Start by marking “Double Down (All In Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Double Down (All In Duet, #2)

Double Down

(All In Duet #2)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  2,763 Ratings  ·  517 Reviews
The stunning conclusion to the All In Duet...
In Vegas, there was one man who was off limits. One man... and I fell for him.

I knew there were risks. Still, I played the game. When Dario Capece called, I answered. When he beckoned, I came. When he broke all my rules, I looked the other way.

I knew there were risks. I just never realized they included death.

Note: This book
ebook, 1st Edition, 259 pages
Published June 18th 2018

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI am always a little afraid of being disappointed when it comes to sequels, especially when I enjoyed the first book so much. I worry it isn't going to live up to its predecessor, or the author is going to take the characters in a direction I don't like. So I was a bit nervous going into this book. I needn't have been though because I enjoyed book two just as much as I enjoyed the first.

The writing remained outstanding. It was well paced (for the most part). There was a small bit around three-qu
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Disappointing Stars
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 STARS

What a ride, I didn't know what to expect from Double Down.When I finished Even Money I was wondering what will happen in this one, and omg I was surprised and impressed with Alessandra's
writing!Double Down is a story packed with suspense,twists and a hot romance.

description

Dario and Bell's has to deal with many things in order to have their happy ending.Their love for each other is strong and powerful.They were intense,passionate and steamy.I just wish I had more of their romance in this one, but
Double Down is the second installment in Alessandra Torre's romantic/suspense duet titled: All In. The first book ended on an epic cliffhanger that had me bumping up my rating a whole star and eager to continue on to this book even though I had initially considered dropping the series. The cliffhanger was a game changer! It's what took this duet from an adult romance to adult romantic suspense/potential thriller territory. Unfortunately, Double Down did not satisfy my cliffhanger jawdrop...at al ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it

Double Down is the conclusion to the All In Duet and swiftly continues on from the first in this two part romantic suspense series. Bell and Dario risk everything by being together and in this second part it seems that they may pay a high price for their romance.

Double Down is fast paced and high in drama. It takes lots of twists and turns and has a conclusion that I truly did not anticipate which will certainly please those who are partial to romantic suspense stories. There are many aspects a
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
So this is going to be one of those reviews that are really hard to write, but let's try.

After finished reading Even Money, I kid you not, I was desperate to read Double Down, that ending left me breathless so the moment it hit my kindle I dived into it. Unfortunately for me, it was not what I was expecting.

The intensity from the first book got lost somewhere between Louisiana and Las Vegas, meaning that I didn't get that heart-pounding feeling I got while reading Even Money. This book felt ru
Wendy'sThoughts
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alessandra Torre Fans, Romance, Suspense
3.5 Playing Against the House Stars
* * * Spoiler Free
In Gambling, when you Double Down you are betting everything against all odds...Things look dire and instead of throwing in the towel or walking away and eating your losses... You make a Hail Mary move in betting it all or going All In. It is extremely risky and more often then not, can be disastrous...

But then there are those gamblers...the ones you see at the tables...all suited up. They have all the watches, sunglasses at night and shiny
Olga therebelreader
This was a really good romantic suspense. It was superbly written with believable, well rounded characters, sex scenes that were off the charts hot, an exciting suspenseful and interesting storyline that kept me engrossed with moments of drama, conspiracy, betrayal and passion.
I really liked Dario and Bell a lot! Their sexual encounters were hot! Besides the sweet, hot romance between these two, this story has a lot of suspense, action, danger, steamy sex, and intrigue.
Definately a great read...
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Double down was the highly anticipated sequel that everyone wanted to get their hands on. Countdowns were in place, deals were made, and the drinking begun very early on because of the cliffhanger in part one. After reading this one, I have mixed feelings about this book. I didn’t entirely hate it, but I also didn’t love it and I felt somewhat disappointed.

If you’ve read the first book, then you’re fully aware of the cliffhanger that had us readers screaming wtf along with some other classy ch
Zoe
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sinister, suspenseful, and passionate!

Double Down is a twisty, smoldering tale that picks up right where Even Money left off, taking us back to Vegas where murder is still fresh, corruption is still rampant, girls are still missing, evil is still prevalent, and long-hidden secrets are about to be unearthed.

The prose is incisive and tight. The characters are resourceful, vulnerable, and tenacious. And the plot told from multiple POVs is a fast-paced, engaging mix of corruption, friendship, family
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
This is the fervently awaited conclusion to EVEN MONEY.

After the cliffhanger in Even Money I couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. And the author didn't disappoint at all.

Double Down was by far more suspenseful than even I could have imagined. Even though the romance took a back seat in the first half to the book, the events that were unraveling in front of me kept me turning pages with anticipation and giddiness. I was witness to a story that had twists and turns on every corner.
Raine Miller
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Double Down was a masterful conclusion to the All In Duet...that I devoured in a single day. And now, my heart is ridiculously content with the ending to Dario and Bell's story. I loved every beautifully crafted word. This duet was a 10 star read for me!

Raine Miller
NYT Bestselling Author
Elle's Book Blog
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: June 18, 2018
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Actual Rating: 4 stars

What a fantastic end to the duet! Alessandra writes captivating stories with characters who have undeniable chemistry, which is exactly what you get in this series. It also has the suspense and intrigue that will keep you glued to the pages until the very end. I loved how everything came together in this one, especially in how it ended in book one. Everything wrapped up almost perfectly! I will say though that I can p
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Suspenseful and so good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part two in the series starting right after a cliffhanger, Double Down continued to captivate me and hold me hostage. I could not get enough of Dario and Bell together. You could feel the spark and the energy; the despair and pain; the heat and the fire.

This portion focused mainly on the suspenseful twists in the story and less on the heated connection. But they were there. They were definitely there to remind us just how good Torre brought these two togethe
Mindy Lou's Book Review
What a phenomenal story! It had just the right amount of everything to completely consume me for days. Alessandra Torre killed it with this duet!

I loved Dario. He was wealthy, powerful, dominant. When he turned his sights on Bell he became obsessed, protective and tender. When danger came Bell's way, Dario was fascinating to read about. These two have become one of my favorite couples.

I was worried at first how the ending of book one was going to effect this book but I think the author did a fan
Snow
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it

Ah, I have to admit I kinda expected smth more...

the first 50% kept me in anticipation and suspense...but then it became so very predictable and honestly I was just waiting for it to be unfolded and revealed...I might have even skimmed a bit :/

I love Alessandra Torre, she can write a fantastic suspense romance drama, but here I simply think it would have been an aweosme story if it were wrapped up in just one book.
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
4”Don’t Give Up On Me” Stars

The sexy suspenseful ending in the All In Duet opens at full speed. The story picks up with the cliffy that emerged in Book 1. Grief and sadness along with anger and questions come full circle.

Dario and Bell and their relationship.......they have found each other in a sea of impossibilities. But what they feel can’t be denied and whatever the craziness of their lives throws at them, they remember that love. I loved that the author kept that reminder in the story becau
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
More than me hating this book, I guess I'm more so disappointed. I usually love the authors work and this just didn't feel like something she could have written.

The story has so many faults and gaps, it was rushed to top it all and more than anything I felt the story wasn't even complete. It didn't do justice in giving a complete story, so many holes in the plot and so many questions unanswered. It felt so unnecessary, the whole book and the story. A great plot, with so much potential, could hav
Ari
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
*2.5 Stars!*

*Cue the rant review*

I didn't know what to expect when I went into Double Down, but I hoped that it would be a lot better than Even Money. It wasn't and I'm mad—actually no, I'm pissed. I totally hate it when my faves disappoint, but honestly this duet didn't even read like an Alessandra Torre book. Where was the thrill? The suspense? The sex appeal? The twist that would leave me on the edge of my seat? Gosh, I'm so frustrated but let's get this review over with.

Double Down picks
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
WHOA!!!! What an utterly unique, shockingly suspenseful sequel this was! I was completely RIVETED by the dark and twisty course of events that transpired in Double Down. All In consumed me with its romanticism, Double Down gripped me with its unpredictability, with its edge of your seat suspense. It all culminates into an unputdownable package, a MUST READ duet, and I enjoyed every moment.

Double Down has a decidedly different vibe than All In. All In, for me, was very much the build, the chase,
Sheyla ✎

The best part of Alessandra Torre's new duet is that I didn't have to wait long to read the conclusion.

Double Down starts just after the terrible ending of Even Money. Bell and Dario are both devastated in their own way. For her own safety, Bell will need to leave Las Vegas while Dario figures out a way to protect the woman he has fallen for. Unfortunately, things are not easy when you don't know who can be trusted.

Double Down gives us more insight into Dario's life before marrying Gwen which
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 “Love me through the cracks.” Stars

I enjoyed this duet. I enjoyed book one, Even Money. I really enjoyed the suspense and side characters in Double Down that much more. I feel like Dario and Bell’s relationship was able to shine a bit more in this book. It was less sexy forbidden and more passionate and emotional. It was suspenseful, and wrapped up this tumultuous love story with a nice little bow. However, the bow may have been a little too bright pink for my taste, and some of the ends a l
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
I was so excited to read this highly anticipated conclusion to Even Money, that cliff hanger was brutal! This picks up exactly where we were left anxiously waiting on that cliff…

Talk about a monumental mind fuck, for Bell and Dario. It was also tragically sad too. Dario has spent so many years protecting the life he has with Gwen and she means everything to him. Together they have been able to stay under the radar of her crazy, evil dad. It only took one moment in time to change everything.

Bell
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Double down in blackjack is when "you have a risky hand that had the potential to be strong, or the potential to be disastrous. Instead of riding the hand out, you double you bet and in doing so, you wager everything on the next card." The meaning for Dario and Bell—they were a losing hand but stayed in and risked more.

This book was so appropriately named. After the ending in Even Money, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Double Down. Thankfully readers don't have long to wait.

Double Down picks
Michelle
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Double Down is the 2nd book in the All In Duet, and cannot be read as a standalone.

I don't want to give any spoilers, especially since the two books released close together, there might be a lot waiting for the conclusion to be released before diving in.

What I can tell you is that Alessandra Torre did it again. Double Down was thrilling, suspenseful and erotic. After the ending of Even Money, I was dying to know what happened next. Just as things seemed to calm down for these two, another twis
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW OR THIS BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST ONE!!!! THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! But only for those who haven't read book #1.☺

Book #2 starts where the first one left us hanging!

Bell just found Gwen dead in the hotel room. Dario reacts quickly and sends her to an old buddy in Louisiana. He already knows that Gwen's father and his 'killer' girl will never let Bell live.

And poor Bell. She doesn't know what to think - to do. She's stuck in the swamps with this weird Laurent
Francoise
4.5 Stars

I was on pins and needles since I finished Even Money and the highly anticipated conclusion to the All In Duet was definitely worth the wait! It was quite a rollercoaster as a matter of fact!

This story that was well-written, suspenseful, unpredictable and emotionally compelling. It was intense, and it only got more and more intense as the story progressed. Alessandra Torre really delves into the dark romance genre perfectly. What makes Double Down a mesmerizing thrill-ride is the meticu
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

**SPOILER FREE DUET REVIEW**

‘He watched her and felt something he didn’t understand. Vulnerability with a side of fear. Want eclipsed by need. Intrigue overshadowed by jealousy…This girl would be the death of him.’

Even Money had us completely compelled from the moment we dived in. We fell in instant book love and just couldn’t stop turning the pages, moving straight on to Double Down to find out what was going to happen to Dario and Bell. Two brilliant characters in a sexy, dark and thrilling st
Alessandra Torre is an award-winning New York Times bestselling author of twelve novels. Her books focus on romance and suspense. Her new release, The Ghostwriter, is available now!
Additional pseudonym: AR Torre

Amazon: https://goo.gl/XRr5Uc
Facebook: https://goo.gl/sJb5MN
Twitter: https://goo.gl/DwKuvo
Pinterest: https://goo.gl/eEJs9U

Visit the POPPIN IN thread of the Shh group to find out my rec

All In Duet (2 books)
  • Even Money (All In Duet, #1)