Start by marking “I Dare You (Dare, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Dare You (Dare, #1)

I Dare You

(Dare #1)

What do you do when the devil has you in his sights?

You show him that you can play his game.

Austin Lowes is new to town. She's running from a mom who hates her to her dad who cares nothing about her. Only a few months and she will be free, or at least, that's what she hopes ... until she meets him.

Cole Reynolds is the devil disguised as a man. He wants her fear, he w
Published April 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about I Dare You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Dare You

Start your review of I Dare You (Dare, #1)
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! I Dare You (stand-alone). Dark erotic suspense centered around a group of high school seniors, sinister dares, seduction & deadly secrets!

“We’re like the devil is to sin. Without one, we wouldn’t have the other.”

I Dare You (stand-alone) opens up to 17-year old student Austin Anne Lowes moving in with her wealthy father in a new town. After witnessing a crime she is becomes the target of pursuit and seduction by 17-year old heir, high school senior and swimmer
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
"My father says I was born a fighter. He would say if a man can’t use his hands, then what is he good for? The only difference is that my father pays to use someone else’s hands."

description

DNF at 37%
I guess this book just goes to show how much characters can make or break a story.

____________

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

When I saw the blurb for I Dare You, I got excited and like usual - I started hyping the book up in my head before I even started reading it. I love the dark romance genre and this being the first of
Tani
May 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: drown-in-trash
RATINGS: 1 STAR FOR DARING TO WRITE A TRASHY BOOK

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS AND CURSING. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I want to laugh at myself for daring to read this book. I don't know how this book ended up in my tbr shelf but it's making me to check all the books in the shelf. Well, I didn't expect much from this book from the beginning because of the book cover (yeah, it's painful to the eyes) but what I didn't expect was that the book would be so trashy and degrading. No offence but I really
Jacqueline's Reads
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books, dark, ku, killer
4.25 Twisted Stars

I randomly picked up this book. I was looking for a dark read and I got it. If you are a fan of L.J. Shen’s books, then you will LOVE I Dare You. It reminds me a lot of Vicious and that series.

The book isn’t angsty but oh boy there is some major sexual tension between Cole and Austin (she’s a girl) no MM read. Well, it’s a little angsty.

If you like a book where the guy is a complete asshole and majority of the book he is an asshole then this book is for you.

Cole is damaged.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
CR Banner

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️STARS
ARC BOOK REVIEW
Release Date-27/4/18

I really enjoyed "I Dare You" By Shantel Tessier a lot more than I was initially expecting.
And although this was a very long read it still managed to engage my attention throughout.
I was actually rather sad to finish this and leave such a vibrant cast behind.
So this was my first experience with this author but I can honestly assure you it definitely won't be my last.
From the very moment I started reading this, I was absolutely transfixed and in
Kim
May 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
I really can't think of anything I liked about this book. I didn't like either of the MC's. Cole is a disgusting bastard who got turned on by blood (ew, just ew) and his gang got away with just about anything, (view spoiler) I'm all fot the hot asshole guy who is secretly in love with the girl but he was just pathetic. I'm surprised he didn't pee on Austin while other guys were watching to mark his territory. I'm sure t ...more
Anonymous Girl
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 18+
Recommended to Anonymous Girl by: SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

Adult High School Bully Romance~Standalone (Book #1 part of a series)
Publication Date ~ April 27th 2018
Series Years ~ April 27th 2018-August 21st 2019
Triggers / Warnings? ~ Contains explicit sexual content, violence, talk of rape & crude language.
Ages of Characters ~ 17-30
Dual 1st POV ~ Between Cole 18 year old male, & Austin 17 year old Female
HEA / HFN / Concluded / Cliffhanger / Complete? ~ (view spoiler)
Sabrina
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Full disclosure, I've read only two books from this author before starting I Dare You and they weren't the best for me. But I did find her story telling to be very intriguing and I've heard so many good things about this book that I just had to try it. And I am so glad that I did because I loved it.

I'm not going to lie, Cole and Austin were the epitome of an unhealthy relationship. But man, did it captivate me. They were just so unpredictable and I enjoyed that
Snow
For those of you who loved Corrupt by Penelope Douglas, Silver Swan by Amo Jones, The Paper Princess by Erin Watt and Fallen Crest High by Tijan will most definitely like this book.

It's such an angsty, passionate, gritty and suspenseful blend of everything essential in the contemporary romance genre and I won't get into much details cause I don't wanna give away anything major to the plot...

cause well, the storyline is grippingly tight in those deeds of intertwined action and all you need to kno
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I dare you to show me something that nobody else sees.

All I’m going to say is that if anyone offers you a free ride at this high school, or you win an HGTV dream house in this town... then turn it down. This town and school are BAD NEWS, and full of crime/murder/lies/secrets. Then again, maybe that your thing.

Austin and Cole. Good grief. These two are gasoline and lava. Does gasoline make lava more intense? I’m not sure, but just pretend that they intensify each other, because that’s what Austin
DW
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cole Reynolds was the guy that you wanted to hate. He was cruel and had a huge chip on his shoulder. But damn was he sexy!! 🔥🔥

Austin was perfect for Cole. She was the only girl that could handle his craziness. I think she was almost as crazy as him.

The chemistry between these two was crazy hot but I shouldn’t be having these thoughts because they were 18 and still in high school.

The Great White Sharks were just that. They were sharks and no one crossed them unless they wanted to have their ass
melissa ☽
3 stars

mehh this was ok. the story was good and it kept me hooked sometimes but it wasn’t as angsty or dark and twisty as i thought. it was kinda repetitive sometimes especially at the end.

i didn’t really feel the connection between the MCs in the beginning or their “hate” for one another. their chemistry/hate/sexual tension felt kinda forced to me but that’s just me.

the heroine did fight back tho and she was strong but she gave in too easily but its the first time im not annoyed about it cuz
 Mary ❤️ DBO

★5 AMAZING Stars★

OMG, what did I just read????

Imagine similară

I'm so happy that I gave up to temptation and finally give in and devoured this amazing book. This is my second book of Shantel Tessier, and it most certainly didn't disappoint me. I Dare You had everything that I search and love in a book. The new trend has started. It's out there. A book about high school teenagers and I love it.

Imagini pentru give it to me gif

I Dare You is a stand-alone novel, told in dual POV. A dark erotic suspense novel, with twists and turns, sinister da
Sammy
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! I loved this book! Definitely the best book i have read in 2018 so far! This was my first time reading a book by this author and now i am looking forward to reading even more of them! The suspense was the best part! This book wasn't your typical love story. It had a few grammar errors, but for the most part it was beautifully written! If you haven't read this book, i highly stress that you do so!!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The minute I read this blurb I knew I needed this book. It sounded sexy, intense, erotic and suspenseful - all things I love in my books. I thought Cole and Austin were PERFECT. I loved their chemistry, their tension-filled banter and all of the extended characters in this book. It was absolutely amazing!!

When new girl in town Austin Lowes finds herself the lone girl in a crew of dangerous men where secrets and lies are like currency and danger and murder are everyday occurrences, it's a battle
Skylar Godwin
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that ending was just lazy.
Jamie Campbell
This was the first time I read any thing by this author and it won't be the last.
I freaking loved this book! There is so much mystery and so much treachery! It a freaking roller coaster ride! And I loved every minute of this hot little dirty ride

nikki
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re-read in April 2019 - I DARE YOU will always be one of my favourite bully romances.

“ I wanna watch tears roll down your beautiful face because I think you’re gorgeous when you cry. I wanna see blood on your flawless skin because you look like a priceless piece of work. And I wanna look down at you while you’re on your knees because you want to please me. I wanna make you a beautiful, broken doll, Austin. All mine to play with. All mine to fuck. All mine to destroy.”

I loved this book SOOOOOOOO
BookSmacked
Well facccckkk me I Dare You is sinfully and devilishly good. Now I will tell you when I found out that Shantel was writing this book I thought to myself OHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT !!! I am such a huge huge fan of books with deplorable behaviour. Give me characters that I want to maim and yell and scream at and I'm in book heaven.

Cole Reynolds was just that character for me. He gave no fucks, NOT ONE. He and the GWS or Great White Sharks (his band of brothers who also happen to be on the swim team toge
Julia
Eh.
Hero was a manwhore psychopath while still being a high schooler.

Heroine had betraying body in the second chapter even though hero physically harms her and threatens her life.

Not for me. No thanks.
Tina H
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“I wanna watch tears roll down your beautiful face because I think you’re gorgeous when you cry. I wanna see blood on your flawless skin because you look like a priceless work of art.”

I loved it!! I didn't want to put is down. All of the twists and turns. It reminded me of the Devil's Night Series by Penelope Douglas

“Even the devil catches feelings, or he wouldn’t go into rages. Even he knows how to love.”
Nance
Totally enjoyed this intense novel!

So dark and gripping...

And, HOT!!!! Even though these are high school seniors!

So much drama and secrets with their parents also...

Extremely hooked from page one!!!

Will not hesitate to read more from this author...
Claire Louise¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
A solid 3.75 Shark stars.

You kind of have to suspend disbelief for this book because it's high school teenagers who seem to run the entire school, town and even the adults. And there's no less than 5 murders in total by the end and ... yeah, no ramifications whatsoever.

Having said that tiny disclaimer, it was enjoyable! I couldn't help but like the asshole lead character Cole. He truly was an asshole, in both actions and his thoughts, but he had redeemable reasons for how he was the way he was
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Okay where do I start? It gave me the dark vibes from B.B.Reid but it was so different. It didn't always make sense I didn't understand it all. It got me confused a lot of the time.

I liked it but not all of it because I couldn't follow it all. But I liked the closure we got!
I don't know what more I can say. It's hard to explain.
SWEETY
So you think this is better than Paper Princess?
descriptionHoney. Please.

Austin is Ella Harper. She’s a strong, won’t take shit for anything independent woman who knows how to play the spoilt rich bad boy’s game...and Cole, he’s Callum Royal. Unfortunately they’re both the cheap knock off versions and no where close to the real deal. Cole hates Austin, just like how Callum hated Ella. Cole’s also a spoilt rich boy with some major daddy issues, and dead mom. Sound familiar? Austin is all alone, again her f
Tianna✸loves books✸
Stupid books.
Is this how teens behave?
Really?
There is no chemistry between the H and h. H is a stupid scumbag. h is stupid dumb chick.
Nopes.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 27, 2018
Genre: Dark YA/NA Romance
Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

I Dare You is the first standalone in the Dare series. While the characters are still in high school, I consider this is a new adult romance with dark elements. They are after all, 18 or close to it. Additionally, it reads like a more mature novel so I can't really describe it as YA. As far as the plot, there are dark themes woven throughout this unconventional love story. Cole is a dark soul. He doesn't mind
Saira Moodley (BookedMercy)
5 I Dare You stars!!!!

This book is definitely my best read of 2018. I went into this book completely blind, read no reviews or spoilers and it was amazing. I actually read this long ass book in one sitting (no bathroom breaks even). The dark suspense had me on the edge of my seat, turning page after page wanting more of Cole and Austin.

17-year-old rebellious Austin Lowe, has been sent to her dad’s, who she hasn’t seen in ten years, to live in a new town. On her first night there, she witnesses
ash | novelly rooted
I Dare You tells a story in which you have to greatly suspend your disbelief -- because so much of the plot is hard to imagine ever being able to occur among high school seniors. It is a bully romance. You must temporarily accept that the events that take place and the character's actions are believable.

It's hard to describe how I'm feeling having just finished.

Unease. Maybe? I don't know.

There was just something missing for me and I can't seem to place what that something is.

Within a plot fille
queen_of_the_books_18
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
5 dark stars

Now this book was everything, as soon as I read the blurb I knew this was going to be my jam.

I love alpha assholes, the more the merrier and I got that in spades with I Dare you.

I loved that the heroine was a give no fucks, play the assholes at their own game girl. They are the best kind of women! Austin was everything and more.

Now let’s talk about the great white sharks.... *fans myself*

Cole was EVERYTHING. He was the ultimate alpha and I LOVED him. Dark, dangerous and sinfully
Fallen Into Tijan...: I Dare You (Dare #1) by Shantel Tessier [November] - (UTM™: Kylie) 1 9 Oct 19, 2019 09:14PM
Same book cover 3 17 Nov 13, 2018 07:59PM

• Untouchable
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Resurrection (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High #1)
  • Saint (Angelview Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • Fear You (Broken Love, #2)
  • Rebellion (The Sainthood - Boys of Lowell High, #2)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
  • Malice
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
I'm a Texas born girl who now lives in Tulsa, Oklahoma with my high school sweetheart, and our two girls. I consider myself extremely lucky to be a stay home wife and mother. When I'm not reading or writing, I spend my time with friends and family.

Dare (3 books)
  • I Promise You (Dare #2)
  • If You Dare (Dare #3)