Start by marking “Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2)” as Want to Read:
Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2)

Harrow the Ninth

(The Locked Tomb #2)

Harrow the Ninth, the sequel to the sensational Gideon the Ninth, turns a galaxy inside out as one necromancer struggles to survive the wreckage of herself aboard the Emperor's haunted space station.

She answered the Emperor's call.

She arrived with her arts, her wits, and her only friend.

In victory, her world has turned to ash.

After rocking the cosmos with her deathly
Expected publication: June 2nd 2020 by Tor.com

To ask other readers questions about Harrow the Ninth, please sign up.
Tamsyn Muir The whole book is not written in the second person perspective, which is revealed pretty early on (right after the prologue!). I will say, though,…moreThe whole book is not written in the second person perspective, which is revealed pretty early on (right after the prologue!). I will say, though, that if that kind of narration absolutely sinks your boat, this may not be the book for you -- there will very probably be more excerpts of HARROW THE NINTH as time goes by, though, so you will be able to see for yourself whether or not your boat can stay afloat. :)(less)

Start your review of Harrow the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #2)
Hollis
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc-tbr
WHO DO I HAVE TO BONE TO GET THIS

(is it bad that I laughed at my own bone joke wait don't answer this question)
Rebecca Roanhorse
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After the wonderful GIDEON THE NINTH, Muir could have stayed with what worked - a snarky protagonist with a contemporary sensibility that while incredibly emotionally moving was also just a lot of fun - but she did not play it safe. In fact, she took safe and punted it out of the stadium and instead gave us this daring and challenging beauty of a book instead. HARROW THE NINTH is not always an easy read. The first half or so is in second person and is confusing and non-linear and I often felt a ...more
Mackenzi
Dec 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Hey girl hey
Nomadic Reader (Baba Yaga)
Hey Taz Muir...
When I said one couldn't write a crazier book than Gideon the Ninth, I didn't mean it as a challenge.

What's even crazier though, is how my absolute dumbass brain decided it was a good idea to read what I already knew was probably going to be my favorite book of the year on January 1. Congratulations you idiot, you now have to wait at least another year to figure out what the fuck that ending meant.

-----------

"See you on the flipside, sugarlips."

I am now officially married to
sofia (sam willows)
i think my mind and soul are broken in the best way possible after this
rtc

thank you macmillan for an advanced copy of this book
---
i've been obsessed with gideon the ninth for MONTHS, and i'm also obsessively making theories and holding on to this world so to say that i'm looking forward to this book would be a HUGE understatement
Megan ❀
Sep 30, 2019 marked it as tbr-unreleased  ·  review of another edition
Can Harrow raise me from the dead because I'm actually deceased over how gorgeous this cover is
Madison
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
**I recieved an ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review**
This was an absolute bonkers shitshow and I loved almost every minute of it.
The first third or so was bewildering, and I spent most of my time parsing what I was supposed to know from what was intended to be confusing. But by the middle, when things started falling into place, I felt like all of the issues paid off. The middle third of this book was devastating, exciting, hilarious, triumphant. It was everything Gideon was
Megan
what the FUCK?

I have to lie down and stare at the ceiling for several hours and just whisper, "what the fuck?" Repeatedly. To the dark.

I HAVE FINISHED HARROW THE NINTH AND I AM STILL NOT READY TO READ HARROW THE NINTH, PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT IS BETTER THAN GIDEON AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHY OR HOW

I should write a longer review, but for now: official blurb:

Harrow builds on all the impossibilities and bizarre brilliance of Gideon. It manages to be both a thorough and heartwrenching exploration of
Bria
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
PLEASE LIST “HARROW THE NINTH” AS MY CAUSE OF DEATH THANK YOU FOR MY LIFE AND MY DEATH
a paige in a book
Oct 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
We’re getting Gideon back, right? Right?!

My heart’s already a pulped mess of quivering jelly, and I know, just from the blurb, that this book’s going to destroy what’s left. The thought of Harrow wandering around a gloomy old ship without Gideon by her side – I just want to sit on the floor and cry. I’m suffering!
Virginja ↢ 99% imp
11/11/19 I just read the prologue excerpt and OH MY GOD I’m going to have an heart attack.
So I have a theory: we have already met Alecto the Ninth in GtN but we don’t know who she is. I have a guess: she is the girl Harrow saw when she was a kid! Can’t wait to come back to this phenomenal world!
Izzy
Sep 19, 2019 marked it as to-be-released
god if there’s ever a meager chance you’re real and Out There i’m begging you LET ME HAVE THIS BOOK NOW
AdriAnne
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OH. OH NO. NO NO NO. I did not just read this in two sittings and make it so I have to wait 1-2 years to read the third book. I did not just have my soul torn out, leaving me an empty shell to wither away during time's merciless onslaught.

Oh I did.

Anyway. This book. THIS BOOK. Maybe I can be more coherent later, but I love this book with all of my much-stabbed then re-healed necromantic heart. Two-thirds in, when you get to that spot (you'll know the spot I'm talking about), you'll shout a lot
elise p
Dec 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
we needs it
dathomira
one flesh, one end, bitch.
unknown
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have questions. One of them being, how the (view spoiler) did Tamsyn Muir write an even better book than Gideon the Ninth?
Laura (crofteereader)
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
Valerie
Jan 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-releases
I think I'm rating this 3.5 star, and rounding it to 4. I really like everything that happened, but everything was so confusing.
Marie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
Emmy Neal
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave you my whole life and you didn’t even want it! *lies down and dies*
Claire
You're lost and confused most of the time, but then you realize it's because you're following the events from the POV of a confused, oblivious idiot gay and suddenly it's okay because you too are a confused, oblivious idiot gay (bi) and can relate.
Stuart Nager
Oct 01, 2019 marked it as to-read
Just read an excerpt from the prologue. Wow. Pure wow. Someone took her gloves off to craft this. I'll come back to this once the book is published and in my hands.
Wow.

Me: *Hasn't read Gideon*
Me: *Would die for the cover, Tamsyn Muir and the cover artist*
idiomatic
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
the answer to all your questions, especially "can taz muir possibly keep this up?" is "don't worry about it :)"
Evanelric
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unpublished, quiltbag
Harrow is so much more than Gideon saw, and so much more than even she knows. The book begins not far from where it ends, and the reader has a series of flashbacks and memories and what's happening now to Harrow (in both first and second person narrated passages) in order to decipher, along with Harrow, what exactly has happened, and how, and why. And, of course, much like Gideon the Ninth, by the time we reach the point where we're learning those answers, we realise that perhaps those weren't ...more
Lily
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'll probably review this in more, erm, detail, once it's published and I have a chance to reread.

But.

This book is so good. It's a puzzle that is a joy to put together. It confuses you, and it rips you apart, and stitches you back together just a little bit, only to rip you apart again. It uses several POVs, and executes it well. It will continuously confuse you, and it will make you shout out loud when you figure something out.

This book is so good. I can't wait for it to be properly out.
hope
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Billie
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Much like Gideon the Ninth, Harrow the Ninth goes along for about three-quarters seeming like it's one book and then, in the last quarter, it turns into something almost completely different, something that re-frames all that had gone before. The whole damned ride is weird and wonderful and occasionally batshit-fucking-crazy. And the ending? Well, the ending is pretty much a giant What. The. Fuck?!? that will have me on tenterhooks waiting for book 3.
Bee
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Review of the ARC) Wow. Oof. Lol. At first I didn't think I liked it as much as the first, principally because Harrow is a difficult viewpoint character, but Oh My Actual God Emperor the last third of the book was so good and so nuts and so unexpected I can't begin to express how enjoyable it was.
Brooke
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tamsyn Muir is fucking incredible. This was so much fun. Full review to come!
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Monster of Elendhaven
  • The Unspoken Name (The Serpent Gates, #1)
  • Docile
  • The Order of the Pure Moon Reflected in Water
  • Dead Astronauts (Borne, #2)
  • The City We Became
  • Sisters of the Vast Black
  • Riot Baby
  • Famous Men Who Never Lived
  • Prosper's Demon
  • Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
  • A Memory Called Empire (Teixcalaan, #1)
  • Snapdragon
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • The Future of Another Timeline
  • A Song for a New Day
  • The Only Good Indians
  • Steel Crow Saga
Tamsyn Muir is a horror, fantasy and sci-fi author whose short fiction has been nominated for the Nebula Award, the Shirley Jackson Award, the World Fantasy Award and the Eugie Foster Memorial Award. A Kiwi, she has spent most of her life in Howick, New Zealand, with time living in Waiuku and central Wellington. She currently lives and works in Oxford, in the United Kingdom.

Her debut

The Locked Tomb (3 books)
  • Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1)
  • Alecto the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #3)