Start by marking “I am Sonia Sotomayor (Ordinary People Change the World)” as Want to Read:
I am Sonia Sotomayor (Ordinary People Change the World)

I am Sonia Sotomayor

(Ordinary People Change the World)

Sonia Sotomayor, the first Latina Supreme Court Justice, is the subject of the sixteenth picture book in the New York Times bestselling series of biographies about heroes.

This friendly, fun biography series focuses on the traits that made our heroes great--the traits that kids can aspire to in order to live heroically themselves. Each book tells the story of one of America
Published November 13th 2018 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about I am Sonia Sotomayor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I am Sonia Sotomayor

Brad Meltzer
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? Meltzer is my favorite author. Seriously, I can't wait for you to read this book. Chris knocked it out of the universe.
Shauna Yusko
Pair with Turning Pages.
KC
Love this series
Michele Knott
A fantastic introduction to Sonia Sotomayor. Pairs well with her "Turning Pages" picture book.
Barbara
Teachers and caregivers will certainly want to add this title, part of the Ordinary People Change the World series to their libraries. Featuring the first Hispanic and third woman to be appointed to the Supreme Court, the book is quite accessible as it describes Sonia Sotomayor's formative years growing up in the Bronx borough of New York, and how she set and reached various professional goals. Young readers will appreciate the graphic novel format used in telling her inspiring story as well as ...more
Amie
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
This was FANTASTIC. My teenager didn't balk at it (too much) and my three year old was engaged. I knew a little bit about Sonia, because we'd read another picture book biography before, but this greatly elaborated on that. I enjoyed it.
Michael
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Informative, accessible and inspiring, a book that should inspire many children to reach beyond their dreams. Justice Sotomayor is revealed to be a hardworking, deep-thinking woman who came from absolutely no means to become one of the most influential people in the United States today.
Earl
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ordinary People Change the World is a biographical picture book series from Brad Meltzer, best known as a bestselling author of adult thrillers. Positive and inspiring for preschoolers. Christopher Eliopoulos’ cute illustrations just add another layer of appeal! Introducing young readers to these ordinary people who fought against stereotypes and/or injustice, the books have tackled various well-known people and their causes. This one is great to pair with Justice Sotomayor's picture book autobi ...more
Lindsey
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun way to introduce my kid to an important woman. We love this series!
Yapha
Phenomenal biography of an incredible person. Some of the pages hit me so hard I had to share them with people around me. A must read for grades 2 & up.
Rusty
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favorite of the series.
Stephanie
Rutsry Rutsry
Dec 05, 2018
Kimberly Wright Oelkers
Nov 25, 2018
Brad Meltzer is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Inner Circle, The Book of Fate, and nine other bestselling thrillers including The Tenth Justice, The First Counsel, The Millionaires, and The President’s Shadow. His newest book, The Escape Artist, debuted at #1 on the bestseller list.
In addition to his fiction, Brad is one of the only authors to ever have books on the bestseller lis

Ordinary People Change the World (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • I am Abraham Lincoln
  • I Am Amelia Earhart
  • I Am Rosa Parks
  • I am Jackie Robinson
  • I am Albert Einstein
  • I Am Lucille Ball
  • I am Helen Keller
  • I am Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • I Am Jim Henson