Start by marking “Luminata” as Want to Read:
Luminata

Luminata

A sunken curse. A hidden faerie realm. To save her kingdom, one girl must discover the magic within her heart.

Behind castle walls, Jessi Kleinfield dreams of adventure outside her quiet kingdom. But the once-peaceful realm falls into chaos when an evil sorceress stirs up ancient rivalries and banishes her palace home to an underwater prison. After narrowly escaping the ris
ebook
Published June 18th 2018 by Yvonne Carder

To ask other readers questions about Luminata, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luminata

Start your review of Luminata
Kimberley Shead
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luminata is a great fantasy adventure for young adults and those of us who are young at heart. Yvonne Carder writes rounded characters brought together to save Jessica, the main character's home, family, and neighbours from a magical curse. There are many twists and turns in the story as well as a number of obstacles the characters must overcome during their expedition into the unknown. If you love magic and a different type of shifter, then you'll enjoy Luminata.
Jennifer Pezzella
Ok so this book was very imaginative and not your general run of the mill fairy, other wordly best compilation. There were some good characters, I liked the idea of the Kynafyl and the Gypsy people and all of the unique powers that they had.
There were however a lot of issues with the story telling. There were grammatical errors, sorry to be one of those people but when a grammatical error messes up the flow of the story - it sucks. I felt like the story was very drawn out, probably could have be
C.C. Hrivnak
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First, this cover is absolutely stunning! If I ever am able to get the moon tattoo I’ve been trying to plan on getting for the last three years, the design would definitely based on the artwork on her shoulder! Beautiful!

Now to the review, we meet Jessi trying to recover from watching her friend drown in the river. Anytime she goes by water, she immediately has flashbacks and panic attacks. One day she finally is able to go into the water except it immediately seems to become alive and try to sw
Chess Desalls
What a charming YA fantasy read! I enjoyed all of it⁠—the Romani, Fae, Sparks, Kynafyl, and that twist with Hansi.

Carder's descriptions are rich, and her colorful, tangible storytelling held my interest. I could see fans of Missy Sheldrake liking this book as well.
Stacy Charron
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, it's starts out slow but once it gets going it's full of twists and turns. Was completely surprised by the ending!! Can't wait to rread the next book when it comes out! Definitely recommend reading this book.
Emily Kazmierski
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story, especially all of the different characters and their backgrounds. The author did a good job of describing the different people groups in ways that made them each stand out from each other. I also enjoyed how the use of magic was described throughout.
Jackie
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding story as always by this superb author. Couldn’t put it down
Jenni
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Luminata has a 'old' fantasy vibe to it and reminded me of fantasy I used to read years ago, I am thinking Eddings etc, it's made me remember how much I loved those stories and so I have plans to reread them.

The story follows a young girl on a quest to save her family, as she plunges in to the Fae world and meets lots of friends. The protagonist Jessica is a fairly passive character, she seemed to be so easily convinced and I can't help but feel it would have been nicer to get to know more of J
Heather Lee Lee Dyer
Zebbie Saia
Mar 05, 2019
Kelly
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book through facebook as an arc and was really surprised. I always like books with a fairy aspect and this book did not disappoint. Really great read. Can’t wait for the sequel!!
Kathi
Jul 01, 2018
C.A. King
Jul 10, 2018
Yvonne Carder
Jul 14, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kathleen

• On a Sunbeam
  • My Faire Lady
  • Dragon Pearl
  • The Book Case
  • The Mystery of Black Hollow Lane (Black Hollow Lane, #1)
  • Gladstone's School for World Conquerors 2
  • Weird Little Robots
  • Knights of Asherah: Volume 1 (Knights of Asherah, #1)
  • How to Stage a Catastrophe
  • Honeybees and Frenemies
  • Release the Virgins
  • Blastaway
  • Mystery in the Mansion (Case Closed, #1)
  • Spinnerette - Mayhem in the Midwest (Spinnerette, #6)
  • The Strangers (Greystone Secrets, #1)
  • Oz: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
  • The Story Web
Yvonne Carder is a Young Adult Fantasy Author that has published 'Luminata: Book 1 in the Meclauks Kingdom Series' and 'Star Flame: A Story from the Meclauks Kingdom'. She is currently working on book two in the series.

Yvonne lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband Kevin, and her 2 cats, Princess Pumpkin Doodle, and Nichademus. Yvonne has a love for animals that she strives to show in