Start by marking “Mel and the Mob (The Misadventures of Mel Jones Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Mel and the Mob (The Misadventures of Mel Jones Book 1)

Mel and the Mob (The Misadventures of Mel Jones Book 1)

Mel Jones has it all: beauty, brains, a job where she makes a ton of money, and dozens of admirers. But, unfortunately for her, she has a deep, dark secret. And, unfortunately for those around her, she has a legendarily short temper and an uncanny ability to make absolutely awful decisions.

Somehow, she winds up in the middle of the Goodard’s family drama when Harriet Good
Kindle Edition
Published March 18th 2018 by Solstice Publishing - Summer Solstice Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Mel and the Mob, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mel and the Mob

Cynthia Austin
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: solstice-authors
Mel Jones has a new job as a legal analyst for a pharmaceutical company. Her first job: research Blazes Corp., a company interested in doing business with her new company.

With the boss’s daughter in Tow—Yeah, Mel got the job of babysitting a teenager on the first day—Mel checks out the sketchy company and uncovers a drug front, with cocaine and real life mobsters!

As if that’s not enough, she then uncovers a murder and kidnapping plot. Needless to say, Mel Jones has her work cut out for her.

A f
Sandy
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Misadventures of Mel Jones” series begins as it should, with the introduction of Mel Jones. Mel is a character many of us can relate to.

Not all of us made the wisest decisions as young, all-knowing, teenagers. Some of us continued down that path, not knowing what else to do, while others learned and moved on. Fortunately, Mel fell into the latter. As such, she became a gifted lawyer and an asset at her new job working for a young genius-turned millionaire entrepreneur.

Some may say Mel is i
Cassondra Windwalker
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast-paced, light-hearted read. As long as you don't examine events too closely or take Mel too seriously, you'll enjoy this wild romp through a corporate drug den, an attempted kidnapping, and a foiled murder, complete with an only-slightly-spoiled heiress and her devastatingly handsome father. Mel has no intention of playing along with anyone who dares to make decisions on her behalf, no matter how attractive they are or how in charge of her own paycheck, so she is very much the mistress of ...more
Wopsywoobookblog
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mel and the Mob reads like a satire. I enjoyed the plot and the main character but the story read quite ‘higgeldy piggledy.’ What I mean but that is it seemed rushed in places and I struggled to keep up, over-reading some paragraphs several times.

The main character was funny and a bit like Mr Bean to me, quirky. I wasn’t keen on the boss Maxwell, I found his personality to be quite challenging and stand-offish. The other characters were okay but didn’t hold a lot of interest for me.

I’m giving
Tracy Stanley
Apr 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mel and the Mob was an easy and enjoyable read. Classic chick lit with likeable characters. Story moves along at a clippy pace with some great one liners. I would encourage you to bounce along with Mel as she starts a new job and uncovers dastardly plans affecting the company and her new boss – who she probably fancies more than she thinks.
Amy Shannon
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice read

This book was a great, and I liked that there is a hint of investigation, but it's a very light-hearted and wild story. Mel is a great main character, and I look forward to many more investigations. There is more to Mel then people see, and she has great courage and a lot of depth as a character. There is a good balance of actual investigation and misadventures of Mel, which made for a great flow in the story. I like Lovell's writing style, and that brings me to read her work. Great rea
Heather Hollister
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read!

I absolutely loved this book . It is well written. It keeps you wanting more. Mel is my favorite character. She is smart and strong willed. Give this book a try. Molly you definitely write a story that will make you want more.
Jamie reid
Mar 27, 2018
Lois Crockett
Dec 19, 2018
Christina Oswald
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously loved this book. Mel Jones isn't your typical lawyer. She's mouthy and independent. And she doesn't let her size hold her back.s
The writing is good and will suck you in. I couldn't stop reading until I was done. Now, I'm ready for the next book. I need to know what happens to Mel. Argh...cliffhangers!
Molly Lovell
Mar 21, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Mary
is currently reading it
Ana Maria Mumm
is currently reading it
May 21, 2018
Molly V. Lovell is a law student at William and Mary by day, novelist by night. Her hobbies include writing (obviously), painting, looking at cute puppies, and reading books about political theory, a subject that Molly has a Master’s Degree in. Molly was born and raised in Amesbury, Massachusetts, by her two amazing parents and she now lives in Hyattsville, Maryland, with her loving husband.
“I’ve always liked a cute pair of shoes, even if they tore my feet to shreds.” 0 likes