Start by marking “Found in Night (The Dragori, #2)” as Want to Read:
Found in Night (The Dragori, #2)

Found in Night

(The Dragori #2)

Dragon Shifters. Undead. Revenge.

Life has not been the same since the attack on the ship. Affected by the Druid's power, something dark lurks within Hadrian Vulmar, threatening the existence of those around him.

Following a lead, Zacriah and Nyah head into the forest on an expedition to cure him. When they are ambushed by the living dead—bodies controlled by shadow—covered
Published June 12th 2018 by Oftomes Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Found in Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found in Night

Start your review of Found in Night (The Dragori, #2)
Ben Alderson
May 02, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I am writing this today because edits are finally DONE! What a massive day! I have worked my little behind off for the past months to try and make this perfect for you all. I really wanted to write a quest style story and finally have. Found in Night follows the drama in book one, and see's our team getting bigger with new friends and old enemies. We meet monsters, creatures and the undead. I can't wait for you all to read this JUNE 12th!
Taran Matharu
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More please!
Keifer Duncan
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an E-ARC of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
I absolutely LOVED this! This series deserves so much more recognition, like I can't recommend it enough. It has diverse characters, an expansive fantasy world, ACTION, ROMANCE... Just... it's so great and the characters (and creatures) are amazing. I love the LGBT representation and can't wait to read more from Ben in the future.
Hendrik Van Den Bergh
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story. I loved it from the beginning to the end.

I received an E-ARC from Ben Alderson and it was a big honor for me.

Your writing style is amazing and it lets you want to be part of the whole story.

I cannot wait for Poisoned in Light.
Venla
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, young-adult
Everyone seems to love this book but sadly, I cannot say the same. This is the second book in Alderson's The Dragori series, the first book was Cloaked in Shadow which I absolutely loved. This second part didn't do its job as well as I was hoping it would.

I find it really hard to write about this book but I'm trying my best here. The main reason why I didn't like this book that much was that it was kinda boring even tho there were lots of action. I just couldn't get into the whole story this
Jasmine
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ben has done it again! Found in Night is an enthralling adventure keeping you on the edge of your seat. If you loved the first book then this is a must read!

I love the relationship between the characters and Ben’s writing really makes you feel like you are with them experiencing the same situations they are in. You feel every emotion in this diverse and complex world! It's a must read!
Alexa
MY ZAC
T.B. Caine
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Booktube

Alderson is a genius when it comes to pacing. You will be gasping and he waits JUST long enough for you to zone back into peaceful vibes before he'll hit you with another gut punch. The twists never feel like they are for shock value and they feel like they are properly paced out.

This series does lean on a wee bit more "dark" fantasy vibes so def don't read this if you want a story where like everyone lives and there is no sadness. Because so many people die and it feels like no one
Carol
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq
FOUND IN NIGHT (The Dragori series #2)

• : 5,0/5

: I’ve been truly amazed by how much growth I saw it while reading this sequel. The author did something I didn’t think he could do it, he made this book even better than the first one Showing us his ability to world build in a smart way and the culture and legends inside this new world, also a bunch of new places with incredible descriptions.
New characters and old characters coming together, to make this journey even richer than before!
Shauna
Feb 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
Nothing in this book made sense.
S. McPherson
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The plot thickens! Some nice new characters and surprising twists!
Gemini
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zac and Hadrian is probably my favorite ship in YA at the moment.
Valjomi527
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Typos. Galore

I read the first book and was intrigued enough to continue to this, the next book. I stopped halfway through, the typos were that egregious. In the description of a fight scene it read "serving" a head instead of "severing". A bow was strapped "in his back" instead of "on" and his sword was "wrapped" around his waist. Practically every page had something. I had enough.
Kathryn
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Hello Petal...I feel nothing but relief for seeing you."

Plot
Found in Night is taking place a little while after book one left off. Zach and crew are now in Eldnol and they are waiting in anticipation for the Druid to make his next move. They are also trying to heal Hadrian and deal with whatever the Druid did to him while in his possession. But nothing ever goes as planned in books I think we all know that. Hadrian gets consumed by what the elves call, Heart Majick, which makes him incredibly
Danielle
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Agita
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
As much as I was hoping to love it and have the same feeling I was left through reading Cloaked in Shadow, somehow, Found in Night didn't leave me with that feeling. I sure enjoyed as you can tell from the rating but it was still missing that spark (or in this case the last star).

It was really hard to read it sometimes but being at work and the hot weather, being tired 24/7 made me push the reading back. It was well written as the first one. Sure, it was more plot driven than Cloaked in Shadow
Charlotte Campbell
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
This thrilling sequel to Cloaked in Shadows will leaving you yearning for more adventures with all of the characters.

Zac has finally unlocked his Dragori abilities and unfortunately is going to have to use them to help him find a cure to whatever it is that has affected Hadrian after the Druid got hold of him. Hadrian and Zac travel around to find the cure, while trying to find out about what to do with the Druid and learning more about their history as Dragori.

I loved this book so much as it
Kendra Lawrence
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Dragori is one of those hidden gems you stumble across, and wish you’d discovered sooner (even though Found in Night just came out this year, 2018). It has a gay romance and elves, two of my favorite things in one (not to mention asexual representation, which was awesome).

The elves do seem more…human-like, I guess. Those who have read other books with elves will know what I mean. They also have body and facial hair. While I wish they had been more “elf-like”, this is personal preference,
A.Bibliophiles.Book.Blog
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC in exchange for an Honest review: The world he created is so colourful and magical, you can feel the story come to life, feel the cold and smell the breeze as it blows through the forests. Ben truly knows how to write sceneries, he knows how to make you feel like you’re there! There’s a ton of action and adventure in this book. The characters barely get to sit still for more than a page before moving on and continuing on journeys and missions or being attacked by beasts or ...more
Freedom
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After a shaky start Ben Alderson has swept me up into his world once more. More being the operative word: more action, more adventure, more magic, more romance and more exciting new characters and perhaps more heartache...maybe.

Ben continues to improve and his story telling is like a web, woven in fine silks. World building and his description makes you feel as though you can reach out and touch the fabrics and smell the scents and really feel the world he's created.

His character development is
Jo Painter
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I went into Found in Night with the highest of hopes and I wasn't disappointed!

The story starts straight from where we left off and sets into a high paced and unforgiving plot, with the introduction of new characters (Jasrov and Bell being my favourites) as well as some old faces and our usual favourites. The fast paced nature of this book is what I loved most about it as you arent given a moment to process whats happened before you are turning the page and another plot twist is set into
Tati Reads Books
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is finally here and let me just start by saying it was absolutely amazing !!
I literally finished this book in a few hours, I could not put it down!!
5 stars (if I could give more I would) GO READ THIS BOOK!!

Found in Night is the second book in the Dragori series and you know how sometimes the second book can be slow and pretty much just a filler for the next one... Yeah that did NOT happen !!

This book stands on it's own, it's really action packed, and it had all the infotmation we need but
Nyx93
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
What happened with the book?! I'm so so disappointed, it's like it s written by totally different person.

It was boring, cliche, with unimaginative dialogs, one dimensional characters. I didn't feel chemistry between main protagonist. I was constantly rolling my eyes, that i was afraid that they will permanently stuck . There wasn't any growth, nothing new like in the first book, plot was so bad, and don't let me start with the end. I just want to know how will author get out from that black
Katelyn Anderson
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There was NON-STOP action in this book and I loooooved every moment of it. I am obsessed with this world that Ben has created! There’s so much depth to his world building, and so much creativity seeping from the pages. I can’t wait to see what happens in Poisoned in Light and how he wraps this spectacular series up. Speaking of which, I would LOVE to have a prequel during the fall of the druids to see what actually happened because I feel like there’s more than meets the eye with that history!
Amanda Eisenthal
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!

I have been highly anticipating this book since the brilliant first offering and I have to say, it did not disappoint!
A well paced, exciting continuation of Zac’s adventures as he faces the Druid’s threat. He’s such a complex yet kind character who really connects with the reader. I love Nyah, a strong female sidekick and her badass attitude!
I highly recommend this book and now face the agony of awaiting the next installment.
A very brilliant job well done Mr Alderson!
Kaka_shi
Jun 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Kimberly
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
I LOVED book 1 so much (it was one of my favorite reads from last year) and so it physically and emotionally pains me to say that this second installment just didn't do it for me like the first one did. I found reading Found In Night to feel more like a chore than a treat and that made me sad. The story seemed to drag on forever with nothing really interesting going down until the end. Also, this one had so many more typos than book one had and it drove me a wee bit bonkers. I still loved the ...more
Shawna Oakes
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ursula Visser
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the series took the story to a darker place. Hadrian is not well and Zachriah is feeling all sorts of things: love, helplessness, anger towards the reason of Hadrian's struggle.

In this book Zachriah teams up to get a cure for his lover, but that is easier said than done.
And with THAT ending, I needed to read on, so picked up the last book at ones.

Ben Alderson is gold! I love this series.
Louise Hill
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved this book and continuation of the previous story. Can't wait to read the next one and am sad the story will be ending!

The only reason I knocked it down a star as it was really bothering me the amount of words that were spelt incorrectly, as if it hadn't been proof read. E.g. where/were, they're/there/their.

• The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • The Enchanter's Soul (The Ellwood Chronicles #2)
  • The Witch's Seal (The Ellwood Chronicles #0.5)
  • Prince of Death (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • All Souls Near & Nigh (Soulbound, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • Found at Sea (Tales of Fate #1)
  • Elemental Magick (The Donovan Coven #1)
  • The Bones Beneath My Skin
  • Prince of Air and Darkness (The Darkest Court, #1)
  • The Witch's Blood (The Ellwood Chronicles #3)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Forbidden (Siren Cove #1)
  • Shadowing the Light (The Bearer of Truth #1)
  • Blackbird in the Reeds (The Rowan Harbor Cycle, #1)
  • Dra'Kaedan's Coven (D'Vaire, #1)
  • Hidden (Siren Cove #2)
"Ben Alderson is the book vlogger you want to know from across the pond. This 22-year-old UK native is steadily making a name for himself with not only his YouTube book vlog, but also his Instagram account ...where he is followed by thousands who can't get enough of his artsy shots of books."
- Teen Vogue.

Side from running his very own micro-publishing company, Oftomes, you can find Ben in the

The Dragori (3 books)
  • Cloaked in Shadow (The Dragori, #1)
  • Poisoned in Light (The Dragori, #3)