Start by marking “Bad Time To Be In It (Blu Carraway Mysteries #2)” as Want to Read:
Bad Time To Be In It (Blu Carraway Mysteries #2)

Bad Time To Be In It

(Blu Carraway Mysteries #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  20 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The past is never past. Sometimes it repeats itself. And sometimes it comes back to pay a visit. Blu Carraway, flush with cash and back in business, never had it so good. Or so he thought.The reality is his love life is in shambles, his business partner is spending too much time with women half his age and not enough time on the job, and someone close goes missing. Blu’s b ...more
Published July 10th 2018 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Bad Time To Be In It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Time To Be In It

really liked it 4.00  ·

LORI CASWELL
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

A kidnapping sends Crome over the edge and out of control. Blu wants to help his friend and partner but he sure isn’t making it easy. Blu rallies his friends and sources, Tess and Harmony, who are freelance reporters and even calls Brack Pelton in on the case. When a body is found and another kidnapping occurs they pull out all the stops to save the victims and try to figure out who is behind the crimes before anyone else ends up dead.

This series is a spin-off of the author’s
HENERY PRESS PUBLISHING
“Cue up a classic noir twist, delivered in deadpan prose...It really is a Bad Time to Be in It, but the smart money’s on Blu Carraway Investigations.” – Criminal Element
Kathleen
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Bad Time To Be In It, the second book in the Blu Carraway Mystery Series, author David Burnsworth transports the reader back to the sultry lowcountry setting of Charleston, SC for another intriguing Blu Carraway Southern noir/mystery adventure.

A year has passed since Blu Carraway and best friend/business partner Mick Crome's last investigative case. But all hell breaks loose when Mick's girlfriend Maureen has been kidnapped! Mick is determined to find Maureen on his own, but Blu and the rest
Joan
Jul 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like Blu. He is not your average private investigation guy. He is unconventional and so are his methods of finding the truth. He is unflinchingly loyal to his friends and serious trouble to his enemies. His partner in business, Crome, is larger than life. With his girlfriend kidnapped, Crome goes off the rails, Blu going after him. Those two make for an exciting plot. Burnsworth includes a number of secondary characters. At times I was a little confused as to who they were and how they fit in. ...more
Shelly
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second installment of the Blu Carraway mystery series, Blu Carraway's long-time friend and partner Mick Crome practically loses his mind when his girlfriend, Maureen, is kidnapped. Who can blame him? But when those who care about him try to help, he refuses. In true Carraway fashion, Blu, along with a pair of sassy journalists/reporters (Harmony & Tess) and Brack Pelton (Pirate's Cove), jump in anyway.

I got a little lost with the assortment of characters but I did enjoy how their per
Grace Koshida
PI Blu Carraway's partner Mick Crome goes off the rails when his girlfriend Maureen is kidnapped. Crome refuses any help but his friends including Blu, feisty freelance journalists Tess and Harmony, and the Pirate's Cove Brack Pelton get involved. Through flashbacks, the motive for Maureen's kidnapping is eventually linked to a case from 2000 involving economic developer Ron Jansen, cruise ships and ecological group interests.

I enjoyed the first Blu Carraway mystery but this second book did not
Jannelies
Apr 16, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Thank you Netgalley for this book, but unfortunately, I could not finish it. After 45 pages pages I gave up. To be honest, the book is reading like a telephone directory. Names, names, names. Every character in this book knows lots of people, and they know lots of people and all those people have names (of course) and a backgroud. Every time someone in this book needs something, it may be information or a cup of coffee or whatever, a new person pops up to deliver.
I've been reading about people
Nancy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Boy, was it ever! A bad time to be in it, that is.

Blu’s life is a mess. An interesting mess, but still a mess. All of his life. His love life, his business and relationships with his friends.

Some of his problems include murder, kidnapping, an elusive girlfriend and two news reporters.

This was an enjoyable book that kept me guessing. I really like Blu Carraway. His house, too.

Thank you, Mr Burnsworth. When will I be able to see Blu again?

***Book provided without charge by PICT.***
Chandra
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings on this book. I agree with another reviewer that the flashback would have done better as a prologue rather than put in the middle. I'm always a little discouraged by grammatical errors but when a character completely changes his name, you start to lose me. That being said, I love these characters. I want to read the next book because I want to know where life takes them. They are the reason I give it 4 stars.
Pernette
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When one of their own is kidnapped Blu and Crome must solve a mystery to figure out who the kidnapper is. But with no ransom note, they have to decide who the kidnapper is targeting. Lots of testosterone but not lacking in the lady department. A fast-paced mystery with plenty of firepower.
Would definitely recommend.
Barbara Tobey
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An action mystery. Nice to read about a couple of men as the protagonists, but still not be offended by language and intimate details. Love the horses and dogs. Interesting relationship issues. Appreciated getting into the story before getting the back story. I am enjoying this series and look forward to the next one. The publisher provided a copy via NetGalley.
Cameron Chandler
Jan 01, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste you're time.

In this novel about two missing women, the only thing truly missing was an interesting plot. Hopefully the author hasn't quit his day job.

I

In

Cheryl
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-read
Blu, of Blu Carraway Investigations. and his partner Mick Crome are back! And that means only one thing, a lot of action!

This is the 2nd book in this series, see my reviews for BLU HEAT, a prequel and IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

Blu and Mick are hired by Mr.Jansen, as he feels someone is following him. At the same time, Mick’s girlfriend goes missing. The days are going by and they are no closer to following Maureen.

So their friends join them in the search. A journalist that works with them, Harmony, jo
Adrienne
John
Jul 13, 2018
Jeanne
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gritty in a good way, characters with distinct strong voices--even the dog had personality and in few words we know so much more about the aptly named Murder. I can't praise the character's interrelationships enough. One of the best series I've read
Diane
Jana Leah
Dianne Casey
Renee Collins
Jun 27, 2018
David Burnsworth became fascinated with the Deep South at a young age. After a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tennessee and fifteen years in the corporate world, he made the decision to write a novel. Burnsworth is the author of the Brack Pelton Mystery Series and the Blu Carraway Mystery Series. Having lived in Charleston on Sullivan’s Island for five years, the setting w ...more

Blu Carraway Mysteries (2 books)
  • In It For The Money (Blu Carraway Mysteries #1)