Start by marking “Chasing Dreams (Harper Family, #1)” as Want to Read:
Chasing Dreams (Harper Family, #1)

Chasing Dreams

(Harper Family #1)

* * * A SEXY small-town contemporary romance * * *

He's a single father. She's a former ballerina. Can they risk getting involved when a little girl's heart is involved?

Isabella Harper lived in the bright-lights of New York, a performer at the top of her field until a career-ending injury drove her home to find a new dream. If she can’t dance anymore, at least she can
Published March 19th 2018 by Anderby Lane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Dreams

Start your review of Chasing Dreams (Harper Family, #1)
Coco.V
May 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/1/2019)! 🎁
Books and Spoons
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earc, contemporary
The well-written, ardent, and passionate stories from the Oak Grove introduced the author Nancy Stopper to me, and the first installment of the Harper Family series is delivered with the same smooth and fluent way that pulls you into the life of The Harper's and their friends while telling an entertaining and enjoyable story.
Isabella Harper and Tanner Ross's story is a steamy, erotic, passion-filled tale of falling in love and learning to trust again despite the past hurt. There is a lot of int
Bette Stanek
A single dad disillusioned with love after his wife simply left because she “couldn’t be a mom anymore” and an eight-year-old daughter who has to come first makes giving a second shot at any type of a relationship nearly impossible. That’s Tanner’s lot in life. Plus, he’s always tied up with the kids at Jason’s House. Then he meets Isabella.

A newly single and disillusioned ballerina whose career ended suddenly due to an accident has come home to open a dance studio and still keep ballet in her
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Nancy Stopper speaks to the dreamers of the world. Chasing Dreams is a voice of hope in a world that can often feel hopeless. Tanner and Isabella are the perfect example of how one person can make a difference. She's lost her way. Injury has sidelined Isabella's promising career as a ballet dancer. He's lost his faith. One broken heart is one too many. Tanner wants to be happy and he wants his daughter to be happy, yet despite his penchant for encourages others to never lose heart in navigating ...more
Shari
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love single dad romances!! Tanner, single dad is wonderful to his daughter, Hayley and does not want her heart broken again, so no relationships for him. Until he meets Izzy, a ballerina who has returned to town from the big stage to open her own studio. Neither are in a place in their lives to start a relationship but can they deny the chemistry.

This is the first book in a new series by Nancy Stopper and I thoroughly loved. Loved the family of both characters, the charm of the small town and
Baca Buku
Apr 29, 2020 rated it did not like it
There was a story here. A romance between a ballerina and a social worker/single father got my attention.
But the storytelling was quite dull and the main characters were so bland. Their dialogue was bland and the way they spoke was unrealistic.
The subplots sounded interesting at first but didn't end up anywhere exciting.
I don't mind sex scenes but at least two could have just been alluded to. Those pages could have been better used elsewhere.
Yvonne Cruz
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am always looking for authors new to me , and when I came upon this book, I knew I had to give it a try.
This first book in a series about four siblings, centers around Izzy Harper. She was a prima ballerina in NYC but an injury brings her back home where she’s looking forward to opening a ballet school. She’s dealing with the loss of her career, and the boyfriend who left her when she got injured.
Tanner Ross is a single Dad, who adores his daughter and when she begs him to take her to the danc
Michelle
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tanner is a single dad who spends most of his time running a center for troubled teens, Jason's House. Izzy returns to her hometown after a career ending injury to start a ballet studio. They meet when Tanner's daughter Hayley wants to register for classes. Neither of them are looking for a relationship but when sparks fly, they keep finding reasons to cross paths. They both have been burned and are hesitant to get involved again especially with a little girl's feelings in the mix. This was an e ...more
Kim
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feel good story

This is a story about a woman who has to figure out her life after her dancing carrier was brought to an abrupt end. She also has to deal with her demons. She meets a wonderful man who is also dealing with demons of his own. They have immediate chemistry. Tanner has a daughter that is his world and he needs to protect her from being hurt. Izzy is finding who she is as a dance teacher and reconnecting with her family. They come together in spectacular fashion. Good read.
Cynthia
May 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story

Tanner was a single dad with a daughter who he loved dearly, but he worries about all the girl things she might want to do. He sees a sign for a new fan e studio opening up and he knows that his daughter would love it. Izzy is opening the studio with her best friend after recuperating from a knee injury and surgery. When she meets Tanner and his daughter she know it is something.
Sharon
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet love story

Good characters Izzy and Tanner are perfect together and his daughter Hayley adds so much warmth and humor. A quick read filled with romance, love, humor and a little intrigue. This is the start of a series and has hooked me enough to read the next book in this series. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️4 Stars from with a recommendation you read it too.
Sylvia Joseph

Story of a lost love, dreams, a fathers alcoholic addiction, Dad raising a small daughter on his own when he finally loses his heart ❤ and his desire agajn. A very elicited sexual description of wild lust. This would have been given a five star rating of I had not had to do many pages due to sexual orientation.
Jackie
Aug 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Cute story. I like all the underlying themes. Body image distortion, issues with eating, come backs after being injured and overcoming being cheated on and discarded for something new. Abandonment, among other issues were also touched on. Tanner, Izzy and Haley were adorable together with their unique family dynamic.
James Brighton
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very emotional story well written I hope the following books live up to this one

Well done Nancy keep up the good work I really enjoyed it. I will read the next book in this series
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“Chasing Dreams” is the first novel in the Harper Family series by Nancy Stopper.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Vicki Pilant
Oct 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chasing Dreams

This book was so good! It's the first I have read by this Author and I will be reading more of her books. She pulled me right into this story and I didn't want to put it down.
Barbara
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A prima ballerina is hiding out. Or is she?

Izzy retired from ballet after injury to knee. Moved home and opened dancing school. Meets Tanner and daughter Hayley. Some ups/downs but eventually HEA.
Mandi Morgan
Average

A average story. Very steamy bedroom scenes but little storyline of their relationship out of it. Both are sweet and charming characters but just not much to connect them.
Judy Nelson
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delightful story!!!

The positive attitudes exhibited in this read really warmed my heart and I enjoyed every word of it from beginning to end. Thank you!!
Marjorie M. Lotz
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CHasing Dreams

Loved the storyline. Kept one interested throughout the book. Did not appreciate the lengthy descriptions of the various sexual activities.
Rebecca
3 star

Felt character driven and relationship had enough stressors to be credible. I would read more from this author if I had opportunity.
T'Shura Sinclair
Jul 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book
Debbie
Oct 31, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kind of sappy, predictable.
One thing that really bothered me is how Tanner could frivolously spend so much money on a non-profit salary.
gloria buchman
Feb 09, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To live yourdrea

The story was A movement of emotions. Each character was brought out with real believable set of feelings. You feel the pain and notwithstanding each charactor.
Patricia
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's a really nice, warm, fuzzy with loads of love book. 2 people with wonderful dreams but still not jeopardising everything just for the sake of being together. ...more
Becky Claxon
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great start to a new series. Tanner Ross is the director of Jason’s House which is a safe place for troubled teens in Cedar Hill, Pennsylvania. He is raising his eight year old daughter Haley by himself as her mother left when Haley was young wanting nothing to do with either one. Tanner puts all his energy into the kids of Jason’s House and his daughter. In a meeting with the mayor, he is told that a new dance studio is opening that Isabella Harper, the prima ballerina from New York, is ...more
Monica
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Isabella Harper has returned home to Cedar Hill after a serious injury ended her career as a prima ballerina in New York. Now, with her good friend they have opened a dance studio in her home town where she can indulge her greatest love by teaching young children. With her hopes of a future on a New York stage behind her as well as her ex boyfriend who no longer had any use for her after her accident, Izzy is ready to move on. She just doesn't expect a handsome teen center director and his adora ...more
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A passionate, sweet and charming romance!

Chasing Dreams is the first book in the Harper Family series. This is an inspiring story full of romance, passion and emotion. There is just enough action and romance throughout to keep my interest piqued. This story caught my attention from the very beginning. I couldn’t put it down once I started reading it. This is a great book to start the new series off. It will draw you in and have you engaged from start to finish.

Nancy Stopper does a fantastic jo
DetroitSoccerMom
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to read the first book in Nancy Stopper's new Harper Family series. This book was about to Isabella Harper, who left her position as a prima ballerina in New York to return to her home town, to find a hunky single dad with a daughter who wants to take dance lessons at Izzy's new studio. The book also introduced us to some of Izzy's family, and it left me excited to see what's in store for all of them.

This author does such a great job of drawing you into the story, and Chasing D
Tracey
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This ARC was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of single father Tanner Ross, who is the director of a safe place for troubled teens to stay, but this job seems to be taking more of his time than he thought and when the Mayor suggests a new dance studio in the town for his daughter, he jumps at the chance, anything to make his daughter happy.
When they get to the studio he meets the new dance teacher, former prima ballerina Isabella Harper, who had decided after an accid
Goodreads Librari...: Combine editions 2 14 Mar 21, 2018 10:48AM

• Arrested by Love (Long Valley, #2)
  • Heat (Firefighters of Montana, #4)
  • Next Door to the Billionaire (Bluebonnets & Billionaires, #1)
  • Colton (Kentucky Green, #1)
  • Loving Kate (Silver Bay series Book 2)
  • Love Under Construction (Love By Design, #1)
  • A Cowboy's Salvation (Redemption Ranch Book 1)
  • Risking It All (Rockford Fire Department, #2)
  • Montana Baby (Calhouns of Montana, #1)
  • Maxie (Triple X Book 2)
  • One Kind Heart (One Kind Deed Series, #1)
  • Hung up on Hadley (Red Maple Falls, #5)
  • Fake Marriage to Her Best Friend (Uptown Brides #1)
  • Cowboy to the Rescue (The Hansen Brothers, #1)
  • Hot Daddy (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • The Surprise Wedding (Veils and Vows, #1)
  • Tanner's Promise (The Harlow Brothers #1)
  • The Billionaire Deal (The Sutton Billionaires, #1)
Thanks for visiting my profile. I'm a new Contemporary Romance author and I'm so excited about the possibilities. I've been falling in love with characters in books for a long time, and even more so now that they are speaking through me for other readers.

I've been remiss in updating my shelves but I'll be doing that soon, so check out some of my favorite reads, including some that I've read over a

Harper Family (3 books)
  • Chasing Hope (Harper Family, #2)
  • Chasing Trust (Harper Family, #3)