Start by marking “Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)

Honor Kills

(Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries #3)

Did honor force him to abandon his wife and kids? Or is he just a weasel?

Six years ago, Marcy Wagner hired PI Angelina Bonaparte to find her missing husband Hank, who cleaned out their bank accounts and disappeared. Then Angie finds his obituary in an upstate newspaper. Marcy wants to know what why he abandoned her and the kids. Angie does, too!

She embarks on a mission
Published May 1st 2018 by Dark Chocolate Press LLC

Start your review of Honor Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #3)
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

The long-awaited 3rd installment of this series is here!

Angie Bo-nah-par-tay is back and has new information on an old case. Marcy Wagner hired her six years ago to find her husband, a school teacher that just disappeared. She has been doing the usual checks with no success but now the man’s obituary has shown up in a Steven’s Point newspaper. Angie gets a copy of the death certificate and it states he was “Never Married”. She breaks all this news to Marcy gently but Angie is
Kathy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
I don't think I will read more from this author. Plausibility not there for me. I can't bring myself to describe the action. First...how does this woman run her agency without paying clients? Never mind. That is the least of it. Overview: case involves locating missing husband/father over period of five years. Staged body replacement death. Mob. Need I say more? Well, there's the underwear. Ha ha.
Col
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r, 2018
Synopsis/blurb...

A missing husband. A suspicious obituary. She’s not the only one hunting down a dead man’s footsteps.

As a divorcee, Angelina Bonaparte knows firsthand the lengths some men will go to escape responsibility. When a worried mother wants the private investigator to track down her missing husband, she’s eager to bring the deadbeat dad to justice. But even after she discovers the man’s obituary, she refuses to believe it until she sees the body. Tracking down the nurse who last saw hi
Babs
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Angelina is a female PI working in Milwaukee. She stumbles across a clue that leads her back to a cold case from six years ago and Marcy Wagner’s husband. He left his family and cleaned out the bank accounts and the more she digs the more questions than answers happen.

I like Angie as she is tough as nails. She really cares about her clients sometimes too much but that is what makes-her great. Well written and the characters are great as well.

I have not read the other books but it seems that eac
Larry F Sommers
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honor Kills is the third in the fast-paced and exciting Angelina Bonaparte detective series from author Nanci Rathbun, and like its predecessors (Truth Kills and Cash Kills) it involves total immersion in the compelling world and life rhythms of its protgagonist, Angie—a sassy, sexy, Sicilian-American investigator with Family ties.
The tale begins when Angie learns of the recent death of Hank Wagner, a vanished husband she has been tracing for years without turning up a clue. She follows the tra
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on http://bookaddict.live.
Well I am in mourning after finishing the third audiobook chronicling the adventures Angelina Bonaparte private Detective, and heroine to this woman of a certain age. Book three starts innocuous enough with Bobbie doing a check on the Marcy Wagner case and finding an obituary in a newspaper. Angelina has been searching for any trace of Hank of over 5 years when he walked out on his wife and family. This case is mentioned in first two books in passing
Nothing is
Lauren Jones
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A private investigator has its pros and cons. You work long hours and sometimes can get so wrapped up in work that it becomes difficult to have a relationship because most of our cases are about infidelity or adultery. You end up doing things that you have never thought you’d ever end up doing, i.e. digging in someone else’s garbage, bird watching, pulling an all-nighter surveillance stakeout, and impersonating others to get the information that you seek for a client. This information can make o ...more
Annie
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In most mysteries, the pleasure of reading is not only found in the search for the murderer or unraveling a plot puzzle, it is also rooted in the determination of the main character and the complexities of her relationships. In Honor Kills, there is plenty of both, with an extra element of humor to boot. Angelina Bonaparte, the protagonist, is a quick-witted, maverick detective whose work as a private investigator is just as important as her relationship with special agent Wukowski. When Angie i ...more
Grant Leishman
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Reviewed For Readers' Favorite by Grant Leishman

Angelina Bonaparte (pronounced Bon-ar-par-tay) is a female private detective working out of Milwaukee. Six years ago Marcy Wagner hired her to find out what happened to her school teacher husband, who just disappeared from her life and that of their three children, cleaning out the bank accounts and vanishing. In Honor Kills, by Nancy Rathbun, we find Angie stumbling across a clue that leads her back onto the trail of this long cold case, which An
Billy Buttons
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was entered in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards. This is what our readers thought:
Title: Honor Kills - Angelina Bonaparte Crime Thriler

Writing Style: 10/10
Content: 10/10
Cover: 10/10
Of the 18 readers:
18 would read another book by this author.
18 thought the cover was good or excellent.
18 felt it was easy to follow.
18 would recommend this story to another reader to try.
Of all the readers, 10 felt the author’s s
Maria
May 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This had been a quite complicated case, with a man who disappeared 8 years ago, leaving no trace... now there's an obituary with his name... and his wife and two children demand answers... Lucky for them, Angie doesn't like leaving open cases, so she will do as much as she can to have all the answers this family deserves, even if they are not the ones they are searching... Ready?
I was quite surprised with this book, it is a really complex case where a man that has left his family has appeared de
Mary Lou Hoffman
HONOR KILLS is the third book in the Angelina Bonaparte Mystery series. They should be read in the order or release.

There was a snafu with the audible codes and I didn’t want to miss the third book in this tour, so I purchased it. I’m glad I did.

There is some confusion because at times it is said that Hank has been missing for six years and Angelina has been searching for him for six years. Other times, it is said that it has been sixty months. Sixty months is five years. Once again, my math bra
M
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Appropriate Title For This Book

I’ve been reading mysteries and police procedurals written by new-to-me authors, and I’ve found an author to follow: Nanci Rathbun who writes the PI Angelina Bonaparte mystery series.

Bonaparte is written as a strong protagonist who is intelligent, skilled at her job, caring and emphatic. She is 60ish, dresses stylishly and sports gelled and spiked white hair. Other characters—the good, as well as the not-so good and the bad—are also well-developed and are a pleas
Michelle
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this mystery/thriller in the Angelina Bonaparte series! The story catches you from the beginning and doesn’t let you go right up til the very surprising end. Tons of twist and turns and layers that keep revealing surprises that make this a wonderfully fun ride.
Angie Bonaparte is a strong willed, independent PI who was hired almost six years ago to find the missing husband Hank Wagner. She wasn’t able to do so but periodically checks databases to see if he has appeared. To her
Roger
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honor Kills, my third read from author Nanci Rathbun. I originally got this book back in December of 2018 & one thing lead to another and I never got around to reading it until now. Now I’ve been given an Audible copy of this book & am voluntarily reviewing it and since I own both the Audible & Kindle editions I was able to follow along while being read to. Written in first person, Kieren Calland Metts’s talented narration adds to the well-written book's enjoyment. Extremely well written, the ch ...more
Marleen
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was ok
As much as I love the character of Private Investigator extraordinaire, Angela Bonaparte, this story about Hank Wagner, who left his family and disappeared into thin air, was a bit of a let-down. Indeed, I wasn't totally convinced by the entire plot of the ex-mobster-accountant assuming these various identities to cover his tracks. I was also a bit saddened by the fact that Angela and Det. Wukowski of the Milwaukee P.D. needed to sever their romantic relationship because of Angela's Dad's connec ...more
Holly Lenz
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Honor Kills is the third book in this entertaining series about a middle age female private eye. This story involves a missing man who ran out on his family years before. It’s perhaps a bit more somber then the previous two books in the series.

This book works ok as a stand-alone, though it works better if you have read the previous two books, and the ending left me wanting more. Hopefully the author will write another book for the series soon.

The narrator of the audiobook does a good job with t
Lynn  2 Girls & A Book
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook Review

Wow! Author Nanci Rathbun continues to blow me away. The Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries just keeps getting better. Book 3 is my fave thus far.

The mystery revolving around the disappearance of Hank Wagnor is a twisted and devious tale. As Angie digs into his disappearance, funeral notice, and his life, she uncovers a startling secret that puts Hank, his family, and Ang in danger.

By far the most intense installment, narrator Kieren Calland Metts delivers a flawless performance. I l
Catrina
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again, Nanci Rathbun has given us a solid mystery. What starts out as trying to track down a missing person turns into so much more! More characters are introduced into Angelina’s circle and I hope to see further developments of these relationships in future books.

I’m happy that Kieran Calland Metts has returned to narrate... I can’t imagine anyone else voicing Angelina Bonaparte.

I’ll be anxiously awaiting the next book in the series!

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my reque
Jen
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
PI Angie Bonaparte reactivates a missing person's case from six years previously when an obituary appears in the paper for Hank Wagner. After emptying his bank account, Wagner left his wife and their three children and disappeared. Angie is determined to find out more about why Wagner left a seemingly happy marriage and disappeared. The investigation leads somewhere that not even Angie expected.
Jesse
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
First of all: "This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review."

Maybe each book was just a little too long, or maybe three is one book too many, but whatever the reason, this one didn't quite thrill me as much as the other two. Don't get me wrong, I didn't NOT like it, but I also didn't love it. Still, the series as a whole would be a marvelous read for any mystery fan.
JT
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nanci Rathbun keeps bringing more and more intensity to this series. This novel has twists around each corner in every aspect of Angelina's life. Rolling with life and chasing the truth are tightly intertwined in this the third book of the series. I am hoping that Angelina Bonaparte continues to live, love and investigate in future novels. I am really a fan of her and her quirks. She is definitely an interesting character.
Bev
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: have-read, own-it
This is the third installment of Angelina Bonaparte and it does not disappoint! She is looking for a missing husband that has vanished but is he dead? If not who is he hiding from and why? Can Angelina find him if he is still alive? Anot6her excellent story by Nanci Rathbun. I liked it so much I purchased the series!
bonnie kirchner
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honor Kills

This was a very fascinating book. This whole series was very good. I really enjoyed the mystery in the stories. I recommend this series of books . I hope there will be more to this series. It has to have a better ending.
Suzan
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I loved this book. This is book 3 in the Angie Bo-nah-par-tay series. I love these books. Nanci Rathbun does a wonder job of narrating this series. Angelina is a wonderful character and I can't wait to read book 4 in the series when it comes out.
Lynn
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the series. Living about a hour from Milwaukee and about two hours from Steven Points this book was locations was interesting. The characters bring a lot to the story line. Hopefully, book three is not the last in the series
Kenneth Whitaker Jr
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love the Angelina Bonaparte stories

I've read all 3 of the Angelina Bonaparte books and each of them kept me on the edge of my seat. I am a bit disappointed that Angie and Wukowski had to split but I'm hoping to see them get back together in a future book.
Sandy Lochrie
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
#3 in a Series you don’t want to miss!

I liked her first book that I read the next 2 immediately. Wonderful character. Lighthearted and and thoughtful. She explains family dynamics in a wonderful way. I will be looking for more books from her.
Kathy Debow
Apr 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Good book to read for older generation.Enjoyed the last book more.Interesting characters,good book

if you're in between fast paced and just laid back.Needs a little more excitment for me,took longer to read,kept putting it down.
T Olsen
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent story that's very easy to read and has some real mysteries, fantastic characters and a very interesting plot.
I received this book for free from eBook Discovery. I voluntarily post this review. This is my honest review.

• Calculated Deception (The Calculated, #1)
  • Fatal Demand (Jess Kimball Thriller, #2)
  • Serial Date (Leine Basso Thriller, #2)
  • Runaway Girls (Dominique St. Clair, #2)
  • Grave Games  (Dominique St. Clair, #1)
  • Pretty Killer
  • Wired Truth (Paradise Crime #10)
  • Time to Run
  • Black Ice (Frank Harper Mysteries, #2)
  • A Perfect Eye
  • The Wonkiest Witch (Wonky Inn #1)
  • The Becić Connection (Genevieve Lenard #14)
  • Her Darkest Hour (Rosemary Run #4)
  • Death In Paradise (Hawaii Thriller #1)
  • Burden of Truth (Cass Leary Legal Thriller, #1)
  • Rafferty's Rules: A Rafferty P.I. Mystery (Rafferty : Hardboiled P.I. Book 1)
  • The Ninth District
  • The Ghosts of Wonky Inn (Wonky Inn #2)
Nanci Rathbun is a lifelong reader of mysteries – historical, contemporary, futuristic, paranormal, hard-boiled, cozy … you can find them all on her bookshelves. She brings logic and planning to her writing from a background as an IT project manager, and attention to characters and dialog from her second career as a Congregationalist minister.

Nanci grew up an Army brat, living in Germany, France

Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries (3 books)
  • Truth Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #1)
  • Cash Kills (Angelina Bonaparte Mysteries, #2)