just after the terrible ending of Even Money. Bell and Dario are both devastated in their own way. For her own safety, Bell will need to leave Las Vegas while Dario figures out a way to protect the woman he has fallen for. Unfortunately, things are not easy when you don't know who can be trusted.

Double Down gives us more insight into Dario's life before marrying Gwen which
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I was so excited to read this highly anticipated conclusion to Even Money, that cliff hanger was brutal! This picks up exactly where we were left anxiously waiting on that cliff…

Talk about a monumental mind fuck, for Bell and Dario. It was also tragically sad too. Dario has spent so many years protecting the life he has with Gwen and she means everything to him. Together they have been able to stay under the radar of her crazy, evil dad. It only took one moment in time to change everything.

Bell
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
More than me hating this book, I guess I'm more so disappointed. I usually love the authors work and this just didn't feel like something she could have written.

The story has so many faults and gaps, it was rushed to top it all and more than anything I felt the story wasn't even complete. It didn't do justice in giving a complete story, so many holes in the plot and so many questions unanswered. It felt so unnecessary, the whole book and the story. A great plot, with so much potential, could hav
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW OR THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST ONE!!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! But only for those who haven't read book #1.☺

Book #2 starts where the first one left us hanging!

Bell just found Gwen dead in the hotel room. Dario reacts quickly and sends her to an old buddy in Louisiana. He already knows that Gwen's father and his 'killer' girl will never let Bell live.

And poor Bell. She doesn't know what to think - to do. She's stuck in the swamps with this weird Laurent
Michelle
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Double Down is the 2nd book in the All In Duet, and cannot be read as a standalone.

I don't want to give any spoilers, especially since the two books released close together, there might be a lot waiting for the conclusion to be released before diving in.

What I can tell you is that Alessandra Torre did it again. Double Down was thrilling, suspenseful and erotic. After the ending of Even Money, I was dying to know what happened next. Just as things seemed to calm down for these two, another twis
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

**SPOILER FREE DUET REVIEW**

‘He watched her and felt something he didn’t understand. Vulnerability with a side of fear. Want eclipsed by need. Intrigue overshadowed by jealousy…This girl would be the death of him.’

Even Money had us completely compelled from the moment we dived in. We fell in instant book love and just couldn’t stop turning the pages, moving straight on to Double Down to find out what was going to happen to Dario and Bell. Two brilliant characters in a sexy, dark and thrilling st
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

After the way the first book, Even Money ended, I knew we were going to be in for one heck of a bumpy ride with Double Down.

And Ms Torre did not disappoint me.

Holy crapballs, this book had me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading. The conclustion to Dario and Bell's story had me anxious, had me sad, had me mad. For every character I loved, there were two I hated.

I anxiously turned each page, needing to know our lovelies were alright, that they were
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"He was broken. Like me.

After the hair-raising cliffhanger in Even Money waiting for Double Down filled me with delicious anticipation. Yeah, I know I'm not the only armchair detective who enjoys working things out, even if I'm wrong. It's the process that's so fun, right? The author did an excellent job of building the excitement and suspense. She teased me with their intense and forbidden chemistry. Pulling me into their passionate encounters and keeping me on edge as I worried about th
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I loved this series for so many reasons. The characters were interesting, the plot intriguing, the sex scorching and the writing tight and perfect. Once I picked this up I couldn’t put it down and now, long after I’m done, I’m still craving more of Bell and Dario.

Picking up right where Even Money left off, Double Down deals with the attempt on Bell’s life and the lengths Dario must go through to protect the woman he loves. I found his protectiveness to be oh-so alpha, and adored reading about Da
Francoise
4.5 Stars

I was on pins and needles since I finished Even Money and the highly anticipated conclusion to the All In Duet was definitely worth the wait! It was quite a rollercoaster as a matter of fact!

This story that was well-written, suspenseful, unpredictable and emotionally compelling. It was intense, and it only got more and more intense as the story progressed. Alessandra Torre really delves into the dark romance genre perfectly. What makes Double Down a mesmerizing thrill-ride is the meticu
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Double down in blackjack is when "you have a risky hand that had the potential to be strong, or the potential to be disastrous. Instead of riding the hand out, you double you bet and in doing so, you wager everything on the next card." The meaning for Dario and Bell—they were a losing hand but stayed in and risked more.

This book was so appropriately named. After the ending in Even Money, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Double Down. Thankfully readers don't have long to wait.

Double Down picks
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
2.5 STARS!

Even Money ended in such a way that I couldn't wait to get my hands on book two and I'm grateful to Alessandra to have sent me an early copy of Double Down, but unfortunately it just wasn't the book for me.

Double Down was indeed suspenseful, but I felt it was rushed at times and that there was unnecessary drama surrounding the characters. I also felt the ending left me feeling indecisive. The sole reason I held on was because of Laurent. He's a big, quiet, Cajun swamp man from the bay
Michelle
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
Like the first in the duet, this book never drew me in. I enjoyed the suspense but the actions seemed abrupt and I never got that satisfying feeling of redemption or conclusion to the suspense. I really enjoyed Laurent but still never felt the connection between Bell and Dario. I generally adore this writer’s books but this duet just didn’t work for me.
Alessandra Torre is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels. Her books focus on romance and suspense. Her new release, The Ghostwriter, is available now!
Additional pseudonym: AR Torre

Amazon: https://goo.gl/XRr5Uc
Facebook: https://goo.gl/sJb5MN
Twitter: https://goo.gl/DwKuvo
Pinterest: https://goo.gl/eEJs9U

Visit the POPPIN IN thread of the Shh group to find out my rec
More about Alessandra Torre

All In Duet (2 books)
  • Even Money (All In Duet, #1)