Start by marking “Dying to see you” as Want to Read:
Dying to see you

Dying to see you

He’s Watching, He’s Waiting, She’s next.

When Sophie is told to organize care for elderly Ivy, she is unaware that by meeting Max, Ivy’s grandson, her life will be turned upside down.

As Sophie’s involvement with Max and Ivy increases she becomes more distracted by her own problems.

Because Sophie is certain she is being watched.

For a while, Ivy relishes Sophie’s attention bu

Published April 25th 2018 by Bloodhound Books

Kaceey - Traveling Sister
3.5* rounded up for pure creepiness factor! 🙈

Well! Where do I even start?! If you need a dose of extra creepiness in your thrillers then this is the book for you! Honestly, I’m not sure how to describe this one! Or for that matter, how I even feel about it. Ha!

Sophie is a single mother raising two daughters while working full time with an agency providing home-health to the elderly. When Sophie meets her newest patient Ivy, she’s immediately smitten by her son Max. Could he be the man of her dre
Dash fan
5☆ A Compulsive Read, I couldn't put down!

Dying To See You is a Psychological Thriller that will get under your skin.
The idea of someone staking you and befriending you without you knowing gives me the chills!  I Loved It!!

Sophie lives alone with her 2 daughters
Tilly the eldest and Mia the youngest and
Welly the cat.

Sophie has a feeling she is being watched
Maybe she is paranoid!
Or maybe she isn't - as lurking in the shadows is indeed someone watching her every move!

Max is a killer!
We first meet
Shirley Revill
This has to be one of the best physiological thrillers that I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.
So many twists and turns that I couldn't bring myself to hit the pause button on this audiobook.
If you love a good thriller then this story might be the one for you. I really enjoyed this story and I will be looking for other books from this author.
Susanne Strong
3.25 Stars* (rounded down)

“Dying to See You” by Kerena Swan has a sinister feel to it right from the start. It’s spooky and hair-raising and it will keep you entertained.

Sophie is a single mum who works for a care organization. Both she and her teenage daughter Tilly, feel like they are being watched. Two people can’t be imagining the same thing, can they?

Through her job, Sophie meets Ivy and Ivy’s grandson Max. Ivy needs a carer, thus Sophie is happy to step in. Max and Sophie immediately feel
Michelle
Apr 13, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arcs
When I saw this book come up for request on NetGalley I immediately requested it because of the cover and then the blurb promised a stalker and for me that's book perfection. I love me a good stalker.

Sadly this book does NOT deliver. The book is being billed as "a dark and deadly psychological thriller " but there are no thrills or chills to be found here.

The first chapter was excellent and I was so excited to keep reading but sadly any excitement I had waned after that first chapter. While it
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I have to say that this book held some nice surprises as it didn’t go quite how I expected.

Sophie is a single mum to two girls, Tilly and Mia. I loved this family. All the characters you really warm to and what is going on in their lives affects you also. You are really routing for them through out.

Max and Ivy it is hard to say too much about them without giving a lot of the story away and wouldn’t want to spoil it for anyone but believe me, you won’t be disappointed!

Dying To See You is a story
Tan Markovic
DNF @ 60%...
I really thought I'd love this...but it just wasn't what I was expecting from the title and the synopsis.
I don't know, just not for me I guess...on to the next!
Julie Parks
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Thank you Netgalley for an advanced copy in exchange for my honest review.

This book is fast-paced, creepy and filled with dark corners (literally). I think I usually go for more psychological thrillers with the emphasis on the psychological and less on the thrillers. This for me borderlines with horror at times. The chase for answers is out there - keep reading.

I won't say more. But if you, for example, are the kind of person who likes dark autumn evenings where every leave that rustles makes yo
Chelsea
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am pleasantly surprised by this book! After reading mixed reviews I started it some what apprehensive, the opening chapters immediately had me wanting to find out more. We meet Sophie who is a single mum to two girls and is struggling financially, I really empathised with Sophie and I liked her nature. We then meet max who is Ivy's grandson and he is introduced to Sophie who works for the care agency that is providing care for ivy, i was definitely not expecting the twist of the story line in ...more
Melissa In The City 🥂
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
ALL the ⭐s!!!!
I’ll be honest. The first 5 pages I just wasn’t sure if it was going to be for me...I was on the train and needed a read. OH MYLANTA this book was written for me! All the things I love..Twists! Crazies! Love interests! Stalkers!
The psychological thriller part of this book is on every page. What I thought this was about in the first few pages (creepy, stalker, omg she’s going to die) wasn’t even creepy compared to all the things that happened next. It got darker and darker and as
Diane Merritt
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice twisty book.. keeps you interested. Shocked at what happened at the end. Great ending.

Thanks to the publisher and netgalley for an early release of this book
Julie Lacey
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a tricky one to review as I don’t want to spoil the story for you.
It starts out as one story and then it’s flipped on its head and you’re then led down a different path.
The consistent story is Sophie and her two children and the struggles she faces as a single mum. Sophie tries really hard to juggle work and home and then things start to improve in her life.
This is a gripping story and whilst at times it was a bit far fetched, I did enjoy it.
Thanks to Bloodhound Books for giving me t
Val
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Netgalley and Bloodhound books for the ARC of this book.
Crikey, what a read!! A truly gripping "CNPID" read. This book grips you from page one, with twists and turns galore. I enjoyed the fast pace and the way relationships between the characters evolved, despite the story being a bit far fetched but very different from anything else I've read!
Karena Swan be very proud of your debut thriller and I look forward to reading more of your work,.
Jacqueline Murphy
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book so much so finished it in less than a day, did not see the twist coming of who did it & why, loved the 2 different views of what you would do when you love someone, would highly recommend & will watch out for further books by this author, thank you @netgalley for giving me this opportunity
Morgan Schulman
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reader-s-copy
I was given an advanced readers copy in exchange for an honest review.

Not a Booker prize winner, but entertaining with a very unusual twist and a heavy dose of comedy. You’ll enjoy it
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
Happy Publication Day!Wow. What an amazing debut by this author. A brilliant story! Very impressed. I raced through this story as I was well and truely hooked! Devoured it. Well written, clever plot. A real page turner, jaw dropper and eye opener of a story.

From the start I was a bit unsure about Max’s character, very dodgy! But poor Sophie trying her best in life with her job, children and house I began to feel sorry for her. Ivy is one scary, unexpected character of an old woman too. The openi
Misfits farm
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sophie is a single mum to two girls. She keeps having that feeling that she is being watched and maybe followed. The bus stop across the road from her house has shadows and she can’t quite work out if it is her imagination or not. Max is an estate agent with an elderly mother. His mother although needing care is not quite what she seems and has her moments- in more ways than one could imagine. When Max meets Sophie and they take to each other their lives change, at least for one party. The other ...more
Marija
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is entertaining with a very unusual twists and turns and unexpected end.
Author gave us insights from the different perspectives that helped us to get into minds of the characters.
I look forward to reading more of Karena Swan work
Alyson Read
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am more a lover of police/murder stories so a psychological thriller has to be a good one to impress me. And this debut novel certainly did not disappoint. Just when I was thinking I knew where the story was heading there was a wonderful twist (no spoilers here!) Let's just say we should all consider how our behaviour impacts on others and in turn affects their behaviour. and let you find out the rest for yourself.
So thank you to Bloodhound Books for sending this to me and thank you to Kerena
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like fast paced gripping thrillers, this is the right book for you!

Wow, what a read! I could not put it down and I had to keep reading until I was at the last page!
Louise
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable thriller with a twist I didn't see coming - realistic characters with a good plot!
Riann
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A thrilling ride with a twist I never saw coming. Well developed characters and I found myself easily relating to Sophie, one of the main characters. I loved how the author really helped me get into the minds of the characters. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Owl._.
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great thriller! This my favorite genre to read and delivered. Twists and turns ... completely taken by surprise - not at all what I was expecting. Couldn't put it down. Highly recommend.

Thank you #NetGalley and #Bloodhoundbooks for the eARC. This is my honest review.
Erin Stetler
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Plenty of twists and turns. Definitely didn't see what was coming at the end. Love the two different views told in the book. Will definitely be looking for more from this author.
Shell Baker
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dying To See you is the author's debut novel and what a cracking debut it is. Which follows the story of single parent Sophie who meets Max grandson of Ivy with only a hand full of characters to get involved with the author weaves a creepy story about relationships, love and obsession.

I must say this story so isn't what I thought it was going to be after reading the first chapter. This book a face paced read which is full of mystery, suspense and some twists and turns. We are made aware who the
Donna Maguire

I loved this book, it was chilling in all the right places!!

It had twists and turns that I didn't expect and things I had guessed were wrong - I love that in a book as quite often there are books advertised as having twists that aren't really - well this one most certainly had them!

I really enjoyed the characters and thought that they were spot on for the story and it gave it an added edge for me. The writing style was very well suited to this genre and th
mr graham rollinson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow ! if you like psychological thrillers which keep you on the edge of your seat then Dying To See You is a must read ! Sophie is a working single mum with two daughters trying to make ends meet. When she starts to care for Ivy she meets Max,Ivy's grandson who unbeknown to Sophie has been watching her from afar,but is Max the dangerous stalker you may think he is, or does he just want to look after Sophie and her family ? When women start to go missing the police become involved and Max is unde ...more
Alexina Golding
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a book
He's watching
He's waiting
She's next

This is a stomach clenching read, with the whole stalker perspective.
A sense of dread follows you from page to page.
The suspence is extremely well timed, and the tension throughout the book, kept me on the edge of my seat.

With a hint of trepidation and unease that follows chapter after chapter.

I especially felt for Sophie who was doing all she could to help her family while holding down a job, making the most of all she had.
A clever psychologica
Helen Puckett
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a rollercoaster of a book, gripping from the start fantastic twist which I didn't see coming ! Highly recommended!
Keirstin Smith (CloudOfThoughts)
Dying to see you is a stalker/psychological thriller that doesn't lose interest. It's pretty fast paced and well thought out. I read this very quickly, enjoyed every page! Basically Sophie meets Max, the grandson of the elderly lady she is helping assist with things. Max is obsessed with Sophie, taking things to the extreme. Great great book!
  • Strategy
  • Don't Say It
  • Perfect
  • Finding Eva
  • Lazy Blood
  • This Dark Place (Detective Kelly Moore, #1)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Day of the Accident
  • Two For Joy (Isabel Fielding Book 2)
  • I Did It for Us
  • Every Step You Take
  • An Act of Silence
  • Scream Blue Murder
  • The Watcher
  • Tell Me a Secret
  • Cross Your Heart (Detective Jess Bishop, #2)
  • The Good Sister
  • The Disappeared
Kerena lives on the Bedfordshire/Buckingham border with her husband, son and two cats. She also has two daughters and two granddaughters.

‘Dying to See You’ is Kerena’s first novel and she has already started work on her second book ‘I Let You In’. Drawing on her extensive knowledge and experience in the problematic world of social work, Kerena adds a unique angle to the domestic noir genre.