Start by marking “Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)” as Want to Read:
Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)

Wilde Fire

(Forever Wilde #3)

Otto:

Seth Walker was my first love and I always swore he’d be my last. Even after he moved away our senior year in high school, we vowed to reunite after graduation. But when he suddenly broke things off without explanation and crushed my heart, it was my turn to run.

After a decade in the navy, I’ve finally come home ready to move on with my life as Hobie’s newest fire
Published March 18th 2018 (first published March 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wilde Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wilde Fire

Start your review of Wilde Fire (Forever Wilde, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
I'm going with 3 stars because the Wilde family is a lot of fun; the sex was, uh, wild (come on, I'm hilarious and you know it); the HEA was all kinds of cute; and Lucy's writing is always accessible.

What brought my rating down is the utterly ridunkulous martyr behavior exhibited by both MCs.

Seth sacrificed himself at 18 to raise his brother's baby and (view spoiler). His parents were helping, and he was a kid. He also had a boyfriend he loved, AND he was ga
Erth
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again Lucy Lennox delivers in a majorly fantastic way. Wilde Fire is the third book in the Forever Wilde series, so at this point you should already be familiar with the amazingness that is a Lucy Lennox book, but if somehow you have not yet had the pleasure, then you absolutely can start right here and have yourself a wonderful time falling in love with her men and her writing. I do always recommend starting at the beginning of a series because you just get so much more out of it that way, ...more
Len Evans Jr
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Lucy Lennox has done it again... I have now read a lot of her books and enjoyed each one immensely. This book was no exception. Her story-telling is top notch and her characters become so real you fall for them every time. This story was exceptionally good, the first half deals with the rekindling of Walker (Seth) and Otto's relationship after not seeing or communicating with one another for 10yrs. The second half the book covers the investigation into several arson fires and how it impacts them ...more
Meags
3 Stars

As much as I wanted to love this story (the way I did the other books in this series), the truth is that this one, sadly, often left me exasperated rather than satisfied.

This story had so much going for it, it really did. Lennox’s writing style continues to be smooth and accessible, and she (generally) creates characters I truly adore and writes love stories that make my heart full and happy, which will always ensure I keep coming back for more.

But (there’s always a but)…

There were simpl
Shile
4.5 stars for the narration

3.5 stars for the story

Well, i liked it more than most of my friends, so maybe it is Me! not the Book!

There is something about Lucy Lennox's writing and Michael Pauley's narration Combo that just sucks me in and leaves me with a huge grin when i am through. She gets a pass, she is my crack.

description

-I loved both the MC's even with their stupid martyrdom syndrome.

-The sex was hot as always after all it is LL. The woman writes some scorching scenes.

- The arson plot was ridiculo
Bo
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 NOT rounded up

I have liked every book I've read by this author until now. I believed in how much Seth and Otto loved each other, and they deserved their HEA. All the rest of the bullshit was just that...BULLSHIT!😤 There were just too many plot points I hated, and too many people in this book I wanted to throat punch! It was maddening and disappointing to me. There were certain things about their situation that really bothered me, but I won't give any spoilers. That's it. However, this doesn'
Cadiva
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My favourite Wilde romance so far

This one just ticked all my boxes - hot emergence service personnel, friends to lovers, second chance romance, small town setting, loads of passion.

I have to say as a whole I've found the Forever Wilde series to be really strong reads with great characters and a brilliant setting, but without the overly familiar and, at times crude, humour of the previous Made Marian series.

There's still the odd moment here but generally this family set-up just works well and I e
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Ok, so here is the thing. If Lucy has written it I have read it, well, save for some .5's I just haven't gotten to yet. Point being, I look forward to reading her books. She writes books that I am interested in and about people I want to know.

I just don't always love them.

I did not love this one. I did not like the setup for this one and I feel like I am normally alone but I don't think I am this time around.

This was not believable, this was not ok, and this is not what I want in my M/M romance.
Santy
2.5 Stars
Everyone knows I love the Wildes and the previous two books in the series but the last 15% of this book made me ragey.

For starters, WHO in their right mind will be willing to go to jail, not only for a crime they didn't commit but also to "save" and "protect" someone's feelings. Especially when this same person who's feelings was supposedly being "protected" would've reported the guilty party in the first place? Hint: Ottowa Hubert "idiotshould'vebeenmymiddlename" Wilde that's who
amanda
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
I usually wouldn’t rate or write a review for a book that I DNF, but I feel like I’ve spent quite a significant amount of time trying to read this series, so I’m counting it all together as reading one of them. This series apparently really isn’t for me, since lots of people love it, but I can’t seem to actually care about the characters enough to read the whole thing.

In the first book, I couldn’t get past about 37%. Nico was judged SO MUCH right from the start on his appearance. It was annoyin
~Volha~
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
As with all of Ms Lennox books this was an enjoyable light-hearted story of childhood sweethearts having a second chance at love. I liked all the characters both main and secondary. Wilde family is as wild and funny as ever! Both MCs are sweet, a little bit unsure at times and very likeable. The book has two parts - one about MCs coming together and the other about what happens after that. I liked the fact that every chapter started with a personal letter to each other - it allowed me to delve d ...more
Tammy
Jul 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Courtney Bassett
Scorching (ha ha) and exciting!

This was yet another fantastic addition to the Wilde series. This story is pretty much told in two parts - Otto and Seth coming back together after many years apart, and then the mystery and excitement of an arsonist in town and blame being laid on the wrong people. I couldn’t put it down! Seth and Otto were just wonderful together, and as always, there were many side characters that added interest and humor to the story.

Can’t wait for the next book. That last lin
~Kristin~
DNF - No Rating
Dissenting review, so please don't hate me...but come on, this was so over the top. I just made a pact with myself not to spend my precious reading time on books that I'm forcing myself to finish, and that was exactly the case here for me. I know many of you loved it, and I'm so glad you did. Most of the plot, at least as much as I read, just wasn't believable.
Lyndy Ann ♫
Apr 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Wilde Fire is the reason I started reading the Forever Wilde series and I have enjoyed the first two in this series but this one not so much, how disappointed am I.

I expected a Sheriff and a Firefighter to be tough and sexy but I found Seth and Otto to be weak and sappy, they both often had tears in their eyes, I don't like cry babies they are a turn off.

I did not like their first meeting either after ten years what they did and then the twist that was just NO.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the st
Eugenia
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
On fire!!! 3.5 Stars!

Second chance romance for two men separated by time and circumstance. Watch them passionately collide once they see each other again--truly, they smack up against each other and get hot from the get go!

This book on the series had all of the Wilde family and introduced the Walker family--there's a cheat-sheet at the beginning, thank gods. Here aside from heat and tons of sexy times, we also got a bit of a mystery....Oooh...

Also, y'all get solid HEA....now, on to the next one
Chris
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was sweet, Otto & Seth were sweet but the storyline - heavens did that annoy me ! There was a lot of self sacrifice here, more on Seth’s part but Otto decided to join in at the end and almost agreed to a crime. Their devotion and love was really beautiful but how I ask, if you are SO in love, can you not communicate or listen ? Okay so clearly I didn’t manage those frustrations but I must say I really did enjoy this book and it was certainly worth more than a 3 from me because I read it in ...more
Sanaa
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75-4 stars.

This is the third book in the Forever Wide series and probably my least favorite out of them all. Don't get me wrong, I love Lucy's work and have enjoyed everything I've read from her yet, just not this one.

I liked majority of the things; like Otto and Seth and how much they loved each other. I loved Otto's family. Like I loooove them. I also loved the letters we got at the beginning of each chapter. Man they made my heart so happy. Yet made me cry as well. But I wasn't a fan h
Debra
So this was a mixed bag for me. I love second-chance romances that go back to high-school first loves so the story started off great for me. I was so happy when the two reconnected without any game playing regardless of their long separation. Otto and Walker had a great connection and I wanted things to work out. I also wanted to see them reconnect more on an adult level, including having some of those hard conversations about where life had taken them over the past 10 years. Some of these were ...more
Catherine
This book had some seriously eye roll inducing moments of dumb decisions manufactured to increase the drama, but I can't lie - the love and devotion of these two characters towards each other warmed my tiny, cold heart.
Joyfully Jay
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Wilde Fire is the third book in Lucy Lennox’s Forever Wilde series, following the large and boisterous Wilde family of Hobie, Texas. The books stand alone as individual stories, though the family members appear in each other’s books, particularly their grandfathers. While you could read this one without the others, personally I enjoy following along with the various side characters from one book to another. As an FYI, this story also takes place chronologically ar
BWT (Belen)

I love Second Chance romances, but I'm a hard sell with them too, especially when forgiveness is necessary. I require a lot of groveling, and that was definitely missing here.

Told in a dual POV the story begins with childhood sweethearts Seth Walker and Otto Wilde reuniting after more than a decade apart.
Ten years. Ten years since I'd last seen the other half of myself, the boy I'd loved since I was eight years old and had fallen into the pond between our properties.

There's very little expla
Vanna
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!! I have read all of Lucy's books; in fact I started reading her books sometime last year and just couldn't stop. Her stories are compelling, the families are so amazing that you want to be a part of them (and sometimes after reading the series you almost feel like you are), they are generally low in angst, have lots of humorous dialogues and last but not the least are incredibly HOT!!. She writes the most amazing passionate scenes which always manage to steam my reading glasses. ;-)
T
Aure7ia
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was ok

I love this series, so what happend?

It begins with inta-forgiveness. Something like: "I was so angry at you for the last 10 years, but now I'm just so happy to see you - lets forget the past!"

I thought about skipping this book, but I loved the first 2 books, so....

But than at the end Otto, the firefighter, covers for an arsonist and thinks about going to prison for him. Why? It seams to be okay to burn down a house, when you're angry and sad. WTF?!
Lori
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Lucy Lennox. It took me a couple days to read it though because although I knew it would be an HEA, it was still angsty enough that I kept wimping out and reading other books to get me through the worst parts. I really am a wimp when it comes to characters I like getting into sticky situations. I loved Otto and Seth and felt sorry for all of the time they lost apart, but when they finally came together, it was wonderful.

I love Lucy's books and am a sucker for her men!
Denise H.
***#3 in the Wilde family saga, with Otto Wilde, 28, firefighter, and Seth Walker, 28, Sheriff, had been teens in love.
Otto has been in the Navy, since he left Hobie, TX.

Seth's brother Ross died nine yrs. ago, leaving his pregnant girlfriend and made Seth promise to marry her and raise Ross's daughter.
Seth...

Now, 10 yrs. later, Otto is home, and Seth and Otto still love each other.
They are older and wiser, but there's a mix up, and Otto runs off to work in Dallas until Seth's divorce is final
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Wilde and Walker

Otto and Seth were childhood best friends who turned into lovers as the years passed. When their senior year of high school approached Seth's family decided to pack up and move to Minnesota. Breaking both the boys hearts along the way. They tried to make it work but family obligations tore them apart.

They spent 10 years apart with no contact before they finally reunited back in the hometown of Hobie.

Otto and Seth were great together and all they wanted was one another b
Fatimama
Jul 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
I hated the long separation as it was just so stupid. Seth married someone else for 10 years coz of stupid reasons (brother’s baby mama) and he even had sex with her!!. Seriously, Otto deserved to move on and be happy with someone else. Also, it was stupid for Otto to cover up something while an arson investigation was on going. This book just made my blood boil and almost put me off reading the next book.
Sumire
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
the plot is unbelievable at times.
seriously, I want to dnf but Otto and Seth kinda grew on me... plus Nico and West !

hopefully Hudson's book, just the next book really will have better plot than this one.

(I still haven't read book 2 , maybe I'll start on it now ;) )
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I really enjoyed this third installment. I'm really loving this series so far. Otto is the middle child of the ten children - of which West (and Hudson) is a part of - and he and Saint, his brother, were in the Navy for ten years until they came back in the the last book.

In this book we learn what Otto's deal was with Seth Walker, and why he took the chance to run all the way to Europe to get away from him.

I was annoyed that he ran without listening to Seth, and that just felt too cli

• Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Sanctuary Found (Pelican Bay, #2)
  • Unbroken (The Protectors #12)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • Discovering Daisy: A Protectors Novella
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Fired Up (Fever Falls, #1)
  • Atonement (The Protectors, #6)
  • Vengeance (The Protectors, #5)
  • Redeeming Rafe (Barretti Security, #2)
  • Finding Trust (Finding #2)
  • A Protectors Family Christmas (The Protectors, #5.5)
  • Nobody's Prince Charming (Road to Blissville, #3)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Forever Wilde (7 books)
  • Facing West (Forever Wilde, #1)
  • Felix and the Prince (Forever Wilde, #2)
  • Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • Wilde Love (Forever Wilde #6)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)

News & Interviews

Summer reading season is in full swing, which means many of the year's biggest and best releases are coming out of the gates. And although your Ju...