Start by marking “Unsafe Thinking: How to be Nimble and Bold When You Need It Most” as Want to Read:
Unsafe Thinking: How to be Nimble and Bold When You Need It Most

Unsafe Thinking: How to be Nimble and Bold When You Need It Most

Learn how to take the bold yet intelligent risks that will help you thrive in business--and in life.

How can you challenge and change yourself when you need it most? We're creatures of habit, programmed by evolution to favor the safe and familiar, especially when the stakes are high. This bias no longer serves us in a world of constant change. In fact, today, safe thinking
Kindle Edition
Published April 24th 2018 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published April 19th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Unsafe Thinking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsafe Thinking

Start your review of Unsafe Thinking: How to be Nimble and Bold When You Need It Most
Vlad Olaru
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: personal-library
What a wonderful, thoughtful book on thinking. Well written, with just the right amount of anecdotes and examples from different fields. The author really took its job seriously with this work and managed to deliver a comprehensive perspective on what it means to think safely, why we often do it and why we could all benefit extensively from more unsafety in our lives.

This is great starting point to many other people who've takled the problem from different angles, throughout history.
Jamie Bowen
When you're looking for inspiration, where do you go? Do you look back at your history and find the answer, find the safe thinking? This book sets out to challenge yourself and rather than be straitjacketed with old thinking, be creative and think of a new, better way. Some great real world examples in this book, particularly Steve Kerr the NBA coach. The book is split into six parts, Courage, Motivation, Learning, Flexibility, Morality and Leadership. Each chapter then looks into each aspect wi ...more
Robert
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book as it was a brief look at the concept of looking at things a new way. I found a lot of value in the short, actionable chapters full of advice on how to create an environment to think differently.
Ian Stewart
Jul 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty decent summary on what it feels like to take risks, how to lean into that anxiety, making space for creative thinking, and protecting it. A little too surface level for me. I was looking for a deep dive and not something as broad. The best parts were the stories and anecdotes but i didn’t find enough of that either. Still pretty decent though.
Ross Mountney
May 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An engaging discussion on motivation, stepping beyond our biases and generating creative ideas. Am reading it again already; there's so much to learn from it and conventions to break out of!
Jorė
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Not everyone manages to go deeper into this topic, but this is an exception that makes reading nice and engaged.
We know creative thinking brings results. However, most of the workplace environments and life in general doesn't support creativity. Refuse to conform and you will be punished - no matter you are in school, business or government. Why on earth question the well established truths or, even worse, break them?
It's a well researched book, that joins scientific research with nice real worl
Adarsh Appaiah
2.5/5

When I picked up this book I did not have high expectations. However I was hoping that the book would have atleast a few new ideas to tickle your brain. Sadly there were none.

Part of the disappointment could be internal - since I have read quite a few books in this genre. However, a significant part does rest with the author. The examples provided are stale and repetitive. The elaboration of these examples areas written in an elongative manner. It could have been more concise.

I generally hi
Chris Gaither
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This well-written and meticulously researched book challenges everything we think we know about innovation. I went to college with Jonah Sachs and have watched him build a remarkable storytelling business, and I continue to be impressed by his willingness to question how creativity thrives. Through compelling anecdotes, “Unsafe Thinking” shows how courageous leaders allow themselves to feel and be shaped by their fears; constantly explore and update their thinking; challenge and test their intui ...more
Kethmar Salumets
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clayton Turner
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-books-read
“Emotions are data that need to be explained.... The more we project an air of expertise, the more often we’re wrong and the slower we are to learn. And though we may fear nobody will follow us if we admit to fallibility, research indicates that people prefer humble leaders.” ~ Unsafe Thinking: How to be Creative and Bold When You Need It Most, Jonah Sachs
Andy Iakobson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing particularly groundbreaking in the insights (it's a good summary of existing research and some interesting personal stories), but it's well-structured and written to be quite actionable.
Aishwarya Pradhan
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being bold & creative. A great book on exploring and making yourself a better you. ...more
Roxana Probably
95% of the book are just examples of famous people in different situations. Nough said!
Henry Manampiring
Feels like repetition of many earlier books in the same genre.
Jenny
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: advice
Interesting idea, but nothing seemed actionable in the advice. I realized I just wasn't interested in reading anymore about 40% through.
So-Cal Reader
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting read and I will try to put the concepts into practice
Andrea
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking. How to think outside of your own box and involve others.
Heather
Jun 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-nonfiction
Excellent read - especially if you manage teams or want to be more creative at work.
Aprilia
Opens an understanding of creative thinking
Paree Bhattacharya

• The Hidden Power of F*cking Up
  • بساتين عربستان
  • المرأة الكاملة
  • يوم المغفرة
Jonah Sachs is an author, speaker and viral marketing trailblazer whose work helped spur the 21st century values revolution. Sachs’ pioneering new approaches to digital media were critical in bringing the ideals of social change—such as equity, empowerment, responsibility, transparency, and advocacy—to the forefront of business and popular culture.

News & Interviews