Start by marking “A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)

A Chip and a Chair

(Seven of Spades #5)

Detective Levi Abrams and PI Dominic Russo are reunited and more committed to each other than ever, but they can’t truly move forward with their lives until the serial killer who’s been tormenting them is behind bars. When a secret burial site is discovered in the desert with the remains of the Seven of Spades’s earliest victims, that goal finally seems within reach.

But ju
Published March 11th 2019 by Riptide Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Chip and a Chair, please sign up.
iam It definitely is the last book, though there has been talk of spin-off stories about side characters.

(Personally I thought there was a lot of…more

(Personally I thought there was a lot of progression on the SoS plot - I could eliminate several potential suspects, the SoS themselves as a person/murderer made a lot of progression and especially Levi's personal relationship with and how he views the SoS developed.)(less)
Carol Levitt Wow, thanks so much for your reply; unfortunately, I don't think I can wait that long!! Patience...not my virtue...Carol

Judith
3.5

-loved Dominic and Levi,

-a bit too action packed in the last third( I got a bit bored and started skimming ),

-I already knew who the killer was going in and I'm still not convinced about the believability of it all,

-overall,I've enjoyed the series though.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Alright, I'm just going to go on record and say Kill Game and Trick Roller were my faves of the series, though this is absolutely a fun, action-packed and exciting conclusion to a heart-stopping series.

CK can layer suspense better than Duff Goldman can add layers to a cake, I tell ya!

Her plots twist and turn more than the Titan at Six Flags and that thing pulls 4.5 Gs!

^^^it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. No, for reals.

This conclusion was all sorts of fun and the whole series is not to
Nazanin
Mar 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, m-m
3.5 Stars

Well, I don’t know what to say! First of all, I really enjoyed Levi & Dominic’s relationship more in this book. They finally learned to communicate with each other properly and could fully trust each other. And the SOS’s identity was a surprise for me, I had someone else in my mind and so glad I was wrong. But I didn’t like them (view spoiler) Another thing is cons
Wendy
Absolutely awesome series, though this book was not my favorite out of the 5. I was a bit disappointed by the fact that my (personal) suspect turned out to be the killer... Normally I would have been overjoyed about being right, but in this case..not so much. It also got more and more unbelievable towards the end...

That said this is still a great series and I will write a review as soon as I have processed my thought a bit...and slept for a week. I have some catching up to do ;)
Diana
Simply....

Perfect!
Fabi
No spoilers here. Just a strong recommendation. If you haven't read this series yet, pick up book 1 asap.

That. Was. Brilliant.

Standing O for Ms. Cordelia Kingsbridge! 👏👏👏👏👏
Jill
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, mystery-crime
5 Stars! All the Stars!!

I couldn’t put it down. Well done Cordelia Kingsbridge!!
 ⚣ Marco ⚣
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Wow, I’m… I'm totally speechless.

What. A. Ride!

This is hands down one of the best mystery/crime series (both M/M and non-M/M) I have ever read.

I can’t believe that every, and I mean EVERY question raised in the first 4 books, has been answered, and every little detail has been explained. No questions left unanswered here, folks.

Now THIS is how you do a fucking series finale, authors. Take notes!

This final instalment was so very satisfying and such a brilliant conclusion to an all-around amazing
Christine
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great series!!!

What I didn’t like:
-the lack of quality time between Levi and Dominic.
We got quantity but not quality and I am so greedy for intimate moments with these two.
-the Identity of the SOS was so eye rolling and if I think too hard about how unrealistic it was I’ll end up dropping my rating so nope I’m not going to think about it 😒

What I loved:
-everything else!!!
-the action in the last quarter of the book had me on edge and I love that Dominic will do whatever is nece
Ele
*4.5 stars*

I had guessed SOS's identity in the first book and I was right. Honestly, I'm surprised that most people didn't suspect the killer sooner. Still, the moment of the revelation was magnificent, especially as far as the narrative structure is concerned. Absolutely brilliant.

The romance was very satisfying for me, same goes for the HEA. I still think that Levi is probably the sexiest MC ever.

My interest dimmed a little bit in the last because it was too action packed for my tastes, whi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

**SPOILER-FREE REVIEW**

‘This…this was it. The beginning of the rest of his life.’

Extraordinary. Magnificent. Outstanding. Masterpiece. Thrilling. Outrageous. Suspenseful. Dramatic. Real. Sexy. Romantic. Surprising.
These are all words we’ve used in relation to every single book in the Seven of Spades Series by Cordelia Kingsbridge. It is rare…so very rare to read a series where every single book is a five-star read. Where, as you finish one book and have that agonising wait for the next book, up
Susan
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it

While this was definitely a very engaging series that had me hooked from the start, I had a hard time with the previous book and I was somewhat disappointed in this final installment.

I liked this more than the angsty mess that was book 4, but I can’t say I was completely on board with the revelation of the Seven of Spades killer. I kind of suspected, but the way it was revealed and what happened after (spoiler doesn’t reveal the killer)((view spoiler)
Joana
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq, to-buy-english
I need it.
I need more Levi.
Renée
Four books of suspense. Of whodunit. I had a feeling I had hyped this up too much in my head, and I was right.

It was still great. I loved the A-HA moment when the SOS was revealed.

I was looking for a little more "what now" for Levi and Dom at the end.

Overall, still awesome, but not as great as the other books
Ariana
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, to-read-again
I did go into this with quite a bit of trepidation.

After the brilliantly angsty book 4 and all the threats the Seven of Spades made against Levi and pretty much the whole of LA, I was seriously worried about what might happen, particularly to Levi and Dom! And I was right to expect some pretty nasty stuff! Throw the actions and plans of the extremist group Utopia into the plot pot, and you get a pretty explosive story-line! (like literally...)

However, it was an absolute joy to finally see Levi a
Elena
4.5 stars for the book and 5 stars for Rebel

Before getting to my review, let me send a big, public ‘thank you’ to Rosa for an amazing buddy read. It was my first and I couldn’t have wished for a better one. Reading this series with you has made it all the much better, I can’t wait to repeat the experience. 😘

After the first four books, expectations were high and this book didn’t disappoint.

I’m not going into details about the plot, which kept my interest but was at times a bit over the top. The S
AGandyGirl
My review in gifs...

Speechless.  Truly.  This was brilliant.  Cannot wait to read this all over again.

Special thanks to my BR friends...Marco, Lloyd, Nikki, Elsbeth and Teri...What a ride!

And for my Levi and Dominic...

You boys are in my top three for sure.  Love Love Love this couple.  Damn.

Note: (view spoiler)
Chris
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous conclusion to this series ...love Levi & Dominic and glad for their final peace. An interesting unveiling and situation with the Seven of Spades, but no spoilers ! Highly recommend this series- it sucks you in and leaves you wanting more !
Bev
4.5 stars from me...now that I've come down from my reading high and had time to think things over.

No, I will not spoiler who the SoS killer is...it spoils the ending for the rest of you. I had absolutely NO clue that that person was responsible, and I really defy anyone else to say that they had honestly and truly guessed it was that person. I actually find it incredible that it was him/her, that they had no help whatsoever [other than Carmen on computers of course, oh and speaking of Carmen, w
Marion
Amazing ending to an incredible series. This has become my favourite mystery thriller series ever! Well done CK!
Tamara
March 13, 2019:

~*~*~*~*~*~

Feb 26, 2019:
mt-body-is-ready

~*~*~*~*~*~

Publication moved to March 11, 2019
Ami
EVERYTHING behind the spoiler tag, is INDEED spoiler. I will hold nothing back. Including the identity of the Seven of Spades. So don't click if you're not prepared

(view spoiler)
Monica Vidal
description

Oh boy, here we are. Last book. Are we ready to say goodbye to Levi and Dom? FUCK NO! But did we enjoy the ride so far?? FUCK YEAH! So, gather around to another great review that will probably be just me babbling and gushing my feelings away.

I started this one already pretty much like that gif above, I kinda was prepared to suffer because hello, Cordelia,right?! But I was excited about it. And she didn't disappointed. We left book 4 with Levi and Dom finally getting his issues out in the open s
Elsbeth
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I'm out of breath because all of the action. What my poor Levi was put through in all of the aspects, hurt me.

The revelation of who the "Seven of Spades" was, was not that surprising for me. It just made sense. But what happened after, when the "good guys" worked together with SoS, was confusing to me. But I guess that was the purpose, I think. Life is not black-and-white so I suppose ms Kingsbridge wanted to let us know so isn't a serial killer. This serial killer wasn't all bad..
It
Joyfully Jay
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

If you have been following this series, it would be difficult to not be aware by this point that this book has been released. This is it! The book that reveals who the Seven of Spades is and brings the series to a close. Going into this book, I had one thought as to who the serial killer could be and while I was correct, it did not lessen the blow to watch Levi see it play out. And, all credit goes to the author’s skill for leaving a few clues to trace, but ultim
Caz
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've given this an A at AAR.

Cordelia Kingsbridge’s Seven of Spades series earned a place on my Best of 2018 list, and the penultimate book, One-Eyed Royals, was actually my pick for best book of the year.  I’ve shouted from the rooftops about this series for the last six months and to say I’ve been eager to get my hands on this final instalment is one hell of an understatement!  A Chip and a Chair is, I’m delighted to say, a supremely fitting end to what has been an incredible series – a tig
~Volha~
The last chapter of Seven of Spades is finally over, and it was spectacular! I so wanted to know the how and the who and yet didn't want it to be over too soon. I fell in love with all the characters that Ms Kingsbridge painstakingly created and nurtured through all five books.

While romance between Dom and Levi took a back seat, I could still feel how much they loved each other, the emotional support that Levi gave Dom when cravings hit him too hard, and the feelings of inadequacy Dominic felt
iam
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqia, favorites
*softly* what the fuck
I can't believe it's over. And what a way to go!

SO!
The last book in what turned into one of my favourite series ever. Then again, who am I kidding, it's been a favourite ever since book 1. After the absolutely amazing first four books in the series my expectations were high, and I had no doubt that Cordelia Kingsbridge would deliver - and she did.

A Chip and a Chair (I haven't quite figured that title out yet) is a fantastic finale for a series that kept raising not just t
Alex
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cop, favorite, suspense
*** NO SPOILERS***

WOW. WOW. WOW

description

That last book got my mind completely blown away... In all the good way!
No spoilers here, fear not!

Just a simple review to tell you that you NEED to read this amazing series that is so incredibly well written and so well handle!! Until the end, I was completely captivated!!!
Dominic and Levi were just perfect. As individuals. As a couple.
I loved everything about them!
And yeah. I need to say it...

Well, not really, I suspected basically everyone. EVERYONE!! So you
Brown Eyed Girl ~Suzanne~
That was such a great ending to a fabulous series! I don’t want to say much but I was totally surprised at who the Seven Of Spades was. I am completely satisfied with the ending and will miss Levi and Dominic.
  • The Doctor's Secret (Copper Point Medical #1)
  • Spring (The Haunted Heart, #2)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)
  • Object of Desire
  • How to Be a Movie Star (How to Be #2)
  • Blindsided (Fake Boyfriend, #4)
  • Noble Hops (Trouble Brewing, #3)
  • Dirty Lies (Dirty Deeds, #2)
  • When Red Cried Wolf (Happily Ever Asher, #1)
  • Six Degrees of Agony (By Degrees, #3)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf #3)
  • Raze (Riven #3)
  • Criminal Intentions: Cult of Personality (Season One, #7)
  • Untitled (Arden St. Ives, #3)
  • Maze-Born Trouble
  • The Shadow Mark (Lords of Davenia, #2)
As of June 13 2016: After much deliberation and soul-searching, I’ve decided to remove all of my original novels from the internet. There are multiple reasons for this decision, but one of the bigger ones is that if I ever do decide to publish revised versions of these books, I’d like to get them down now before I have a potential influx of new readers.
Boston verse remains on AO3.

Seven of Spades (5 books)
  • Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)