Start by marking “Hot Pursuit (To Catch a Thief, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Pursuit (To Catch a Thief, #1)

Hot Pursuit

(To Catch a Thief #1)

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days meets White Collar in this sassy and sweet romantic comedy, new from bestselling author Kaitlyn Davis, writing as Kay Marie.

ebook
Published August 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Hot Pursuit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Pursuit

Karen
Oh my my! I think this book may have topped by most loved enemies To lovers book!
I loved this book, the suspense and the chemistry between Jo and Nate was so sexy and so humorous!

Jo, seems like the average woman. A woman with dreams of opening up her own bakery and inventing many new and different things to bake, such as a coopie, (that's right a cookie in a pie, 🤤🤤🤤). Just a warning to all you sweet tooth readers, this book will make you want all the sweet and chocolates in the World!
But Jo'
Coco.V
Apr 11, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/11/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
All Jolene Carter has ever wanted is to own a bakery of her own. There’s only one problem. Her father, Robert Carter, is a world-renowned art thief and she’s, well, sort of his protégé. But he’s promised her that this next job in New York will be their last, and she won’t let anyone get in the way of her dreams... especially not the distractingly delicious FBI agent hot on her tail.

Agent Nate Parker has been on the Robert Carter case for years, and if t
Colleen's Conclusions
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received Hot Pursuit by Kay Marie from the blog tour host. This has no impact on my thoughts, my thoughts are my own. I was a little bit worried about Hot Pursuit by Kay Marie when I first got it but I read her Confessions of a Virgin Sex Columnist books last year and enjoyed them so I decided to take a chance and request this book from her.

I ended up being really happy about how this book turned out. I'm not normally into the whole cops romantic suspense like plot but this one was more fun t
Chrissie Gerber
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just give me a second here, please? I need to organize some very jumbled thoughts. Ok, so first, baked goods. I want a coopie!! Or ten… They sound incredibly delicious, I swear. My mouth kept watering at the mention of them. Also, if you love hearing about different foods/desserts, get ready for some salivating.

My favorite passage:
“Jo closed here eyes and shook her head, trying to wipe the smile from her face as she imagined the way Agent Parker must have growled when she spent forty-five minute
Paula  Phillips
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it

All Jolene Carter wants to do is own her bakery one day, there's just one hitch in her plan. Her father Robert Carter is a world-renowned criminal in the art heist world, and now they spend their days on their island hiding and avoiding the FBI. That is until her father promises to quit after this one last job and there's a new FBI agent on board - Nate Parker. Nate wants Robert and Jolene behind bars where they belong as in his book - a criminal is a criminal no matter how good they try to be.
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Hot Pursuit was the perfect romantic comedy and would make a nice end of summer read! It had a fabulous plot filled with humor, a little suspense, and a few serious moments, too. I loved that Jolene was involved with her father’s business but that she also had her own secret desires. Her dreams of becoming a baker and the relationship she had with her gal pals was a great element in this story. I loved her fascination with her latest creation “the coopie,” I am still chuckling over that concept. ...more
Kim Markett
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: iscream-book
Fun, captivating and tasty!

He is after the organization they killed his father, she is after the life she wanted not involving her father’s organization. Together they try to correct the parts of their lives that have been damaged.

This fun addictive read has you flipping pages and cravings sweets throughout the whole book.

Jolene is a hacker daughter of an art thief whose real dream is to open up a bake shop. When her mom died her loyalty stays with her family and she sacrificed her dreams to kee
Bookgyrl
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute story about a young woman (Jo) who is unfortunately on the wrong side of the law due to her father’s profession as a master thief, and a FBI Agent.

Nate looks at the world in black and grey and has very good personal reasons to catch Jo’s father and his partner in crime Thad. He is attracted to Jo and tries to cut her a deal, but will she take it, betraying her father and best friend? Jo realizes there is much she doesn’t know and she wants to live a normal life. But at what cost?

I enjoyed
T.H. Hernandez
4-1/2 stars! I love a good romantic suspense with a healthy dose of humor which is exactly what HOT PURSUIT delivers. Jolene Carter is the daughter of a notorious art thief being hunted by the FBI. All she wants is open her own bakery where she can make her coopies–cookies wrapped in pie dough. FBI agent Nate Parker just wants to nail Robert Carter. Too bad Carter’s sexy, flirty, bad ass daughter is hell-bent on making his life difficult. The two begin a game of cat and mouse that is as much fun ...more
Colleen's Conclusions
I only read this book one time. Goodreads somehow marked it as read twice.
Patty
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jolene Carter is the daughter of a wanted art thief. She helps her father with her expert hacking capabilities, but her dream is to escape her life and open a bakery. That dream could come true with this last job. Freedom. She can see it on the horizon. One last job. Her father promised. But will he keep his promise?

Nate Parker is a FBI agent for the organized crime division. His assignment is Jolene Carter’s father. The pressure is on since word on the street is he is about to pull his last job
Jen
This book was a delightful, rather light and funny, but still somehow suspenseful romance tale about two very unlikely candidates for a relationship who somehow just click with one another.

When first they meet, Nate is such a stickler for the rules and proper procedure and all of that. He doesn't seem as though he'd even be able to contemplate how to break the rules. He even keeps his white shirt buttoned all the way up... while on a boat, supposedly fishing... in the Bahamas. Nate has a trauma
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

I was worried at first about how a proper federal agent would mesh with a messy daughter of an art thief who had dreams of opening a bakery would play out. Once the story got rolling it was a crazy ride and the story flowed nicely.

Jolene Carter wasn’t as innocent as she may seem. She helped her father out with intel on his heist, but she had bigger dreams of opening a bakery. It was just that though a farfetched dream because she knew living on the run like they did it wouldn’t be
Lilly Charysma
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kaitlyn Davis sure knows how to bring tension up a 100 times and knows how to build intense moments. The fight that goes into our characters’ minds is so vivid. The feeling moved over from the pages to the reader and BAAAM! Mission accomplished! It’s my first book by her that is not fantasy based and she has not let me down (Well, I was expecting a great book and got exactly that).

“Hot Pursuit” follows agent Nate Parker and Jolene Carter, a great hacker and daughter of a renowned art thief. Nate
Rebecca June
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it
This review was originally posted on my blog, June Reads Books.

"But there was a different kind of glory to be found in the shades of gray. A different kind of beauty, if he'd just open his eyes and see, if he'd only let her show him" (p. 216)

Happy book birthday to Hot Pursuit by Kay Marie! Thank you Kay Marie and Xpresso Book Tours for a free eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Jolene and Nate's story is sassy, sexy, and funny. Jolene has a way of getting under Nate's skin and screwing up his
Casia Courtier
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, thank you for the free review copy. I want to add that I wasn't compensated for this honest review.

OMG. I really liked this book. It was the character dynamic and chemistry between the two main characters: Jo Carter and Nate Parker. Talk about opposites attracting.

The story itself, the FBI sting and other stuff, was decent, but it was the chemistry of the two that really got me. I was almost laughing at every moment the two made contact. The romance is slow, but passionate. It is definit
Kay Marie
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
July 30th Update!

Only ONE MONTH until Hot Pursuit goes on sale!! Woohoo! The manuscript is with my editors for a final proofread and then I'll be working on putting the paperbacks and possibly an audiobook together!

I've been sharing a bunch of teasers on my Instagram and Facebook accounts (both are @KaitlynDavisBooks) so I thought I would cross-post a few to Goodreads since the pub day is fast approaching!

PS: The pre-order discount is still going on :)

~~~

I'm SO SO excited for this book to come
Jessica
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In an Oyster Shell – It is a satisfying read with enough action to keep you on the edge of your seat all while swooning over the relationship between Jo and Nate.

Review – I’m pretty sure this series is going to be on my go-to list for when the next one comes out. I found this book extremely refreshing with a cut and dry plot and distinctive characters. It was an easy read but very robust with intricate details and little accents of humor. I was very impressed and can’t wait for the next book!

I l
Anie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crimi, romance
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

Great spy book, that kept me glued to pages late at night. The writing is amazing, I couldn’t stop reading, the characters, the happenings, it all just jumps from the pages. :) Everything was so vivid in my mind, There is a lot of humour in the story, the pace is fast, there is action non-stop and I just loved it. :)

Master thief's last job and last chance for FBI to catch him in action. Just one problem. Jo.
Jo works with her father and best friend on… jobs. :) She
Charlene
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot Pursuit, book one in the To Catch a Thief series, follows Jolene “Jo” Carter, the daughter of renowned art thief Robert Carter who, works as a Hacker to help him, along with family friend Thaddeus “Thad” Ryder, get away with their crimes, and the FBI agent Nathaniel “Nate” Parker, who is trying to capture the family all once and for all. The job was almost to an end after years, and Nate was so close to finally getting the Carter family when he comes face to face with Jo while on a stakeout. ...more
Tracey
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I have volunteered to share my review and all the opinions are 100% my own *

This is the story of Jolene Carter, a protégé art thief, but she has made the decision she wants to quit and own her own bakery. One problem she has to do one last job, and her father has promised that this would be their last.
FBI Agent Nate Parker has been trying to catch Robert Carter the art thief for many years and finding out that he maybe retiring this will be his final chance to try again.
When Jo and Nate do mee
romancebookjunkie
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was pitched to me as a cross between How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days and White Collar so of course I jumped right in! This book was fun and with just enough suspense to keep me hooked.
The heroine is an expert hacker and helps her father and best friend steal priceless artwork. The FBI is hot on their trail with suspected connections to the mafia. Our heroine is anything but typical- she has dreams of owning her own bakery and I instead of hiding from the FBI flaunts herself in their pat
Rose helg
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great BOOK

This was the first time I read her book. This book was Great. I really couldn't put this book down. I got to tell you I didn't think I was going to like this book, this much. I thought this book was going to be like the other ones I read. But, it is wasn't. It was Funny in some parts, serious, Love these characters and very Good Book. Love Nate and Jo. Love the parts when Jo ,( wait I can't tell) then that would spoil that part of the book. Or when Nate ( can't say this either). Well o
The Book Worm
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Hot Pursuit. It's fun (some scenes are downright hilarious, especially when Jo is challenging Nate, in the first part of the book), fast paced and with just the right hint of suspense to keep you glued to the story.
I liked the way Nate had to bend a few rules to follow his instinct, his heart, and save Jo, but I'm not entirely convinced he could, realistically, break so many rules, especially when he's part of an FBI team. And that made the happy ending a bit too fairy-
Cyndi
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want to put this book down. It held my attention throughout the story.

Little Miss Cyber Criminal Jo, wants to get out of her fathers shadow/criminal life with this last job that her father is planning on retiring after. Jo is hoping to make a name for herself with her new dessert invention the coopie (cookie in a pie). After playing around with Nate the FBI agent on his boat stationed off the island to watch the goings on of her father, she tests his emotional limits. From there the FBI
Melena Torretta
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
A fun cat and mouse story with a dash of romance thrown in.

Jolene Carter's father is a criminal and she helps him with his heists but dreams of a different life.

Nate Parker is an FBI agent after Jolene's dad.

An unlikely pairing, but their connection is undeniable despite the obvious issues. The author did a great job of building the world and characters. I especially liked that Jolene was intelligent and had her own dreams.

The plot did drag a bit in the middle for me. I liked the concept a lot,
Christina Morley
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot Pursuit is a well constructed comedy, romance, and suspense novel. The characters are entertaining and the plot moves at a good pace. The chemistry between Robert and Jolene is electric with the uptight agent pursuing the sassy con. But there's more beneath his ego and her mask and it will take some honesty on their parts to bring them together. Will they be able to work together or will she trick him and give him the slip once again?

I received an ARC of this book. This is my honest and volu
Nat
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I couldn't finish this book. While it had the outline for the types of romance stories I love, there was something about the writing that didn't really hold my attention. The H and h develop a relationship gradually and I really loved that, there's even some cute banter between them. But, for some reason I wasn't enthralled. I think, for me, it was missing a little more humor, and maybe a bit more banter. In the end I couldn't really finish it as I lost interest towards the mid-end section of th ...more
Amanda
Short review. A good cat and mouse romance. I enjoyed the banter between Jo and Nate as the both tried to push the others buttons and get them to let something slip. Likable side characters and interesting premise. My only complaint is that I felt Jo and Nate falling in love happen to quick maybe if it has been a few weeks instead of a week, it would have been a little bit more believable that they would risk so much for each other.
Amanda
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was asked by the author for an honest review.

This is the first book I've read by Kay Marie and I liked her writing style. While it is the first book in the To Catch a Thief series, it can definitely be read as a stand alone novel.
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Books Attributed to Incorrect Author 4 21 Jun 19, 2018 03:03PM
Goodreads Librari...: Book Attributed to Incorrect Author 3 18 Mar 21, 2018 05:17PM
Kaitlyn Davis, a bestselling author with over a quarter of a million books sold, writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her young adult novels, visit her Goodreads

To Catch a Thief (3 books)
  • Stolen Goods (To Catch a Thief, #2)
  • Off The Grid (To Catch a Thief, #3)