Start by marking “All That We See or Seem” as Want to Read:
All That We See or Seem

All That We See or Seem

Every night, seventeen-year-old Reeve Lennox finds herself under a noose.

By day she is a lady of Acarsaid's royal house, daydreaming of adventure and love. But every night in sleep she wanders through a nightmarish city, an invisible witness to the screeches of monsters and the screams of their victims. Her only consolation is Bran, a battle-torn young man with a selfless
Kindle Edition
Published May 15th 2018 by Uncommon Universes

To ask other readers questions about All That We See or Seem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That We See or Seem

Serethiel
*grabby-hands*

LIV WANTS. LIV NEEDS.
Grace T
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. AM. SCREAMING.

How on this good earth can a book end RIGHT WHERE THIS ONE DID. This is cruel and unusual punishment, I just wanted to read gorgeous prose about a relatable heroine and her actually-really-well-fleshed-out-and-not-annoying love triangle and you do THIS to me?!? Along with those plot twists and THAT main romantic interest?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH send help please especially if it's book 2 because I will not live much longer otherwise.

(ser
J.M. Hackman
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a book this good in a long time. Reeve and Bran drew me in and kept me up waaay past my bedtime. (And like another reviewer mentioned, there better be a sequel released pretty quickly!)

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.
Claire Banschbach
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
AHHH! It did not end like that! Review to come after I process reading this book in about a 12 hour time span that included sleeping and going to work. lol!

Actual Review:
So a solid week later, I'm still kind of processing. lol! I really loved this book. The concept is a super fun one - Reeve lives in one world, but as soon as she falls asleep she find herself in a different really dark and scary world with people-eating falcons flying around. I had a hard time figuring out which world I liked b
Michelle Levigne
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know what's the mark of a really well-written story? When the main character makes a choice and you cringe, because you've come to be so invested in her story, you know she's going to get hurt, it's the wrong choice, and you just want to reach through the pages and grab her shoulders and shake her until her eyes rattle and she changes her mind.

Yeah, Reeve, the main character in this book got that reaction from me.

And did you hear me when I got to the last page and I didn't want it to end? (A
Angela
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I was looking forward to watching a few movies I had downloaded for a long flight. I told myself that I'd read this book until the flight staff said it was okay to get out laptops… but instead, I never put the book down. I was quickly sucked into both worlds of the story and could not get enough of idyllic Acarsaid and dark, twisted Tenebris.

I found myself reacting to action of the story right alongside Reeve, complete with the facial expressions I imagined she was making at certain people an
C.O. Bonham
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"All that we see or seem may be no more than a dream." this is the Edgar Allen Poe quote that opens the book. This is the perfect quote to inspire the title for this novel.

Reeve is not a princess, but as the Kings niece, she's the closest thing her kingdom has to one.

which of course makes her marriage of political importance. Just when Reeve resigns her self to marriage to someone who at least won't bore her to death, she meets Bran. To bad he only exists in her dreams.

But as she falls more in
Natalie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a gem in the young adult fiction world. I was so engaged in every moment from beginning to end. The characters (I love love love Bran), the world-building, the beautiful and poetic language - there's nothing not to love. I cannot wait for the next one to come out so I can get re-immersed in this world!
Jenna Monaco
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
A 2018 must-read for summer! If you think the cover is wonderful, just wait until you start reading. I honestly couldn't put this book down. There are books that have two love interests and it's cliché and overdone--this is not one of those books. However, I am 100% team Bran aka team BRAVE. I am not so patiently waiting for book 2!!

Beautiful prose, riveting plot, and well-developed characters. I could go on. Highly highly recommend this book!
Jeremy Martin
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story, from start to finish, captivated me fully. Each passage was weaved together so beautifully that it pained me to even close the book for a second. The suspense and mystery that collected amongst the pages were nearly too much to handle at times. As the story of Reeve hits its maximum stride, Mahr cuts us off with book one, leaving us gagging for the next installment.
Tessa
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking forward to reading this for a long time. Magic dreamland, arranged marriages? Sign me up!
It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was a little heavier on the romance than I expected and I never really connected with Reeve, the main character and narrator. But let's start with what I liked
I really liked the dreamworld and how Reeve ended up in it. I also appreciated that King Carrick and Queen Everly weren't a dastardly duo and terribly wicked to Reeve. Everly was so sweet.
Kelly Bohmer
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher. This review is my own independent and fair evaluation.

This book has a main female character, Reeve, who has to do a lot of growing up. She has just turned 18 and is learning about love and romance, all while dreaming herself into a world of blood and danger. I was able to identify with Reeve and her struggles as I was reading, and the descriptions in the book made me feel like I was there, able to experience what was happening. There were moments of tension
Charlotte
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, rc18
well this sure made me want to read the next book!
Sabs
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful prose and fun, captivating book that's easy to binge-read and will leave you craving the next book. I really enjoyed the cast of characters, with several of them sneaking up on me with how much I ended up enjoying them. As you dive into both Reeve's dream world and real world, Mahr is able to weave great details into each that will leave you wondering what's going to happen - and swooning over the men in both realities!
Bella
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of hard love triangles/fantasy
Acacia
Jul 03, 2018
Laura A Mazulli
Jun 07, 2018
Summer Franz
I really like the book and can't wait until the second one comes out. It grabbed my attention from the very beginning. I couldn't put the book down as soon as I picked it up. I was so into it that I finished it in like two days.
Megan
Apr 03, 2018
Janeen Ippolito
May 09, 2018
Allison Corro
Jul 06, 2018
Shannon Rasche
Jun 20, 2018
Kristina Mahr devotes her days to numbers and her nights to words. She works full-time as an accountant in the suburbs of Chicago, where she lives with her two dogs and two cats, but her true passion is writing. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading, and waking up at the crack of dawn every weekend to watch the Premier League.