Start by marking “Rescue Her Heart” as Want to Read:
Rescue Her Heart

Rescue Her Heart

(Rescue Her Heart #1)

A Lesbian Scifi Romance Adventure.

Two women. One galaxy.
As a decorated Space Ranger in the 8th Galaxy, Captain Natalie (Nat) Reynolds has an exciting, albeit lonely, life. Yet, when Nat answers a distress call from a craft in trouble on a nearby planet, it has the possibility of changing the trajectory of her life forever.
Catherine Porter is down on her luck in the wors
Published May 4th 2018 by Author via Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Rescue Her Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescue Her Heart

Start your review of Rescue Her Heart
Michele
DNF. You win some, you lose some. Should have read Ted’s review before downloading. Thankfully this was free via kindle unlimited. A Sci-Fi book that had no Sci-Fi feel to it at all. Eye rolling dialogue and forgettable MC’s.
Ted
May 05, 2018 marked it as dnf
This book is a mess. I just can't. ...more
BookFiend17
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
KC Luck’s Rescue Her Heart was a quick enjoyable read. Well-paced and easy to get lost in. I love sci-fi and romance novels so it’s a great mix of both. It also has an age gap theme which I’m a huge fan of, though my fave are normally older women, this one had two leads approx age 18 and 28. I tend to stay away from reading about younger characters. It’s just a quirk if mine. I did like these characters though and they were enjoyable to follow. The story really got going for me when we get to me ...more
Jax
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m confused. Why use a sci fi setting and then have every reference except the ships be earth in this time period? It was distracting and disappointing.

I think at this point I can safely say, unless someone is very clever, instalove is completely unbelievable and not my thing.

If it is your thing this book will be a better read.

Ultimately 2.5 stars? I don’t know, my star scale is rubbish, but 2 feels too low and 3 a bit too high?
Lorraine Rusnack
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had my heart in my throat through half the book. The fight scenes were great. Nice twist with Sal’s character and I can’t wait to start the next book. Nat and Catherine are going to be awesome together. Catherine is way tougher and smarter than people think. P.J. Morgan is amazing. She captured the characters heart and soul in her voice.
Endlesscribbles
DNF: a total mess. Easy read but all over the place for me
Kat
Dec 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best sci-fi I read so far...

It is a lovely space travel story about 2 people, from 2 different worlds. In the end as in all good stories, they end up together.
Pam Holzner
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a kindle unlimited read and it was fairly ridiculous but I found myself getting sucked into the adventure of it anyway.

Apparently this was K. C. Luck's 1st novel.

Complaints hidden here: (view spoiler)
Kerstin
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Have you seen this cover!? Finally someone who understands how important a good cover can be, one of the best I have seen so far in lesfic.

I really liked the premise and the setting. I love SciFi ad Space Ranger are really cool. But the one thing I don´t like is Insta Love, I mean it was just a picture!
The Writing was really good, the characters likeable and the story plot on itself was a good idea. But this whole Insta Love and back and forth on Cathrines mindset knocked it down a notch. I mean
Kim
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great debut!

I really enjoyed KC's debut novel! The characters were badass women that took us on action packed adventures, with some spicy lovin' thrown in! If you like intergalactic travel & some swashbuckling action, you will enjoy this novel! I hope KC's wife bets her again! I'd love to see what she comes up with next!
XR
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
K
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Entertaining, and not as much of a mess as I feared based on prior reviews.
Ceh131973
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a slightly different twist on the police officer/military officer and civilian love story. The characters were well developed. There was pleanty to0 keep the plot flowing and it was very readable. Normally I shy away from anything space but this was very well done and not "out there". I am looking forward to reading more from Ms. Luck. ...more
Angus
Feb 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Poor writing, agonising grammar, hackneyed plot, cardboard characters. As soon as the words “space rangers” and “pirates” come up, you know that it isn’t going to be good, but the quality of the writing soon makes it go downhill.

It all adds up to a book that was just painful to finish. Fortunately, it isn’t all that long.
Mallory
Disclaimer: I received and ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Rescue Her Heart is a fun debut novel featuring a mysterious disappearance of both father and fuel, space girlfriends and pirate battles. I would call it science fiction light, so if you are interested in a lot of word building, this might not be for you. However, if you are a fan of adventure romance and can go along with some space travel and blaster battles, you will enjoy this whirlwind romance.

I found this book tr
katherine Ullio
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!!!

I have put this book on a back burner for a long time. Please don't ask yourself...how long? Long enough to not remember. Enough said about that stupid move.
Way to go K.C. LUCK!!!
For a first time author, well done. I did not think I was going to like this book at all. More description on the characters, a tiny bit more proof reading for typos, misspelling etc. (I seen far worse) these are merely minor critiques.
Your story blasted me right into super reader mode. I could not put this book
Lee McLean-Houle
May 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Disclaimer: I received and ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I like space stories and this book had a great story line between 2 females and alot of twists and turns. I enjoyed the story overall. My one criticism is as much as I think the two leads are totally bad-ass, their inner thoughts (in italics) made them seem not as strong. In fact, I grew to dislike the inner thoughts of each woman by chapter 20 or so. The whole story could use a bit more editing as there were a few gra
DR
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have to remember I'm not the author of this exciting book. I will share that emotions of all characters was effectively described through dialogue and not a lot of internal "telling". That's always refreshing. An 11 year Space Ranger veteran losing all sense of direction because of an 18 year old? That was far fetched. A deep-cover operative not hailed as a hero?
In a nutshell, the book was a good story and got more exciting when the pirates became a large part of the story.
I recommend this boo
Meredith McLaughlin
Rough in spots but has promise

The story has promise.

The author needs an editor, immediately. Language mistakes and stilted conversational style are peppered throughout. It’s distracting and takes away from the book.

The story was predictable & the central love story was much too neat. Especially as attitudes towards gay people seemed stuck in the 1980’s in a story set in the distant future.

I think this author has good stories to tell, she needs some professional assistance to polish them.
Nicole Loveless-Moody
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ll agree with other reviews that the timeline of events bothered me at points. I feel like they needed more time to fall in love and maybe let Nat get a little action before she declares her love... I’ll ask again- why does everyone want more on Sal? I could pretty much read about Nat all day. The story is a quick, fun, light read and though very out of the norm for my style the sci-fi wasn’t so over the top that it made it unreadable for me. Even if it’s Sal (what about Dee instead?) I’ll rea ...more
Dave Stone
May 31, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute, Charming
What a nice little story about an adorable couple. Girl meets Girl and romance is in the air.
My only real complaint is the first half of the book is filled with crazy mixed messages. Not just the ladies sending mixed messages at each other, but the author telling us one thing and showing us the opposite. Was that a stylistic choice, or poor editing? Anyway is a minor complaint as is the bit where all the spacecraft have windshields and steering wheels, Oh well. You didn't buy it
BookAddict
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received Arc review copy for honest review.

I couldn't stop reading this book. This book has a little bit of everything, Comedy, Adventure, Romance, Space. This book definitely had me laughing at parts, then going "oh man what's going to happen".
I really like the characters and how they interacted with each other. Sal is definitely my favorite character in the story. There needs to be more with these characters.
Will be recommending this story to anyone I can.
Woody
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-ff, lesfic, sci-fi
A Great Entertaining Story
A wonderfully written sci-fic story by K C Luck which I read in one sitting. It’s got everything I love in a sci-fic story, space ships, battles, chases, lots of fast paced action, romance. I totally loved the characters of Captain Natalie Reynolds, Catherine Porter, but my favourite is Sal. I would love to read more about Sal. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this entertaining book and have put K C Luck on my favourite Author list.
JWG1973UK
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by this author that I have read and also the first sci-fi I have read in many years. I have been thinking of reading it for a while and now I am asking myself why I didn't read it when it first came out.

I loved the storyline and the main characters of Natalie (Nat) and Catherine and I also liked a secondary character by the name of Sal. I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
Margaritas Cherena
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couldn't put the book down.

Not a person whose into outer space stories, but K. C. Just made me a fan. From star wars back in 1980 something this story got me hooked.

The battle with the pirates was my favorite scene. The ending, however, seems to be the norm, for I have read similar ending in the fire department, police departments now for space rangers.

Was an entertaining book.
Annabel
Daring romantic rescues in space with a lesbian couple - sounds fun right?! I was prepared for cheesy, I could have coped with the fact it didn't need to be set in space - although if you're looking for even vague references to science you will be disappointed. I was not prepared for the multiple threats of sexual assault and sexual slavery (yay, space pirates?) Or the borderline dubcon with the major power imbalance for the main couple. DNF. 60% ...more
Lianne KF
Dec 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is primarily a romance which is set in space and has a little adventure to it. With that genre in mind I enjoyed this book. I liked how it switched points of view between the two main characters so you could really get to know them. One was quite young which I struggled with (personal opinion) but having her point of view helped to ensure it was fully consensual. I am now very excited to read the sequel!!
Jenna
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
KC Luck's book is a original space romance with it all. Damsel in distress, action, space pirates, comedy, adventure, women-in-uniform. Well-written with some unexpected twists. Will be looking for more from this author.
I received Arc copy for honest review. 4.5 Stars would buy, highly recommended.
CJ O'Hara
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this new world!

A fantastic story full of characters that jump into your life as you read the pages. K C Luck’s world is filled with adventure, hot pilots and strong independent women. If you love sci-fi, romance, adventure and danger, you need to read this book.
Lynn
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just plain fun!

Fun for a quick read and lots of adventure. Love the strong female characters in loving relationships. For a space adventure, this still felt realistic. Love the characters, the plot, the pace, and the fun ending.

• One Fine Morn
  • Living
  • Northern Lights (Compass, #1)
  • The Scent of Rome
  • Holly & Ivy
  • Dal Segno
  • The Wolf's Consort
  • Chasing Shadows
  • Foxy Lady (A Fur-Ever Veterinary Romance, #2)
  • Heart of Ice
  • Moving Violations
  • Contract for Love
  • Star Pirate (Star Pirate, Book #1)
  • A Heart This Big
Army veteran KC Luck is a freelance technical writer living in the Pacific Northwest with her beautiful wife, their two little dogs, and four rambunctious cats. Although she had contemplated writing fiction for decades, it was not until a bet with her wife that she finally sat down and did it. “Rescue Her Heart” is her debut romance novel and hopefully more action adventure stories with strong fem ...more

Rescue Her Heart (2 books)
  • Save Her Heart: Sequel to Rescue Her Heart