Start by marking “All That We See or Seem” as Want to Read:
All That We See or Seem

All That We See or Seem

(Dreamworld Duology #1)

Every night, seventeen-year-old Reeve Lennox finds herself under a noose.

Kindle Edition
Published May 15th 2018 by Uncommon Universes

To ask other readers questions about All That We See or Seem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All That We See or Seem

Start your review of All That We See or Seem
Serethiel ☽ ✨
*grabby-hands*

LIV WANTS. LIV NEEDS.
Grace T
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I. AM. SCREAMING.

How on this good earth can a book end RIGHT WHERE THIS ONE DID. This is cruel and unusual punishment, I just wanted to read gorgeous prose about a relatable heroine and her actually-really-well-fleshed-out-and-not-annoying love triangle and you do THIS to me?!? Along with those plot twists and THAT main romantic interest?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH send help please especially if it's book 2 because I will not live much longer otherwise.

(ser
Nicki Chapelway
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
So... I gotta say this wasn't what I was expecting at all. I will fully admit that I was expecting adventure with a dash of romance, but what I found was romance with a dash of adventure.

A very interesting thing about this stories was that it almost seemed like two stories. One about Reeve awake and one about her asleep. It was somewhat jarring, but still really interesting. The description was great, a little over the top in some areas, but it really brought both these world's to life.

Reeve as
R.F. Gammon
Feb 27, 2020 rated it liked it
So this was a wild ride and I admit I have mixed feelings! But for my first foray into a UUP book, it was pretty great!

THINGS TO LOVE:
>the dreamworld. So terrifying. A lot of the time bookish nightmares are just "let's relive our worst memory!" and I don't know about you guys, but...I don't experience that? If I have nightmares they're just WEIRD. xD So Mahr's approach to the nightmare world was BRILLIANT. I would NOT want to go here. Thanks.
>Arden! "I'm not the knight. I'm the dragon." THIS MAN
Laura A. Grace
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH MY GOODNESS WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO READ THIS BOOK!?!

Ahem.

This book was exceptionally well done. Beautifully written. Compelling. Fast-paced where in I read 100 pages easily the same night I started it and could have kept going if I wanted to. (Correction: I DID want to, but I was already super tired in the moment.) Reeve is an excellent heroine to cheer for! She seemed so relatable and absolutely loved her.

And I absolutely love her with Bran. #TeamBranAllTheWay

I can't say there is ev
Jes Drew
This book was phenomenal! Of course it had to be based off an Edgar Allen Poe poem- but still, it is absolutely breathtaking!

First, the characters. Our heroine is not only completely human, but also actually intelligent and considerate. She's very refreshing by not being either stick-it-to-you tough or too-stupid-to-live. And both the boys in her lives are such deep, well-rounded characters themselves between the sweet dream-boy you can't help but root for and the charming noble you know you sh
J.M. Hackman
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a book this good in a long time. Reeve and Bran drew me in and kept me up waaay past my bedtime. (And like another reviewer mentioned, there better be a sequel released pretty quickly!)

I received a copy of this book from the publisher.
Claire Banschbach
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second read: still epic and I still love Arden for just existing and liking Reeve more this time.

~~~

AHHH! It did not end like that! Review to come after I process reading this book in about a 12 hour time span that included sleeping and going to work. lol!

Actual Review:
So a solid week later, I'm still kind of processing. lol! I really loved this book. The concept is a super fun one - Reeve lives in one world, but as soon as she falls asleep she find herself in a different really dark and scary
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an enjoyable read, to be sure, and a fascinating concept. (Of course, I love the whole visits-another-world-in-dreams thing and wish there were more good books that fit that category.) The characters were fun and colorful, even if Reeve has slightly less common sense than I typically like my heroines to have. I am a little frustrated with certain aspects of the storyline, but that might just be because I was expecting the book to be primarily an adventure novel and instead found mostly r ...more
Laurie Lucking
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Happy sigh* All That We See or Seem was one of those addicting books I could not. put. down. The writing is so gorgeous I just wanted to stay immersed in it all day, and I was completely drawn into Reeve's dilemma as she navigates the challenges of her waking and dream worlds. And the romance! Arden was a fun, intriguing character, but Bran was really the one who made me swoon as he slowly proved himself to be everything Reeve had dreamed of and more. The ending explained so much but opened up ...more
Michelle Levigne
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know what's the mark of a really well-written story? When the main character makes a choice and you cringe, because you've come to be so invested in her story, you know she's going to get hurt, it's the wrong choice, and you just want to reach through the pages and grab her shoulders and shake her until her eyes rattle and she changes her mind.

Yeah, Reeve, the main character in this book got that reaction from me.

And did you hear me when I got to the last page and I didn't want it to end? (A
Elizabeth Mathis
Every night, seventeen-year-old Reeve Lennox finds herself under a noose.

By day she is a lady of Acarsaid's royal house, daydreaming of adventure and love. But every night in sleep she wanders through a nightmarish city, an invisible witness to the screeches of monsters and the screams of their victims. Her only consolation is Bran, a battle-torn young man with a selfless heart and eyes that reflect the stars.

Yet while Reeve falls deeper into her dreams, in truth she is engaged to Arden, a mer
C.O. Bonham
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"All that we see or seem may be no more than a dream." this is the Edgar Allen Poe quote that opens the book. This is the perfect quote to inspire the title for this novel.

Reeve is not a princess, but as the Kings niece, she's the closest thing her kingdom has to one.

which of course makes her marriage of political importance. Just when Reeve resigns her self to marriage to someone who at least won't bore her to death, she meets Bran. To bad he only exists in her dreams.

But as she falls more in
Natalie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a gem in the young adult fiction world. I was so engaged in every moment from beginning to end. The characters (I love love love Bran), the world-building, the beautiful and poetic language - there's nothing not to love. I cannot wait for the next one to come out so I can get re-immersed in this world!
Jenna Monaco
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, fantasy
A 2018 must-read for summer! If you think the cover is wonderful, just wait until you start reading. I honestly couldn't put this book down. There are books that have two love interests and it's cliché and overdone--this is not one of those books. However, I am 100% team Bran aka team BRAVE. I am not so patiently waiting for book 2!!

Beautiful prose, riveting plot, and well-developed characters. I could go on. Highly highly recommend this book!
Jeremy Martin
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story, from start to finish, captivated me fully. Each passage was weaved together so beautifully that it pained me to even close the book for a second. The suspense and mystery that collected amongst the pages were nearly too much to handle at times. As the story of Reeve hits its maximum stride, Mahr cuts us off with book one, leaving us gagging for the next installment.
Restless Isabelle
Jul 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nightmarish dream worlds ruled by tyrannical wizards. A princess who dreams of true love above all else. And a long forgotten mystery steeped in magic. A solid read with surprisingly violent world building, a moody mystery and star crossed love.

We’re thrust immediately into the nightmare dream world Reeve visits every night after she falls asleep. It’s a violent, unsettling world with one bright spot - a lake that she often escapes to, and a young man she wishes could see her. The world is intr
Tessa
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I've been looking forward to reading this for a long time. Magic dreamland, arranged marriages? Sign me up!
It wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was a little heavier on the romance than I expected and I never really connected with Reeve, the main character and narrator. But let's start with what I liked
I really liked the dreamworld and how Reeve ended up in it. I also appreciated that King Carrick and Queen Everly weren't a dastardly duo and terribly wicked to Reeve. Everly was so sweet.
Angela
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I was looking forward to watching a few movies I had downloaded for a long flight. I told myself that I'd read this book until the flight staff said it was okay to get out laptops… but instead, I never put the book down. I was quickly sucked into both worlds of the story and could not get enough of idyllic Acarsaid and dark, twisted Tenebris.

I found myself reacting to action of the story right alongside Reeve, complete with the facial expressions I imagined she was making at certain people an
Tina Balasavage
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! An indie gem!

I really enjoyed reading this! The characters are absolutely beautiful and the book reads swiftly. Even though I dislike first person present tense, Mahr makes it bearable through enjoyable dialogue, building curiosity, and poetic writing.

Pros:
- Poetic Writing. I would love to hear the audiobook!
- Interesting characters. Arden is my baby and I would die for him. I will physically fight Reeve in book 2 if she hurts him
- Exciting romance that doesn't feel predicta
Zili
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it

Reeve lives a double life, one where she's awake and faces certain expectations and another at night where she has terrifying dreams of a dark world full of monstrous creatures, oh and a mysterious dream guy (who can't see or hear her)...

As the niece of the King, Reeve never leaves the castle and is surrounded by protectors, who are hilarious btw! She's lived a pretty sheltered life and so is a bit removed from reality at times. With so many moody or mean characters out there in similar stories,
Esther Haddie's Haven
This book is beautifully written. Kristina Mahr's writing style is very poetic. I was submerged into the story and thoroughly invested. There is a suspense present throughout the book. The story was so intriguing and had me glued to my couch (I might have to go do some laps to make up for the time I spent sitting on my bum lol)
I'm a fairly quick reader, but this is one of those books that forced me to take my time. There was no way I could have sped through it. I felt like there was a lot happen
Kat
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was very well written. The words just seem to come alive off the pages and bring such a vivid story into our minds.

I absolutely flew through this book. I really enjoy the darker stories, so once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read this series. And it doesn’t disappoint.

Quote 1The one thing I was iffy about at first was the idea of a love triangle. As y’all know, I’m not a fan of them in the least, but there was something about the way this one was written that wasn’t too overbear
Ghislaine
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
21/2 stars. I tried.

Every night, Reeve enters a different world in her dreams where she finds love and danger.

This is the first book in a duology. I liked the idea, but I wasn't thrilled with the execution. To be fair, this book is primarily a romance and not a dark fantasy or mystery (like I was hoping), although there are elements of both within it.

The book is told in the first person from Reeve's perspective. And frankly, I just couldn't connect with the character. At times she is charming
Kelly Bohmer
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC from the publisher. This review is my own independent and fair evaluation.

This book has a main female character, Reeve, who has to do a lot of growing up. She has just turned 18 and is learning about love and romance, all while dreaming herself into a world of blood and danger. I was able to identify with Reeve and her struggles as I was reading, and the descriptions in the book made me feel like I was there, able to experience what was happening. There were moments of tension
Sierra
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in an afternoon. In a few hours, after months of not reading anything at all.
And blazes, y'all. I loved it.
It checked off boxes on my list of literary tropes I didn't even know existed.
Friend squad? check.
Dream/parallel worlds? check.
Royal family drama intrigue that felt legitimate and not dramatic and contrived?? check.
Doesn't rely on the idiot plot?? CHECK.
Betrayal and twists and reveals? cHECK.
Evil wizard tyrants??? CHECK.
GIANT FREAKING BIRDS THAT TEAR PEOPLE TO SHREDS? C H E
Tiana Marie
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
I stayed up to 2am reading this. I needed to know what happened.

All the characters are just so good. Even both guys in the love triangle were just really well-written characters. Usually love triangles will have one great character and one under-developed or both will
Be under-developed... BUT NO.

I literally got chills from this book and was up at 2am all alone in my room crying when it was over. I NEED THE NEXT BOOK.

Even though it’s 2am and I need sleep, I would start the next book NOW. Who n
BELLE || of the || BOOKSHELVES
🌟🌟🌟🌟 ~ couldn't-put-it-down great

"The sky is a riot of stars, and his smile is full of catastrophe. The night belongs to us. He belongs to me."

This story just grabs you and pulls you in from the first haunting chapter! Such beautiful prose, such complex characters, such thrilling twists and turns! And I have to commend the wonderfully executed love triangle; normally I HATE love triangles!

And... WHAT. AN. ENDING. 😭
Luckily, I have the second book downloaded and I'm ready to continue having my hea
Rebecca (Rebecca's Reviews)
Find my full review at:

It had some very enjoyable and well written characters. The main character did however makes a choice that you just wish they didn't because you know that it's the worse choice possible and that is what makes this book good. It doesn't just do the predictable and it makes you invested.
Hauntedbybooks
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This was just as amazing as the first book! The writing is just as beautiful! I loved the character growth in this book. The twists and turns keep me fully captivated.  The characters are just so well written and I really enjoyed getting to read their stories. This was a wonderful book!

• The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • The Dark Fae (The Dark Fae #1-3)
  • All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth, #1)
  • Fairest Son
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, #1)
  • A Memory in the Flame (Charlie Travesty, #3)
  • A Light in the Dusk (Charlie Travesty, #2)
  • A Sacrifice in the Smoke (Charlie Travesty, #4)
  • Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, #2)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • A Kind of Death
  • Build Your Best Writing Life: Essential Strategies for Personal Writing Success
  • Flight of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #2)
  • Reborn in Flames (Reborn, #1)
  • Bookish and the Beast (Once Upon a Con, #3)
Kristina Mahr devotes her days to numbers and her nights to words. She works full-time as an accountant in the suburbs of Chicago, but her true passion is writing. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and small herd of rescue animals, as well as waking up at the crack of dawn every weekend to watch the Premier League.

Dreamworld Duology (2 books)
  • A Dream Within a Dream