Start by marking “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay” as Want to Read:
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay

(Fantastic Beasts The Original Screenplay #2)

At the end of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the powerful Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald was captured in New York with the help of Newt Scamander. But, making good on his threat, Grindelwald escapes custody and sets about gathering followers, most unsuspecting of his true agenda: to raise pure-blood wizards up to rule over all non-magical beings.

In an effort to
Published November 16th 2018 by Pottermore from J.K. Rowling

To ask other readers questions about Fantastic Beasts, please sign up.
Adina Conroy Definitely not. Have to agree with Enes F and Angelina here. If your only point of reference is the Harry Potter series, I can see how the question…moreDefinitely not. Have to agree with Enes F and Angelina here. If your only point of reference is the Harry Potter series, I can see how the question would come up. For the most part, all of the HP movies follow the books in general. However, because you are taking a large book and cutting it down to a 2 hour movie there are obviously things that have to be left out and changes made by merging scenes or changing the characters making the statements/doing the actions. In my experience, most movies do not follow the books past the characters and part of the plot. Further, by only watching the movie you are not only missing out on the author's point of view, but also seeing what the directors and actors interpret and think will sell in a theater as opposed to what you would get out of the story by reading/listening to the book directly. To summarize: too much missing information and too many changes to consider watching a movie comparabable to reading/listening to the book.(less)
Julia I didn't read it because I found this to be the most disappointing of any HP film. IMO it had no plot. It wasn't just that there were too many…moreI didn't read it because I found this to be the most disappointing of any HP film. IMO it had no plot. It wasn't just that there were too many characters and it was confusing. There was just no story (Challenge: write the summary for this story. I bet it would be a lot of "and then it's revealed that..." or "but then it turns out this isn't true because..."). It's like a movie-version of the encyclopedia Rowling always wanted to write: just lots of background info with very little to tie it all together.(less)

Kai
May 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Destroying Everything That Is Good about the Wizarding World - A Guide in 10 Steps

It is likely that you have already seen the Fantastic Beasts sequel this week. I mean, we have waited two years for this, right? No point in waiting any longer. If you have not seen it, you might hold off from reading this review. It contains ALL the spoilers and might ruin the film for you. After seeing it two days ago, I left the movie theatre, not sure what to think. I was angry a
Bookdragon Sean
I watched the movie last night, then read the screenplay this morning. I’m going back to watch it again tonight. I guess that means I like it, a lot.

Here's three things that made the story REAL interesting:

1. Grindelwald’s leadership

description

This is the first time we are really seeing his character. And it’s a little more complex than I supposed. Unlike Voldemort, Grindelwald is not inherently evil and he doesn’t appear to desire power for himself (only the fruition of his vision for the world, a bette
Mohammed Arabey
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me exited to be back to the Wizarding World :

Me after watching Crimes of Grindelwald :

This unsatisfyingly, incomplete plot that cast a Confundus Charm on every die hard Potterhead like me.

Fantastic Beasts: The Sequel - Part One

Back in 2016, it was intended a Trilogy..with a promising first movie..

But like the splitting of the 7th HP book, this sequel felt splitted just to make 5 Movies instead of 3

PLUS, the plot's wasted in a Red Herring chase. And if the ending twist's true, that'd be Burning t
Zainab Shah
description

I finished this book in under an hour because I just could not put it down.
I don't know how to review this without giving too much away because I genuinely want everyone to enjoy this book as it is.
Okay first off, I was never a fan of Dumbledore in HP and I didn't like him in this one as well. I just find him annoying. And don't get me started on Grindelwald! Such an ass ://
If you haven't already seen the movie or the trailer then I wouldn't spoil it for you but two of the characters from Harr
Omar Fadel
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, english, ebooks
"Magic blooms... only in rare souls."

Exactly two years ago, on November 16th, 2016, 10:46 am, I finished Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the first time in my life. I was so excited to read its sequel. And indeed I picked the Chamber of Secrets immediatly. I envied those who read Harry Potter before it was done, who wait for the new books to be released. I wasn't aware that two days after that, there was a new prequel long awaited will hit theaters.

Now, two years after, I can feel i
Emma
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I saw the movie last week and knew I had to read the screenplay.
My thoughts are basically the same of the movie. I love Newt Scamander, he's a very interesting and unique character and every time he has a scene I'm happy. I really enjoyed the new characters that were introduced in the story, like for example Leta, Theseus and Nagini. I just think that the Nagini storyline is unnecessary but we'll see how it's developed in the future.
I'm really interested in Grindelwald and Dumbledore's past and
Bonnie
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, 1-read-2018, ya
What the fuck even was that.

I haven't watched the movie yet so this is solely a review of the book, but wow, I'm certainly not rushing to the theatres anytime soon.

The story is seriously a big hot mess though and while I loved the first installment, the follow-up really threw everything I liked about it into a blender. The characters changed in ludicrous fashion, the motivations behind the characters themselves were murky at best, and there was little to no plot development. This feels like the
Brian  9 ¾ ⚡
Nov 15, 2018 rated it liked it
⭐⭐⭐ ACCEPTABLE

J.K. Rowling's imagination is beyond words. She uses her talent in storytelling and creates vivid imageries both as a novelist and a scriptwriter, which in my opinion one the best writers in the world.

The Good:

1. The second installment of the Fantastic Beasts was completely different from the first one.

2. More passive, in terms of the movement of the plot arc.

3. Slower than the first one, but much darker and juicier.

4. Newt and Tina obviously an OTP

5. HOGWARTS! DUMBLEDORE! DADA
Lucy
Jun 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wizarding-world
Of course I'm going to eventually buy this book and go to the cinema to watch the adaptation, of course I'm finding it hard to divorce from JK Rowling after all these years and all the amazing things the Wizarding World has done for me. But as many new books, adaptations and plays come out, Harry Potter started for me in book 1 and ended in book 7. There was no reason to add more, neither before Harry's timeline or after. For some reason I don't welcome all these new additions with the same enth ...more
Charlotte (The Writers' Crown)
This better not win best fantasy novel again like last year... am just sayin
Denise Bücherwunderland
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gestern habe ich den Film im Kino gesehen und heute kam das Buch an 😏😍. Absolut perfektes Timing! Deswegen habe ich es heute gleich gelesen 😂.
Ehrlich gesagt habe ich die Drehbücher von Band 1 und 2 beide jeweils kurz nach dem Film gelesen 🤔. Deswegen habe ich die Szenen bereits im Kopf. Wäre das nicht der Fall, würde mir die Aufmachung als Drehbuch wahrscheinlich nicht so gut gefallen 😂.

Mehr werde ich dazu nicht sagen 😎, ich werde schweigen 😏😝, weil ich euch sonst bestimmt irgendwie spoilern wü
Beatrice ~ Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic
The revelation about Nagini blew my mind. 🐍😱 BLOODY HELL WHAT?! It never crossed my mind. To me Nagini is just a snake.
Adah Udechukwu
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay is awesome and brilliantly written. I loved every moment. Its totally 5 star.
AGamarra
Nov 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inglaterra
"Eh, eh, eh. Todo saldrá bien. Estamos juntos en esto, amigo. Yo te ayudaré. Te ayudaré a buscar a Tina y luego buscaremos a Queenie y volveremos a ser todos felices, como en los viejos tiempos."

Definitivamente ésa es una de mis frases favoritas. De hecho la interrelación de las dos parejas es lo que más me gusta de la saga. Este libro de hecho es una recopilación casi textual de la película, así como el primero al cual le había dado una ojeada por lo que ya sabía que este volumen iba a ser así.
Lata
Idrissa
Oct 12, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So Nagini is a maledictus... How did she end up with Voldemort? I can't wait until November.
Ash
Silvana
Canonical-inconsistencies galore and repetitive plot devices (Polyjuice potion, breaking into ministries, prophecies, etc), labyrinthine subplots, all of which either went nowhere or led to many, many questions. Maybe JKR should get assistants to help with her own canon so we fans know which one to believe. Alas, two years to spend in waiting.

PS: Everyone is related!
Abby
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
So. I have not liked anything in the Harry Potter Universe that has come out post-Deathly Hallows, except Tales of Beedle the Bard. I have read this simply because I have read everything JKR has put out, and also admittedly because I can’t argue against it when I haven’t experienced it.

I didn’t like the first film/script. I thought that it used racism in America without commentary, which is perhaps dangerous. There were trolls and elves being put in the positions of people of color, which is li
Azbaqiyah

2018.5.30

The cover 😍😍😍
Megha Patel
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So, this was the very first Wizarding World movie that I got to see in the theater. I wasn’t into Harry Potter when the movies were coming out and when Fantastic Beasts came out, I didn’t have anyone to go see it with. So, this experience was very emotional. Seeing the Warner Bro logo and hearing the HP theme brought me to tears.

The story is of course amazing, A lot of people may have a different opinion but I loved every single second of it. I believe JKR will work her magic and we will unders
Helena ✰ FC
I enjoyed it...but I’m also very confused???

RTC
Nicis
FBTCOG is a mess™ but I still had a good time watching it, mainly because of all the references to HP stuff. As with the screenplay of the first one, this adds nothing new to what is seen, but the desing is beautiful and the timeline with the flashbacks and character ages is a lot more clear that in the movie (even if that character that should-not-be-where-she is according to the canon and I don't know what JKR is going to say to make it right???)

Anyway, I went in with no expectations and at le
Michelle Curie
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
"You don't seek power or popularity. You simply ask, is the thing right in itself? If it is, then I must do it, no matter the cost."

Oh. Oh. Oh. I just can't help it. Two years ago, when Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them came out, I was skeptical and yet I literally ran into the cinema, giddy with excitement. It's been two years, and here I am again! Just as keen, just as nervous.

One of the things I liked so much about the first one were the characters. And it's been great catching up wi
Mayy Wilde-Shakespeare

"Do you know why I admire you, Newt? More, perhaps, than any man I know? You don’t seek power or popularity. You simply ask, is the thing right in itself? If it is, then I must do it, no matter the cost."

I’m major Potterhead. This series has a very very special place in my heart and I personally think that Harry Potter is as perfect as it can get. I also love Fantastic Beasts, I loved the characters and the storyline so I had EXTREMELY high hopes for the sequel.

I couldn’t really decide how to r
Mea
Nov 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Wow.
I don't know what to think.
I don't know how to rate this.
Despite her lack of representation in Harry Potter and letting the Cursed Child exist, I still admired Joanne Rowling. She's been my hero. I loved the way she used words, her witty humor, her activism, her imagination, and her amazing ability to know what to say in every situation. This book has added to my worry that she only cares about money anymore. I can't yet say that I've lost all admiration and respect for her,because I m
Christie K.Rowling
Yaaaass Queen!!!!! 😍👌
Courtney (bookplaces)
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Oh boy… there is a lot of controversy related to this second installment in the Fantastic Beasts series. Even in my own home there has been debate, opinions, and even little pup huffs from my dog as the conversation goes ‘round and ‘round. As an avid JK Rowling fan, I decided to give the screenplay a read and, surprisingly, ended up devouring it in one sitting.

This mini review will be based on the screenplay and is only my personal thoughts and initial impressions as I finished reading the scree
75 Books: Book Buddies - The Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling 13 14 8 hours, 26 min ago
New Movie/Screenplay - What Did You Think? 3 8 Nov 28, 2018 06:25AM
Harry Potter Fana...: Fantastic Beasts and the Loss of Continuity 3 1 Nov 24, 2018 07:17AM
SPOILERS!!! How Was The Ending?/Better Than The First? 2 9 Nov 24, 2018 06:36AM