Start by marking “Rumors: Emerson & Ryder” as Want to Read:
Rumors: Emerson & Ryder

Rumors: Emerson & Ryder

(Rumors #1)

“Like wildfire, rumors are easy to spread… and hard to extinguish.”

Flat broke and down on her luck, Emerson Hastings is handed the perfect opportunity. Executive assistant to the head of Creative Marketing at Dixon Advertising. It’s a chance to prove herself, move up with the company, and land her dream job in media advertising. What Emerson doesn’t know is that her boss
Published March 22nd 2018 by Rachael Brownell Books

To ask other readers questions about Rumors, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumors

Start your review of Rumors: Emerson & Ryder
Paula  Phillips
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it

Emerson Hastings studied her way through college and left with a degree in Advertising, but unlike her college boyfriend Ian, she wasn't offered a job straight out of college. In fact, Emerson has struggled to find a position in Advertising where she can shine. That is until she takes a starting position as an EA to Ryder Dixon for his family's advertising and marketing company Dixon Advertising. Ryder Dixon is in charge of Creative Marketing section. Emerson sees this job as a foot in the door
Sheela Kean
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
a quick read about the ups and downs of romance and rumors with a sweet ending. I enjoyed the characters and their chemistry and the writing was engaging and well done I pretty much couldn't stop reading.
Archer
Enjoyed this light read. And there are more in the series it seems.
April Symes
“Rumors” by Rachel Brownell is book 1 in a new series which is exciting and fresh. Emerson is out of college after graduating and starting a new job. She starts a job at a different company from her boyfriend’s and finds out that this company she is working for is a competitor marketing firm. This causes serious trouble in her relationship. She sees how her boyfriend is very controlling and nasty to her when she wouldn’t do things he asked, like quit her job. She ends up having to break up with ...more
Deborah G.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very enjoyable story with very little angst & drama & by the way, Ryder is my new book boyfriend. Emerson has a degree in advertising & due to the lack of job opportunities she is forced to accept a position as an executive assistant. She is grateful for her position & plans to work hard, show her value in hopes of a promotion in the near future. Currently living with her controlling boyfriend Ian, Emerson slowly comes to the realization that he is blind to her thought ...more
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Emerson thought everything so good in her life then she realizes it's not the way she wants to be. She's a strong character. She gets a new job working as an executive assistant for Ryder at Dixon Advertising. She also comes to terms that her relationship with her long term boyfriend is not what she wants. Ryder is her boss but that doesn't take away the fact that he is sexy. Ryder is going through a divorce and the rumors swirl around the office about. There a couple of girls at work that like ...more
ItaPixie
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

Rumors was a good story.

Emerson is at her first job after she graduate and she is not ready to face the rumors about the attraction between her and her boss spreading around the office at lightning speed.
I've really enjoyed to read about Emerson and Ryder journey from two toxic relationship that bring them down to a new scaring but at the same time charming experience.

This was my first Rachael Brownell's book but it won't be the last because I'm already waiting for the next

Coco.V
Mar 18, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/18/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Office gossip, jaw-dropping gorgeous men, and romance in the air. What could possibly go wrong?

My new boss should come with a warning label. He’s hotheaded, demanding, and sexy as sin. A recipe for trouble when your current relationship is on the rocks.

Determined to ignore my growing attraction to him, I keep my head down and attempt to focus on my work. Until one steamy moment in the elevator makes me reconsider everythin
Mile High KINK
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emerson & Ryder’s love story is the first in a new series of office romances. He’s a soon to be single dad. She’s his new assistant. Can the rumors help or hurt their forbidden romance?
Emerson just landed a great job working for Ryder and it could not have come at a better time. However, with a great job comes false accusations of an affair with her new boss. Of course its not true but who could blame the rumor mill. He’s sexy, arrogant and a pain in the butt and she tries to keep her
LettyT
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rumors are out of control!

Rumors can destroy lives!

Rumors are rarely ever true...or are they?

When Emerson Hastings finds herself a dream job, she's thrilled. Things at home with her boyfriend, Ian aren't great, especially since they both work for competing advertising companies.

Emerson's boss, Ian is hotter than hot and sometimes a jerk, although not as bad as the jerk she lives with. When sparks fly and Emerson is no longer able to deal with Ian's ego, temper tantrums
Rachael Brownell
Nov 20, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Rumors Series
6 stand-alone novels
Cover Reveal 3/15/18

Gossip in the break room.
Whispers in the hallway.
Rumors spread like wildfire through Dixon Advertising. Who’s sleeping with who? Who’s getting divorced? Who’s expecting?

Find out which rumors are fact and which are pure speculation.

6 rumors
5 engagements
4 weddings
3 babies
2 cheaters
1 source

And they all live happily ever after… or do they?
Laurie
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5 Stars.

Not bad - although the MC's tendencies to over-analyze EVERYTHING was a bit annoying. Most times, I liked her train of thoughts, but did we really needed 2 pages of over-questionning everything - pretending to not care about the gossips and what everyone thought of her while it was clearly all the book was about. Literally.
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Emerson Hastings thought she had a good relationship . . . for the most part. It wasn’t until she took a job at a marketing firm that’s a competitor to the company her live in boyfriend works for that she realizes just how limiting and controlling he really is. She’s ready to take this chance to prove herself, however, even if that means walking away from a relationship that no longer seems to be working for her. What she didn’t expect was to find herself extremely attracted to her sex on a stic ...more
Kandy
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rumors is everything I expected and more!

We all know people talk, it is what we do, human nature is what most call it. Some call it backstabbing, being two faced, or just gossips. In the pages of this book, it is about how some Rumors can be handled. Some add to it, some just listen, and some come face to face with the whole thing and knock the wind out of everyone's sails and open the door to another line of tales.

Every time I pick up a book by Rachael I really never know what emotions she is
Kathy Rouchelle
I can't say how much I enjoyed this book! Rumors...oh yea, we've all heard them, maybe even help spread some, saw what they can do to people. Inside these pages is all of that along with how some rumors are handled. There is also the wonderfully written characters, Emerson, Angela, Justine and a cast of characters that will make you feel like you are sitting at a table with them, listening to their conversations.

But this story is also about Emerson and Ryder. Emerson is leaving her boyfriend an
Barbara
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the authors writing style in Rumors. She took a topic that everyone can relate to and made the storyline all her own with a fun flirty plot. We have all dealt with Rumors, especially in the workplace but it’s how we handle them that make the difference. Rider and Emerson are no different.

Emerson and Rider are two character that You can’t help but root for. Emerson is leaving her boyfriend and starting over with a new job/career. Rider is Emerson’s sexy new boss who g
Chrissy
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My true rating for this book would be 3.5 stars, but I rounded up to 4.0 since I can't do 1/2 stars and I liked the book. The story was good, the writing was good, I liked the characters. Overall, I enjoyed the book. The reason for my rating is that there wasn't anything about the book that stood out to me. It was enjoyable and I was interested in the story, but it was so much like many other stories I've read. There wasn't really anything extremely exciting, or emotional. It was good, but not r ...more
Teri
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rumors are a funny thing and the people who like to keep things stirred up with rumors are a piece of work. As shown with this story there are truly people that let their lives be led by how much chaos they can create by spreading rumors far and wide. Emerson let that guide her actions and caused her problems with Ian. Not sure why their story was so important I would have like more on her and Ryder. He was a charmer and a gentleman and they worked well together. I enjoyed the story and the new ...more
Cristie Alleman
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this story!!
Rachel Brownell's writing keeps getting better and better!!
We all know how rumors start... Well Emerson just got a job where rumors tend to run wild. Her co-worker are spreading them about her and her boss Ryder..
If you want to see if those rumors become reality this is a must read then..
The chemistry between Emerson & Ryder is outstanding..
I can't wait for the next book!!
Meg K
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So good!

Emerson & Ryder’s story was a great read. Unlike your typical steamy office romance, Rumors was slower paced and had a good deal of character development. Though the initial meeting between the two main characters had chemistry, their relationship was much more of a slow burn.

I also really enjoyed the secondary character and can’t wait for the rest of the books in this series!
Crystal Gray
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rachael's writing style has grown over time. This book proves that! This wasn't her normal clean YA romance. This is so much more, while it's still clearly her writing it's for the older crowd, new adults instead of teens or what have you. Rumors is my favorite of hers so far. But then again it seems every new one becomes my favorite. If you haven't read anything by Rachael yet, what are you waiting for?
Brenda  Kness
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow! I love watching Rachael grow as a writer. This book is so good! It is not her normal clean YA she writes and I enjoyed it. Emerson was a fun character and I loved reading her and Ryder's story. Ryder.. oh how I loved him. I am really excited to read the next book and continue this series.
Rumors.. they spread but will they become real or just stay that, rumors. You have to read it to see for yourself.
Cindy Fong
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an entertaining story. Both Emerson and Ryder are in transitional relationships but they have instant attraction with each other immediately, which started "rumors" about their relationship. Sometimes you have to get through the ugly to get to the beautiful. As they explore their feelings as individuals and as a possible couple, we are given glimpses of the people they are meant to be. I really liked them as a couple.
Vanessa
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Meh!

I wanted to love this book so much - I was really disappointed... there was too many conflicting emotions on Em’s side. I did not like that she did not spend time with his daughter either. Their love was neither love at first sight or a friendship that developed slowly - there was so much chemistry missing!!!! :(
Jenny
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing story! This book is a page turner that pulled me in from the first page. Emerson thought everything in her life was going well until she realized it is not the way she wants it. She gets a new job and things change for her. Ryder is her new boss. Rumors spread all around. I received an advanced reader copy for an honest review.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Donna Miller
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting book but felt like other books I read.

Girl gets job, has a boyfriend something happens and then she falls for her boss.

Don't get me wrong. As much as I felt it repeated other books I've read I still enjoyed it.

Ryder and Emerson just had a strong connection from the start and it kept building.
Bookish Addict
I didn't care for Emerson at all. I couldn't relate to her and actually found her annoying and dense. Her friends tell her like it is and she just doesn't see it when it comes to Ian. Ryder, I didn't care for. I thought he was clingy and needy. There's hardly any character development, it was all very shallow. The ending wasn't much of an ending, it was abrupt.
Kim Gauger
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Superb

Not your typical office romance! Loved this story and all that it entailed. From back stories to small suspense to love. I adored it and can't wait to read the next obe! Great read
Tiffany Levin
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rumors

First book I have read from this author and I am hooked! I feel there is more than meets the eye with these stories and am very intrigued to find out who the source of the rumors is! Can’t wait for the next in the series!
Alicia
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Book

This is the first Rachael Brownell book that I've read. I really liked it. It flowed well, the writing was good, and I really liked Emerson and Ryder. I'll be reading more of her work.

• Love's Interception
  • A Cross to Bear (Gabriella Cross, #1)
  • Someone Else's Skye (Men of Brahm Hill, Book One)
  • Chain of Command (Greenway Range, #1)
  • Yearning Devotion (Yearning Series, #1)
  • Breathless (Sparks of Hope, #1)
  • The Mating Season (The Mating Season, #1)
  • Beguiled (Frost Trilogy, #1)
  • Turning Wheels (Satan's Devils MC, #1)
  • James Black (James Black #1)
  • Tormented
  • Kiss of the Winter Moon (Sakana, #1)
  • The Prince's Match (The Prince, #1)
  • Own (Command Force Alpha, #1)
  • No Perfect Man (Imperfection, #1)
  • Escape Down Under (Down Under #1)
  • A Wife in Every Sense (Europe's Hottest Billionaires #1)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
Rachael Brownell resides in Michigan with her husband and son. An admitted coffee addict, since 2012 she has written and published more than two dozen romance books with no plans to stop writing any time soon.
When she's not writing, she enjoys playing golf, reading and watching her son play baseball.
To find out more about Rachael's books, visit her website, Amazon page, or follow her on social m

Rumors (6 books)