Start by marking “Fir Lodge (Restarter #1)” as Want to Read:
Fir Lodge (Restarter #1)

Fir Lodge (Restarter #1)

The first novel in The Restarter Series

If time shattered, taking away everything you loved, how far would you go to get it all back?...

Arriving at a lodge in Norfolk for a long weekend retreat, a group of friends meet for a thirtieth birthday celebration.

Before the weekend is over, five of them will die.

Trapped in a thirty-three-hour time-loop, only Hal and Kara have t
Kindle Edition
Published March 20th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Fir Lodge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fir Lodge

Corry Heppler
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What do you say about this phenomenal novel, that has already been said? Its outstanding! The twists and time-jumping dimensional grace, with which the author weaves within the pages of this book, is masterful and majestic! A grab-your-attention-and-not-let-go type of read! GO GET THIS BOOK!
Paul Blake
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Simply awesome. I loved this book. The two main characters felt real and I really enjoyed the interplay between them. So many geeky references that added to their realness. The rules of the restart were well thought out and not simply used as a plot-forwarding device. The rules actively hindered the characters which was a nice touch. There are plenty of twists, turns and surprises. The book is part of a series, but it can also be enjoyed as a standalone novel (however, once you've read it you'll ...more
Marnye Young
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay first of all I have never read anything like this book. And while I am often squeamish about violent scenes this book had me laughing out loud the majority of the time with all of its popculture references like "But, much like Elsa, he decided to let it go..." and for that and many other reasons it was unputdownable. McMahon is clearly a wizard of time travel with his fascinating restarter concept and then all the crazy twists and turns with the plot that keep you guessing what their fate w ...more
Tracie A.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a thoroughly enjoyable read from this new author, would highly recommend! Well thought out plot which keeps you on the edge of your seat, combined with detailed descriptions (which makes you feel as though you are in the book with them) & lots of humour (made me laugh out loud)! A real page turner, you won’t want to put it down! Can’t wait for more from this author.
Sean Davies
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A brilliantly intelligent and well written book!

An incredibly well written & thought out story filled with intrigue, humorous references, and twists & turns that had me guessing right up to the fantastic finale. If you love time travel then you'll love Fir Lodge. Can't wait for book 2, keep up the good work!
K.L. Hagaman
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
....Just epic. The author is an absolute time wizard <3
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sean is a Time Wizard

Wow. Just wow. There is just something so magical about this book. Sean has an amazing way of pulling you into a story and making you never want to put it down.

This isn’t my usual genre, but the story intrigued me so I wanted to check it out. And boy, did it not disappoint. From the amusing pop culture references to the mystery surrounding the restarters. It was enthralling. I was captivated by their dilemmas and the real human emotion Sean managed to inject into the story.
Claire Heaven
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Tom Cruise movie, Edge of Tomorrow, so this was right up my alley. Fir Lodge has the same dry humor unexpectedly interjected at seemingly inappropriate moments. For me it was very relatable and I could see myself acting exactly how they did in the situation…s. Enthraling and entertaining, this is a solid 4 1/2 stars for me but I'm happy to bump up to a 5 because I am already looking forward to, and speculating upon the sequel.
Niamh
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I usually run a mile from anything remotely sci-fi related, it’s just not my thing. But I was given this book as a gift and thought I’d give it a go. To my surprise, I enjoyed every minute of it! I’ve become a fact reader rather than a fiction reader because I find fiction writers these days lazy and their story lines mostly uninteresting and dragged out. It’s been a while since I’ve read a ‘page-turner’, but this book had me constantly wanting to know more. Sitting in work, I kept daydreaming a ...more
Taryn Archer
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure if I would like this book as I thought the concept of time travel could get confusing but that really wasn't the case. The book is easy to read, funny and a real page turner.
The writing style really adds to the book. There are funny pop culture references which really makes the book feel like you are hanging out with your friends. I genuinely looked forward to getting into bed with Hal and Kara every night (you know what I mean...). Give it a try... you won't be disappointed!
Ashlea Maclaine
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a great read. Filled with humour yet tense in places I could not put this down and it was always “one more chapter”!
Ctina Alvarado
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
omg... this story is crazy... in a good way.. hehehhe sooo good. cant wait to do my booktube review already hehehe
C.R.
Toni Kief
Sep 11, 2018
Kalynn
Sep 18, 2018
Sean McMahon has saved the world countless times.

From the comfort of his sofa.

Utilising a controller, as a conduit for his actions.

He also believes he invented the concept of the digital photo-frame, but has no way to prove it.

Sean lives in Essex with his family. In his spare time, he loves watching movies, reading, is an avid gamer, and enjoys walking his ridiculously-energetic Staffordshire bul