Start by marking “The Earl in My Bed (Rebellious Desires #2)” as Want to Read:
The Earl in My Bed (Rebellious Desires #2)

The Earl in My Bed

(Rebellious Desires #2)

For years, Daphne Wentworth, Countess Carrington has loved her powerful, enigmatic husband, despite the fact that they married under less than ideal circumstances. But no more. Finally at her breaking point, Daphne intends to create a scandal so big, her austere husband will have no choice but to divorce her. Except everything goes awry when he surprises her with the last

Published April 9th 2018 by Entangled Publishing: Scandalous

To ask other readers questions about The Earl in My Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Earl in My Bed

Start your review of The Earl in My Bed (Rebellious Desires #2)
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger*
4 married but not together, slow burn stars

A chance meeting between Sylvester Wentworth, Earl of Carrington, and the daughter of a neighboring Viscount (Daphne) leads to a marriage by blackmail.... When Daphne first encounters the handsome stranger who pulls her and her pup from the rushing waters, she is attracted to him; after a storm necessitates that they spend a little more time together which they spend talking about many topics, she is infatuated. Her coming out is only a few weeks away,
Ivy H
Mahima
Jul 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am in love with Stacy Reid's writing ❤️
God!! All the emotions in the story touched something so deep in my heart. I loved every word, line and paragraph of it❤️

⚫All the characters are so beautifully written.
⚫ Plotting and the story is so intriguing that it kept my heart fluttering with so many emotions.
⚫ Writing style no doubt is amazing

Daphne is innocent yet knows the way of life. She is vulnerable yet so fierce. I could feel her positive and strong vibe here, sitting on my reading spot✨
Esther
Couple quick points.

~Hero did irritate me a little at the beginning of the story. His inability to communicate, his irritation and anger at the heroine. But he did see the "light" in pursuing and getting to know his wife in a near death experience (thought it was a little cheesy and too easy of a quick fix).

~Heroine was adorable, sweet and strong. She did wait a tad too long to stand up to him IMHO.

~Was engaged and interested in the couples HEA.

~Nice pacing and character development was fairl
Carvanz
3.5 Stars

Daphne and Sylvester have been married for six years and yet they barely talk, rarely see each other and have never touched. The circumstances of their marriage are not the type to bring about warmth and affection. When Sylvester almost dies he decides it is time to fulfill his familial obligation and sire an heir. Unfortunately for him, Daphne has other plans that have nothing whatsoever to do with sharing her husband’s bed.

I understood Sylvester’s reasoning for remaining aloof and icy
 tatiana ❀
I thought the plot was too complicated for how short this was, but it was still very enjoyable. Would've liked more steam, it's a slow burn and the pay off was a little bit disappointing.
Stacy Reid
The Earl in My Bed is book two in my new Regency series, Rebellious Desires. Daphne was featured briefly in book 1, Duchess by Day, Mistress by Night by Stacy Reid and I received several emails asking for her story. I hope you enjoy Daphne and Sylvester journey to HEA and I had a fab time writing their love story.

A few months ago I joked to my hubby he sucked at naming books, and he challenged me to say he will come up with better titles than me for my next series. He named book 1 and he also named The Earl in My bed. So thank you, my l
Lucina

Loved it! This was how I wished "The Day Of The Duchess" by Sarah MacLean would be and wasn't. Thankfully cheating played no role in this one but the premise was similar and in the end this was such an entertaining and fulfilling read!
Sangria
This was a steady & simply realistic romance. 3.5.

For all you very modern women, sheath your claws. This book hits upon the very realistic “heir” begetting of the era. If you find it offensive, I can’t imagine why your reading historical. It’s bound to be brought up, it is after all the number one reason to wed back then.

Luckily here, there’s something deeper.

Our heroine, thru no fault of her own, was left behind in a very lonely marriage. Our hero, though extremely honorable, was blackmailed b
Kimberly
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars - Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Sylvester and Daphne haven’t had an easy marriage. Six years ago they met and had an instant connection; one that was spoiled when Daphne’s father threatened to ruin Sylvester’s sister unless the earl came to heel. Since their fateful wedding, Sylvester has pretty much ignored Daphne, and the love she had for him has given way to a desperation to break free from the holding pattern she’s been in for years. Daphne is determined to court a scandal so big he
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Earl in My Bed by Stacy Reid is book Two in the Rebellious Desires Series. This is the story of Daphne Wentworth, Countess Carrington and Sylvester Wentworth, Earl of Carrington.
I have read the previous book (and loved it!) but feel this can easily be a standalone book if you choose to do so.
Daphne and Sylvester are married they didn't live as man and wife. Daphne was young and went along with her father's wishes. Not knowing what all her father had done to ensure the marriage but soon lea
Gwessie Tee
Naughtiness 4*

Absolutely love this book, truly adore it very much and very much recommend it, our heroine and our hero both truly amazing characters aswell as damned stubborn in the best possible way.

I won't give spoilers, this book has everything you can want in a regency romance and much more including mystery, action, adventure and love. Must admit I cried for them both, but utterly love the ending and epilogue.

Thank you so much for writing this book and for the honour of reading it ♥ ♥ ♥
Guiltless Delights
*Mild Spoilers

What I Liked

There was blame too share
No one was blameless and I really liked that. Both parties had made mistakes, let others affect their marriage and had let their emotions rule over logic.
I like this because no one is a saint and we all make mistakes especially in the heat of the moment. It helped to make them feel more human.

Character development
The development of the Heroine and Hero was done very well and mixed well with their own personal development during the story. I fel
Michelle
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The beginning was slow but once it picked up I was really cheering for these two wonderful characters.
Pelusa Rivera
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) So I am going to disagree with all of the five stars, I am glad that you enjoyed it that much but me not so much. Daphne got a bummed deal (God I am so happy I didn't live in that era). Her horrible dad blackmails the one guy Daphne had a crush on and he was a jerk, he thought she was in on it and refused to listen to her when she tried to tell him. Then she is abandoned, treated miserably and lonely. Can you really not understand why she wanted a di ...more
Sometime
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daphne and Sylvester have been married for 6 years but it has been a frigid and loveless marriage. Sylvester was blackmailed into the marriage by Daphne's father and he blames her and ignores her. He does travel occasionally but he spends a great deal of time at home sitting across the dinner table with cold disdain for company. It was painful to read about Daphne's miserable life.

Poor Daphne was barely 17 when she fell in love and thought she would have the marriage of her dreams. After 6 years
Victoria Vale
A solid, engaging read with a sweet HEA. Hero and heroine often drove me bonkers but I still rebooted for them all the way!
AnnMarie
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Earl in My Bed is the second book in the Rebellious Desires series by Stacy Reid. Each book in this series is written as a standalone story.

Daphne Wentworth married Sylvester Wentworth, Earl of Carrington 6 long years ago. They met by chance and there was an instant attraction between them. Unfortunately her father upon learning of her attachment to Sylvester and wanting her to marry well blackmailed Sylvester into marrying Daphne. Something she was unaware of until after they married. She h
Tracy Emro
Maybe 3.5 stars

Daphne Collins and Sylvester Wentworth, The Earl of Carrington met when he saved her and her dog from a near drowning, he takes her back to his home and they talk, he is enchanted with her and she with him. Once she is home she asks her father about him and learns that he is an earl. Her father Viscount Blagrove then does the unthinkable, he blackmails Sylvester into marrying her.

For six years Sylvester has ignored his wife and she is unhappy, she learned on her wedding night that
Lauren loves llamas
Trigger warning: (view spoiler)

This is the second in the Rebellious Desires series, and my second book by Ms. Reid.  While I liked this one as well, I think I prefer the first one for various reasons I'll outline in my review.

To start out with, though, one fascinating subplot was that Sylvester was an ardent abolitionist, traveling to Jamaica to work on freeing slaves from plantations.  While I knew that Englan
Cathy Geha
The Earl in My Bed by Stacy Reid
Rebellious Desires #2

For six years Daphne and Sylvester have been married to one another but have never really been a true husband and wife with all that entails. Their marriage is a sham with no intimacy, not much conversation and little interaction at all…the marriage could easily be annulled if either party should want to. Daphne acquired the status and position her father desired for her, she married a man she admired until she actually found out what being ma
Lori D
My romantic heart just pounds as I turn the last page of this wonderful story. Every time I read a new book by Stacy Reid I am reminded of why I love her writing. She engages me from the first page and keeps me awake late into the night anxious to see what happens, but at the same time wanting the story to go on forever. Her well drawn characters of Sylvester Wentworth, Earl of Carrington and his soon to be Countess Daphne, are all that you can image. Meeting under fateful circumstances and gett ...more
Maria Dariotis
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Stacy Reid has outdone herself! This was a spectacular read, although it can be read as a stand alone it’s book two

This was one angst filled story, I so loved Daphne how she fell in love with her husband on first sight she was a romantic at heart, a young girl full of dreams and hope that we’re so brutally crushed. Her wedding should have been something that she should have fond memories instead she got a nightmare.
Unbeknownst to her, her fathers machinations have gotten her a husban
Darbella
Penny
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
3.5+ Stars

I love Stacy Reid’s take on historical romance. It has all the trappings of the time (although I couldn’t say anything about accuracy as I’m just not that into history) but she makes everything flowy and fun, instead of the sometimes stilted and over flowery language often used in this sub-genre.

The Earl in My Bed is the story of Daphne, a young girl who falls in love with a handsome gentleman and is soon married to him. She finds this surprising, as she later finds out he is an Earl b
Ayekah
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is actually my first adventure into the land of historical romance and as good fortune would have it, I picked a winner.
I loved this book, it had everything one could hope for in a story, romance, suspense, betrayal, mystery and a dark and brooding man. I forgot to add that when the old boy finally comes around, he's smoking hot.
Daphne met Carrington when she was a young girl, she'd jumped into the water to save her puppy and was struggling to hold on when Carrington rode up on horseback a
Tracy DeNeal
Sylvester and Daphne

As usual, I thoroughly enjoyed Stacy Reid's latest novel. The passion and steam were evident even in a forced marriage such as our dear couple's.

We first met Lady Daphne Carrington in DUCHESS BY DAY, MISTRESS BY NIGHT. She appeared to be slightly unhappily married to an admirable and decent man. I was shocked to learn her story. I recall writing something to the effect of Rhys Tremayne being my favorite hero after reading that book. Well, Lady Daphne Carrington is certainly
Inn Auni
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
It did not get a 5 from me simply because I did not get why it took 6 years for these couple to come to term with their feeling. It's not like they were apart throughout those 6 years. They were there, only not communicating. And if you have waited for 6 years, why not for the rest of your life? What change? You realized you need love after 6 years in a loveless marriage? See, that's what I don't understand.

I didn't see much character development. The h for example, sounded the same as when she
Elaine
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my, this was so wonderful. Full of drama. I loved the storyline and the characters. It was a story that I couldn't wait to get to the conclusion, yet didn't want it to end. On the whole, a complete and beautifully written story with, of course, a HEA.
Loved it! 5☆
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Regarding the Duke (Game of Dukes, #3)
  • A Counterfeit Courtesan (The Shelley Sisters Book 3)
  • The Matter of a Marquess  (The Duke's Bastards, #3)
  • The Love of a Libertine (The Duke's Bastards, #1)
  • When a Girl Loves an Earl (Rescued from Ruin, #5)
  • Lady Ruthless (Notorious Ladies of London, #1)
  • The Redemption of a Rogue (The Duke's By-Blows, #4)
  • Her Virtuous Viscount (Wicked Husbands, #6)
  • Scandal in Spades (Lords of Chance Book 1)
  • Earl of Every Sin (Sins and Scoundrels Book 4)
  • Her Missing Marquess (Wicked Husbands Book 5)
  • Duke of Debauchery (Sins and Scoundrels #5)
  • Lady Reckless (Notorious Ladies of London, #3)
  • The Return of Lady Jane (The Scandal Sheet, #1)
  • The Devil Is a Marquess (Rescued from Ruin, #4)
  • Sarah: A Regency Romance Novella
  • The Truth About Cads and Dukes (Rescued from Ruin, #2)
  • The Undercover Duke (The 1797 Club, #6)
I am an unapologetic romance lover. I read it. I write it. Enough said. Well..I also have a warrior way "Never give up on my dreams." I spend a copious amount of time drooling over Rick Grimes from Walking Dead, watching Japanese anime and playing video games with my love, Dusean.

Rebellious Desires (2 books)
  • Duchess by Day, Mistress by Night (Rebellious Desires #1)

News & Interviews