Start by marking “Once Friends (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Once Friends (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 1)

Once Friends

(Love in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story #1)

LOVE in the USA is back! Meet the Hesters—sisters Sonja and Elaine and their cousins, sisters Robin and Theresa. It’s their time to fall in love and Fate has the right partner in mind for each—soulmates these women never saw coming.

Once Friends (Sonja & Jay)

Published March 27th 2018 by Z.L. Arkadie Books (first published March 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Once Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Once Friends

Start your review of Once Friends (LOVE in the USA, A Hollywood Love Story Book 1)
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Jay and Sonja grew up together as best friends. And they stayed best friends until an incident that stepped over the line of friendship. After that, Jay withdrew from Sonja and her sisters' lives, and she never saw him again. He's now an A-list actor who's extremely unhappy, so unhappy that he's about to quit his career until a chance meeting with Sonja's sister, Elaine. Suddenly he's energized, running around getting his new project off the ground. Now if only Sonja will be as excited about tha
Sally
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok.

While the story had some serious merit, it was ringed by awkward sex scenes and cursing. They both seemed forced and put in as an afterthought.
Jody ~ Reading To Live A Thousand More Lives
Great book

This is the first time I have ever read anything by this author. And I must say I was very impressed with this book. I just pray that Jay stays loyal to Sonja. Now I am on to the second book.
Julie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
SON

I was so bored reading this, I cant believe I even made it as far as I did. The "hey son" lines, really? Yeah, I'd be real turned on. Either way, I just couldn't hang in there. Did not finish, gave up at about the 60% mark.
Coco.V
May 25, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/25/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Once Friends (Sonja & Jay)

I never thought I’d see Jay West outside my TV screen ever again. We first met when he was eleven and I was ten. Our older sisters forced us to play together whi
Kami Dodson-Perry
Sonja manages her grandmothers apartment building.

Jay is an A-list Hollywood actor.

The two were best friends once upon a time. Then they grew up and the friend feelings turned into more. That sent Jay running.

About 5 years ago Sonja wrote a screenplay. Her agent is an ass and never really did anything with it. Finally her sister Elaine got it looked and some money in Sonja's pocket. And now after Elaine runs into Jay they want to make a TV Series out of it.

It is based on her grand
Sandra
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sonya & Jay were friends as kids but as teenagers parted ways. She has never forgotten or forgiven him so when he needs her script for a tv series, as he is now a major actor & player, they reunite. However her grandmother has complicated the production of the show. So they go on a road trip together to unravel the mystery. Actually it's quite an unusual & twisted one.

There is some angst & a bit of drama in this & we are introduced to other family members, who wil
Tami Laplante
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't know this was just the first part of Sonja and Jay's story but it was a good start Heartbreaking in places and I felt so bad for Sonja. Background should have been given more detail rather than the few flashbacks. I loved the part when they were kids and it would have been better to have started off with all of that and gotten them to the present rather than flashbacks here and there. Then they jump into bed. But I am hooked on these two and now have to read the other books to see if they ...more
CS
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 Stars

Many heartfelt and achy bits in this story as Sonja looks back at her history with Jay, and his bitter rejection of her.
Now many years later, they have a second chance at Love, and Jay has finally wised up enough to get back into Sonja’s life.
For Sonja, there’s a lot she’s been keeping inside. As she grows more confident in Jay’s love for her, she starts to appreciate the family that loves and supports her, no matter how pushy and overbearing they can be.
A well written
Julie Terra
That is the perfect title for the
Story of Sonya and Jay. Best friends as kids to just have it all fall apart. Then they meet again. I found the story to be alittle slow in the beginning. For some reason I had a hard time getting into it originally but then it does improve and the plot thickens as they navigate through their friendship. This story seems to be a prelude to other stories as you meet all of the Women in Sonya’s family and find out why they are the way they are.

I re
Maggi West
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick easy read and very entertaining. Jay, a child star actor, and Sonja were best friends growing up and into their teens. When Sonja turned 15, they were going to hangout and watch movies all night. That was the first time Jay kissed her and things heated up between, then suddenly Jay pulled back and left. He distanced himself from her and then he moved away. His career took off and 15 years later, their paths cross again. Good storyline and characters.

I received a free
Lisa H
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
They were once friends and more.
But now, years later, Jay West, former child star and actor is on the downward spiral. Hooking up with random women, not remembering how he got home....lack of performance.

Sonja Hester is always busy. She’s constructive and enterprising. And she and Jay used to be everything. Until they’re not.
Now they both are in Hollywood and she has a chance to be a writer.

This is part of a series.

I received a free copy of this bo
Diane
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The beginnings to a special love between childhood friends that loses its charm and then later in life rekindles. I don't like giving away the story line but this book starts the series & is important that it be read first so you have the background of the plot. ZL is a great writer & does an excellent job of describing the characters & the attention to detail is outstanding! I look forward to reading the next book in the series!
Hard to get into

I am not sure what I was missing but while I really enjoyed the fact that the story involved a granddaughter that was interested and invested in her grandmother's life, the stuff in between just fell short for me. The potential was there but too much missing in between. The love scenes were like college kids who have never had relations... Just not my cup of tea.
Daniella Marchand
2nd chance for the story between Sonja & Jay, who met at the Beach a the age of 11 accompnyed their big sisters Riley & Elena. At that time Jay was already an actor. Then one day, his family & him ... Moved out, breaking her heart in the proces. Now after years, they'll get their 2nd chance, but .... Will Sonja trust hem her heart again, and trusting he won't breaks it again ?

Maria Wagner
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had lies and secrets from the pass. the twist and turns of the plot gave it a edge. The characters had learn that you can't hide from your pass for long. I liked how the main characters found that they still had feelings for each other after 15 years being apart. The story was beautifully written. It was a great read.

Leo
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Filled with intrigue and a bit of mirth, we follow the reconnection of Jay and Sonja (two former childhood friends as they embark from a love lost to reuniting on a different level). Brought together through chances of a television script, they spend time together and learn more about one another. Definitely like!

Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
I love the Love in USA series and Once Friends is exceptional! The camaraderie between the sisters and cousins is touching and draws you right into the story not to mention the second chance at love for Jay and Sonya who were childhood friends but went in different ways as teenagers.

Nina Derr
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I realized at some point in this book that I should have read the Love in the USA series first cuz there seems to be some backstories that I'm missing. But I really liked this book. It's a great second chance romance with a slight tinge of mystery. This book isn't action packed but a lot of stuff is happening, especially when Sonja starts learning some new information about her grandma. I had a few dropped jaw moments myself. Looking for to reading Now Lovers.
Sheila
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sonja and Jay were friends when they were young but when they were older he moved away and didn't see each other for years and now he's back. Jay came back because he never forgot his friend and now he wants more than friendship. Enjoyed reading the story but do not like the fact that is a second part.

Alisha
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy second chance romances, so I enjoyed this one with some little bits of mystery involved in it. I've never read this writer before, but really enjoyed the style of writing and look forward to reading the next in series as I have to see what happens next since it ended in a cliffhanger!

Linda Kopec
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderful second chance at a relationship story that has just enough character development, mystery, and story depth to grab your attention and hold it until the cliffhanger ending. I received an advanced readers copy of this book and am gladly leaving this review. I also purchased this book.

Brenda Moser
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a well written second chance romance between Sonja and Jay. I loved their characters and the story line. The author does a great job building the story and keeping you glued to your seat. I'm looking forward to the next book.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC on this book. All opinions in this review are my own and freely given.
Tanya
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
They had been friends when children but as they got older and a kiss changed all that. Now she only see him on tv. Then she meets him again and he offers her a job. What will she do? Will it break her again if she takes the chance? See what she will do

Tracey
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and was drawn into it from the beginning. I love to read about old friends who fate brings together and gives them a second chance.
I recommend you read this book to find out what fate has in store for these two.

Danielle Zimmerman
A cute friends to something more-kind of story with a really interesting deep dive into one of the characters’ pasts. I wasn’t expecting the story to go the way it did but was so glad when it did. Looking forward to reading the sequel.
Hanna
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a Hollywood love story, and it is the best kind because not only is there plenty of steamy scenes and a wonderful plot but it all works out for them in the end

Geraldine Streit
I’m not sold on this story. No real problem with it but the character are somehow not really deep. And a lot of information are throw in different direction but not a real storyline is define.

Barbara
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fifteen years is a long time not to talk to someone who was your best friend but that is what happened to Jay West and Sonja Hester. Now they have a second chance, a well-written story I enjoyed reading.
Carissa
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! LOVE in the USA is a great series and I loved getting to know these characters. I also loved that some of my favourite characters from previous books appeared or were discussed!

I cannot wait for the next book!
Love, Love, Love!! 1 2 Mar 27, 2018 05:13PM

• Dirty Player (Back to You, #2)
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
  • Once Upon A Time: Billionaires in Disguise: Flicka (Runaway Princess Bride, #1)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • Dirty Bet
  • The Billionaire Stepbrother (Young Billionaires, #1)
  • Proposals
  • Decidedly Off Limits (By The Bay, #1)
  • Bedded Trouble (Found in Oblivion Books #1-2)
  • The Bride Stripped Bare Free Sampler
  • Naughty Desires (Naughty Shorts, #1)
  • Dominick's Secret Baby (The Promise They Made, #1)
  • Anything for Love (Hunter Brothers, #1)
  • Trust Fund (The Trust Fund Duet, #0.5)
  • Seized By Love (The Ryders #1; Love in Bloom #38)
  • Talk to Me
  • His Private Fix (Love at the Beach Book 1)
  • Bride in Trouble (Bay of Islands Brides, #1)