Start by marking “Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel (The Outliers Saga Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel (The Outliers Saga Book 2)

Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel

(The Outliers #2)

I stood by and let it happen for too long, but I will not do it anymore. I will not be the person who watches others get hurt and does nothing to stop it. Not anymore.

Returning to Sovereign City after everything that was stolen from her is something Indra never thought she would do. Despite the scars she wears both inside and out, left there at the hands of the Sovereign a
Published May 21st 2018 by Twisted Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Uprising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uprising

Start your review of Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel (The Outliers Saga Book 2)
Dianne
After everything you hold dear is taken from you, after your dignity has been stripped bare, what do you have left? You have revenge, you have justice and you have your dreams. Indra is taking back her life and the lives of the Outliers and she will not be stopped. She knows what is needed, but she needs help, she needs alliances and she needs to make the Outliers believe in themselves, she needs an UPRISING.

Kate L. Mary has created the perfect blend of tension, heartbreak and determination as
Terry Tyler
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded this on Kindle Unlimited

This series is set in a world many years after the downfall of a previous society. A group called the Sovereigns rule this new world, aided by the strength of the solider tribe, the Fortis. The Outliers are made up of four tribes, who work for them. The main character in the series is Indra, a young woman from the Winta tribe. In the previous book she fell foul of those in power and saw her husband die at their hands, and also developed feelings for
Nancy
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cliffhanger

For some reason I thought this was a two book series, About 3/4 in I realized that wasn't going to be. I don't think I would have started this series if I would have known. This would have been a five star but took awAy as there is no end in sight.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Uprising is the second book in The Outliers series. I thought the first book was amazing, but this one is even better! We reunite with Indra as she starts back at work in the Sovereign city. She feels different now, with the strength that Bodhi encouraged. She is not prepared to go back to being meek and mild, as she was before. Asa is still working for the Sovereign.

This book has so much packed into it, it's quite unbelievable. With action, hope, and heartbreak, there is plenty to keep you turn
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was looking forward to continue Indra's story after Outliers but also cautious due to being burned by middle book syndrome (basically that the second book in a trilogy tend to be filler and parts of it could be put into the 1st and 3rd book without it making a difference.).This did not suffer from that.

Indra has become a warrior woman after her husband's death.After saving a fellow tribe member from assault her clan is destroyed.She tales the remaining women and children in and they become a n
Gkaur
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-and-reviews
My anticipation for this book was on a level so high, I was so excited when I got the ARC.

This book started slow for me and there were times where I was a little annoyed at the righteousness Indra felt. But as I got through the book you could really see the growth of her character compared to the weak character from the first book.

Kate is a brilliant writer that can paint a very vivd picture of a character's emotions and perceptions. I can see exactly where Indra is coming from. I can see exact
Ani
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Kate L. Mary grips you and wrings out all your emotions. Indra has already suffered so much in Book One but her trials are not yet over. The end of The first book sees Indra discovering her own strengths and Uprising continues to explore what she is capable of. She stands up for what she believes and unwittingly becomes the driving force for a resistance.

Powerful and thought provoking, Uprising doesn’t just explore the tribulations of fighting for your right to freedom. This book loo
Red
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you thought the first book in this series, Outliers, was exciting, be prepared to be wowed! I just could not predict where this was going. And every time, I just about had it figured out--WHAM--something different happened. There were lots of unpredictable and unexpected moments in the book. The ending was definitely a cliffhanger but that is to be expected with a series. And it'll give me something to do while waiting for the next book...trying to figure out where Kate L Mary will take us at ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Indra decides to return to work in Sovereign City and once inside her plans are to extract revenge for the heartache and pain she suffered by their hands. I kind of think or wonder if she is not returning so that she could lay eyes once again on the place and the people who took so much from her so that she could face the pain and heartache; she could heal faster; be stronger and could lead the uprising against the Fortis and Sovereign City to save her people from being their slaves.

Indra has n
United Indie Book Blog
Uprising is book two in the Outliers series and they must be read in order, trust me you won’t regret it. Indra has suffered most of her life now she is put the ultimate test of uniting tribes that separated years before so they can beat their enemy. It’s heartbreaking but the strength and courage throughout the book is breathtaking. I’m not a fan of cliffhangers however I’m so looking forward to the next.

Review by Raychel
Vettech
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopian-sci-fi
The Outlier series continues and we get to see how much Indra is changing. She's now the Head of her own tribe and her struggle to unite the Outlier tribes as a group to fight against the evils of the Fortis and Sovereign. I am so loving this series and I just couldn't put the book down. The story was so exciting and wondering what will happen next. I'm off to read the last book in the series and anticipating how the author will draw this saga to a close.
Jessica Belmont
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*

Just when I thought Indra's story couldn't get any more intense and incredible, I read Uprising, and my mind was blown. Again. I'm thoroughly impressed with the world building, character development, and writing. Outliers was fantastic, and Uprising has just gotten better.

Indra is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Her growth has been such and incredible and inspiring journey t
Karen
The struggle for freedom for Indra and her fellow outliers continues.I really enjoyed seeing the transformation of Indra from a obedient slave to a strong warrior for her people.The author has a real talent for world building and creating well developed characters I care about.I received an arc from the author.
InD'tale Magazine
Kate L. Mary has written an intense dystopian novella which is not only thought-provoking, but touches on many themes.

Read full review in the 2018 June issue of InD'tale Magazine.

Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
A gripping and exciting follow up to Outliers

Uprising is the second instalment of the Outliers saga, a 'dystopian future' story of oppression and good triumphing (hopefully) over evil. I enjoyed the first book in the series and wanted to see how the trials and torments inflicted on Indra, in that book, led her to grow and change as a person. I wasn't sure how the story would continue but was pleasantly surprised at the direction it took.

Indra is a Winta, one of the four tribe of Outliers, born t
Debra Hughlett
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this 2nd chapter in this saga. Kate didn’t disappoint me as it was even better than the first book. Can’t wait to see where it all ends.
Janet Strohecker
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kate-l-mary
Superb sequel to this new series! Indra continues to grow, as Kate L Mary continues her fantastic world building. Growth galore, action, new characters, everything you want in a sequel - it's here.

If I could add an extra star for the lead in to the next book and the character's ability to grow - I would. :D
Peggy Pancherz
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Characters are realistic and get better and better. Storyline continues to grow and develop.
Tina Gundy
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A force to be reckoned with...

Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel (The Outliers Saga, Book 2) by Kate L. Mary and narrated by Grace Sylvan is...WOW! What an exceptional follow up! For reals…if you enjoy books with darker themes, are empowering to women, strong female leads, or post-apocalyptic/dystopian worlds, you should be checking this series out asap.

What it’s about? After healing from her husbands death, Indra returns to her previous place of employment but something in her has ch
RJ
Indra embarks on her new task after her revelation or awakening of who she is and what her purpose here on earth is. She has been on a one-woman quest to rid the world of the Fortis; one man at a time. She has been successful because she has not been seen, leaving the killings for the wild animals to mask her involvement. That luck is sure to run out and it will have dire consequences for the other Outliers. Realizing she can not accomplish her task on her own, Indra sets out to unite the four t ...more
D
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
UPRISING

For some strange reason, I was torn about the changes I saw in Indra's personality, I knew that she needed to protect herself and her people, but I thought the compassion she had for others seemed to wane. And for me that took something away from how unique she was. However, I loved her strength and determination to stand firm and strong and not allow fear to deter her from her goal. I wanted to connect to hers and Asa's love story, but I could not. I felt that the author missed an oppo
Annie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great story!! The world has ended...the world has changed...and we are back to people trying to own and control others, where women are property...and Indra has had enough!! She decides its tie to rise up and fight...She protects her friend and all hell breaks loose...her village is destroyed and this leaves her some hard decisions...She takes charge and she makes them..uniting the Outliers to make a stand!! So great!! I loved it...all of it...great narration too!! I hope book 3 c ...more
NanaShauna Joesten
A fantastic series Indra has been taking to treatment that has been dealt her people for along time. Its time to take whats theres back. Will they be able to accomplish this. This is definitely a must read series. That keeps you captivated through the whole read. With twists and turns. The Narrator does a great job at bringing out the Characters as well as the Authors writing to where you can visually see the scenes. This series to me is up with the 100 and Divergent
Shauna Joesten
Melissa Levine
I love this series! I was super excited to get book 2 and it definitely lived up to my expectations. Kate is an amazing author as I've loved all her books that I've read so far. The narrator did a great job as well! Now I can't wait to get my hands on book 3.

My only issue was that it was somewhat hard to imagine someone with teeth piercings. Specifically, with how they would have gotten them to stay in the skin and not fall out?
Ashley Hedden
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uprising: A Post-Apocalyptic Dystopian Novel was another great read by Kate L. Mary. Indra returns to Sovereign City to save her people from oppression. Even though it may put her own safety at risk. She is on a quest to unite the four Outliers in order to take down their enemies. I enjoyed reading Indra's story and enjoyed Grace Sylvan's narration and can't wait to read more in this series.
Debbie Poole
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Outliers

You know the one thing l hate is amazing author who l love her books, but she just doesn't write fast enough but all joking aside this series like any of her books is a page turned ,love love loved it, worth the read and more. Cannot wait for the next one !
Staci
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a line in each of us.

A point we can not allow to be crossed. It grows from the pain of experience. Sometimes taking time to understand someone else’s. The moment that point is reached. We either break or fight. Fighting is the only hope.
Heather Vern
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have fallen in love with this series. The story line is amazing, the characters have become who they were suppose to become. People are growing stronger in character and in will. I love it.
Stefanie Kral
✯✯5 Windhi Strong Stars!!!✯✯ >

This is one series I’d love love to see on the big screen!!! I’m in love with Kate L. Mary’s writing. I’d been waiting to get Uprising since finishing Outliers and man Kate didn’t disappoint me at all.

We pick up right where we left off previously with Indra agreeing to go back to work at Saffron’s House. Indra’s not the same quiet, timid person she was all those months ago. No, she was beaten almost to death, been abused by the son of the household and watch
Books 2 Blog
You can find B2B Ani’s review here:

• Instauration (The City Series Book 3)
  • Edge of Collapse (Edge of Collapse #1)
  • Turbulent (Days of Want #1)
  • Point of Impact (Nuclear Dawn #1)
  • And After (Until the End of the World, #2)
  • Hunted (Days of Want #2)
  • Edge of Madness (Edge of Collapse #2)
  • The Last Sanctuary Omnibus: The Complete Post-Apocalyptic Survival Series
  • So Long, Lollipops (Until the End of the World, #1.5)
  • Nuclear Dawn: The Post-Apocalyptic Box Set: The Complete Apocalyptic Survival Thriller Series
  • The End of Everything (The End of Everything #1)
  • Fear the Fallout (Nuclear Dawn #2)
  • All the Stars in the Sky (Until the End of the World, #3)
  • Flow (The Flow Series Book 1)
  • Peripeteia (The City, #2)
  • Drift (The Flow Series Book 3)
  • Until the End of the World (Until the End of the World, #1)
  • The Fallen World: The Complete Series
Kate L. Mary is an award-winning author of Adult, New Adult, and Young Adult fiction, ranging from Post-apocalyptic tales of the undead to Speculative Fiction and Contemporary Romance! Her YA book, When We Were Human, was a 2015 Children’s Moonbeam Book Awards Silver Medal winner for Young Adult Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fiction, and a 2016 Readers’ Favorite Gold Medal winner for Young Adult Science Fiction. ...more

The Outliers (2 books)
  • Outliers (The Outliers Saga, # 1)