Start by marking “Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice” as Want to Read:
Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice

Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice

From the New York Times bestselling author of I Dissent comes a biographical graphic novel about celebrated Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a modern feminist icon—a leader in the fight for equal treatment of girls and women in society and the workplace. She blazed trails to the peaks of the male-centric worlds of
208 pages
Published November 5th 2019 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Becoming RBG, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming RBG

Start your review of Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice
Nicole Hewitt
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Okay, confession: I probably would have never read aregularbiography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Not because I doubt that she's a fascinating person, but just because biographies don't really interest me. And, with so many great fiction books on my TBR, I just don't get around to reading much non-fiction. But put a biography of an interesting person in graphic novel form, and I'm suddenly all excited! And I am so glad that
Renata
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a charming and inspiring graphic biography. I think it's perfect for tween readers--careful to define terms like "federal government" and great at explaining RBG's earlier court cases for gender equality in a way that doesn't condescend but makes the stakes very clear. The art is cute and engaging.
Karin
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this with my 10yo twin daughters and it was amazing. Like 'Brazen' from a couple of years ago, I'm gonna be recommending this graphic novel to everyone - young, old, male, female..
Powerful, educational, inspiring. Just like RBG herself .
Ben Truong
Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice is a biographical graphic novel written by Debbie Levy and illustrated by Whitney Gardner, which is a concise biography of Ruth Bader Ginsburg –an American Justice.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is an American lawyer and jurist who is an Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. Ginsburg was appointed by President Bill Clinton and took the oath of office on August 10, 1993. She is the second female justice of four to be confirmed to the court.
Tonja Drecker
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The life of an amazing woman and Supreme Court Justice, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, comes to life in this easy to read, graphic novel.

Step by step, Ruth Bader Ginsburg goes from a five-year-old Kindergartner to a Supreme Court Justice. Broken up into short chapters, each section covers a segment of her life, which influenced how she thought and led her down the difficult path of working her way up the ladder of life. The text is kept simple enough for middle graders to understand, and the accompanying
Erin Buhr
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
This is a graphic novel biography of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It tells her story from childhood until she becomes a Supreme Court Justice. Thorough, well researched, and somewhat dense (don't miss the afterwards and list of references at the back) - I think the choice to make this a graphic novel was a good one. Adding the illustrations and breaking up the text helps to make this more readable for younger children. It shares a more detailed version of her story than a picture book could ...more
Joy Johnson
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In an era of #metoo and women striving to break the “glass ceiling,” Ruth Bader Ginsberg is the topic of conversation when it comes to female role models. And rightly so!

This overview of RBG’s life from childhood to the Supreme Court is inspiring! The obstacles she faced as a woman led her to a strategic path of advocacy for gender equality, creating positive change through the law. A great format to tell of this amazing person without being bogged down by a typical biography.
Pauline
Even though I am familiar with the amazing life of RBG, I found myself intrigued by the graphic novel format and the compelling story created by Levy. I loved how this didn't just highlight all the positive aspects of her life, but it wove in the challenges she has faced (& overcome) throughout her life!
Emily
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this!! A great and beautiful overview of RBG's life and work for equal rights.
Sarajane
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RBG = certified badass.
I loved reading about childhood and young adulthood.
4.5/5 stars for sure.
Leslie Marley
Nov 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing just like RBG herself.
MayorEmma
Nov 15, 2019

• Look Both Ways
  • Stargazing
  • The Okay Witch
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Slay
  • Parker Looks Up: An Extraordinary Moment
  • The Crossover
  • Pet
  • Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All
  • It's Me, Two (Catwad, #2)
  • Click
  • Amazons, Abolitionists, and Activists: A Graphic History of Women's Fight for Their Rights
  • Beverly, Right Here